(Close Window)
Topic: Arm thru Glass
Message: Posted by: IlDaDe (May 18, 2007 06:27PM)
Hi all
is there in commerce any arm through glass illusion?
I don't know anything about that kind of effects!
Thanks a lot, Davide
Message: Posted by: magicman899 (May 18, 2007 10:27PM)
The body thru glass (angel) runs roughly 10 grand
Message: Posted by: Jesse Feinberg (May 18, 2007 10:57PM)
Who sells that??? haha
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (May 18, 2007 11:35PM)
You would have to get a glassmaker to get it for you.
Message: Posted by: sickmagic (May 19, 2007 02:48AM)
[quote]
On 2007-05-18 23:27, magicman899 wrote:
The body thru glass (angel) runs roughly 10 grand
[/quote]

I was there for the filming on that one and I can tell you if it cost 10 grand Chris got ripped off....LOL It for sure did not cost nearly that much, unless you are counting the video production with the sound men, camera crew, and having Thompson, Banacheck, and a few others there. So in theory the whole process could have cost around that, however the trick itself I would guess would be less then a 1000 bucks if that much.
Message: Posted by: IlDaDe (May 19, 2007 09:58AM)
[quote]
On 2007-05-19 00:35, THEGUY26 wrote:
You would have to get a glassmaker to get it for you.
[/quote]

What do you mean?
can you explain a little on pm? Thanks
Message: Posted by: gdw (Jun 6, 2007 05:28PM)
[quote]
On 2007-05-19 10:58, IlDaDe wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-05-19 00:35, THEGUY26 wrote:
You would have to get a glassmaker to get it for you.
[/quote]

What do you mean?
can you explain a little on pm? Thanks
[/quote]

Some one who makes Glass, lol.

I believe the implication is that work needs to be done with a window (glass) to do this ;)
Message: Posted by: joseph (Jun 6, 2007 07:17PM)
I heard it's a real Pane to construct... :) ...
Message: Posted by: dpe666 (Jun 6, 2007 08:00PM)
Jim Steinmeyer's Walking Through A Mirror would be a good equal for walking through glass on stage. :devilish:
Message: Posted by: Ustaad (Jun 6, 2007 08:32PM)
[quote]
On 2007-06-06 21:00, dpe666 wrote:
Jim Steinmeyer's Walking Through A Mirror would be a good equal for walking through glass on stage. :devilish:
[/quote]

It's a great illusion. One of the finest [b]Walking Through A Mirror[/b] illusions invented by Luis de Matos of Portugal. Check out Luis' performance on one of the Worlds Greatest Magic video.

:xmas:
Message: Posted by: dpe666 (Jun 6, 2007 08:44PM)
[quote]
On 2007-06-06 21:32, Ustaad wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-06-06 21:00, dpe666 wrote:
Jim Steinmeyer's Walking Through A Mirror would be a good equal for walking through glass on stage. :devilish:
[/quote]

It's a great illusion. One of the finest [b]Walking Through A Mirror[/b] illusions invented by Luis de Matos of Portugal. Check out Luis' performance on one of the Worlds Greatest Magic video.

:xmas:
[/quote]

I did not like the de Matos version as much as the Steinmeyer illusion. :devilish:
Message: Posted by: thehawk (Jun 6, 2007 11:25PM)
[quote]
On 2007-06-06 21:44, dpe666 wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-06-06 21:32, Ustaad wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-06-06 21:00, dpe666 wrote:
Jim Steinmeyer's Walking Through A Mirror would be a good equal for walking through glass on stage. :devilish:
[/quote]

It's a great illusion. One of the finest [b]Walking Through A Mirror[/b] illusions invented by Luis de Matos of Portugal. Check out Luis' performance on one of the Worlds Greatest Magic video.

:xmas:
[/quote]

I did not like the de Matos version as much as the Steinmeyer illusion. :devilish:
[/quote]

Any reason why you preferred one over the other.
Message: Posted by: dpe666 (Jun 7, 2007 04:22PM)
Copperfields can be "examined". It is a real mirror. De Matos' looks like mylar. De Matos' also needs a cloth and it is not "one limb at a time". :devilish:
Message: Posted by: TomKMagic (Jun 7, 2007 05:32PM)
[quote]
On 2007-06-06 20:17, joseph wrote:
I heard it's a real Pane to construct... :) ...
[/quote]

I can see right through that glass joke...