(Close Window)
Topic: Bob Littles Super Sunday June 24th, 2007 (PA, NJ, NY,DE, MD, VA ,WV)
OK all you Northern East Coast Magicians, Bob Little and Mike Miller put together another Bob Little fantastic one-day Super Sunday convention.

Are you going? As Bob says, "It on Christmas Eve, but six months ahead of time in JUNE!" What a way to remember June 24th, 2007

See http://www.BobLittlesSuperSunday.com for directions.
I'll be there the last two conventions were great!
Anyone know the acts yet?
[quote]
On 2007-05-21 13:55, inidyls wrote:
Anyone know the acts yet?
[/quote]

Not sure, but I am saving my money for Kutztown, Pennsylvania later this year. If it was anything like last year it will be a must attend convention!!!!!
Hey Dennis
The special guest lecturer is really special, Mike Miller out did himself this time. Are we allowed to mention his name? Well if we are not allowed to mention his name, I would like to say I'll be there, because I've been dieing to see this piason for a long time. If anyone see's me there, and would like me to teach them the "boomerang" rubber band trick, just ask me I love to teach it.

Majestic12
Are you joking? The Kutztown convention is in November. The Super Sunday guest lecturer alone is worth the $30 admission. You can go to Super Sunday, and still have 5 months to save the $25 for Kutztown.
Why don't you tell who the guest lecture is you might get more people to come to super sunday then if you keep it secert
Magictw1
Welcome to the magic Café. Have we met? As the new man here why don't you reveal who the special guest performer/lecturer will be on June 24th?
Yes we met I don't know who it is. that's why I posted to find out why you don't say who it is
Excuse me I thought you knew too, perhaps we will chat at Super Sunday. Oh yes the surprise lecturer/entertainer is Aldo Colombini. Mike Miller announced it at our most recent SAM4 meeting, so I don't think I am revealing any secret.
[quote]
On 2007-05-26 22:11, Al Angello wrote:
Perhaps we will talk at Super Sunday. Oh yes the surprise lecturer/entertainer is Aldo Colombini. Mike Miller announced it at our most recent SAM4 meeting, so I don't think I am revealing any secret.
[/quote] thank you
Sounds like a blast! Hopefully I'll see you guys there. Thank you for the insights, Den and Al.

Scott
Al Angello, my friend. If you are going, then I am going. Bye the way, your award winning performance in the Assembly 4 SAM Stage Contest this year was excellent - a real treat to watch. See you at Bob's!
Scott... Are you going to be there?
Peter
Thank you for your kind words. I'll see you at Super Sunday.

Scott
I can't wait to hear your next podcast, because it is an interview with my hero Steve Dushech.
Hey Al, I hope to meet you this year. I was looking forward to it last time but you couldn't make it. Just wear your red shirt and suspenders and I'll be sure to find you.
OK Dave
Just for you I will wear my lucky purple suit, with matching hot pink shirt, tie, and suspenders. Anyone interested in the "boomerang" rubber band trick I will be glad to teach, and/or show it to anyone who askes me.
Dennis, I'm planning on being there. I've got a lot of surprises in store, too, for the convention.

Al, Steve's interview will be ready soon. I'm recording the pre- and post-roll for the show this weekend when I can find time in between gigs.

Can't wait to see everyone again!
Scott
I love Super Sundays. I love seeing old friends and session (in the hallways, of course - so as not to interrupt the lectures, etc.).

Bob Little is such a cool guy and essential to the magic community. Thanks, Bob for all you do.

Forrest
Forrest Chapman
I must congradulate you on your performance in the SAM4 stage competition. You not only came in first, but you had considerable competition, because the guy who came in second was the legendary Dick Gustafson, and I came in third.
It's hard to follow a good rope routine with a good rope routine. The fella who got to go first might have had an advantage. ;)
Yes Mark the combination of Francis Tabray, and Dick Gustafson makes for a formidable foe. Make no mistake about it I was the third best competitor that night no matter what order we performed.
Thanks
Well it's two weeks away! I'll be there!
I just emailed a few members of my SAM ring to see if anyone there will be going to Bob Little's convention, so I'm waiting on their response to see if I can catch a ride with any of them.

I really don't want to have to wait until the next one. (By the way, does anyone know when the next one will be?)

Fingers crossed!
-Vinnie
Vinnie, why can't you levitate over there? I thought you were a magician :lol:

I don't know the exact date but Super Sunday is twice a year, June and November. Dennis will probably know the exact date.
Yeah, I wish. :goof:

REALLY!? that's GREAT!!! Well, if I don't make this one, I'll definitely make the November one!

Geesh, waiting for your 17th birthday (July 22nd) seems like FOREVERRRR! My licence is going to have "Magic Convention Attendee" written on it. :lol:

By the way, I really want to see Mickey Silver - is he usually at all of the Bob Little Conventions?

-Vinnie
That's the beauty of Bob's convention. You never know who's going to be there.
[quote]
On 2007-06-15 14:13, Dave Scribner wrote:
That's the beauty of Bob's convention. You never know who's going to be there.
[/quote]

:)

That's my goal for this year - to see Micky Silver perform. =]

-Vinnie
It is usually mid-November.
Vinnie
Mickey Silver is a free spirit who dosen't answer his email, PM's, or teach any of his amazing moves to anyone, last week he was knocking them dead in Vegas, then I heard he visited a magician in LA. I do however expect him to be working at the Paris Hilton's coming out of prison party. Are you invited to that one Vinnie?
Hi Guys. Kelly and I should be there as well. We always enjoy going to Bob's. It is meeting with old friends and getting to know new ones that is such a joy for us. We love watching and learning new magic and just having a good time. The only problem is that we may have to bailin the afternoon to do a gig and then get back in time for the evening show. I totally forgot the convention when I booked this gig. Oh wells. We will still make it all happen and see you guys there.

Kyle
I got a last minute three hour walkaround booking Sunday afternoon, but I will be there for the evening show. My wife, and I also look forward to attending the sell out SAM4 banquet on June 21.
Well it is this Sunday, and I hope to see you all there! I will either be on Spotlight or projecting the Close-up routines onto the big screen!
My son, daughter and I are looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone there -- it'll be our first time for this one (and 1st at any convention for that matter!).
No one from my ring emailed me back. =[ So I'll definitely see you guys at the next one!

Have a great time everyone!!!
-Vinnie
Hey trekdad, since you don't have an avatar, you'll have to keep an eye out for the rest of us. Dennis is easy. He's easy to spot. I'll be there without the grandkids so picture me alone. We'll all have to keep an eye out for Al.
Dave are you saying I am so big one can't miss me? :)
Only in performance and status :lol: Seriously, you're just easy to spot.
I know what you were refing to. How can anyone miss me because I am up front projecting the close-up magic, and in the back talking to many Café members.
My wife and I will be there as well (minus my red jacket). I do have a gig I must perform in the afternoon. Stupoid me booked a show a while back for this date forgetting it ewas Bob's convention. So we will go and leave after lunch for the gig and get back for the evening show. It is always a blast to see old friends and meet new ones as well.

Kyle
Greetings Guys;
All of you who are Café members, stop by my booth at Bob's and identify yourself (cafe names) and I'll have a gift for each of you.
See you there Sunday
All the Best
Marty
Marty
I hope you still have a good selection of magic wands left when I get there (4:00 pm).
Thanks Marty -- looking forward to meeting you as well as the others who posted here.

My son will probably be walking around with his Nielson manipulation deck, my daughter will have her spongeballs, and I'll be the one with the kid-in-a-candy shop look.

We're really looking forward to the performance and lecture. Any ideas as to who these will feature, or is it generally always kept under wraps?
Not only will the great Aldo Colombini be at Bob Little's Super Sunday on June 24, 2007, but legendary Washington, D.C. magic dealer Al Cohen will be on hand to talk about his remarkable career in magic. He will be interviewed there on stage by another magic luminary - Hank Moorehouse. Al's friend of 50+ years, George Hample, who created the great bill effect "Beswitched" (featured in Michael Ammar's Greatest Money Magic DVD series) and gave Al the rights to market it here in the states, will also be on hand to perform in honor of Al. Aside from all this, the wonderful afternoon lecture, the evening show, the many dealers and the fabulous auction, Bob has much in store for his many attendees. All for only $30.00. As conventions go, Bob's is by far the best value for my money. As Bob says, "Wow, man, wow!" We are so fortunate to have Bob Little on the East Coast. My he reign forever. Can't wait to see you there!
Trekdad
There is no secret the special guest is the great Aldo Colombini. Be there or be square.
Guys, I am going tomorrow, and I want to participate in the auction. My parents are dropping me off and I have never been in an auction before and I was wondering if one of you could help me with bidding tomorrow. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Evan
Hank Moorehouse is the auctioneer, and he usually announces that if a boy is bidding against an old timer the bidding war will be stop, and the trick will be awarded to the kid, so I suggest you get there early, stand up when you bid, smile at Mr. Moorehouse, and he will take care of you.
If you see me, or I find you Al can you still help me?
This will be my first SuperSunday. Im looking forward to meeting all of you, making new friends and just having a great time. Also Ive never been to a magic auction so hopefully I will get there early enough to see what its all about. I'll be wearing my Tomsoni & Co. Bird Shirt so when you see me stop me and tell me how cool my shirt is! Ok see you all in the morning!
-Pauly
Evan, Al probably won't be around when the auction is happening but most people will help you out. It's a simple process. Hank will explain what each item is and start the biddin at a certain price. He'll ask for a higher bid and if you're interested in it, just raise your hand, jump up and down, yell out or generally get his attention. The bidding will continue until no other bids are made. You must pay for the item when you win it. They'll bring the item to you and you give them the money. Cash only. You can usually look at most of the items before the auction to get an idea of what is there.
Thanks, Dave!! See you all tomorrow!!
Today rocked! Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for the show. The auction was phenomenal, and so was the lecture. In the auction I won the Hippity Hop Rabbits magnetic kind, for $25 not bad. Can't wait for the one in November.
Evan, sorry I didn't meet you. The auctions are always fun. Every once in awhile you can get a good deal.

Hey Al, did you make it? I looked for you.
For me, Al Cohen made the day. Listening to his stories today made the two hour trip worth it. Thanks to Hank for conducting the interview and Bob for having the convention.

48 minutes and 22 seconds of pure magic in that interview. Someone should make that available. :)

Scott
Haha, sounded like fun guys! I'll see you guys in November!! :)

-Vinnie
Scott, that some one would be Al, I made him a DVD of that interview, minutes after that interview was over.

Yes, it was fun, however, one knows he has too much magic when he bigng stuff to the auction and goes home from Bob's SuperSunday with more money then I arrived.

What did I buy, some David Ginn books I did not have in my collection and a Tarbell Companion Book. I was to busy helping Bob as a stage hand to really look over the products. I did notice there appeared to be a lot for close-up and card magicians.
Sounded like fun! I really wish I could have gone, but I was too busy. I'll probably be there in November.

John
Dave
I'm sorry I did not make it to Super Sunday I got a second last minute job. I missed Aldo, and you, I'll see you in November.
Guys, what was the free gift from MArtY?
The next one is Novewmber 18th and Martini was giving out pen "Hot Rods."
Rats, I can't believe I didn't get one.
And I thought I had every version of hot rod there was. The pen is really a neat idea.
[quote]
On 2007-06-25 07:56, Dennis Michael wrote:
Scott, that some one would be Al, I made him a DVD of that interview, minutes after that interview was over.
[/quote]

Actually, I cleared it with Bob, Al and Hank to record the interview. I did audio only using my Macbook and gave all three of them an audio CD of the interview right after the interview.

I'll be including that on the Magic Lantern podcast in another episode or two. That's what I was implying in my post. We've got two guests lined up already (one to be recorded tonight and the other within the week). But stay tuned. :)

Scott