(Close Window)
Topic: The Barfly Billet
Whilst doing my weekly browse of Mentalism items on ebay I cam across this item at a lovely cheap no-risk price of $12.50. It seems "new billet techniques" or "new center tear" are trigger phrases that activate a "must buy" repsonse from me and I couldn't resist getting hold of it.

And I am mightily glad I did. The tear itself is kind of a hybrid of two other techniques but in and of itself it stands very well - the author, Charles Affholter, admits this similarity to ohter tears up front. I have tried it out a few times and I like it a lot - I don't know if it will be THE tear for me but I shall play with it some more and decide.

However the tear is not the only item in the book. There's a terrific section on why to use a tear which made me think about things in a way I had never considered and there's also a cracking good routine very much worthy of study.

The tear, the routine and the thinking behind using tears as opposed to peeks are all singularly worth the price of admission - together in one ebook it's an absolute bargain.

Best,

David.
David, Deepest thanks for the extraordinarily kind words. A note to the self-appointed ethics committee on the Café: there is a similarity to two other techniques, one intentional, one a case of independent development, but I did secure permission from all associated parties before publishing the move.
No problem Charles, and he is quite right - I omitted to mention that Charles obtained permission from the other parties to publish the move. A rare and wonderfully gentlemanly act in this day and age of rehashed material.
This is also available from lulu.com. On ebay, you have to wait for me to send you the manuscript, whereas at lulu it is an instant download.
The Barfly Billet Test is one of the slickest, most elegant Psychic effects I think I have ever read. Lean, mean and clean, it allows the spectator to use their own intuition successfully, while at the same time allowing the Psychic to pick up impressions effectively and name names! If you like to work a tad strong, this will be right up your alley, this one will get you salivating!

This download is 24 pages long, very well done, clean and clear text and plenty of clear pix showing you what to do and how to do it. Within the download, you will received the skinny on Charles’ Center Tear, a clean and easy-to-learn combo of moves he’s worked out. Like I said, this method is clearly explained and most easy to learn. If you are on the hunt for a new and easy Peek/Tear, this one will satisfy you nicely. At this price, you can hardly go wrong: $12.50!

I can count at least three times that this Mss. is worth the loot to me: His new take on the tear alone is worth the $12.50 easily. I don’t know of ANY instructions on the Peek/Tear available anywhere that you could get for a $12 buy-in. There are also, buried within the text of the Mss, some hot tips and hints, subtleties that were worth more than the purchase price for me. That’s the second value. Now, the value of these tips will depend on whether you’ve already gleaned these tips from Life or not, but I hadn’t, and they were worth strong loot to me! So: 3 times the price: The tear is worth $12.50, the tips worth $12.50 and that slick psychic routine he offers is also worth a lot more than his asking price.

Charles states that this is 1) His first offering to the Mentalism community, and 2) the first of 3 proposed manuscripts if the response to this one makes it worth his while. Dibs on First In Line for the other ones! He includes the first part of an essay that will be part of the second Mss...and reveals himself to be one of those rarest of Mentalism creatures: a humorist. And one with insight and intelligence, it seems.

Very nice first showing from a slick pro. At $12.50, my advice would be to Hie Thee to Lulu and slap some loot down on this very good eBook. Here's one that's worth the money.
Tom, I am deeply humbled by your kind words. Being familiar with your own work on the Think Pink tear, where, I will say, you reveal yourself to be a first rate mind in the field, yours is a compliment I value greatly.
I went to the beach today with friends. I should have been relaxing and enjoying myself and thinking about a pretty major decision lying ahead of me. Whilst I did all of those things to a certain extent, ever present in my mind was the Barfly tear and routine - I just can't stop thinking about both!
As I wrote to Tom earlier, to know that my little ouevre has given one furiously to think, to paraphrase Dame Agatha, is as satisfying a success as any fiscal gain.
Tom sent me a tip on the index Card Tear yesterday, and I was pleased, not least because I had tried a similar idea some months before but could never get it to work as I wanted to. Tom has provided a bug-free version and I am thrilled. It makes the tear much smoother at a very critical point. I had allready planned to send out a few notes on the barfly billet, presentational tips, etc, and Tom has graciuously allowed me to include his marvelous idea. If you don't have the barfly billet test, go to ebay or lulu.com and get it to take advantage of Tom's great thinking.
JohnWells,

You lost me on how buying Barfly Billet today will let us take advantage of Tom's great thinking. Will those of who've already bought the e-book receive an update with Tom's idea from yesterday? Regardless, I am really enjoying the work.

Saludos,

John
Mea Culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Forgive the lack of clarity. Yes, all purchasers to date will receive the notes (once they are typed up)which will be later this week. And I'm thrilled you are enjoying it.
One other point of clarification. While I had tried something similar to Tom's addition to the Index Card Tear during the formative stages, Tom discovered a much better method on his own. The post I wrote yesterday seemed, on second reading, to suggest that he got an idea from me and reworked it, which is not the case. Mr. Jorgensen's ingenuity gets all the credit for this one.

So again, all purchasers to date will receive the notes after they are typed.
All:

I purchased this after reading the above endorsements and am NOT sorry. I agree that this is an excellent purchase, EVEN if you have "a favorite method".
And there were only a couple of typos ... those who know me know that typos are a pet peeve of mine.

I'm looking forward to Tom Jorgenson's update as well as future releases from John Wells.

It seems like there is a lot of excellent billet and/or p**k stuff coming out lately. Hope the newbies only learn from this stuff and not muck it up ;-)

Just a recommendation, John, would you add a cover page with your name and such on it? A few years from now if I come across my printout, I'll forget who wrote the manuscript.

Dave Birtwell
David, thank you for the kind words. One day I'll get indistrious and add a cover and correct a few errors I missed in the several proofreads. I hope to have the notes sent out on Friday.
The notes are done. Ebay purchasers, they will appear in your inbox. Lulu purchasers, please send me a private message containing your email address and the answers to the following questions:

1. Who was the photographer?

2. What are two websites mentioned in the manuscript?

3. How many Chinese restaurants are there in my home town?

I will get the notes out to you as soon as I can after receiving your PM, within 24 hours.

July 2007, be on the lookout for the second installment of the barfly's trio, "A guy walks into a bar...(A Complete Mentalism Act - for less than the price of this manuscript)".
I'm going to open this in Inner Thoughts so we can talk.
As I am not a member of the inner thoughts forum, I would greatly appreciate some kind informant keeping me abreast of the discussion.
Greetings all. I labor apace on the second installment of the barfly trilogy, "A guy walks into a bar...(A complete mentalism act-for less than the price of this manuscript)". An excerpt from this upcoming release, next month I hope, was included in "The Barfly's Billet Test", and I thought I'd throw out another brief sample, to get your thoughts, criticisms, etc. Submitted for your aproval:

What precisely is the difference between magic and mentalism? Both use trickery to approximate happenings outside the realm of that which is assumed as possible. (A related question, though to my mind, far less important, is the distinction between mentalism and mental magic, a matter touched upon in my previous, more pedestrian work. The distinction, a choice between "how did you do that?" and "have you always had these abilities?", is, ultimately, determined by your answer to the question at hand.) My thesis, the central integrating motif of my performancev philosophy, to borrow a term from theology, is that magic (and by extension, mental magic) entails a suspension of disbelief on the part of the spectators, whereas mentalism requires active investiture of belief in the performer's abilities (psychic abilities, not sleight of hand abilities) by the spectators. I have made this observation before, but the more I consider this very simple corollary, the more I become convinced of its far-reaching implications. In a sense, a performance of magic is a theater piece with one participant an actor playing the role of a magician and the others impromptu actors portraying believers in magic itself. The spectators know the real magic is in the performers skill (as they believe in a mentalism performance as I envision it), but pretend to believe in real magic, magic seperate in some sense from the performer. Mentalism, on the other hand, is a theater piece in which the performer is the only actor aware of the charade. The spectators become characters unaware of their author, portraying themselves in a drama scripted, directed, and produced by the mentalist. It is the ultimate crossing over the footlights. The power of drama is best realised when the observers lose themselves in artificial reality. That escape and the catharsis it can provide is the real magic of mentalism.

Please let me know what you think. JW
JW, your post is incredibly perceptive, IMHO. Your distinction between the dynamic of mentalism and magic, and the relationship of performer / audience is fascinating.
I thank you.
JW, very well put.
Has anybody had problems opening the attachment with the addendum that John sent?
I open the attachment, and its another forwarded message to another e-mail address, with an attachment. When I open that attachment I get the same thing.
Am I not doing something right?
Woodfield
[quote]
On 2007-06-23 10:34, Woodfield wrote:
Has anybody had problems opening the attachment with the addendum that John sent?
I open the attachment, and its another forwarded message to another e-mail address, with an attachment. When I open that attachment I get the same thing.
Am I not doing something right?
Woodfield
[/quote]
1) Open the email that you have you received
2) Open the attached one to this email
3) Open the attached one of the attached email
4) You will find your e-book
I hope this can help you,
Pier
Hello. I have been allerted to the email problems. If you are having difficulties opening the file, just reply to your email and I'll send another. Please accept my deepest apologies for the delay. JW
JW,
I got it.
Thanks for the prompt response.

My first thought about the billet tear was,"Why do I need a CT with an index card?" But the more I thought about it, the more I could see a need for it.
It's nice to work with larger print under less than ideal lighting conditions.
Plus, it's perfect for Banacheks PK Writing effect from his first DVD.
I like it a lot.
-Woodfield
Woodfield, many thanks. I use a lot of index cards, for my psychometry routine, in my q and a, in doing close up readings, so it was logical to use them for my billet work as well.
Hello. Within three days, I will be releasing a short manuscript devoted to card magic (tnot a part of the three manuscripts devoted to mentalism) called "Devilishly Transcendent and other card tricks from behind the bar". There are four complete effects,a handling of a classic ace trick,a couple of new sleights, and a few ideas for card workers. It will go for about $7 on lulu.com. I'll post a notice here when it's available. Jno. Wells
John,
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I think this is brilliant and am definately going to use this. I am not aware of a more natural peek. And, I can finally do a CT using something a perfectly reasonable paper product...index cards. I have been a huge fan of the Osterlind CT and will still use it. But, the Barfly has the advantage of allowing multiple billets to be in play, simultaneously, without compromising the ease of getting the peek (although still possible with the Osterlind CT). The routine included with Barfly is also top notch. I totally agree with others, above, that this is more than worth the price. Thanks, again!
Nicholas
Many thanks for the kind words. It has served me well.
The Barfly Billet Test author clearly distinguishes himself as a top-notch thinker about mentalism.-- not just another center tear author. His stuff is great...the mechanics of the tear, the decription of the author's favorite routine with it, and the psychology behind the sequencing of the tear and the sequencing of the routine. Everything fits into place for maximum effect..from equiv. to other methods...one after another. The author is an ARCHITECT who knows what he is building. He has gotten me thinking, thank God.

One matter I am NOT satisfied with is WHEN to peek. People are scrutinizing your gaze ALL THE TIME. If not, you MUST assume they are and prepare to avoid it. So what is the best deception for gaining a glimpse? My preference has always been either incredibly strong misdirection created by, say revealing something else -- which floors them -- or keeping the center and delaying the read. But I AM NOT happy with any of that, either.

The other matter I wanted to take up was broader: his mention of an Anneman work as a great source for routining. Whoah. Routining. So: not just one demonstration of ESP, but a whole slew of them. But how to avoid redundancy, boredom, how to build to a climax?

Is the structuring of methods -- from weakest to most powerful -- the solid basis of a good routine? I'm sure most of you have thought about that -- and that I've read about mentalism routining somewhere before, but I MYSELF have never sat down and created a routine. I always assumed it'd lead to overkill. But I was also lazy. I didn't know how to do it.

As the author suggests, can the answer lie -- in general, now -- in starting with the weakest yet credible techniques, moving to an intermediate stage, and finally ending with the most powerful technique as the skeleton for a broad demonstration of mentalism. In the end, a seemingly spontaneous series of examples of mentalism is actually developed from the ground up by the performer through his techniques.

For example, you start with a psychological force to test their intuition...then move onto an equiv. to test that again or something else, then a pen tip mark, then center tear, then billets, then impression -- and finally to nothing written down at all because you're finally way ahead.
["Let's try this....Have you heard of psychometry?.. it's possible to sometimes...." or..."...sometimes it's possible to just guess correctly....especially if you've known someone for a long time...." to.."...we can try to duplicate thought transmittal -- though I can't guarantee it because of all the distractions...... Perhaps with a simple drawing..."]

Is this ASCENDANCY-OF-TECHNIQUE approach a viable basis for structuring an entertaining, multi-phase routine? Does it PROVE anything to them? Can it protect you from someone's attempt to reverse engineer? At the risk of repeating what many of you may have already shared, these are my thoughts.

thanks, fib
Hello Fib, Thank you for the kind words. As to your questions, they are good quetions. In my experience, these are answers each performer must find for himself through the performance process. Bob Cassidy has said some of the best things to be said on these matters in his early work, especially the Principia Mentalia.
Can you please share YOUR real-time peek method? I know Cassidy's and others -- and have not felt comfortable. That's why I delay a glimpse. I think just saying "take a peek" leaves out a key part of the performance. Please add.
thanks, fib
As a matter of habit, I will set up the peek as detailed in the manuscript and make a gesture, bringing the billet into my line of sight. Of course, just as frequently, I just peek during the tear. The situation is quite different from that of a peek like acidus novus where youe are doing something while appearing to do nothing. Here, the peek is part of a natural series of actions which do in fact accomplish the thing it appears to, to wit, ripping up the paper, unlike a coin vanish, where you do precisely the opposite of what you appear to. Put simply, you think to much. You are really tearing up the paper, so tear up the paper. It cannot look like a studied action,(which is not to say it cannot be neat and methodical. being mildly obsessive compulsive, I always tear up paper I am throwing away and I always tear it into neat little pieces, very slowly and precisely.) and the way to get that naturallness is not to worry about it. Your tension, even internal tension, will direct the attention of your audience without fail. Simply treat the procedure as what it is, tearing up a piece of paper, a process where it's pefectly natural to glance at the paper. I will also note that there must be a motivated reason to destroy the paper. In the baRFly billet test, that piece of paper is no longer inportant because it is not the dead name the spectator is trying to locate psychically. Treat the card like trash and your audience will as well. Psychological invisibility begins in your mind.
Thank you. You have extended your comments to include something really important to me. I do NOT -- as you say -- think too much. I think about the perfect way to do something. And when I observe flaws even in the work of someone like Osterlind -- his center tear peek in one DVD performance, for instance, is painfully obvious -- I want to avoid as many mistakes as I can and learn from pros like you.
Best, fib
When I say you think too much that is precisely what I refer to. If you wait for perfection you will never actually get out into the world and perform. I am not advocating shoddiness by any means, your technique, like that of any artist, should be fully developed, but even Horowitz played wrong notes.
Basil or Vladimir.

I'm doing mentalism, thank you..walkaround, professionally -- a second career in addition to journalism, which is one reason I can appreciate the clarity of your writing. Anyway, I'm always trying to improve as a performer. That's why I bought your product. That's why I'm on this site.
fib
John and fib:

Excellent posts from both of you on this timing issue!

Suggestion: There might be a broader audience and widened discussion of this query if it was posted in the Inner Thoughts section vs. the review section, where it might be missed.

Steve H
Thanks for your comments, Mr. H. I guess it's up to the Wizards in charge of this Café Oz.
best,fib
Firstly, let me apologise if my terseness came across as antagonism, in no wise my intention. I did not intend my "think too much" statement to be a negative criticism. Second, It could be that we are dealing with a slightly different understanding of the same question. Your initial question, regarding my real time peek, could perhaps be better answered this way. I don't know. From my training as an exegete (early Christian literature), the great maxim of the interpreter comes into play. "Context is everything." I could quote the Delphian Oracle, "Know Thyself", and every (good) comedian who has ever lived "know your audience".
I also realize that those answers oare probably of very little help. Three practical suggestions: 1. Learn your own gestures and body language; use them to cover your moves. What Allen Zingg would call acting naturally. I talk with my hands, very broadly. I could put together a bomb under the cover of my body language, but if you are more sedate, let your subtlety be the means to disarm observers. 2. Remember Malini's words on misdirection: if they are weatching you, wait. how long? a week. Festina Lente. I will state again, tension creates attention. Your internal attitude has as much impact on your ability to direct your audiences attention as nearly any other factor. 3. As a rule, bring the billet to the eyes, not the eyes to the billet.

I feel like I'm repeating myself a bit, but that's ok; clarity above all else. I hope this helps. JW
[quote]
On 2007-08-05 11:01, Steve Hook wrote:
John and fib:

Excellent posts from both of you on this timing issue!

Suggestion: There might be a broader audience and widened discussion of this query if it was posted in the Inner Thoughts section vs. the review section, where it might be missed.

Steve H
[/quote]

I agree. In fact, Tom Jorgenson has started a thread in Inner Thoughts, but I do not have access to it so I have no idea what progress is there.
[quote]
On 2007-08-04 23:07, fib wrote:
Basil or Vladimir.

[/quote]

Vladimir.
Just a note for any interested parties, the next manuscript "A Guy Walks into a Bar, a complete mentalism act for less than the price of this manuscript" will be available on lulu.com Sunday. JW
Thanks for the advice John, I really like your Barfly Billet and your recent posts contain some of the best advice I'v ever read on the Café.
Wow. Thanks.
I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of this from Charles and I am mightily glad he sent it to me – he tells me that this will be priced at $12.50 and all I can say is go and get it as you will be paid back at least a hundred-fold.

It is, quite simply, one of the most intelligent pieces of writing I have seen in Mentalism. I personally feel, when you read between the lines of a lot of books in our art, that most authors either don’t perform much in the “real” world or walk through life with serious delusions about their entertainment ability. Not the case with Charles – here he outlines a complete act which is not only super-strong in terms of effect (and if you aren’t happy with the notion of the audience believing you are truly psychic then this may make you uneasy although Charles does cover this topic) but profound and entertaining from an audience perspective and it’s clear that the man knows what he is talking about through what really matters – experience.

It’s a thought provoking book and you may not agree with everything he lays on the table but it’s through such disagreements that we learn about who we are as performers and we start to find our “true” self as opposed to the bland copycats that many of us can so easily end up being.

One stand-out point for me is his discussion of what his powers are - too many performers in our field want to do "everything" and I think their credibility suffers as a result. Charles has woven his act around his own decision as to what abilities he wishes to display and it's far stronger for it.

Thought provoking, practical and inspirational. One of the best reads I have had in a long time
David, many thanks. The manuscript " A Guy Walks Into a Bar..." is now available at lulu.com. Just search John Wells.
Can someone say more about the ebook "A Guy Walks Into a Bar"?

Thanks!

Carsten
Hi Carsten. There isa thread devoted to A Guy Walks In on the ebook subforum.
I read "The Barfly Billet" today. I haven't played much with the tear, itself, yet. However, I thought the routine was fantastic and well worth the asking price, alone. It's definitely a step above the standard stuff most folks do with their tears. If the reader ends up with a great tear too (I suspect that will be the case,) then that's a pretty swell bonus. Recommended!!

Thanks,

Elliott
Mr. Bressler, my deepest thanks.
The next manuscript, "Devilishly Transcendent and other card tricks from behind the bar" appears on lulu.com tonight.
I looked on lulu and can't find it.

pecon
I apologize for the false alarm. My dsl died yesterday, and I stll haven't gotten all the bugs out. I hope to have this thing out tomorrow.
This will, I guarantee, be available tonight.
"Devilishly Transcendent and other card tricks from behind the bar (including the barfly's home companion)" is now available at lulu.com.
[quote]
On 2007-08-25 03:51, David Numen wrote:
One stand-out point for me is his discussion of what his powers are - too many performers in our field want to do "everything" and I think their credibility suffers as a result. Charles has woven his act around his own decision as to what abilities he wishes to display and it's far stronger for it.
[/quote]

Could anybody say what abilities he displays?
TJ
I have visions; brought about through touch among other things.
[quote]
On 2007-10-16 08:39, JohnWells wrote:
I have visions; brought about through touch among other things.
[/quote]

Thanks
TJ
Can someone tell me where this is sold?
Yes.

It has been off the market for awhile, and will be re-released in December, on Lulu. It has several advantages not found in other tears, such as the opening and read done with no discernible movements of the hands or fingers. For those who are having difficulty. on the how and when to open the billet, Johns tear solves the problem. You actually Origami in a working lever that pivots the billet open. You'll like it.

The price will be reasonable.

I understand John also teaches it during his lectures, along with some advanced thinking, so be sure to catch one of those if you have the opportunity.

This will be underpriced when it is released and will please many performers. Stay tuned.
I happened upon this thread and wanted to add my two thumbs up for the Barfly Billet. It's the only one I use even though there are other nice tears out there. Why? At 65, this method provides a large, easy to see viewing area and there is no fumbling as the mechanics of the handling is as close to automatic as you can get. It really does the job for me!
I agree. The CT alone is worth 10 times the price of admission. Very very good. I do this during cocktail strolling (= difficult conditions) and it never fails to work perfectly. Same during table hopping. I tried a lot of CT and believe me, this one works without arousing any suspicion during ANY close-up situation.
Speaking from the amateur duffer's point of view - I got this a couple of years ago. (I don't remember the exact circumstances, John Wells was offering something if you sent him some text, which I did. Anyway, to the best of my recollection, he said that, having read it, I basically wasn't advanced enough in mentalism for what he was offering, but gave me this instead, and I think he judged it correctly.)

The tear and peek are very simple to do, and give you a big chunk of paper to view, and work simply and well when doing the tear right in front of someone close up, which is the situation I use. I know there are many peek-type options out there, and have run through a few of them, but this is the only one I have used for real. It's easy to remember if you're not doing this kind of thing too regularly, and looks very credible to the onlooker. It's very good.
Will be on the lookout when this is available again!

~ Nique
I hope this comes around again. I looked it up on lulu and it isn't availiable.
Chris
This popped up recently...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=492563&forum=218

So hopefully we won't have to long to wait!

Tony
I've gtotten a couple of pm's from people telling me how much they like the compendium Tom has put together, so it's getting close to ready,I assume. I have no involvement in the matter whatsoever, but I'm excited to see the material being made available again, so contact Tom Jorgenson for info.
I should have clicked the link. Well, good.
I just received this and its terrific.

I love the tear... the new thinking by Tom Jorgenson, the actual routine... the essays... the show outline... the inspiration!
If you're familiar with Ford Kross's work there's a similar narrative style and I mean that as a compliment-- and a warning--

Just great.

Thanks, John (and Tom for making it available again!)

d
... although its as a booklet, not an eBook.
Where can I get this?

Ted
Tom mentioned that an ebook would be available on lulu; am waiting eagerly for that.
I followed the above link and bought the booklet version from Tom.

$13 very well spent. Nicely done.
I repeat: absolutly THE BEST CT in the entire world. I do it regularly in close-up strolling conditions, and NEVER had any problem. Much much better than the Richardson's method (i say that because both techniques are related). At this price, it is a gift.
Howdy folks-

I am assuming a deadline (finally!) of the end of January for this to be up on Lulu and available. I apologize for the delay, seems I am continually distracted...the Western Fairs Assoc. convention in Reno is this week, and it has taken up my time and attention. This is where and when I book my year's work, so it assumes an immediate priority, no matter what my brain says.

I want to re-lay out the pages and reset the type, making it a very easy book to read and practice from. I'll let you know the minute it is up and running on Lulu. You will love this tear, and will love the Barfly's Billet routine itself. The other routines, essays and acts included will give you excellent material for a long time.

The printed versions have been taken. Thanks go to those who got one.

As I've probably mentioned, the price will be way below its value. Stay tuned. Thanks.
Thank you Tom!
Please keep us up to date!
Waiting for this to get re released.. please keep us updated!
Any updates on this? I don't see it on Lulu.
UPdate:

I've gotten Word and am redoing the Mss into word, re-laying it out. THis is supposed to make it totally compatible with Lulu's requirements. Stumbling thru learning enough of Word to do it all. Still progressing, and still working on it,

I needed to take a break from the project to do a scheduled project for the Gibbon Conservation Center in LA, but that part is finished so I can get back to the Compendium now. Plodding on.
I'm happy to finally announce John's work; "The Barfly's Billet Test", is now up on Lulu and ready for download. It consists of many separate manuscripts, came in at 120 pages, 40,000 plus words, and is an amazing read. I've kept the price low enough so as not to do much damage to your wallet. Thank you for your patience...and Enjoy.
Thanks Tom,

I've been looking forward to this and it's downloading at the moment!
Great stuff!

Thanks Tom. Can't wait to start reading through this stuff. Been waiting a while!
Tom has given me permission to teach you the streamlined handling of the billet test that I currently use. Later this week, I'll post details as to how you may secure a copy. Tom has done a fantastic job getting all the material together, and is offering, in my biased opinion, a very good product.
Every now and then I get questions about certain notions in the manuscript, and they are often the same or similar. Never hesitate to send me a pm with your thoughts or questions.
And in case you are interested, here is a partial Table of Contents:

PART ONE
The Barfly’s Billet Test – 4
The Index Card Tear – 6
The Three Hour Memorized Deck – 31
The 3 Card Test – 49
The Princess Card Trick – 50
The Magazine Memory Demonstration – 54
Casanova’s Oracle – 57

PART TWO
Devilishly Transcendent – 60
Vanishes for the Collin’s Aces – 61
Devilishly Transcendent – 63
A Princess In Your Pocket – 65
Lying Casanova – 66
A Trio of Sandwiches – 67
The Helicopter Card – 69
My Favorite Trick - 70
2 Fingers on 2 Cards - 72
2 Ace Assemblies - 73
He’s a Real Gone Guy – 73
Roccoco Assembly – 75
An Ace Finding Effect – 78
An Insertion Steal – 79
Cute Quickie – 80
Thought on the Coin Breather – 81
The Barfly’s Card Act-84

PART THREE
Currying Favor - 85
The Unopened Prediction - 87
I’m Not Going To Show You – 88
Narrowing The Wide Open Prediction – 89
A Curious Feat of Mind Reading – 92
The Book Test – 94

PART FOUR
Pasteboard Prognostication – 98

PART FIVE
The Barfly’s Home Companion -116
(A Gourmand’s Bonus of Tasty Treats)
Smothered Cube Steak, Beans, Greens,
Macaroni and Cheese, Biscuits,
Sweet Poundcake And a Bourbon Tontine

Thanks.
There is a thread in the sub forum dedicated to mentalism products (not Penny) that details how to obtain a copy of my streamlined handling of the billet test.