(Close Window)
Topic: Paul Harris' Cardian Angel & Screwed Deck
I have been viewing Card-Toon for some time now, but REALLY hate the Hoyle backs. The Character is a little childish and not my style(no offense to you that perform it, It's just not my style).

So I have been looking into Paul Harris' Cardian Angel. I love most Paul Harris material, but I have heard his marketed stuff is not that good.

Also, I know his "Improvised Screwed Deck" from the Art of Astonsihment books, but how is the marketed version? WIs it worth it to use as an opener?

Jakks
I have the marketed version and under the right circumstances it plays very well. I admit that when I first got it I didn't think it would work well for me in real life situations (especially the twist) and sort of shelved it for a while.

But I took it out and decided to incorporate it into a show and I think I got more applause at the end of that little number than anything else I did. Needless to say , I like it a lot more now and it definitely has a place in what I do.

However it does seem harder to find. I was looking for it for a friend of mine and some places do not carry it anymore.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

GlenD
Screwed Deck is a very funny, visual and magical opener, but only for a formal close-up show, keep that in mind.
It is best done, while not giving too much attention to the handling, as if it were the normalest thing to screw your deck together.

I heard that one of the problems of the cartoon deck from Harris was that it were only male names that were being used.