(Close Window)
Topic: JESMagic Squatty Cups from RnT2
I received these in the post today and I thought that I would try my hand at a review so here goes...

I would like to do the review by describing my thoughts as I opened the package.

The Drawstring Bag.
This says quality in an understated way, the black of the material really sets off the beautiful gold embroidery which states,
JESMAGIC
Squatty Cups
by RNTII
The drawstring is also gold with a metallic look.
This ties everything together nicely.

The Balls.
These came in a little plastic bag and on handling them I can state that in my opinion these are the nicest crochetted balls I have seen. The crotchetting is nice and tight and at 7/8" are just the right size for me as I have small hands. They are very solid to the touch with none of the give I have experienced with other balls. On the down side, two were a slightly different shade of red to the others but when I mentioned this to Jake he knew what had happened and he has told me that he will ship me another set.

The Cups.
These are great, very well made with closed beads and a lovely satin finish which I really like and not a blemish. Each cup weighs in at 3 and 3/8 ounces which, for me, feels just right. All three cups look identical, height, diameter, everything. The cups nest really well with no wobble mouth up and a very slight wobble when mouth down. Three balls sit nicely on the saddle for those who do this.

To sum up, if these are a set of the so-called "Entry level" cups from RNTII, I would love to own some of their other products!

The service I received from Jake was exceptional, he gave me advice, help and guidance, some of this on a Sunday too. He enquired if I had received the cups after a couple of weeks, none of the dealers I have dealt with in the UK do this. Not only all this but these were the last stock of this product and he let me have them.

I would heartily recommend these to anyone as I would RNTII to anyone who is unsure of where to buy quality products.

My thanks to all at RNTII.
Tom Fenton
Yeah, RNT2 Cups is just absolutly PERFECT :P Bought Jim Sisti Copper some month ago, they are extremely nice :)
I bought a used set of cups from Jake... when I got them, there was a dent in one of them (they were a demo set, but other than that they were perfect). Jake had me send them back, and fixed them right away.

Talk about service!

RevJohn
These are, indeed, excellent cups. And you are right about Jake's service. He stays right on top of things. He treats everything that comes from his shop as if his very reputation depends on it.
An update about the balls.

Jake got back to me after I asked him where to send the balls back to, he doesn't want them back! Something I've never had happen before with anything I've had to return.

Another satisfied customer for RNTII.

Tom
Jake is just great like that.

SeanD13
I have been very happy with the service of Jake and RNT2.
Every purchase I have made from him, has went of great.

By the way is the Main Stream Magic line gone from the site, or am
I just missing it??

I had kept my eyes peeled for the Jes Squatty 2's in satin finish to be
release and never saw them..

Shawn.
Shawn,
you can find the cups at http://www.rnt2.com/product.aspx?productno=302
I don't think that you can still get them, Jake told me that the ones I received were the last set.

Sorry about that
Tom
Shawn PM me about a set of satin 2's.

The mainstream line will flucuate, when we introduced it, everything went quickly. But as I stated in the initial announcement I can only produce the line
when I have the materials at a reasonable price. Meaning I buy the unused material from other metal shops, the problem now is the scrappers that were buying doubled over my price I was paying and also told the shops that if they continued to sell to me, they could very well be stuck with a lot of other scrap. Crappy tactics, but a business tactic none the less.
Another update:

I had these cups for just over a week when I dropped one which resulted in a small dent. In a PM to Jake about something else I happened to mention this. Right away Jake PM'd be back and told me to return the cup to him and he would replace it.

I told my workmates about this today and every one of them (and I told a few) said they'd never heard of service like this before.
Neither have I.

RNTII - What a company!

Jake - What a man!

Just had to tell you about this,
Tom
He is great. I bought some of his cups from someone else, and he send me balls and routines for free, I mean wow, he had nothing to gain from that. iv decided ill be doing lots more buisness with him and iv bought a few items sense then. id suggest anyone who is into cups, vases or the many other things rnt2 produces to do the same