(Close Window)
Topic: Most Embarussing Momments
Well what are your most embarrassing moments performing. Either if its a prop or costume malfunction,accidental flashes..

I will share the most embarrassing moment for me. I was performing on stage at a local festival, I was booked to perform for an hour. After the show was done, a good friend came up to me and told me my zipper had been down the entire show. I'm surprised no one shouted it out, to this day I still wonder if anyone noticed.

cheers
Francis McAllister
I did the same thing, but mine was as a teacher standing on a desk to lecture to a large room. I can't believe no one told me.
Ouch, I feel your pain!

Cheers
Francis
Nothing a little duct tape can't fix! :lol:
Now this didn't quite happen to me but...

I was working on the World of Magic Grand Illusion Show at Six Flags Great Adventure with Brad Ross 2 years ago (I was the lighting tech). The last Illusion in the show is a sword box on a base with d*******e s***s. While Brad was halfway into the t*** d**r the box decides it wants to fall apart leaving him in the middle of the stage half sticking out of a b***.

Needless to say we never let him forget about it. I have a few more good screw ups and malfunctions from that show I'll probably post here later.

--Dave
Heh-heh. I was m*****g a****d with P****a A******n on a b**t - come to find out some f*******r was f*****g the whole e*****e, and it ended up p*******d all over the i******t. If I've learned anything from this, it's to NEVER p*******e a b****e with my h****g until I've made SURE there's no sober w*******s.
-T***y
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Jul 12, 2007 11:44PM)
[quote]
On 2007-06-25 01:57, McAllisterMagic wrote:
Well what are your most embarrassing moments performing. Either if its a prop or costume malfunction,accidental flashes..

I will share the most embarrassing moment for me. I was performing on stage at a local festival, I was booked to perform for an hour. After the show was done, a good friend came up to me and told me my zipper had been down the entire show. I'm surprised no one shouted it out, to this day I still wonder if anyone noticed.

cheers
Francis McAllister
[/quote]

One word - Flydini
Well, The one I am going to tell you, is something I would have
never thought could happen, in my wildest dreams, and I
thought I was good at seeing in advance what could go wrong
in a Illusion. Yet leave it up to a new assistant to discover it
for me.

Anyways lets make this short, I was doing the Asrah followed
by the crystal casket. We all know the drill, and what the
assistant has to do fast. well as I put the cloth on the casket
they turned it around for the last time I then reached over and
pulled it off, and what I seen made me drop to my knees and
drop the cloth and I started to Laugh, while the audience
stood up and applauded and was also laughing. what we
seen was the assistant facing the back of the stage in the
casket. just the back of her head. she was facing the wrong
way.

Needless to say I took spray paint and put a X inside the base
and told all my assistants, that X is the front of the dam prop.

Has anyone ever had this happen?
I was performing on a televised event once, and - when I went to do the invisible deck, I had put the cards in up-side down! To make it worse, the guy actually named the card card that appeared on the face of the deck when I removed it from the card case!!

Talk about 'whatever can go wrong will!'

All I could do was lamely ask him to name another card, and proceed from there...
Thank you, Murphy's Law for keeping us on our toes.
Bill
:kermit:
Ok here goes I was doing the chop cup walk around and I also was doing a routine using my pk ring. Now I have some trouble woth the feeling in my hands so ok fillin the blanks it was pretty amusing.
I was performing table magic at a magic dinner theater in the mid 80's. I knocked over a large glass of water into a young lady's lap. Well, it had to happen sometime.
There have been so many, wish I had a dime for every one of them, I've already told some of them on the forums, but one comes to mind, I got my schedule dates messed up one night, due to too many things going on, I lost track of the days of the week and was thinking it was a day later than it was. I was sitting down to relax a bit after dinner, when I looked in my date book and saw that I was supposed to be performing a show in just 15 min for a group, at a community center on the other side of town. In a panic, I threw my stuff in the car, phoned for my assistant to meet me there, and drove like a maniac to the community center, I grabbed the equipment for my opener, while my assistant started unloading and setting up the rest. I ran in, jumped in front of a woman standing in front of the group, announced my appologies for being late and began my act, the audience seemed to enjoy the show, I took my bows and we left almost as hastily as we got there. It wasn't until later back at home that I realized that the show I was supposed to do was actually tomorrow night. To this day I have no clue of what meeting in interrupted or what group I performed for that night.
I could just hear all those people at work the next day "..yeah the meeting was going fine until some nut case barged in and started doing a magic show and wouldn't shut up until he was finished."
Classic!

Day 5
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Mar 10, 2008 07:04PM)
Loved that!

Day 10
I had a real doozy this weekend. I was performing my regular restaurant gig. It's a classy steakhouse right downtown, 1 block from the state capitol. We get a good mixed crowd, and I've been performing there for about 7 years. In one routine, I have a line that is definitely a bit adultish. It's a double entendre that is self-depricating and it is in NO WAY vulgar, does not have any of the big 7 dirty words etc. I use this all the time. After doing one or two other things for people, and judging them, I make the call. I have used this line for 80 year old ladies and priests. EVERYONE has laughed at this line, everyone. Well, this weekend, there was a 4 top, all adults, late 40's. I dropped the line and DEAD SILENCE. They were shocked and horrified. One lady just looked at me and said, "Your magic is very good, but I don't care for your sense of humor." I just apologized profusely and bid them goodbye. I felt awful. In fact, I may PM it to Photius and I bet he'll laugh like crazy.
What are the big 7 dirty words
[quote]
On 2008-03-12 14:36, trickytrav wrote:
What are the big 7 dirty words
[/quote]
You will have to address that question to George Carlin, who is not a member of the board.
Somewhat like Photeus but...
Got there in a hurry that evening night show,outside stage. remembered I had told the stage crew to make sure it was all on the level (ye sure no problem) right. anyway guys my wife fell from our folating lady illusion. Because of it she was out with pain for a good week. Fortunately no serious damage, she still keeps going higher. furthermore I don't know how or any explanations but no gimmik flash to the audience.
Another time as a solo,silk to egg?? the real one broke in my right pant pocket I was wearing beige color. It was plain my fault as I turned sideways and hit my table,Picked up a handfull of silks there upon and stuffed my pocket,man waht a rush.
Outside show my wife was attacked by a pooch and torn up her costume (pant legs)Ect.
People and the Dogana(customs) stopping you at the airport wanted to open certain equipmnet were I had set up traps can't tell you what happened.
Sorry (Photius) forgive me.
[quote]

cheers
Francis McAllister
[/quote]

Fly unzipped? How did you go over? Maybe you should leave it out..I mean leave it in!
The most embarsing moment was when I was performing at a school talent show and I was doing a card in orange and I set it up 4 days before the show and when I cut it to reaveal the card the orange was all mold
Chalk that one up to experience!
Once during an effect I threw falsh paper at a deck of cards that a spectater was holding (the paper was rolled into a ball) only the paper flew past his overly hairy arm and singed off a big patch of hair.... And I moved swiftly on.

Yes yes, fire ethics etc, I'll get my saftey manual.
[quote]Yes yes, fire ethics etc, I'll get my saftey manual.[/quote]

and make sure my insurance policy is paid and up-to-date!
I'm not trying to outdo anyone, but...

I was once doing a show at a daycare, and about 12 left minutes left of the show, I discovered, the hard way, I had diarhea... I squatted down to show a young one (5-6ish) spongeballs, and it happened... I couldn't think... My clarity was enough to finish the routine, and carefully make my way back to my table, and didn't do any more audience participation with the rest.

I assume they were somewhat used to that smell on occasion, and blamed it on a peer... I hope...
[quote] I was once doing a show at a daycare, and about 12 left minutes left of the show, I discovered, the hard way, I had diarhea... [/quote]

Be afraid of getting to the age in life when you're never sure which of the three states of matter are going to come out: solid, liquid or gas!
[quote]
On 2007-07-04 13:16, Muckey Spleen wrote:
Heh-heh. I was m*****g a****d with P****a A******n on a b**t - come to find out some f*******r was f*****g the whole e*****e, and it ended up p*******d all over the i******t. If I've learned anything from this, it's to NEVER p*******e a b****e with my h****g until I've made SURE there's no sober w*******s.
-T***y
[/quote]

Ok, I just died laughing.
[quote]

cheers
Francis McAllister
[/quote]

Not sure what is more embarrassing, the fact that you preformed with you zipper undone or the fact that no one noticed!