(Close Window)
Topic: Spongeball Storage
Just posted this video. I found these containers at Menards home improvement store. But they are available online too. They are great for sponges but ropes fit nicely in them too. I am sure these will be good for many things.

Quicktime version
http://web.mac.com/jonathankamm/iWeb/MagicTip/Movie.html

Youtube version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoAIdoRDEME

, Jonathan
Thanks Jonathan. Nice idea.

Mark.
Thank you for the information. I am still looking for view tainers.
Jack Langdell
Thanks, Jonathan, those are very nice containers and they look durable too. I will try them out.
I liked them so much I bought a couple more. I am including a pic of some magic items that fit well in these.
A deck of cards fits nicely in the tube and may work for an effect.

http://homepage.mac.com/jonathankamm/Viewtainers.jpg
I agree with you, kammagic, they are certainly helpful and protective over our items. I will be getting quite a few. Certainly helps to organize small items and accessories.
Thanks for the tip Kammagic....ill be picking some of these up myself.

Dorian
Wow, really nice, I usually keep my sponge balls in the case they come in, but they get pretty beat up pretty fast. I really like those containers. Good find!

Stevie D
Ohhhhhhhh these are nice! Thank you for letting us know about these!
Message: Posted by: Justin Impossible (Jul 18, 2007 06:13PM)
Cool! I will pick some of these up as I used to separate them with bags and I always look at them with that look of disgust! Very happy!
Peace
J
Found these at Home Depot for a few bucks! Great find. Thanks.
Thanks, It look really good!
Do you have a problem with the colors fading onto each other when the balls are in contact?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
You should keep colors separate from one another, the dyes will bleed. My yellow sponges have red on them from being stored in a bag of mostly red sponges.
Thanks for the idea. I will be buying a few of these later.
Same here, I am going to use them for my billiard balls, thumb tips, tools, and bottles of manipulation lotion.
I found these locally at The Home Depot. Thanks for the tip.
Thanks! Finally got a place to put my mult. balls and sponges.

Eddie
These are very nice!!! Does any know where I can find them in Europe? (or an online store with international shipping)? I have found a company that produces them (www.visipack.com) that also as headquarters in Europe (www.visipak.co.uk) nut still haven't found any online stores to order them in Europe. Any help will be much appreciated!
Thank you
I am pretty sure home depot carry this item you can check their web site.
They do, however they don't ship in Europe and I need a store I can find in Europe
Just google [i]plastic food storage[/i] and you'll have billions and billions of options.

think outside the container.
Oo nice and simple. thanx a lot Frank :D
Or you can seem my newer thread on the subject

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=275456&forum=34&0

...for free options that will work just as well and probably something you already own.
Thanks for pointing this out.
Thank you for the tip...great idea for storage.

I'll take a look to see if we can find some in France ;)
Do you know if we have some in Canada??

Thanks
Most of you probably already know this...but I had to learn by experience...storing red sponge balls with yellow sponge balls is not a good idea......well especially after you wet them....colors ran together on me.

Mike
[quote]
On 2007-07-08 22:25, kammagic wrote:
I liked them so much I bought a couple more. I am including a pic of some magic items that fit well in these.
A deck of cards fits nicely in the tube and may work for an effect.

http://homepage.mac.com/jonathankamm/Viewtainers.jpg
[/quote]

A bunch of you guys have indicated that these are available from Home Depot. So you know what these are called and/or in what department they might be found?

Thanks for any info.

Mike
Mike,

Not sure they are still carried at The Home Depot. Recommend that you go directly to the source:

http://www.viewtainer.com/index.html

You can order directly on line, or you could call them (888.865.9935) and ask what local stores carry their products.

Hudson
Mike,
I was at The Home Depot today and checked on the Viewtainers. They do not carry them, but have a similar product, ClearCan. It comes in the same size (6"x2") and can be found in the Hardware section of the store.

Good luck!

Hudson
Hudson,

Thanks for both of your posts. They are very much appreciated.

Mike
Good idea for storage. These are handy organizing containers. They can be found at Home Depot. Usually sold in display case on the hardware aisle.
I use mine for my beads....Christmas tree garland beads that I twist into animal shaped giveaways. Enjoy sharing your magic. cheaha bill
This topic is 6 years old but rather than starting a new thread, I continued here so the information is all in one spot.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with storing sponge balls in toilet paper cardboard rolls?
I'm curious if acid plays a roll in storage. I don't know if the rolls are acid free.
Also, will the colors be absorbed by the cardboard..
After I use the sponge balls, I put them away moist.
Thanks,
Another option is to go to Walmart or a sporting goods store and buy a container of racketballs. They come in a nice heavy plastic container with a screw on lid. For about $2.75 you get a container that is almost perfect for three 2 inch sponge balls. I can also fit four 1.5 inch balls, though the circumference of the container is a little over 2 inches.

Here is a link to what I bought at Walmart for $2.75: http://playground.epicsports.com/prod/73725/penn-ultra-blue-racquetballs-3-balls-per-can.html

Racquet balls are only slightly larger than a two inch sponge ball. The containers are heavy plastic, not as thin as a tennis ball container. And the lid screws on nicely.

Plus you get three free balls. You can use these to juggle or to throw at people.
Separate baggies with zippers. It keeps them from bleeding because I usually wet them before a performance to fluff them up.