(Close Window)
Topic: "Impossible", ala Larry Jennings!
Hey, this is a great routine!

Do any of you currently do this in your act?

Let me know what you think of it!

I ran across this yesterday and have been having a blast with it!

Steve
I don't have an official act, but I do perform for friends etc. at social functions. I have done, impossible, several times and it gets a great reaction.
Is there any website that you know of where I could see 'Impossible' done on video like realplayer or Quicktime or one of those types of videos? I would really like to see the trick. Not the secret, just the effect. Thanks
I don't think this effect is a marketed item, at least I haven't seen it as a single item. I learned it from the Ammar Easy To Master Series. Those videos are great!
It's also in the Classic Magic of Larry Jennings.

Gianni
Classic Magic of Larry Jennings is a great book.
I think I have heard of this effect, but have forgoten it. Could you give the effect please...

Thanks,

Corey
[quote]
On 2002-02-09 15:40, magicboy111 wrote:
I think I have heard of this effect, but have forgotten it. Could you give the effect please...
[/quote]

Corey,

Effect: Spectator selects a card and puts it back into the deck (using a series of shuffling and cuts). Performer cuts the cards (recapping what has transpired). Spectator spells IMPOSSIBLE from the top of the deck and ends right on their card.

Very nice impromptu effect (Note: the deck must be a complete 52-card deck in reasonable condition to utilize a crimp).
Comment on note in previous response. I didn't see why a full deck was absolutely required. So I tried it with a 50 card deck and it worked just fine. This is just a detail and not that important. However it is a great trick to do with a borrowed deck.
I use this a lot.
However, I changed things around so I use my name 'CharlieMagic' instead of 'Impossible'.
I use this all the time and would recommend it highly. The Ammar tapes are probably the best source as the other routines are killer.