(Close Window)
Topic: Sneak Preview Demo - Broom Thru Body by Peter Loughran
Sneak Preview from http://www.masterofIllusions.ca

Check out the demo for what's up and coming.
[b]Broom Thru Body[/b]

[url=http://www.masterofillusions.ca/master_of_illusions_coming_soon1.htm]masterofillusions.ca[/url]

It's Different!
It's Fun!!
It's Peter Loughran!!!

[i]Thanks Peter, for another exciting piece of magic.
The world needs more people like you.[/i] ;)

Enjoy everyone.
Great!!!
Only two questions:
1. What's the price?
3. When will start the sell?
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Jul 10, 2007 12:47PM)
That actually looks really good! The 2nd version looks painful.
Now that looks wicked. You can keep the 2nd performance of that though.....there are certain areas that are just off limits!

--Jim
[quote]
On 2007-07-10 13:41, gitty wrote:
When will start the sell?
[/quote]

Peter is working hard as always for his customers and finishing the final production.
BTB realistically probably won't hit shelves for about 2 more months.

[quote]
On 2007-07-10 13:47, THEGUY26 wrote:
That actually looks really good!
[/quote]
Definitely!

[quote]
On 2007-07-10 15:47, jimbowmanjr wrote:
Now that looks wicked. You can keep the 2nd performance of that though.....there are certain areas that are just off limits!

--Jim
[/quote]

HaHa, Yeah Jim, Funny huh? It's something you can perform in various ways.
I'm glad though you all got to see the funny side of Peter. He's great!

BTB is light as a feather. It's also quite versitile, you can perform just one of the routines, or all of them right after another like in the demo. Check out the broom position(s). Many ideas.

Way to go Peter. Long Live MasterofIllusions. Long Live Magic!
Thanks Nick!
Im hoping to have this out and on shelves in about 4-8 weeks. Its been well over a year in the making and was an idea I concieved several years ago, but well worth the wait from a production value side. I wanted to make sure these were going to be perfect.

I decided to do nothing really fancy, or artistic with this demo, but just to do the illusion, heck I didn't even dress up, just decided to have some fun! I must admit by the reactions of the very few who were helping me film the demo during the 2nd routine, I wasn't sure how this would go. They thought I had some serious balls(no pun intended) to show that effect, but I must admit, it is my favourite of the routines, its just fun to do!

These will be priced very reasonably espicially for the clever kick ass broom you get, and unfortunately I can't give an exact quote as we won't have a final price until we work out final quantity production numbers, but it will be around the $150-$175 ball park. I should have a final price and a more accurate release date over the next week or so.

P.
Thanks Peter!

Your stuff amazes the snot out of me. That one just looks hilarious to perform, although the second version made me cringe a little. There are so many puns that I could include, but my post would probably get deleted by the Café staff, so I'll behave myself. It does seem totally nuts to perform the second version of the illusion, and some guys may get testy if you show them this, but all in all, great effect. OK....I'll stop now. :goof:

Phil
Very nice work Peter!

Love everything about this. The illusion is perfect, and that second routine is priceless! So many possibilities...

Thanks Peter for releasing this to the magic community.

Brian Rodgers
That's hilarious, absolute jokes.
Peter is one of the hardest working guys in the business and it shows with this latest gem of his. I like it.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Jul 11, 2007 05:29PM)
Could you make the broom go through someone else?
Absolutely! You can have the broom go through almost anything that is not as wide as the broom handle itself.
I just watched this an I am deeply amazed. I can't wait till this is done, it's going to be a VERY big hit. Just imagine using this for a street walk routine walkintg down the street and stopping at a resturant or something and just doing this for people. This is going to be a good rep maker.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Jul 11, 2007 09:52PM)
Ha, well, people might wonder why you carry a broom around. But that will be the last thing on their minds after they see this trick!
I remember the rope thru body version which gives the same illusion as this broom one.

It is hard to co-ordinate and make look smooth, I think the rope version had more leeway in the up and down motions and such as there was a piece of something that had some give....if some of you know what I mean.

;)

This does look "Cool".
Hi Johnny, Yes I remember the similar rope effect. However there is more to the btb than that version, that allows for easy co-ordination with the effect.

The other thing as far as the effect goes that really makes this stand out over the similar rope illusion, is that the broom is solid as opposed to a flexible material(like rope), this changes the illusion completely in both function and audience perception.

You will be happily suprised at how easy this illusion is to perform and to learn.

There are also other effects possible with the btb that are not possible with the similar rope illusion.

This is sort of like having a versatile impaled illusion that is inexpensive and that you can carry around with you, without having to wear any harnesses or have any assistants!

P.
I really like the broom thru the crotch move!

My wife has tried it on me a few times...

;)
[quote]
On 2007-07-12 11:01, johnnymystic wrote:
I really like the broom thru the crotch move!

My wife has tried it on me a few times...

;)
[/quote]

HaHaHaHaHa!
LOL! Thanks for that Johnny!
Peter, this would be great in conjunction with the Harry Potter levitation (see Andrew Mayne's Wizard School DVD) and tell the story of how Harry jumped off his castle onto his broom like a cowboy to a horse but then it cut through his groin up to his stomach (like in your other penetration demo of it)!
What are the angles like for this effect to work, Peter?
The angles on this illusion are fantastic, and you are able to show your body 360 degrees at different times of each routine and in the case of the final routine in the demo you can actually perform that one from start to finish completely surrounded!

MagicBrent-Yes I am familar with Andrew Mayne's Wizard School DVD! Andrew is one of the most creative guys in the biz and this would work perfect with his effect! The broom can also function like a regular broom, meaning you can sweep with it etc.

P.
The illusion is coming in September and pre-order (with free shippping!) started today. The price is $169.99.
We mentioned September to be safe, in case there is delay with them passing through customs, but I am hopeful they will actually be finished and ready to ship sometime in August.

But we are only having a limited amount of these made due to the high manufacturing cost even in mid quantity, and our distributor will only be recieving a small amount of these, so if any one is interesed in reserving their btb you can pre-order now and I am offering free shipping on pre-orders to all regions of the world.

The broom is really sweet, and comes nicely packaged in its very own custom box with a nice set of instructions in a fully color gloss cell sheeted format. Its also performance ready right out of the box, great for stage, close up, birthday parties, street performers, etc.

P.
So with tax were looking at $200 for a glorified pen through whatever effect in the form of a.....broom? I just don't get the appeal. PLEASE tell me the broom is inspectable before and after!
Hi Baggins, BTB is obviously quite different from a pen thru anything effect considering that a person isn't as thin as a paper bill! Much different, and works much differently then those pens. But yeah you are correct it is a penatration effect, one of the classics of magic! Also this can be done upclose but is also a visually larger illusion that can be done on stage too where a pen would be hard to see, plus it goes THRU PEOPLE!

P.
[quote]
On 2007-07-16 21:08, Peter Loughran wrote:
We mentioned September to be safe, in case there is delay with them passing through customs, [/quote]

Wow, it can also pass through Customs?... :) ...
LOL, that is funny! I walked into that one!

Btw after reading baggins post, I got the feeling he might not have understood why I decided to do this effect with a broom, so I would like to explain that.

I essentially could have made this out of anything. I could have a lamp thru body, hockey stick thru body, etc. The reason why I chose the broom is for several factors including its commonness and recogonizability, and its appearance of being visually large yet light weight(large brissle head). But the main reason was its compatibilty with so many venues and performing situations.

You can tie this in with halloween shows as is or use it with a story of a witch etc., or with the popularity of Harry Potter the broom will tie into many performer's routines here either at a birthday party or a wizzard style stage show.

This type of broom(lobby broom) is also widely found in many other places such as restaurants, or hotels, again great for restaurant workers to be able to pick up an inoccent looking object and do something amazing with it.

It is also widely seen on street sides next to the steps of your favourite store, allowing street performers to take advantage. A street performer could also 'borrow' the broom off of a street sweeper etc. These are also found to be used at almost every amusment park by their clean up crew, making it ideal for walk around performers at a theme park.

Can be used on stage as is or even as inoccently as whats mentioned above, for example the performer leaves a mess of confetti on the floor and a stage hand comes out to give it a quick sweep, and now the broom is in play. Often you will see a broom in a lot of different places, so I wanted the performer to have the ability to adapt this in many diffferent areas or to fit many different styles of performers. So why you may wonder "why a broom?", I actually had put a lot of thought into my object of choice from a "try and please as many as I can" Stand point making it as versatile as possible both in effect and performer compatibility.

Peter.
Your broom theme is perfect....
I agree, the broom is an object charged with magical meanings: witches, Harry Potter, Mickey Mouse in Fantasia... a broom everywhere :)
I think that a nice act could be an hunted broom with che music of Fantasia in the background, with the broom living on his own and stabbing the poor performer... :D

Dave
I never thought of Fantasia!

I would also like to mention since I have had a couple of people ask me in pms, is that there is absolutely nothing done to your clothes or alterations of any kind. Wear whatever you wish and without any preperation or alteration to your clothes.

P.
Could you wear no clothes???
LOL
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Jul 18, 2007 07:28PM)
If your doing the 2nd version, it might burn a little.
Hmmmmm
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Jul 19, 2007 10:20AM)
And then the Magicdoctor may have to fix that.
I've done the Harry Potter themed levitation during my shows where I float on a broom. This is just perfect for a follow-up to that. Instead of floating on the broom, the second time it dematerializes through you. "Lord Voldimort's been messing with my broom again! Ouch, it's not only my scar that's hurting!"

Awesome stuff, Peter. The video shows a lot of what you can do with this.

You have my pre-order. I can't wait.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Jul 20, 2007 09:06PM)
Ha! That would be great if you can get a video of you doing that in your show!
I'd like to, but looks like I'll have to wait until August/September to get my hands on the broom.

I've got odds on where Peter is going to be tonight at 12:01am. He's going to be in a black robe, with thick round glasses with a broom in his hand outside some bookstore in Canada making kids standing in line scream.

"Mom, some whacko dressed like Harry Potter just pulled a broom clear through his body, and then took off down the street!!"

Peter, you have a lot of bookstores to hit.

(note for those not paying attention: tonight is the book release of the latest Harry Potter)
LOL Scott! No I am not at any bookstores, although I guess I should be, sounds like I could be having a blast! Love your ideas on the broom!

Btw that's a very nice looking illusion you are showcasing in your avatar! Where can I get one of those? :) Very cool!

P.
Funny you should ask. It's called Headrush and it's from some guy who invents these crazy stuff that no one in their right mind would ever think of creating (good thing you're not in your right mind).

OK, I had the avatar photoshopped a bit since you really don't show 2 heads during the actual effect. I had the picture taken as a publicity shot for a fundraiser that I did. I didn't want to give away the shocking head-removing effect before hand, so I had this picture created.
I just checked out the video. I noticed at some points in the routine, you can remove only one hand from the broom. Is it possible to remove [b]both hands[/b] at some point? [i]IMO, that would make for a much stronger display.[/i]

Rick
Hi Rick, while I have tested this illusion and showed to many laymen over the past year during the development of the illusion, I didn't find it neccessary to have that in the effect. Although with some simple modifications and used at the right moments in a routine I could see it easly rigged to function like that with some basic added hardware.

P.
[quote]
On 2007-07-17 09:26, Peter Loughran wrote:
I essentially could have made this out of anything. I could have a lamp thru body, hockey stick thru body, etc.

Peter.
[/quote]

A hockey stick would have been perfect for Canada, lol!
You can also check the following locked thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=218546&forum=109&15
Yes please do! Thanks for posting that 1908!
You are welcome Peter!I am just trying to help!I never understood why you never accept the negative thoughts of few magicians and you just want to hear the positive opinions.It is magicians helping magicians and not magicicans helping dealers so I am free to have my opinion about a trick,illusion or whatever else you want to call your "inventions".I just wrote my thoughts when I watched the specific video clip and said that is better for specific kind of magic,that is not so bad.Anyway,good luck and keep "inventing"!
1908, please see the below link, so you can understand my side of the things as a creator. I love constructive critisim, as I beleive it can help a creator in vast ways. But there are two types of negative posts. Please visit here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=218930&forum=172&0

As far as your comments directly, you know as well as I that you used to enter the majority of my posts in the past with lots of negativity. Then I thought we got over that, and then when I never sent you a free pair of mindShades you asked for because we were low on stock, I then thought the worse when you then went in and attacked my broom thru body thread, with negative comments but with no constructive critisim.

Thanks for the good wishes, and hopefully I mis-understood.

Best,

P.
Hey Peter,

Do you have an update of when these will be shipped out? I'm having a hard time waiting. I gotta make sure I catch this Harry Potter hype going on.

Scott
Hey Scott, they are finishing production over the next couple of weeks overseas, and then they will be shipping to our shop soon after. Not long now. But we only have a limited number of these being manufactured, and we are selling out of our stock fast.

Also a percentage of these are promissed to our distributor for the shops and there are some of these shops already taking pre-orders right now too such as hocus-pocus, so Im not sure how many have been sold out of the remaining ones left promissed to our distributor for the shops. So for those waiting, don't wait long if you want to make sure you have one of these for the Harry Potter hype, up comming halloween shows etc. You won't be disappointed, this is a really fun peice.

P.
I had an idea about the Broom part of the Broom Thru Body that I thought I would share. I'm not sure if this would work, but I figure I'd throw it out there as a suggestion.

If you colored one side of the broom bristles dark, and kept the other side normal color, you could fool around a bit with a paddle move and have a color changing broom effect. Some how you would have to work into your patter line why your broom keeps changing color, and then you could pull the broom through you.

Again, not sure if it's possible with this illusion, but I figured I'd throw it out there. It could be a nice simple effect to build up to the big effect.
Awesome Peter!! It has been a while since I seen a demo that made me laugh so hard!! Great performance, and even better, great illusion brother! I have been looking forward to this since it's announcement (I believe last summer). I will %100 be picking this up, I see a lot of comedy and laughter within my audience with this effect, an awesome display of comedic entertainment combined with impossible illusion. Just may be your greatest illusion yet buddy, keep up the good work Peter!!

Paul
Thanks Paul! It has been a long time in the making!

Scott, that's a killer idea using it as a paddle effect. Although since your audience will eventually see both sides of the broom during regular application, I suppose you will need to end the paddle routine with the two sides different colors.

P.
Peter, do you (or anyone) have the video demo in another format besides Windows Media? AVI possibly. Quicktime? I wanted to get this a long time ago as it possible fits in with a character I have, but I would like to see the demo before purchasing.
Hi Bill, yes a Mac friendly and universal video should be up later this week, in the mean time I put it on youtube for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EP09pQJwow

P.
That looks awesome, Peter! Any comparisons to a pen through anything are hopefully a deliberate joke. I've been on performance hiatus for a number of years, but when I get back on the stage, I'm sure that will be my first new purchase. I try to perform with no "magic equipment" and that's just perfect. Good on ya!

Darryl
Will it be out soon ?
Hi Ricos, they have shipped from our factory overseas and should be here next week for shipping direct to our customers and shipping for distribution.
Perfect for Halloween, thanks !
We have to be getting close to having this thing show up on our doorstep. I can't wait to start working with this effect. I have a ton of ideas for this. Come-on Mr. Postman!
I heard that they are having some delays getting the props through customs, but these things should be showing up very soon. Whooo hooooo!
Yes they have cleared customs, and should be at our shop within the next business day or so and we expect no further delays, and will begin shipping direct to our personal customers and distributor for those who have purchased the prop outside of our company! Thanks for everyone's patience. We will be upgrading the shipping service where possible to make up for the short delay to our customers. Thanks everyone. Peter.
Update:

Brooms have arrived, and have now been shipped direct to our customers and are now in transit. If you have pre-ordered from me you will also get free shipping for pre-ordering. If you have pre-ordered this through a magic shop, they will be shipping the item to you once they receive their order from our distributor.(please note other shops may not be offering free shipping).

Thanks for everyone's patience, but the quality is fantastic and well worth the extra effort and time.

P.