(Close Window)
Topic: Midwest Jubilee 2007
For some reason the previous thread was locked. Don't know why...

Here is the link to the convention.
SERIOUS fun!

http://mmjubilee.com/

If you have never been there before, then you are missing out! Great magic...

...AND THE PARTY!
I'll be there.

Lokking forward to seeing everyone again....except for that Tony guy....who the he??....well nevermind!
They locked you out Tony, your reputation precedes you I am guessing might be the reason or maybe they don’t want to many to know how much fun the convention is and how much the after hours scene is great ...look forward to seeing everyone again soon
This is my first time to Midwest Jubliee. Looking forward to performing and meeting new friends. Make sure that you say hello.

Joseph Young
[quote]
On 2007-07-13 13:49, magicjy wrote:
This is my first time to Midwest Jubliee. Looking forward to performing and meeting new friends. Make sure that you say hello.

Joseph Young
[/quote]

Hello :bg:
Thanks Josh! I can see your going to be the trouble maker of the group at MJ2007. I look forward to meeting you in person. My plane will arrive on Thursday around 11 AM. Let me know if anyone wants to go out and see the sights in St. Louis that day.

Joseph Young
Joseph,

I may be up for that. I'm driving in from Kansas, so could be at the hotel around noon. Seeing the sites would be fun. The St. Louis Arch, the Budweiser Brewery, the St. Louis Zoo, the Budweiser Brewery, The Hard Rock Café, the Budweiser Brewery...lots of places to see (did I mention the Budweiser Brewery).

Josh
Gosh Josh! I will be leaving KC on wendesday to go to St. Louis. I will see yall then! Great picture choice by the way!
Excellent, then the debauchery can truly begin. Yes, it is a good picture choice, if only I were wearing a fez...
Don't worry, we is bringin Fez's!
Excellent. Can you also provide me with a monkey and a crank organ?
Fez hmmmm not sure if its my style, wait a minute I have no style but Doomo I know what ya bringing for me
Josh,

That sounds great about seeing the sights. I will send you a private message with my cell number on it. Maybe we could go see The St. Louis Arch. Did you know that they have a Budweiser Brewery too? Yes...I think you may have mention the Budweiser Brewery two or three times.

Joseph Young
Hmm, I guess I did mention the brewery a few times. Funny thing is, I'm not a big drinker! Okay gang, be sure to stop by the close-up competition and show your support for me! :)

Josh
I'll be there...just got my registration and plane ticket...I also slipped in a Stage Competition registration...
I'll be there...just got my registration and plane ticket...I also slipped in a Stage Competition registration...
The convention so great, you have to say it twice! Good luck on the stage contest, I'll try to remember to see it this year (I got lost in time looking through all the books in the dealer's room last year!)
Looking forward to seein all of you at the convention. By the way, I got a WAY COOL routine for the Hip Pocket Bombshell I will show you. This is simply a blast to do. Come to the booth or the bar and I will show it to you!
The Bar there is a Bar there ?
Yes, there's a bar in the lobby, next to the restaurant. Of course the real fun is in the aforementioned party.
I will for sure be there as well. Cant miss the jubilee no matter how far you live. Let alone living only a few hours drive. I will go every year they have it. Such a blast hanging out wih Tony Miller and the crew. For those of you thinking about going, well think no more.
Kepp Daddy! KEPPY! Yeah! LET THE FESTIVITIES BEGIN! And could this mean an appearence of the notorious Naked Kepp is far behind?

Lookin forward to seein yall again!

Tony
Kep Daddy!!

Glad you are gonna be there. What ever you do, don't share a room with that guy.

AHHHHHHH AAHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. hehehehe

Bring back memories?

JB
[quote]
On 2007-07-30 11:30, John Born wrote:
Kep Daddy!!

Glad you are gonna be there. What ever you do, don't share a room with that guy.

AHHHHHHH AAHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. hehehehe

Bring back memories?

JB
[/quote]

Or loan him anything. That *** still owes me money!
(Not really, I just like saying that.)

It'll be nice to see Kepp, and everyone else for that matter, again.

Josh
I went last year for the first time it was a dam blast, funniest thing Tony you were dam near speechless when I surprised you and Rose by telling no one I was attending, guess there is no surprising you this year because you are bringing my bar supplies.....hey if you still thinking about attending this convention, do as Nike say just do it this thing is a riot.

Hey Tony is the trunk big enough for Jason in that car you are renting ?
That reminds me. One of the funniest things I saw last year was Tony and Oscar Munoz in the lobby trading barbs. If only I had my video camera with me...
Why Graham I am shocked! As to Jason fitting in the trunk, Certainly! A Chrysler 300 my boy! But trust me.. By the time I am done with Jason Dean, he will fit in the ash tray!

And Josh, What Oscar and I were saying was NOTHING compared to the exchanges between me and Bill Malone and David Williamson.
You, Malone and Williamson? I can only begin to imagine what that was like, and also realize it pales in comparison to what actually happened. Maybe next time you can throw the Amazing Johnathan into the mix.
[quote]
On 2007-08-01 22:39, Josh Chaikin wrote:
You, Malone and Williamson? I can only begin to imagine what that was like, and also realize it pales in comparison to what actually happened. Maybe next time you can throw the Amazing Johnathan into the mix.
[/quote]

Funny you should mention that...Lmao! It WAS FUNNY!
[quote]
On 2007-07-22 13:51, KyletheGreat wrote:
[/quote]

Give em hell!!!!!
http://www.mmjubilee.com/schedule.htm

Not giving a lecture this year, Doomo?
Nope, performing on saturday, running my booth, running the party... that's about the limit anymore... Me soooo old!
[quote]
On 2007-08-02 16:32, Godhandz wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-07-22 13:51, KyletheGreat wrote:
[/quote]

Give em hell!!!!!

[/quote]

Thanks Eric,

I'll do my best...I already have my briefcase of junk packed and ready to go...I even made sure to pack an extra set of ping pong balls!
I need to pack soon too, and make my gimmicks. I should do that.
Only 3 more days to the GREATEST Convention around! WooHoo!!!!!
Tony
Yep! Of course I've been counting since the last one, hehe. I'm all packed now, and have everything together for the competition. It'll be my first time competing and, since some of my friends would rather sleep in than show me support, I'll need support from the Café! ;)

Kyle, I'll come support you in stage if you come support me in close-up :D

Josh
Josh,
You competing in close-up? Good Luck, you will do great I'm sure! Beth and I will be there to cheer on the competitors! Look forward to seeing you all there!

Tony & Beth
Tony,

I'm competing. This act has been around 8 months in the making, honed in the restaurant, and debuted a Ring meeting, I only hope I don't oversleep!

Look forward to seeing everyone,

Josh
I cant wait. I want it to hurry up and be time already. I took off the last few days of work to get a few things done and now the time has been just taking forever. I should have worked so it would go by faster. Cant wait to see you all again and hang out in the hotel till 5am jammin.
You and Brian need to come to the competition, since he decided sitting in the bar was more important than the Ring meeting - not that I blame him or anything...Can't believe it's this soon, it really snuck up on me.
[quote]
On 2007-08-05 21:38, Josh Chaikin wrote:
Yep! Of course I've been counting since the last one, hehe. I'm all packed now, and have everything together for the competition. It'll be my first time competing and, since some of my friends would rather sleep in than show me support, I'll need support from the Café! ;)

Kyle, I'll come support you in stage if you come support me in close-up :D

Josh
[/quote]

It's a DEAL!
Hey Guys! Just got home last nigt at 11 PM from Colon, MI. I have 2 1/2 days to wash my clothes, re-pack my act, print more lecture notes, and mow before I jump on the plane to Midwest Jubilee. I have heard so much about it that I cannot wait to get there. Guess I will not be sleeping much either. Do not forget that my lecture called "Puzzling Magic with a TWIST" is at 11:30 PM on Thursday night. The lecture is for EVERYONE from walk around, close-up, and stage. You close-up guys will like the effects "ESP CELEBRITIES" and "THE LOVE TEST".

Also, I know that contest are alwasy early at 8 AM but I just love to watch and support them. I will be at both of them with a BIG CUP of COFFEE! Heck...I enter the close-up contest at Curly's bar in Colon, MI this past weekend just to see how the money act would play in a bar with smoke and dunks. They must of liked it since I received 1st place award and some cash. I will be showing the money act on Friday Close-up show if you want to see it.

Tony aka The Fez....I have heard about your parties and suite. Hope that I am invited to hang out at the party too.

Keep the Magic Going and see everyone SOON!

Joseph Young
Yep, early morning meeting/contest. I'll probably have to skip out on the party the first night so I'm in relatively good form for the close-up competition. Still looking forward to seeing everyone.
Josh,

Good luck with the close up competition. Your performance at the ring meeting last week went real well. I thought you showed great poise and the effect went great. I am riding out with Mike M. THursday morning. Look to hook up with you sometime later in the day.

Steve Steiner
Steve,

I'm glad you enjoyed my performance; I'm riding out with Mr. Melito as well; see you Thursday.

Josh
This will be my very first convention. Every one that's going come out to the dealers room I will be there with US Toy magic. Save me from my job. You can kidnap me from the booth and make me enjoy the convention. I wont get mad...lol. I will be there tonight around 8 or 9. Hope to see you all around. Time to start drinking.
I'm heading off now myself. See everyone there!
Yea, I am the first to post back from jubilee. Once again a great time. Good to see you all and cant wait till next year. The countdown begins. Once again Mr Miller rocked the parties till 6, 6, 6, 6, 6 in the morning. Wanted to say I have a great time as always and hope everyone made it home safe and sound.
Keppel beat me to it. The Jubilee was a great time. The party was fun, as usual. Competing in the competition was exciting and placing third was rewarding, I'll be shooting for first next year. There's so much to be said about it, but right now I need to concentrate on unpacking.
Well, I had a great time at the convention. Naked Kepp showed me the largest sun and moon on the way back to kc. I even got to see that gap. It was great stuff. lol...The convention was a blast though. I cant wait until next year. But I am flying next year.
Flying, what the heeeeeeeeeell are you talking about. We are a few hours away bro. You can ride with me next year. By the time your plane takes off we will be in st louis. Flying, hahah
Yes, another great year. Meetin new friends and seeing old friends again.

Josh, congradulations on the close-up and congrat's to all the winners both close-up and stage.
I did not get there until Friday but still had a good time. Hightlights for me was watching Mark Mason and Michael Finney antics. The surprise of the jubilee was Omar Ferret from Cuba. He does not speak much English but you must see his close-up act. I think this was his first show in the USA. If you get a chance then see him. The other act that surprised me was a rubik cube act by Joseph Young. Cool and creative act that uses rubik cubes. What was the highlights for everyone else?

Magic Boy Jason Woods
Awesome convention! Great to see everyone again!

Best,

John B
Thanks for the congrats Jimmy.

As I stated, the convention was a great time. Highlights for me were watching Michael Finney, and his way of handling an effect going south or uncooperative spectators. Mark Mason's antics, both in the lecture hall and close-up room. Jamming on the Elmsley Count with Joe (long story there!) and repeatedly loading a card under Delaware's - I mean Kyle's hat.

Hope to see everyone there again next year!
Congrats to Josh on his work in close up. Loved his routine at the last Ring Meeting...Someday hope to make it to another convention and play er jam with other great thinkers and workers....

Harris
It was indeed a great convention...I made new friends and hung out with old friends. I ended up pulling 3rd in stage competition at this one...congratulations to my great friend Jason Andrews who won first...Jason...it ain't over yet...we will compete together again soon...mwahahaha...
Yeah - but you have to watch out for wet flying "ting tong dolls".
Mmm...I must've missed that one.
For those of you who were at the party, AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE... It was great meeting up with you again. There is nothing like hanging out till 6:30 am and then heading for contests!. To Jason and the others who crashed... HAHAHAHAHA!

For those who got to meet Kimmy on Thursday night, yehaw!

To those who got fried by Tom Gagnon, congratulations, you got burned by the best!

To the one who got sick and yacked in the bathroom... AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE... I don't hold it against ya, you invited back next year.

To ALL the drunk chicks who attended, we thank you!

To Josh Chaikin who walked around and stared at everyone, and then won the lottery basket... BAH! $15.00 worth of tickets wasted!

To Magic Joe! One of the coolest guys EVER!

To Joe Young. Dude, I would be HAPPY to have you at one of my parties! You were a blast!

To everyone else... Too Bad you didn't make it!

See yall next year!
I think my liver needs 12 months to recover oh crap magic live this sunday dam I might need a transplant
[quote]
On 2007-08-16 23:31, magicgraham wrote:
I think my liver needs 12 months to recover oh crap magic live this sunday dam I might need a transplant
[/quote]

Oh yes! And to Graham... The greatest Kiwi of them all! And one He ll Of a Magic Bartender.
Hey whats up guys yes it is I magic Joe Graham hit me up we need to exchange numbers and Tony let me know when the next Channel One will be out I cant wait. This convention was the ****! Thanks to every one for a great one. Kepp Daddy hit me up we gotta kick it some time soon. Jason and John thanks for all of your input on my effects and talk to ya soon.
Tony,

Finlly made it up to the party Saturday night. As usual it was a great time. It was great seeng everybody and spending some early morning hours with people just kicking back and talking. See you at the next one if not sooner. Any plans on attending the combined national convention next year in Louisville?
To all the Magic Guys!

Had an awesome time at the Jubilee. Tony the parties were great and I would love to hang out again soon. Do you go to Magi-Fest?

I now know why everyone has told me in the past the the jubilee is one of the best conventions in the county. It is the people and the magic who make it. It was a honor and pleasure hanging out with all of you. Thank you for the support and kind words at the shows.

Maybe next time, I can come and not have to worry about performing in the shows or get up at 7:30 AM in order to judge at stage contest. Congrats to Jason (stage) and Mike (Close-Up)winning first place. Also Kyle (Mr. Ping Pong) and Josh (Elmsley Count) for taking 3rd. I look forward to seeing all of you again in the future. Keep the Magic Going!

PS. Jimmy 'Cards' Mollinari..do you know any tricks beside Cards? I'm going to have to teach you the Rubik's Cube Card trick. ha!

Joseph Young
Wish I could've been there this year guys, I went for the 1st time in '06 and it ROCKED! especially the party. I hope to make it next year.
NExt year it will on the same date as the Get together. Save your money and go to the get together. I will.
Hey Matt, Enjoy the get together. But I'll be in St Louis.
[quote]
On 2007-08-19 00:16, Magicmatt1982 wrote:
NExt year it will on the same date as the Get together. Save your money and go to the get together. I will.
[/quote]

You enjoy the get together Mat. Personally, I will be in St.Louis. Besides, I personally don't enjoy staying at someone elses house or camping out or driving 15 miles late at night to go to a motel. It just would not be helpfull in throwing my party.
Ditto Doomo. Did you get to see the Miller Family Can Man with Fez? I dunno if it survived very long but I made the last night of the Jubilee in Honor of the Hosting Family of the Hospitality suite.
Well Matt...
I am glad you are going to the Get-Together instead. I hear they appreciate acts like yours anyway ... lame and not funny.
[quote]
On 2007-08-20 13:00, Mike Melito wrote:
Ditto Doomo. Did you get to see the Miller Family Can Man with Fez? I dunno if it survived very long but I made the last night of the Jubilee in Honor of the Hosting Family of the Hospitality suite.
[/quote]

Mike! I just showed your post to Rosie! She LOVES your can... Hmm, that came out wrong. In fact, it made a 700 mile journey safely in her grasp, where it now holds a place of honor! You just disappeared before I could say thank you.But I am glad that you came to the party. It is people like you and the other attendees that really made the convention and the party the sucess it was!
Anyone knows the list of contest winner?
I'm curious :D
Mike (mr creativity) Melito won first in Close Up...

Harris
[quote]
On 2007-08-20 23:15, andost wrote:
[/quote]

Close-up:

First: Mike Melito
Second: Steve Finkelstein
Third: Myself and another (I'm blanking on his name, 2-way tie)

Stage:

First: Jason Andrews
Second: Devin Henderson
Third: Kyle Jerrard
I am a pro. I do not work for magicians. If you want to go after me then come to my face. Do not waste my time. I am a working magician unlike others like urself.
Well if Matt isn't coming to the Jubilee I guess that's one less can I'll have to make =)

Doomo - thanks for the kind note. I made one for Maria Ibanez and it got confiscated by the airplane police. To be honest I was glad because I hated the way it turned out. I made a MUCH better one for her as a replacement. I'm glad your's made it OK. They were such a hit that I am in the process of getting a website to sell them. It's not up yet but I reserved the address - http://www.ThisISPopArt.net. That's going to the be catch phrase I am going to use. Can Man / This IS Pop Art. It would be nice to be able to pay for other conventions by carving out cans. I'm sorry I missed you at the party. But I'm glad you liked the can.
[quote]
On 2007-08-21 10:24, Josh Chaikin wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Close-up:

Stage:

[/quote]

Close...it's suppose to be "Jarrard"...but it's okay...I forgive you!
I was also curious about the Kyle "THE GREAT" part too. Is that supposed to be there?

Woo-hoo
14 posts.
[quote]
On 2007-08-22 17:51, KyletheGreat wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-08-21 10:24, Josh Chaikin wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Close-up:

Stage:

[/quote]

Close...it's suppose to be "Jarrard"...but it's okay...I forgive you!
[/quote]

Whatever you say Delaware. After all, you thought that Henry VIII was a fraction!
(To be fair, he singled me out in his close-up show for that line too.)
OK Gentlem... I have the photos ( well some of them) from the Jubilee posted up on my website. http://www.yomographs.com It was year of a great convention !Magically,
Me
Yomo, thanks so much for the pictures. I think you did a great job.
Woohoo, thanks Mona, see you next year!
Great Pics Mona I even look sober that must have been a camera trick
Mona,

I enjoyed looking through the pics you posted on
your website. Thanks for sharing.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Stan
Mona,

I enjoyed looking through the pics you posted on
your website. Thanks for sharing.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Stan