(Close Window)
Topic: "The Red Carpet" by Jason Palter
Hey guys: Here a great tipp: BUY THIS EFFECT!

Last saturday morning I got Jason Palter`s "The Red Carpet" which I had already preordered. A few hours later I had a big show (wedding) in which I wanted to try this effect out! The reactions were UN-BELIEVABLE! I did this effect as the end - and the whole audience raised! I couldn`t believe it! This effect is really cool and it is worth EVERY ***ed BUCK!! You don`t need to be a Lance Burton / You don`t need dexterity - it works almost automatically! The transport is sooo small and even though it guarantees BEST entertainment!

NEVER before I was so happy about a trick!!

I don`t want to talk You into buying this trick - I just want to tell You that this effect is a real WINNER! And I`ve already said Jason Palter that it is my PERSONAL WINNER!!!

Keep thinking about this effect! If You want to get a standing-ovation and if You need the certain something in your show which makes the show more special than the show of many other magicians - just buy it! I can give You the guarantee that You won`t regret it! Believe in my words! I am a honest person!!

Best regards

Gabriel
Hi,

as you live in Switzerland, is the final revelation somebody Europeans will know and recognoze immediately?

Regards

Stefan

PS: You can also PM me in German if you like
I was searching for a good review of this trick!
Hello all:

I just noticed this thread, and I wanted to say that I do not know "Swiss Magician" personally at all. We have never met, and the only correspondence that I've had with him were some PM's back and forth as he was asking me some questions regarding the product. He had pre-ordered this from a Canadian magic shop, and I know from speaking with the shop owners that he had the trick couriered to him (that is why he received it so quickly).

He was kind enough to let me know how much he liked the product in a PM, so I asked him if he wouldn’t mind posting his review(s) and he did so kindly.

I just wanted to clear up any stale air. I really appreciate that “Swiss Magician” wrote this, and am so happy that he is enjoying “The Red Carpet”. They have only been out for 7 days, and hopefully as the purchasers start to receive them, they (like “Swiss Magician”) will love the trick too.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, and for all purchases please visit our site. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
You performed this at an event you were being paid to perform at after getting it only a few hours beforehand?
Er...i saw a demo of this effect but it didn't show the final revelation!

peter
Hello all:

Sorry, let me restate my last paragraph: You are more than welcome to purchase "The Red Carpet" (and any of our other products) directly from our web site. Or if you'd prefer, you can buy them from your local magic dealer, and if they don't have them in, please ask them to contact me for information on how to stock our products.

Sorry for any confusion, and thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
Need to see the kicker at the end - we all know what happens - but how does it look?
Swiss Magician sounds WAY too desperate to be for real.
Hello all:

You know, I really battled with this video issue. Do I even do a promo video? Do I show just the audience reactions? Do I show any portion so that you can see any of the included props and see that there is something you are getting for your money besides the full routine? Do I show the reveal at the end? etc., etc. I went through the same thing with my other two releases, and in the case of "Third Degree Burn" there were STILL complaints with the first video! I just find that often with these magicians that you're ***ed if you do and ***ed if you don't. I don't know if you are a fellow creator/inventor, but if you are you'll know EXACTLY what I'm talking about! lol

So what I did was consult some other professional performers (including some fellow creators like Richard Sanders, Peter Loughran, Aaron Paterson, etc.) to get their views. They are good friends of mine and along with the opinions of other pros who are not creators, I felt that I could get a good cross-section of thoughts on how to do the promotion of “The Red Carpet”. They all agreed with me that I HAD to release a promo video of it. And to be honest, they all agreed that I should cut it in the way it you see it now, so as to show more of the performance. They felt (and I agreed) that if I showed too much of the audience, then potential purchasers may be upset because they were not seeing enough of the performance. Or if I showed the reveal at the end, it may tip off too many "unscrupulous" magicians (and I don't need to tell you there are some out there) who might go and make it themselves. The method for "The Red Carpet" (like most great tricks and routines) is not particularly difficult. It has been designed to allow you to concentrate your efforts on the PERFORMANCE of this trick, not the method, and that's why audiences love it so much! To be honest, whether you know the method or not, it is the full props and AUDIENCE TESTED ROUTINE that you are buying (the props alone---without the sketchbook---are worth over $100.00!). Again----damned if I do and ***ed if I don't!

To be honest, the only thing that everyone COULD NOT agree on was whether or not to show any part of one of the props that you see in the video. I reasoned that for $195.00 I had to show a bit of what you were getting prop-wise, if you catch my drift. Regardless of stating that you get "everything you need plus an 8-minute script, ready to go out of the box", some will still try to rip you off, right? So in the end, the video was cut in the way that everyone sort of thought is should be. But I can assure you that the climax was designed as something that will be recognized by ALL ages no matter what part of the world you are from. I suppose the only people who may not recognise the end result, are the people who still think the sinking of the Titanic is recent news! lol

Sorry if the video disappointed any of you, but I hope you now better understand my reasoning.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
I think the demo shows us what we need to see to make up our minds. If this is the kind of effect that "fits" your type of show, then I think it is a winner.
It's an interesting idea for an effect, except that it doesn't communicate anything fundamental about the nature of celebrity despite that a "red carpet" is worn over the head. Even if it did, the message would have to be relevant to an audience for it to win me over with its memorability factor. Naturally the methodology is obvious for a keen eye.

Even if I were wrong about this, nothing is communicated where I'd want to know.

I'm going to save my money and employ the methodology (perhaps one I only independently created that would have the exact same effect) as a joke rather than a drawn out "magical" affair.
I for one feel that the video gave you just enough to see if it would fit into your act, as for not seeing the ending, I believe I know what it is and I can see why he left it out.

Nice Job,

John
[quote]
On 2007-07-17 11:00, MagicPenguin wrote:
It's an interesting idea for an effect, except that it doesn't communicate anything fundamental about the nature of celebrity despite that a "red carpet" is worn over the head. Even if it did, the message would have to be relevant to an audience for it to win me over with its memorability factor. Naturally the methodology is obvious for a keen eye.

Even if I were wrong about this, nothing is communicated where I'd want to know.

I'm going to save my money and employ the methodology (perhaps one I only independently created that would have the exact same effect) as a joke rather than a drawn out "magical" affair.
[/quote]

So basically you are going to save your money, steal the plot line, make it a joke, and call it your own? Very ethical indeed.....Rob is that you? Or is this a play on your username posted as a joke?
Jason

I fully understand your dilemma but ultimately it all comes down to how much you trust the genuine magic community to support you as the original creator of the effect as opposed to those who unethically copy it. I guess the same could be said of all demos but it's a risk you take. I, for one, will always support the original creator of an effect even though I can ( sometimes! ) work out the method and I suspect the vast majority of the magic community will do too. You may lose some but you will gain a lot more.

peter
Hey guys,

I just got my package in the mail today. Before I give a brief review, I want to make it clear that I do know Jason. We've spoken on the phone a time or two about a different project and chatted online a number of times. In fact, I chatted with Jason tonight and he asked me for my HONEST opinion, and I gave it to him. And I'm going to give my HONEST opinion here too. You need to know that prior to the package arriving, I knew no more than anyone else did. I had only seen the same preview all of you have seen. With that being said, here's the review.

The trick is awesome.

I don't know how else to describe it. I was very surprised when I opened the package. The quality of the contents was much better than I expected. Jason eluded to this in an earlier post, but the sketchbook is phenomenal. The artwork is beautifully, professionally done. It's printed on a very thick cardstock. The cardstock is covered with a plastic type protectant so it should last forever. It looks like the book you and I get is actually better than the one Jason performs with on the DVD. His is hard to see because it's laminated and the lights glare on it. This plastic covering seems to be a non-glossy, non-glary type of material. No shortcuts whatsoever were taken on the production of the sketchbook.

The instructions and routine were professionally printed. There was a performance DVD included as well. The other materials included in the package were more than satisfactory.

The Climax

There has been a lot of talk about the climax to this effect. All I can say is when I saw the climax, a big grin came over me. In my opinion, it's absolutely perfect. I had ideas and expectations, and I almost didn't buy the routine because I didn't want to be disappointed with the climax. Everyone has their own opinion, but I love it and think it's perfect.

Last thing I'll say is now that I've seen the package, I know exactly why Jason didn't show anything on the preview video. I can't say much more than that. As soon as I opened up the package, it made complete sense for someone who wants to protect their hard work.

I haven't performed it yet, but will be sure to let everyone know how it goes. If you have any questions, let me know. I promise you, as I've done here, I'll give you an unbiased answer.

Eric
Thanks for the review Eric. I have seen your performance of Silent Treatment on "E", and hope to see one of the Red Carpet soon.

Phil
I don't know if this has been asked yet, and enventually I will be getting this. Is the outcome always the same? Just asking so I know what my repeat status would be if incase it was the same crowd. Also where can I see this performance of Silent Treatment?
Paisa23,

I sent you a PM with all the details about The Red Carpet.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Got it thanks. This sounds trully great. Ill save up and get my hands on it soon hopefully.
Hello everybody

At long last back from holyday I want to apologize my direct way of telling you what I thought of "The Red Carpet". And I want to apologize to Jason for the reader`s thought, that Jason and me could have planed this...
As Eric has written: The effect is awesome! But surely not for everybody. The magician who likes tricks and effects which are very difficult in performance and which require a lot of dexterity won`t like " The Red Carpet". As I`ve written: I got the package from a canadian magic shop - on the same day as I`ve had my show...I watched the presentation DVD and in less than 10 Minutes I was ready for the audience...surely you have to have some experience how to wrap up the effect...for me it wasn`t a big problem...

Everybody knows that you are wearing something on your face for looking like the celebrity...I want to write, that You won`t be disappointed...Jason selected the celebrity well - that means: I`m sure that everybody in the audience will know the celebrity...

I hope you could get an impression of this effect - my opinion: I love it!

Have a nice day!

Gabriel
Am I correct in assuming that you can purchase your own "thing you wear on your face" to have multiple endings for repeat customers? Are the images in the book people who you can buy "things you wear on your face" (am I really not allowed to say 'mask?') at costume shops?

Looks like a great effect. And even though I imagine I could gather my own props together from seeing the demo, of course I would buy this effect if I ever planned to performed this.
[quote]
On 2007-07-25 20:47, Joshua Lozoff wrote:
Am I correct in assuming that you can purchase your own "thing you wear on your face" to have multiple endings for repeat customers? Are the images in the book people who you can buy "things you wear on your face" (am I really not allowed to say 'mask?') at costume shops?

Looks like a great effect. And even though I imagine I could gather my own props together from seeing the demo, of course I would buy this effect if I ever planned to performed this.[/quote]
At this point you only have the one option. However, I think I read in a post that Jason is looking into creating "add-on" packs that would allow you to perform the routine with a different climax. If you were to buy the "thing you wear on your face" :) separately, there is one other prop you would have to buy and I'm not sure you can get it in a store. I'm assuming Jason had them custom ordered. Hope that helps.
Hello Joshua

I think I can say that You could create the routine by yourself...improvisation...but my opinion is:
- It won`t be as perfect and of as good quality if You make it by yourself as the original...because there are loads of details you shouldn`t forget (bag, numbers, the whole book and the "thing you wear")
- and secondly: Everybody could copy every trick if it is necessary...but it is the same as in the music business: To copy sounds isn`t fair...because someone must have composed the song and if there comes someone who copies the sound and makes the greatest hit out of it, it isn`t so gentle (own experiences - I also compose music). I think Jason has deserved many, many statisfied purchasers.
Don`t You think so? ;)

Kindly

Gabriel
Hello,
I just received the RED CARPET here in germany.
It is a very well produced trick.
The props looks great, all is included in a wonderful tin, especially produced for this trick.
The booklet with the sketches is great; the pictures are not "laminated", but printed on a very hard card-stock, so they last very long.
The pictures of the stars are almost well known in europe, too.
The revealed charakter is well known around the world.
Maybe Jason will offer an update pack in the future to use another charaker.
All in all - a very good idea (for that you paid!) and very well produced props.
BUY IT!

Marc
I finally received my copy and I am very happy with it.

Have not tried it out yet, but all the props are so well produced and the whole thing highly professional that only looking at what you get makes you want top present it in front of an audience.

Technically, there is nothing new, actually exactly the same method as in Jason's Divine Time, but what counts most is the routine. I am looking forward to the eBook with further ideas that is supposed to be released, soon.

This is one of the best ideas in mentalism for a long time, in my humble opinion. So please do NOT buy it - as I want to be one of the few who present this gem ;-)

Regards

Stefan

http://www.pierrot.tobit.net
Ive thought about this effect for some time now, how could I NOT want this. A solid 8 minutes of material with a funny ending that will 'hit home' with the audience. I have a few idea's what I think the outcome is, but reguardless, when you say something like THE BEATLES, everyone thinks of something and gets a feeling inside them. By using celebrities It creats this bonding between the performer, the spectator and an experience in the spectators life.

Im a little sleepy, but I had to try and make sense as to why the premis for this effect is so good.

Awesome reviews THANKS!
I started performing The Red Carpet this week at my family shows and it was a roaring success ! In all 4 of the shows, the audience reaction was nothing short of a spontaneous outburst of laughter and applause. The look on the faces was wide-eyed surprise and satisfaction. I used this effect as my show closer and I'll admit...the audience wanted more. Because of this, I may consider using it towards the end but not as the last trick.

The Red Carpet is a truly startling and entertaining trick which will be remembered by the audience and will keep them coming back for more.

John
One thing that I want to point out, and it was a question I had... would this play well for different types of audiences (Adults, Kids, etc). Well, my test was when I was practicing and my two year old saw the final part... and pointed saying the name of the Celebrity. And now, my two year old (ok, almost three) doesn't read People, or US, or any other celebrity Rag... but knew of this one. (ok.. maybe People).

It solidified it for me.

RevJohn
I got mine about a week ago and have been waiting to preform it. Last night I did it and my audience was in shock. they loved it. I don't have a ton of cash to be spending on tricks but I am so happy I spent the money on this one. All the props are very high quality and I cant wait to start putting this into my regular shows. Great Work Jason its well worth it.
Hello all:

I just wanted to thank everyone for their positive comments. For RevJohn, it was great to meet you at MAGIC Live in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. I distinctly remember that you were concerned whether or not the audience (anywhere in the world, and of different ages) would be able to recognize who was revealed. As you see the reveal was designed to play to as wide a range of ages and people as it does. Glad it worked out for you, and I look forward to hearing how it plays out for you at other events. And thank you to the others and for your reviews; I really appreciate it! This trick has been selling very well, and others (like Alexx) agree that what you get for your money is well worth it (granted I'm biased! lol). We're working on additional "Celebrity Identifier" kits, and hope to make them available shortly.

If you have any other questions, or would like ordering information, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time and for your business!

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
Got it! Started working it up. Anyone have ideas about a better f****e? I hate the idea of using a number to get to a page. It would be much stronger if you could f***e the name to begin with.

Looks like a fun routine.
[quote]
On 2007-09-01 20:36, RevJohn wrote:
One thing that I want to point out, and it was a question I had... would this play well for different types of audiences (Adults, Kids, etc). Well, my test was when I was practicing and my two year old saw the final part... and pointed saying the name of the Celebrity. And now, my two year old (ok, almost three) doesn't read People, or US, or any other celebrity Rag... but knew of this one. (ok.. maybe People).

It solidified it for me.

RevJohn

[/quote]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi RevJohn

That`s a good question: Now, I`ve alredy performed it about 20 times. Ans as I did it, I noticed something VERY IMPORTANT: Alsways when I was performing it, I had to say to the audience (when I the "red carpet" is alredy over my head") that NOBODY of them should say out loud the name of the celebrity! They should not ask who it is and they shouldn`t miss any word about the celebrity! Adults don`t do it certainly! And for children it is something very exciting to not tel the name out loud - that`s now a secret they have to keep for themself and for the audience...and surely they KNOW who the celebrity is!!! That`s the most exciting celebrity for every child! But before I do this trick, I alsways say to the audience, that it could be possible, that someone doesn`t know the celebrity shown - (for example older people). But I say too, that when it should be the case, they can ask very very carefully so I couldn`t hear it. In this approximately 20 shows I always had ONE case, as somebody didn`t know the celebrity and who has asked very loud who it was (an older person) - but ALWAYS the audience does react pretty cool, that I can`t hear it...

I hope, I could help you!

Kindly

Gabriel
A friend of mine bought this and had it sent abroad which caused great problems with customs due to the packaging (although a very nice touch). The whole package was kept by customs and the recipitent was called, only then was the "film reel" opened...

My friend had greater difficulty explaining the contents of the package than if this had been a copy pirate 35mm film!
Yes, being even slightly ecologically minded, I really wish there hadn't been so much packaging. Really just need the few props in a plain box would have been much more to my liking. But whatcha going to do? People are just really slow to get with the times and simplify things and save resources.

Josh
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 17, 2007 03:05AM)
[quote]
On 2007-09-06 21:09, Joshua Lozoff wrote:
Got it! Started working it up. Anyone have ideas about a better f****e? I the idea of using a number to get to a page. It would be much stronger if you could f***e the name to begin with.

Looks like a fun routine.
[/quote]

To answer your question, yes, there is a way to have the selection chosen. You pass out card stock and have people write famous names on them. One name per person.....

The cards are all collected and placed in a paper bag. The bag is shaken to mix the cards. A spectator is asked to reach into the bag and pull one card out. Of course it is the card that you want.

Ray
Using Magical Dimensions suggestion, switching to a Mr. Spock, Jay Leno, etc finale would be inexpensive. Having multiple outcomes to choose from is a nice option, especially if some members of the audience have already seen you perform the routine.

I just bought this. Sometime in the next few months (after the Halloween craziness is over), I'm going to try to find a costume shop and try on a few. Though the one included is ok, finding an XXL would be nice.
I think the trick is outstanding, and have used it for children and adults. I draw out the finish, and can almost feel the sympathy and embarrassment in the room as I fail to name the proper person. . . .

Two comments:

1) for kids, you have to reiterate several times that they should not blurt out the name, or they will

2) I too wanted variation beyond the given reveal, and have found a wooden nickel company which will give me choices for educational shows (Einstein for example) and holiday shows (Santa) - I'm glad the creator decided to include these, but wish he'd gone further - he does have his own 'supplementary' three-pack of different reveal options coming out soon, but if anyone wants some advice on where to get wooden nickels and cheap masks (great markdowns right after Halloween), let me know.

A congrats to Jason Palter on a fantastic finish and strong effect.

Regards,

Todd
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 22, 2007 04:11PM)
I am working on another way of doing this because I don't like the idea of using a hood.

I haven't gotten this effect yet, but it will be here in two days(I already check)

What I want to do is very much like the write up that was in the Linking Ring Magazine so many years ago.

Have people write the names of famous people on cards and drop them into a bag. I have a person pick one card and I draw the picture of this famous person. The person names the famous person, and I turn the drawing board around and show everyone my drawing of this person!

I have this done again and I reveal the darwing to be 100% correct!

A 3rd person selects a card and concentates on the person. I act as if I am having trouble reading their mind. After some time I just draw a big ? on the drawing board. I grab the darwing board and walk forward. I ask the person to name their selected famous person. THey said the name ?????????.

I drop my head and turn the board around showing the ?. I yell out, I was so close!" as I lift the board above my head as if I might throw it to the floor. I pause.... and lower the drawing board downward, covering my face. As I lower the board downward past my face everyone can now see that I really did know what famous person was sellected!

Any other ideas that anyone want to share?

Best
Ray
Ray
I think the hood is the best part of the whole effect as it leaves the magician vulnerable and open to spectator sympathy and/or scorn. Waiting under the hood gives the false sense of humiliation you then get to dispell so wonderfully through the reveal. The hood's key.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 24, 2007 02:12PM)
Just received The Red Carpet, and must say that I am impressed! Everything is top notch. It is a well-produced effect and should play very well.

This thing is not your normal mentalism effect and I am glad of it!

Best
RAy
Hello all:

Thank you so much for your comments and compliments. I wanted to let you know that for those of you who own "The Red Carpet" or are considering purchasing it, we will be releasing a "Bonus Celebrity Identifier" kit within the next couple of months. This kit will include everything that you need (including the custom embossed chips/discs) to allow you to perform this incredible routine with 3 additional characters! Stay tuned, and I will update as information becomes available. And on this topic, be sure to check out the great testimonial on "The Red Carpet" webpage that we just received from world-renowned comic magician Jeff Hobson (and if you're in the mood, also check out Chris Korn's comments on the top of the "Third Degree Burn" page too! lol).

All of our products are presently in stock, so if you would like to order or have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you again for your time and your business!

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
Well then, I guess I won't need to find and travel to a local costume shop. This sounds much easier to (lazy ol') me... lol
First off, I flew to NYC to a great costume shop and bought a much better... secret thing... (same character) That makes me feel better.

Also, I have some trouble with the concept of a hood as well. First of all, I live in a pretty progressive area, and I have heard, more than once, that with Abu Ghraib, and other torture-related issues in everyone's mind, the vision of a man onstage with a hood over his head is a little disturbing to some. I think that's a little overreactive, but I can understand the sentiment. Also, I just think it feels a little demeaning to wear a hood. Not sure, but I'm looking for alternatives as well. I do like the idea of a sketch-pad.

The other thing I have found, is that this routine gets some laughs and polite applause, but that's about it, so far. And when you think about it, it makes sense. What are you claiming? Something about psychic abilities. Then what do you show? That you were clever enough to make someone pick a particular page in your book. That's really about all. It ends up having nothing to do with picking up something from your volunteer, because you put the hood on before she looks at her number. So I think it runs the risk of making the audience, and especially the spectator feel quite foolish for having taken your claim seriously to begin with, because all the magician does is sort of laugh at them at the end by saying the whole thing was just a gag. I guess I was just hoping to fit it into a genuine mentalism routine, when it fits more in a kids' party gag act, from what I have found.

I am sure some will disagree. I'm still working with it to find a way to fit it to my style. I do like the premise and respect the creativity behind the creation of the effect.

Anyway, I'm still glad I bought it, and will continue working with the premise.
Thought I would post this idea, since we have been talking a little bit about using something other than the red hood.

I have been using a paper sack that has a smiley face drawn on the sack. Gets a laugh and looks ridiculous.

Then when I get the prediction wrong, I pivot the sack around, still hiding the mask, and on the other side of the sack I have a frowny face and a tear coming from one of the eyes.

Gets a good laugh.

John
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 9, 2007 01:59AM)
[quote]
On 2007-11-09 02:11, RevJohn wrote:
Thought I would post this idea, since we have been talking a little bit about using something other than the red hood.

I have been using a paper sack that has a smiley face drawn on the sack. Gets a laugh and looks ridiculous.

Then when I get the prediction wrong, I pivot the sack around, still hiding the mask, and on the other side of the sack I have a frowny face and a tear coming from one of the eyes.

Gets a good laugh.

John
[/quote]
John, funny idea and I like it. Reminds me of the unknown comic. LOL

Or how about placing a bucket (plastic) over your head with a smiley face. Point at the bucket and twist it around, and the words BRAIN BUCKET is seen.

Ray
Mine is now available for sale. Perfect condition. PM me if you are interested.
John, I always wondered what happened to the unknown comic :)

Love your idea

John
Joshua,

I understand your possible reservations for serious mentalism (although I do think the hood objection is a little extreme - you're hooding yourself, not "being subjected"). But don't underestimate this as a "kids' party gag" as you refer to it. It plays very well in that way as long as you warn them several times not to blurt out the force character. , ,
Hi there,

what bothers me more than the allusions to "being subjected" when wearing the hood, is the general idea of performing the trick in friont of kids. Not because they won't understand or might yell out the character. I would not use the hood because I am worried kids would try do repeat this at home and put a bag onto their heads. Not a good idea if the parents are not watching...

Regards

Stefan
Hello All!

Great effect Jason, keep it up!
If you don't like the whole hood thing, try to do the "reveal" with a teddy bear or other stuffed animal. A great reveal apparatus is available for stuffed animals at AC Moore for $10, and I'll bet Build-a-Bear can set you up too. You can make your stuffed animal "the mind reader" which is pretty funny premise, and then let animal "rest" in an appear/disappear box and then bring it out with regalia at the end. I'm going to do the hood reveal with the kids, and then as a bonus, have a double of my stuffed owl sidekick come back from sleep at the end following the reveal theme. This may add a fun extra kick and extension to the trick.
:goodluck:
Thanks Futureal. It all fits, but lets see how it works in performance . . .
I really like the idea. But the whole pick #'s out of a ziplock bag and then turn the book to that # picture seems a little strange. Is that what you and your brother really did......it seems to drag the whole mental demonstration down to a number trick. Why not just have a gimmicked book, look at the picture please, think of that person and be done with it. Why bring your brother into it, I don't think you need another character in this play.
It's your trick - you can say whatever you want.
How is everyones Bag for the disks holding up, I wonder if you can just by the bags from him?

John
Yes you can just buy the bags. They are on his web site.

Ron
Thanks Ron,

John
I just recently received "The Red Carpet" and put it to work right away...It's going to be one of the center pieces for my show from here on out. Last Saturday I heard someone in the audience, (I was behind the curtain and they didn't know I was there), who saw me perform it at a theater the previous week, tell someone else about how much they liked the effect. That's the kind of material I want, the kind that leaves them talking long after the show is over. Thank you Jason for putting out such a great effect. The simplicity of it allows me to entertain, but the power of it blows their minds away.

I have 3 effects now that leave them talking, my bill in lemon, my headline prediction, and The Red Carpet...it's worth every penny.

Terry Owens
I used mine in two shows this weekend... and it was a blockbuster hit! Love it, Jason! I look forward to the "bonus kit" and online booklet. Any idea when those will be available?
Doug
[quote]
On 2007-10-25 08:25, Jason Palter wrote:
(and if you're in the mood, also check out Chris Korn's comments on the top of the "Third Degree Burn" page too! lol).

[/quote]

Check me if I'm wrong but I think his comment is misleading to someone that doesn't own the effect. "I don't have anything on me but...". You might as well have a deck of cards on you if you remembered to bring Third Degree Burn.

Not saying TDB is a bad effect, in fact, I think its a great effect. Just that you and Chris should "edit" that comment, that's all.
Hello all:

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the great comments and reviews! "The Red Carpet" has been selling very well----thank you for the business!

Well, I wanted to let everyone know, that after many requests THE BONUS FEATURE kit for use with your “The Red Carpet” is now available. With this kit, you will be able to force an additional 3 characters from your sketchbook! All of these characters were chosen as they are recognized by most everyone from around the world. The kit includes everything you need for the 3 extra reveals, including instructions, a presentation idea, and the additional 3 sets of 40 custom-embossed yellow numbered discs that exactly match the ones in the original trick (120 extra discs total).

These are available directly from our site right now, and should be in stores in the coming weeks. If you have any questions or would like ordering information, please do not hesitate to contact me or visit the site. Thank you again for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
I just used the Bonus Feature Kit this week and all I can say is it got the biggest response I've ever had with The Red Carpet. Of all the things I did that evening, including an effect that cost me over $600.00 The Red Carpet (bonus feature kit) got the biggest laughs and punch. If you've got The Red Carpet, then you need to get the Bonus Feature Kit or if you're thinking of purchasing The Red Carpet, make sure to include the Bonus Feature Kit with your purchase. I'm not paid to say any of these things, and I'm not saying anything that I haven't told Jason. I'm still on a high with the response I got. This is for the Pro's

It give it 5 Rabbits
I will be performing the Red Carpet with one of the Bonus Reveals in about two weeks. I am interested to hear about which one you used. I know you can't share here, as part of the "bonus" is the character revealed. Would love to hear about it in a PM if you cared to share. I could share with you the characters so you know I have it.

Glad to hear it played well for you!

RevJohn
Great effect. I performed it over 20 times in the past two weeks. The Bonus reveal, one of them, is terrific. Lots you can do with it. One Bonus reveal is weak, I will probably never use it. There could have been a different one included that would have been MUCH better.

I will have to say that my bag--the special one--ripped during a show after about 10 shows. Not a disaster but I had to chuck it and buy another.

Could do without the metal reel case and included a brief case instead. I immediately placed everything in a brief case. Much easier to carry and perform out of.

All in all I am happy as he-- with Red Carpet.

John
What was the gist/bottom line of the Genii review of Red Carpet...I'm missing that issue.
Thanks, Dave
Hello all:

It has recently come to my attention that I might be losing sales to magicians outside of North America who are potentially thinking of purchasing "The Red Carpet". This is because these customers may possibly be under the impression that the celebrities/characters in the supplied sketchbook book (and the revealed character) are only recognizable in North America. On the one hand, I can't really can't blame anyone for possibly thinking this, because the images that are shown by the spectator in the demo video are only a few celebrities from the USA (of course that's just how the routine happened to go on that day at the event where the video was shot).

So I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that the 39 royalty-free images in the sketchbook were specifically chosen for the trick, so that they would be recognized by almost anyone from around the world. Here is just a sampling of just SOME of the celebrities that you will find in the book: Albert Einstein, Queen Elizabeth, Elton John, Mick Jagger, Arnold Schwarchenegger, Superman, Mickey Mouse, Darth Vader, Bruce Lee, John Lennon, Nelson Mandela, Madonna, Princess Diana, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Tom Cruise and Gandhi. In addition, you can be rest assured that an audience of any age will have no doubt in their mind not only who the revealed icon is, but also that you look exactly like them when the red fabric bag is removed. The description of the trick on my site (and on the sites of dealers who carry the trick) has been updated to reflect this information.

Of course, the the 3 additional characters that are revealed in "The Bonus Feature" for "The Red Carpet" are also very easily recognizable around the globe as well.

As I said, I just wanted to ensure that I cleared up any possible confusion. If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
I got the Red Carpet a few months ago and just got the bonus pack. I'd have to say that the props used in this are quality. I was particularly impressed with the quality of the special something included in the original effect and if you've ever priced out quality ones you'd know that they aren't cheap. I know which character John is talking about in the bonus pack and I agree with him that it is not as stong of a reveal. The other two though are definately strong and easily recognizable by any crowd (even international).

I also was impressed the the speed and throughness at which Jason answered any questions/concerns I had about these products. I just can't wait until he releases the pdf with bonus tips and routines for the Red Carpet (which he's offering free to those who register their purchase on his website). I would definately recommend this product and say that it is worth the price.
Red Carpet is definitely worth the price. It's a great closer for family shows and even kid birthdays if you prime them not to blurt out the characeter selected. Also, I imagine, it must be quite good for mentalists. It's versatile, surprising, and I particularly enjoy it even in kid shows as it allows me to initially highlight - as a closer - the "wizard in trouble" nature of my character - but then, at the surprising last reveal, show them that "I may be a fool, but not as great as they had thought." It lets the audience and me both have a laugh, and it allows me a redeeming finish, and a routine I can really have a lot of fun with (feigning humiliation as I "miss" guess after guess before the reveal).

My only quibbles are two: 1) the film case it comes in is clever but utterly impractical. The designer said that those who complained about it were being petty, but after months of storing the film reel container in my basement, I agree. It doesn't fit anywhere, may have added $10 to the cost of the trick, and is impractical as a carrying case. For the same $10 Palter might have sent a nylon carrying case, or just sent in a cardboard box and dropped the price (and shipping cost). It seems like a small point, but it's time to start putting a higher premium on conservation. 2) the bonus pack reveals do not maximize the variation of themes (i.e. holiday figures, historical figures, etc.) available in the sketch book. After learning from Palter what the "bonus" reveals were, I assembled my own additional reveals, and while the Wooden Nickel people who did my force number chips were probably not quite as professional as Palter's plastic ones (the printing is slightly different on each set), I have a much wider range of themes to illustrate with my final reveal (I've used Lincoln and Einstein, for example, and feel much better about the role models they represent to kids).

To my view as a college professor first and magician second, the reveals given reinforce a celebrity cult in our society which, especially at economic times like these when a premium should be placed on technical smarts, hard work, and expertise rather than just on "being a celebrity" through easy credit and easy living, the reveals don't send as strong a message as my materially inferior but symbolically far superior Lincoln and Einstein reveals.

However, this is a subtle point, I realize, and has no effect whatsoever on the excellent technical or theatrical aspects of the trick or the hilarious routine which comes with it (which lends itself to all kinds of personalization and "making it yours"). There are few tricks in magic which come with such built-in situations made for naturally humorous interaction with the audience. In my experience, this is one of the top three or four. After use in dozens of shows, it stands up as an outstanding premise well executed in design and routining by Jason Palter. Masks off to you.
To add a constructive spin to my mild criticism (again, the trick is a great value, especially given the cost of far inferior tricks which - unlike this easily-ported show highlight - play flat and pack big), why doesn't Palter do an "educational show/school assembly" bonus pack? I'll bet there's still a market for some great historical figure reveals ... Would people be interested? If he's going to do it, I have a lot of suggestions for figures from the diverse sketch book, which does offer a wide range of characters to feature in the patter.
Hello all:

Thank you for your comments. The characters that were chosen to be revealed (in both the original "The Red Carpet" and the "Bonus Feature") were chosen on purpose for various reasons, but the main reason is because they are EASILY recognizable by people of MOST AGES from ALL OVER the world. We had options to do other characters but the main concern was that some would not know who they were. For instance Wayne Gretzky is one of the characters in the sketchbook. He is arguably the greatest hockey player ever.....but in our research we found that not many outside of the USA and Canda knew who he was, so he wouldn't be a good choice as a reveal.....Yes it is ironic that in the demo video, Wayne Gretzky happens to be one of the people that the spectator randomly chooses at the beginning, but that's life! LOL!

Anyhow Mumblemore's ideas are great, but we again get into the above issues. Also the key is finding the special somethings.....and also at a reasonable cost to be able to include in the packaging!

The compliments from our purchasers on the range of characters that were included with both "The Red Carpet" and "The Bonus Feature" have been huge and numerous. However, that doesn't mean that there still can't be room for improvement. Who knows, maybe I'll release "More Bonuses Featured" in the near future!.....

If anyone has any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time and business everyone!

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
This seems like a great effect! Then again so isn't star trick by Larry Becker and they do not hide who the final revelation would be so why is it such a big deal in this trick?
After watching the DEMO, wise choice on who is chosen.
Hello all:

I just wanted to again mention what I had said before regarding the demo video, and to answer JSBLOOM's question.

As I wrote earlier in this thread: I really battled with this video issue. Do I even do a promo video? Do I show just the audience reactions? Do I show any portion so that you can see any of the included props and see that there is something you are getting for your money besides the full routine? Do I show the reveal at the end? etc., etc. I went through the same thing with my other two releases, and in the case of "Third Degree Burn" there were STILL complaints with the first video! I just find that often you're ***ed if you do and ***ed if you don't. You fellow creators/inventors, will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about! lol

So what I did was consult some other professional performers (including some fellow creators like Richard Sanders, Peter Loughran, Aaron Paterson, etc.) to get their views. They are good friends of mine and along with the opinions of other pros who are not creators, I felt that I could get a good cross-section of thoughts on how to do the promotion of “The Red Carpet”. They all agreed with me that I HAD to release a promo video of it. And to be honest, they all agreed that I should cut it in the way it you see it now, so as to show more of the performance. They felt (and I agreed) that if I showed too much of the audience, then potential purchasers may be upset because they were not seeing enough of the performance. Or if I showed the reveal at the end, it may tip off too many "unscrupulous" magicians (and I don't need to tell you there are some out there) who might go and make it themselves. The method for "The Red Carpet" (like most great tricks and routines) is not particularly difficult. It has been designed to allow you to concentrate your efforts on the PERFORMANCE of this trick, not the method, and that's why audiences love it so much! To be honest, whether you know the method or not, it is the full props and AUDIENCE TESTED ROUTINE that you are buying (the props alone---without the sketchbook and its ROYALTY-FREE images---are worth over $100.00!). Again----damned if I do and ***ed if I don't!

To be honest, the only thing that everyone COULD NOT agree on was whether or not to show any part of one of the props that you see in the video. I reasoned that for $195.00 I had to show a bit of what you were getting prop-wise, if you catch my drift. Regardless of stating that you get "everything you need plus an 8-minute script, ready to go out of the box", some will still try to rip you off, right? So in the end, the video was cut in the way that everyone sort of thought is should be. But I can assure you that the climax was designed as something that will be recognized by ALL ages no matter what part of the world you are from. I suppose the only people who may not recognise the end result, are the people who still think the sinking of the Titanic is recent news! lol (it wasn't that funny when I posted this line earlier in the thread either! lol)

Sorry if the video disappointed any of you, but I hope you now better understand my reasoning.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
I performed this again the other nignt. It was cool, I was at a halloween party and 80th bday for some woman. Well they also had an Impersonator at the gig. I always carry Red Carpet with me in a brief case.

The house was noisy of course with the dj and all but at the end of my close up gig I told them I would introduce the impersonator. I performed Red Carpet and it went over very well to say the least. RC is the simplest trick I perform and one of the funnest and most baffeling.

J
The props shown were gorgeous. No need to see what happens if the hood comes off.
This can be left to the imagination.
Hello all:

Thank you for those compliments; I really appreciate them. Johncesta that was a great story----nice idea to do the trick like that! lol

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
I've performed this 3 times this month as a closer to my stand-up show. After I take off the bag I throw a kabuki streamer into the audience and take my bow. Highly recommended!
Thank you very much for those kind words, John Gerard. I'm glad that you're enjoying it!

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
Hmm well You all Pretty Much have the Jist of the the Magic .. But I believe I must say it is a Great Routine .. never before have I had the single biggest reaction .. for an effect .. Not once BUT three Nights In a row, Loved BY Both Adults and KIDS , and Just like the DVD , the ending reaction was the Same ... it had dramma .. suspense then a GREAT release
Great job Jason and Ari Soroka
Best for 2009
Paul (okito25)
Paul:

Thank you so much for those kind words, and I'm really happy that you have joined the ranks of those who are enjoying the effect!

Please feel free to contact me if you (or any other readers of course!) have any other questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited
(416) 410-5766
Could anyone let me know if the "celebrity ***** or whatever it is" can be comfortably worn while wearing glasses? I really don't like removing my glasses, nor do I want to gunk them up while pulling a ******* etc. over my head.

Scott
[quote]
On 2009-01-30 19:44, srayproctor wrote:
Could anyone let me know if the "celebrity **** or whatever it is" can be comfortably worn while wearing glasses? I really don't like removing my glasses, nor do I want to gunk them up while pulling a ****** etc. over my head.

Scott
[/quote]

I remove my glasses. Can't really leave them on. With one ***** you can try I don't.

J
Just wanted share my experience with the red carpet.

I have been using it more than a year in my parlour shows. I can easily say that this routine is one of those that everyone remember and like. I don't easily recommend an effect, if you are into comedy or mentalism, buying this wont dissapoint you.
I know I’m late getting on The Red Carpet bus but this effect is outstanding. I love the ending and the props supplied. I would like to know if anyone has used the add on ending in a repeat show and what type response did you get? If they saw the effect before they know the ending even if the reveal is different. What did you think?
Magic Mike Gilliland
:wavey:
[quote]
On 2009-02-06 09:47, Magicmike40 wrote:
I know I�m late getting on The Red Carpet bus but this effect is outstanding. I love the ending and the props supplied. I would like to know if anyone has used the add on ending in a repeat show and what type response did you get? If they saw the effect before they know the ending even if the reveal is different. What did you think?
Magic Mike Gilliland
:wavey:
[/quote]

if they see a second ending with diffrent outcome,they get more crazy,confused,shocked,etc....
Thanks for the reply
Doruk Ülgen

:banana:
Here is my two cents worth....I get there eventually!

The Red Carpet & The Red Carpet: The Bonus Feature

Available from: http://www.paltergeist.com/theredcarpet.php & http://www.paltergeist.com/theredcarpet_bonusfeature.php

Price: The Red Carpet $210 - The Red Carpet: The Bonus Feature $110

Category: Parlor /stage Mentalism / Mental magic

Difficulty (1-5): 1

They say:
...You display a large sketch book of celebrity and character illustrations drawn by your friend. No, your friend is not a stalker—just an admirer of the rich and famous! The book contains 40 different images of famous people and personalities.

An audience member is brought on stage and allowed to randomly select one of the images from the book. The spectator mentally focuses on their chosen icon. Then, while you are blindfolded by the “Red Carpet” (actually a red fabric bag that covers your head to prohibit any peeking!), you actually fail to find the name. After what appears to be a botched attempt at entertaining and mystifying the crowd with an experiment in telepathy, you whip off the hood to reveal you have now transformed into the exact likeness of the chosen celebrity. A hilarious smash climax that will bring the audience to their feet!

***Please note that the 39 royalty-free images in the book were chosen so that they would be recognized by almost anyone from around the world. Here is just a sampling of SOME of the celebrities that you will find in the book: Albert Einstein, Queen Elizabeth, Elton John, Mick Jagger, Arnold Schwarchenegger, Superman, Mickey Mouse, Darth Vader, Bruce Lee, John Lennon, Nelson Mandela, Madonna, Princess Diana, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Tom Cruise and Gandhi. In addition, you can be rest assured that an audience of any age will have no doubt in their mind not only who the revealed icon is, but also that you look exactly like them when the red fabric bag is removed.

The Red Carpet comes complete with everything you need to perform the full routine, including all props, gimmicks, the detailed 8 minute audience-tested comedy script, a performance DVD, and live and broadcast performance rights.

Each trick is hand signed, numbered and comes in an authentic metal film-reel canister from the movies!

AND…

After many requests we have finally released THE BONUS FEATURE kit for use with your “The Red Carpet”. With this kit, you will be able to force an additional 3 characters from your sketchbook!

All of these characters were chosen as they are recognized by most everyone from around the world. The kit includes everything you need for the 3 extra reveals, including instructions, a presentation idea, and the additional 3 sets of 40 custom-embossed yellow numbered discs that exactly match the ones in the original trick (120 extra discs total).

I say:
What a package! The whole thing is beautifully presented and every need is catered to. I’m surprised that you don’t actually get Jason Palter in the film can dutifully wrapped in protective tissue to take you through the whole thing! All you need to do is read the instructions, watch the DVD, empty some chips into a bag and you are set.

The effect plays out very logically and offers a genuinely surprising and comic sucker punch to what could have been a pretty pedestrian mentalism routine, those differences really do kick this effect into another category altogether. Off-the-shelf quality… a rare beast indeed.

The effort that has gone into this product is clear; The Red Carpet is quality all the way through. The chips are well made and of a decent size. The colouring of them is equally logical and well considered. The bag that the chips go into is very slick indeed (the best I’ve seen) and the red cloth sack you fit over your head is very sexy…ok, maybe that’s an exaggeration but it is nice. The effect is as easy as it gets to perform and you really can concentrate on having fun with building up to a thoroughly entertaining climax.

The Red Carpet: The Bonus Feature is equally well appointed. You get a bunch of the bits you need to offer some variations for the basic routine and what’s more, you get a nice comic climax variation and props as well…blimey! I know I haven’t said much about the “bonus Feature” but it is simply a good deal and gives you loads of options in terms of performances.

In conclusion:
If you want to perform mentalism or mental magic in a classic, formal setting (although this could be done for small informal groups without too much concern) and you like a broad and punchy ending then this could well be a seriously good investment for you.

The celebrities in the lushly illustrated “portfolio” you present to the spectator are pretty international. Some of them are more “North American” than others but for those of us in the “uncivilized world” this is easily overcome without any hardship and it will have NO bearing on the final effect or audience reaction and that’s what this is about…reaction. This isn’t a magician fooler…thank goodness… I mean honestly, who cares? No, this one is for the audience and I think they will be very well entertained indeed and YOU, as a performer, will actually enjoy performing it.

Rating 1-10: A super-solid and commercial 9.5 out of 10
Hello all:

WOW! Tom, that was such a nice review; thank you so much for those wonderful comments! I'm glad that you are really enjoying my trick, and despite what you wrote, I still think you're civilized! lol

Please let me know if you have any questions or thoughts, Tom (and everyone else for that matter). Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited/Tenyo Elite
(416) 410-5766
I'm late to the party...don't roll up the rug yet!

What an extremely lovely package of magic "The Red Carpet" is.
So well produced...the entire product is simply top notch and very well presented.

It is hard to imagine anyone not finding this routine highly entertaining fun, audiences certainly will.
This looks good and I'm pretty close to a purchase. Two questions:

First, I typically shy away from number-type forces because they seem, well, forced. Is there some justification for the chips? Is this force strong enough, as it seems that any magical outcome in the routine is riding on it?

Second, for those that are using this for large groups, how do you handle using a mike when you have a bag over your head?
The justification for the chips is just fine. The force is unusually strong with this routine as all interest is completely upon the celebrity sketches and the performer with a bag over their head.

Handling a hand held microphone with a bag over your head is very funny visually...you will incorporate it readily into the bit.
Force will really go unnoticed with the right patter, people will not even think that you could have somehow forced anything....

As Eddie sad,mike is not a problem at all....
[quote]
On 2009-04-03 12:29, bsears wrote:
This looks good and I'm pretty close to a purchase. Two questions:

First, I typically shy away from number-type forces because they seem, well, forced. Is there some justification for the chips? Is this force strong enough, as it seems that any magical outcome in the routine is riding on it?

Second, for those that are using this for large groups, how do you handle using a mike when you have a bag over your head?
[/quote]

The outcome is the entire routine. Get to it anyway you can and you are golden. I personally use one of those Internet bags by Bavli I believe. Mic is easy to handle no problem.

J
Hey guys,

I thought I would chime in here. I have owned Jason's "Red Carpet" for over a year and I even bought the expansion pack for it last summer.

I have never met Jason or conversed with him in any way and my opinion here is simply as a user of this fine effect.

First I would like to say that it plays very well and the surprise ending really can't be beat. The props are very well made and for the price, I was happy as a clam. I have used it in my more corporate formal and black tie events and it always goes over extremely well. I will add that I have taken the patter that Jason uses and customized it to be my own stye which any of us should do anyway as our own styles are what make us truly entertaining and unique to our audience.

My performance is a little more risque and I get away with some very colorful humour when the "red carpet" is on my head. I also incorporate the assistant (always female) in my case in a very funny manner that involves me being, lets say very close to her while presenting the effect and especially when the "hood" is over my head and some harmless touching as well. I won't go into details with that as it is what makes it my unique adaptation but lets just say I get a whole lot of extra laughs for about a minute just with my addition.

Please note, The Red Carpet is one of those very few comedy stand up mentalism/magic routines that will get you quite a few "comedy" bits, laughter and a very unique presentation. I have even added music to a couple of the expansion presentations as well.

Once again, I have never met Jason, emailed him or had any contact with him whatsoever so this is my humble, honest and REAL opinion on his product.

Jason has made this routine super easy to do and it will really allow you to open up your character and act the whole way through. That is my kind of magic folks!

Well done Jason,

Tony Chris
I have to agree this is such a good routine I sometimes use it as a closer. It even works in kid shows if you tell the kids not to blurt out the sketch selected. It is really powerful as you fumble and embarrass yourself, sighing loudly under the blindfold bag and making excuses and wild guesses . . .

I have spoken with Jason Palter once, but have no other connection or reason to give anything other than my honest view, which is a wholehearted endorsement. This is one of my half dozen best tricks . . .
It sounds like a great product? I'm impressed by the reviews sounds like it is worth buying and carrying.
Hello all:

Let me first thank you for those great comments; I'm so glad that you are enjoying my trick! I met with Jeff McBride in Las Vegas last month, where Peter Loughran, Steve Brooks and I were debuting Tenyo Elite at the World Magic Seminar. Jeff and I had a chat about the effect (which he uses in his show, loves, and was very kind to give me a wonderful testimonial which you will see on my site on "The Red Carpet" page: [url]http://www.paltergeist.com/theredcarpet.php[/url]). He was mentioning how incredibly simple the trick is to perform, and how it allows you to focus on the presentation and entertainment of your crowd. The 8-minute script was carefully crafted to allow you to add parts (and take away of course) if you'd like, and as Tony Chris said, it does truly allow yourself to be free with your "character" and have fun with it.

Secondly, in regards to the microphone questions, may I also add that this is covered in the instructions (for handheld AND headset mics), so there should be no problem at all during performance.

We have these in stock right now and they are available directly from our site (or just call me). Anyhow, please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
Paltergeist Unlimited / Tenyo Elite
(416) 410-5766
Just a note of praise... Those of you who are worried about the small stuff...
Re: The force, The reveal.. etc. Please remember that this is a piece comedy magic. If you are a are "serious" performer, don't even try this effect. It takes a little bit of comedic skill to entertain with this effect. Check out an effect called "The Silent Treatment". This is a great effect also but it is not for everyone. Don't do it if you feel intimidated by it. This is not ment to be mind-alreting magic. ( aka: David Blaine or Chris Angel). This is pure satire with a touch of magic. In my shows, this absolutely kills. It's not always about the magic... We are entertainers. Purchase your magic wisely.... http://www.dbmagic.net
Also a note to Jason.. Love the effect... keep up the great work....
Hi David:

Thank you for those kind words. I'm glad that you are getting such great use out of my trick! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you all again for your time and for your business.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
(416) 410-5766
I do a comedy mime set. At the end I'm someone who would normally have had a bag on their head anyway, and when I take it off......
To be honest I got my idea whilst watching Simon Lovell in the late eighties. I'm just wondering if this is based on watching Lovell do that routine?
If so, I actually do this already. Coincidentally of course. And IF so, if you pm me I'll give away a great idea for the close.

bobser
Happy to help all who pm'd me. Hope it helps. And no I don't believe for a second Jason got his idea from Simon Lovell. Although I did and it's very very very very funny.
I have also seen this effect on a Japanese magician's video before. The celebrities names were written on cards and a selection is made from there but the reveal is the same.
Hi aussiemagic:

Thanks for looking out for my "The Red Carpet"! lol

Do you by chance have the link for that Japanese magician's video? I would love to see it!

Best regards,

Jason Palter
(416) 410-5766
Message: Posted by: sacramentohypnosis (Apr 21, 2012 07:27AM)
I bought this secondhand from ebay (as wa sunable to find it on sale any longer in magic stores I use as they said it was sold out)

I feel the investment was worth my money for the inspiration that it gave me to create with a colleague of mine a more (in our minds at least)
believable routine and handling.

After much work and such like, our version has now been manufactured by us from scratch and the actual full routine of the effect is as follows.

A Large A4 Obviously home printed and home assembled laminated book is picked up and shown to audience.

It is explained that this is your daughters DVD colection guide, its a modern version of the book many of us kept telling us on which
Blank Video Tape we had recorded what shows and which tapes had blank space etc. (this usually gets a laugh from some of audience as they
recall having kept their own Video Book or knowing someone who did)

You show the pages of the Book freely and it can be seen that each page of the 26 pages contains Six different images of childrens
cartoon and film characters, making over 150 different images they could choose from in total.

Its explained that you play a game with your indecisive daughter to helo her choose which DVD to watch in bed at night to go to
sleep to and this involves her randomly picking a number card, then finding the page in the book that relates to that number card
and finally then randomly picking one of the six images on that page which in turn relates to one of the many DVDs in her collection, which
then becomes the one she watches that night in bed.

You also explain how this helps to teach her numbers and words (names of the characters and films etc) so is educational as well
as fun for her.

Four people are randomly picked from the audience by tossing out a small stuffed toy, a lucky mascot that your daughter gave you before
coming to the show to wish you luck.

These four people each select a number card from a childrens nursery learning numbers set (makes sense as this is what you do with your daughter or son) and hold it against their chest, the book is handed to volunteer number one who then looks at their card, discovers the random number they have chosen and then finds that corresponding page in the book.

They are then asked to confirm that there are six DIFFERENT images on the page which they do, then are instructed to remember one of the DIFFERENT choices of character they have on that page (yes they have a free choice of which character) and then told to hand the book to the second volunteer...

This procedure is repeated with volunteer two and finally number three until the fourth person is left holding the book who you tell to
keep it closed for now.

You ask the first three poeple to think of the random characters that they freely selected and to project them in their minds onto a cinema screen etc...

You then after various presentational angles reveal the names of each of the three characters that are being thought of, and one by one
in turn they confirm that you have got them correct and as the audience applauds each correct revelation the voluneers are in turn sent
back to the audience.

You then explain that perhaps its possible that your so familar with the book, tis number of pages and the six different characters on each page, that perhaps by perhiphal vision you had uncosnciouly been able to estimate which page had been opened to, and from experinece with your daughter had a good idea which was the most often picked character on that page and so just in case, you decided to make it even harder for yourself and so will attempt the next one both blindfolded and also with your back to the volunteer.

You place a bag on your head and stand with your back to the final onstage volunteer and ask him to find his freely selected page and then to remember just one of the six (and yes there are six images on each page) and to concentrate on it...

You start to reveal things which the volunteer confirms are CORRECT and relate to the character they have in mind...

However then you name the character outright and get it WRONG - YES YOU GET IT WRONG...

The volunteer is asked to name the character they were actually thinking of and then to return to the audience
as they take a round of applause leaving you centre stage with a bag over your head apparently having failed and due
to the full patter story used (not fully detailed in this post) apparently having let your daughter down greatly..

You then say a few words which are the key to this routine (which obviously not going to reveal here as me and my colleague
want to be the only people performing this in our acts) which sets things up perfectly for you to remove the bag from your head
making the reveal that your head has now turned into a prediction of the exact character that they freely choose.

Also because of the way the patter story has been designed to truly Emotionally Engage the audienece on many levels, and also
due to the use of certain music at the very end of the routine, this has become a hugely entertaining and baffling ten to 12 minutes end of show routine that Always to date without fail has resulted in a Standing Ovation (thanks not just to the trick itself, but mainly due to the psychologically engaging manner of the patter used)

In fact now I think about it what we ended up with is very, very different to "Red Carpet" but the inspiration was taken from their so many thanks to Jason Palter for having released that, which was the inspiration for this routine.

Incidentally I've posted this here to a) Say Thanks for the inspiration to Jason Palter and b) to illustrate that with a little time and thought, routines you buy can be expenaded, adapted and made original to you.

I do not give permission for anyone (at this time) to perform the routine in this manner and in this way unless they first seek
written permission from me, as I am sure you'll understand.
This effect has been unavailable for quite some time, but I wanted to let people know that MJM Magic is now carrying this again! If you search for "Red Carpet" on our website, you will see it come up.

Glad to see Jason put this back on the market! Definitely a worker for professional stage magicians.
This has always been one of my favorite effects. Requires zero focus so it is all on the presentation. Tons of room for humour and interacting with the audience and spec. And a wonderful final amazement.
Hello all:

Thank you for the kind words Jeff and John. Yes it is true, I have just completed a second manufacturing run for "The Red Carpet", and it is back in stock!

You can order directly from our site, or get it from your favourite magic dealer (and if they don't have it in stock, tell 'em to contact me and I'll get them some right away! lol).

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Jason Palter
(416) 410-5766
Re-viving this topic, how is this effect holding on years later. Has anything change with the ever growing celebrity pool?
I've performed this effect a few times recently. It gets a pretty strong reaction, particularly at Superhero themed birthday parties! :)

I play a theme song (Richard Cheese version) right after the reveal (makes me smile).
[quote]On May 1, 2016, paisa23 wrote:
Re-viving this topic, how is this effect holding on years later. Has anything change with the ever growing celebrity pool? [/quote]

It still plays very well. I've been working it since it came out. Everyone still knows the main celebrity and will do for many years. It's a bit of a coincidence, but just before I read this post I was preparing two more celebrities to add to the drawing book for a show this week.Just add new celebrities when needed.

Chappelly
Is this currently available?
Yes...
Thank You!
I agree this is holding up very well. I use it if I get a birthday party show or something on that level. I normally have one big show in the San Diego area once a year and then very few small parties pop up. So I keep this at the ready and it does get really nice reactions.

Good magic to all,

Eric
I used it twice this year. To the best applause.
Hello all:

Just wanted to let you know that my "The Red Carpet" is still alive and well, and available from my site (or your local dealer) if you are interested. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your time,

Jason Palter
I've been performing Red Carpet for a couple of years now and it has never failed to deliver a tremendous audience reaction. For this reason, I usually make it the finale of my show. To try to do anything afterward would be a letdown! If you buy Jason's deluxe version, it comes with several outcomes. This is one of those effects that will fuel your imagination due to its versatility and comic potential. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Hello all:

Thank you alan1954 for your positive comments. "The Red Carpet" has been one of my bestsellers since it was released in 2007, and they are almost always in stock due to the demand. I still perform it in my shows all the time, and as you said, the reaction from the audience is always amazing. Thank you again!

Jason Palter
I purchased this when it first came out and I STILL LOVE IT! The original reveal is still relevant, and will be for years to come.
A wise choice!!