(Close Window)
Topic: Cloud Busting Secrets Book: A Brief Review
Yesterday I completed reading the new cloud busting secrets book by Devin Knight and Jerome Finley. It is an extraordinary encyclopedic book on a vast amount of effects using clouds. The explanations are detailed without being redundant or over bearing. The text is well written and easy to comprehend. However, just because the text is easy to read, does not mean that you will only have to read this book once. It will take several readings to truly understand and grasp the physical, emotional and psychological subtleties explained in the book to perform these effects to their maximum impact.

The actual, basic technique of cloud busting is not difficult. In fact, it is relatively easy. Devin Knight and Jerome Finely go into detail as to what tpe of clouds to look for and how to create the effects. It does take some practice to find the right clouds and to know what to look for but it does not take long. Devin explains everything in clear detail. You can practice while walking or just lying down in the park, beach or backyard. The effects range from cloud busting, to cloud producing, how to change clouds to resemble animals, how to make a card prediction using clouds, etc. This book contains more effects using clouds than what you will probably ever use.

Not all of the effects are practical. Making clouds appear is not a practical effect, as Devin Knight admits. Also, some of the effects such as using clouds in a card prediction effect can only be done if you are lucky. This type of effect cannot be planned unlike the basic or more advanced cloud busting effects can be done just about on any given clear, cloud filled summer or fall day. However, Devin does provide the necessary information so that if the opportunity is there, you can take advantage of it. My least favorite effects dealt with making clouds to resemble animal shapes and numbers.

Devin fully discusses numerous routines using basic cloud busting techniques. My favorites include themes involving voodoo and gypsies. The strongest one involves cloud busting in conjunction with The Rainmaker item. If you can do this routine just once, you will have a true reputation maker. It is a very strong routine.

Devin even includes a method to bust a cloud over a cell phone which is strong.

Jerome Finley discusses a lot of advanced cloud busting techniques which must be read several times to fully grasp the impact of these techniques. It is quite interesting. Mr. Jerome even discusses how to use Mr. Richard Osterlind's ODD's drawing duplication with cloud busting. Very interesting stuff.

All in all this book is very interesting and most of the effects are practical with some practice. The true skill is not to make the cloud bust but to make it interesting and to make an emotional hook. Devin Knight and Jerome Finely go into detail so as to give you all of the necessary tools to make cloud busting an effect that you spectators will never forget.

Highly recommended.

Michael
Wow, Thanks!

Faster than I thought.
Thanks Michael for your comments. We don't claim every item in the book is practical. Most are, but to make the book truly encyclopedic in nature, we wanted to include every possibility. If certain things happen, you will be able to take advantage of it.

WE are both surprised that you didn't mention anything about our weather changing techniques which encompass about a third of the book.

Devin
Is the effect in conjunction with the rainmaker practical to do most clouded days or is it hard to get the conditions right Michael.
cheerz
Michael can respond once he returns, but I can say that the Rainmaker/Cloud effect is
100% practical and is not only the strongest effect in the book but one of the most practical and easiest to do.

In fact in one section of the book, I show you a surefire way to not only do the rainmaker/cloud effect but to almost immediately get a crowd of 20 to 30 people watching WITHOUT YOU APPROACHING ANYONE. They will all approach you believe it, or not...tell them Michael.

Devin
I think that everyone should be careful of the intial reviews...

read this work a few times guys...

I know this stuff is deep -- many of you may not get it right off the bat...

a failure to grasp the content and slamming it is just as ignorant as reviewing something site unseen...

This stuff is dynamite...give it the time it deserves.
I will add to this little fun thread.
Well I have lucked out two times so far. First off when I heard that Jerome was writing a book on Cloud Busting I asked him to show me the effect. I was able to sit down with Jerome and be amazed by what he has created.

The second time is now. I live close to Jerome, so I was able to get my hands on the Cloud Busting book!! I have read through that bad dog and am ready to give you my thoughts.

Jerome taught me enough to get going a few months ago. Since that time I have been watching clouds and learning what I could. I even busted two clouds for people and the reactions were legendary!! I now watch clouds while I am outside and I am getting better and better at this. It will take a bit of time to get this all down. The method is really simple it is all the nuances that Jerome and Devin cover that make the actual effect WORK WELL.

I can¡¦t imagine that there is much left to cover on Cloud Busting after you read this book. Jerome and Devin have gone into great detail on how to pull off this amazing effect. In the book Devin or Jerome (can¡¦t remember which one right now) mentioned that they expect some will buy this book read it and then never actually perform this effect for one reason or another. Those people will be missing the boat!! I also think people will read this and over look how powerful this actually is. In a greedy kind of way I am glad that people will react that way. ƒº All I know is in Utah we have really large mountains and have had about 2 tornados in the last 100 years. Well just two days ago another one came a long. I doubt it is much of a coincidence that it happened right next to Jeromes house. ƒº In my opinion if you learn from Jerome and Devin and apply the principals that they teach this one effect could be the most powerful thing that you perform! I hope I can get it to that point.

I will give a further review once I have performed this on several spectators.
I don't have the book, but I did visit Devin at his home a number of years ago and he busted a cloud for me. So I can vouch for the fact that he knows what he is talking about.

Terry
I mentioned this in the other thread and it got lost among the hundreds of comments. I will state it again. Everything in the book has been done at one time or another by either Jerome or myself. There is nothing in the book that can not be done.

Some things will take more practice and as Michael mentioned sometimes its a matter of luck. That luck does happen and when it does it is a miracle.

Regardless, in the book are three effects worth the price of the book.

Rainmaker Cloud
Gypsy Swindle
Voodoo Cloud

The last two are the methods I use the most. In fact they are so strong that Jerome
sort of wished I hadn't put them in the book, but I held nothing back.

If you don't use anything else in the book, doing Gypsy Swindle can make a reputation for you. It alone in my opinion is worth the price of the book, even if you never use anything else. The plot will hook a spectator and as he sees the cloud changing to absorb his bad luck, he will be dumbfounded. In most cases he will think you have real powers. I'm not going to say more about plot. I want to save it for those who buy the book. Again this routine alone is worth the book.

Devin
Thanks for the reviews, guys. Very interesting stuff, just as I expected.
I live in Australia so I guess I'll have to wait another week or so before I get my hands on this book. Ahh, the anticipation...
Cheers,
Jason
Devin,

Sorry I failed to mention in my brief review the chapter involving the baility to change the weather. I only wanted to write a brief review since I was preparing for a show. I am now preparing for another show so I will make a brief comment about it.

In the chapter involving how to change the weather, Devin Knight gives detailed instructions as to how to make it warmer on a particular day, how to stop it from raining on a particular day even though teh long term forcast said it would rain on that day. Devin even tells you how to make a rainbow appear. The chapter lists several internet sources to assist you in making these effects possible. I think these type of effects would probably work best after you have established yourself as having the ability to bust clouds. I do not know how reliable it is using these methods to change the weather since I have not tried them yet but Devin has in fact used them and they certainly worked for him. The effects would be fun to try and Devin givces you everything you need to begin.

Someone previously wanted to know how practical it is to use The Rainmaker effect with cloud busting. I think it is extremely practical. I have The Rainmaker but have nto tried it yet in conjunction with Devin's cloud busting effects. Using the two effects together is a reputation maker. THe other effects such as using voodoo and gypsy themes are fantastic.

Once again I highly recommend this book. It is full of intersting theories and thought provking ideas. It does indeed take more than several readings to truly understand the depth of these theories but the book is fun to read and fun to practice.

Best regards,

Michael
Sounds like a book to study for a while and having effect(s) you can do at one time or another.
[quote]
On 2007-07-29 18:10, Blindside785 wrote:
Sounds like a book to study for a while and having effect(s) you can do at one time or another.
[/quote]

I appreciate these initial reviews. There should be more very soon! ;)

Again, you can do effects from the book ANYTIME there are clouds. Devin prefers to work in different seasons, I do my work with clouds YEAR ROUND. If there is a cloud, I'm all in!

Best,
Jerome.
Clouds are needed to be busted lol,

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7016/img225jv7.jpg
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5861/img227jk7.jpg

yeah I was bored with a camera phone just a few minutes ago
Where can I order the book ?!! Thanks !
I don't think you can anymore.
I don't own this site, but I got it from here and is still waiting for the Grand Arrival.

http://www.aleena.com/tilford/index.html

Cheers.
[quote]
On 2007-07-28 22:32, Jeff Richards wrote:

a failure to grasp the content and slamming it is just as ignorant as reviewing something site unseen...

[/quote]

Spare me this type of BS, please.

Cloudbusting has been around a LONG time. It doesn't take that long to "get." There's a reason why an effect that's been around so long isn't performed very often and it's not because it's difficult to do, it's because it's almost completely transparent to most educated spectators. It's always been an effect that magicians are more enamored with than real people.
[quote]
On 2007-07-29 23:59, Magicsquared wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-07-28 22:32, Jeff Richards wrote:

[/quote]

Spare me this type of BS, please.

Cloudbusting has been around a LONG time. It doesn't take that long to "get." There's a reason why an effect that's been around so long isn't performed very often and it's not because it's difficult to do, it's because it's almost completely transparent to most educated spectators. It's always been an effect that magicians are more enamored with than real people.

[/quote]

haha I will just have to step up and disagree with that. It has been around a long time, but that does not mean it was easy to find the information to learn it.

As for it being "transparent". I think that depends on the performer. You certainly can make it lame and boring if you wanted to, or were not cabable of doing it well. Some people can make a ball and a tube a freaking miracle. Others cant. I guess it depends on where you are standing and how hard you are willing to work to knock the socks off someone. For me I'll do whatever it takes blow your mind.
[quote]
On 2007-07-30 00:07, chichi711 wrote:

As for it being "transparent". I think that depends on the performer. You certainly can make it lame and boring if you wanted to, or were not cabable of doing it well. Some people can make a ball and a tube a freaking miracle. Others cant. I guess it depends on where you are standing and how hard you are willing to work to knock the socks off someone. For me I'll do whatever it takes blow your mind.
[/quote]

Chichi, it's the methodology behind cloudbusting that makes it transparent, not the performance.

Nice try though.
Obviously we wont get anywhere here, so I will end now, but what I said is very very true. Have a good one.

Nate
I've done cloud busting for over 15 years and I've fooled thousands of people with it including reporters and gotten stories in papers all over the country by doing it.

True maybe you won't fool a scientist with this stuff, but you will fool the majority of the public. Those who have used cloud busting on spectators realize just how well it goes over. Using cloud busting as I suggest along with Rainmaker and you may fool a scientist too. The routines we give in the book, take cloud busting to a new level. They conceal the method and make it far from being transparent.

Jerome is one of the most talked about people in his area for his ability to vanish clouds. He has almost become a legend. You don't achieve this status by doing something that is transparent to spectators.

During spring, I often will drop in at one of the local colleges during lunch time. I will perform cloud busting for students sitting outdoors during lunch time. I've done it for large groups of these educated people. I have yet to have these people explain to me how it was done. Instead I wind up freaking them out.

When you point to a cloud and that cloud vanishes and ALL THE OTHERS around it remain intact...well that is not transparent.

In the book we explain how most of public assumes clouds operate. Most of the public assumes that clouds simply get blown away. Why? Because they have seen movie bits where the cloud movement is speeded up.

I've done cloud busting for people with Masters and PHDs and fooled the heck out of them. You'd have to assume these people are educated. Call it BS if you wish, but those of us who do this for real now the power and impact it can have on your reputation.
This may have been mentioned before, but if so it is lost in the 29 pages of the other thread.

When Jerome causes a cloud to bust, the people watching him SEE the energy. Jerome begins to sweat, his body begins to glow and his skin turns red and stays that way during the busting of the cloud. If someone touches him, HE IS HOT to the touch.

This secret behind this is explained in the book. When people see this going on while the cloud is busting, the method no longer is transparent. From seeing the reaction this is causing to Jerome's body, people realize some kind of force or energy is coming forth from Jerome's body. They assume this energy is causing the cloud to vanish.
I just ordered the book from http://www.aleena.com/tilford/CloudBusting.html !! alright !!
[quote]
On 2007-07-30 00:23, Magicsquared wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-07-30 00:07, chichi711 wrote:

[/quote]

Chichi, it's the methodology behind cloudbusting that makes it transparent, not the performance.

Nice try though.
[/quote]

I have been doing cloudbusting since Kenton's Wonder Words and it always plays big.
I just purchased Devin and Jerome's book and know it will be great.

Magicsquared, have you ever tried cloudbusting?
James
You haven't had the a theatrical experience, or a truly "magical" experience until you have seen cloudbusting done by a credible master of the subject.

I can only hope and prey that through this book I become half of the talent Jerome Finely is...

I will also point out that it seems no one who has written a review on the book has actually grasped the material inside. From what I have been told -- you're all missing the point...

And as for you Magicsquared....

I heard something in reference to magicians recently... "Great entertainers, horrible people..." Commenting on the work of another having ZERO knowledge on the subject of that work. That seems pretty unethical.

All too often people reading this board fall into the trap of the "blind leading the blind". Realize that Magicsquared probably has no real working knowledge of clouds -- or the art of busting them. The next time you're ill -- seek medical advice from the kid down the street that just "LOVES GREY'S ANATOMY". Skip the real doctors -- they don't know what the hell they are talking about. Go to the guy who loves watching people pretend to be doctors on TV. Surely he is a much more credible source than a real world working proffesional...

Magicsquared...

I leave you with this quote from a classic film -- I think it fits perfectly with your jabs here on the Café...

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
[quote]
On 2007-07-30 08:26, Jeff Richards wrote:

I will also point out that it seems no one who has written a review on the book has actually grasped the material inside. From what I have been told -- you're all missing the point...

[quote]

Jeff,

With all due respect, if you feel that my reivew or anyone else's review on this or any other book failed to grasp the material inside the book, you should not base that opinion upon what you have been told by others but rather should be based upon your own experience and readings. If you have not read the book, you are not in the position to judge anyone's review. After you have read the book, if in fact you decide to do, I and many other people would certainly look forward to your review and opinions as I am always willing to learn from others.

THis is an excellenet book with a a lot of practical effects and a great resource book.

Best wishes,

Michael
I always laugh out loud when so-called performers bash an effect because they think the method is so simple. The greatest performers that I've been fortunate to learn from have taught me that it's 90% presentation/ 10% method. I have made women cry with the cross-cut force. I am not a bully who enjoys making women cry, but I have created an emotionally-strong tarot reading with a strong ending. I never take to heart the advice of those who bash an effect based on its method. I will be the first to admit that there are some cruddy methods out there. But combined with a strong, emotional presentation, even they can pass for great effects. It's especially funny when creators are bashed because their effects won't fool "educated" people. Firstly, that kind of comment is just rude and assumptive. Secondly, sometimes the easiest people to "fool" are those who think they have all the answers. Personally, I've never had to worry about whether my audience was "educated" or not, because I'm not worried about fooling them. I only worry about entertaining them and sharing a moment of fun and excitement. Maybe that is the problem with the perspective of some "performers". Too much focus on hiding the method and not enough focus on being interesting to watch. What's ironic is that the best way to hide a method is to wrap it with a strong presentation.

I'm only halfway through the book, and I have already busted a cloud for my neighbor about a half hour ago when she was home on her lunch break. She's a social worker, and I believe her to be very intelligent. Whether or not she knew the method, her reaction that of amazement. It might help that we already have a good relationship and she has seen many of my performances. It might also help that I didn't just "point and shoot". But I think what helps me the most when I entertain people is that I'm not a jerk who believes that my primary job is to fool people. Even "educated" people can appreciate that and just enjoy being entertained.
Oops, sorry, hit enter too soon. I just wanted to add that I love the ideas in the book and the thinking behind the effects. I am actually relieved upon reading it because this is the kind of stuff that takes study and practice, which should eliminate the mildly curious and secret hoarders from going out and putting the work in to actually perform some of these effects.

Great work guys!
Geesh, I never knew there could be so much bickering going on with the release of such a powerful book!

All I have to say (because it came from Jerome and Devin's mouth - errr fingers, and they know best) is that we really all should read and reread the book to fully comprehend the material.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN that we can't review the book and give our initial thoughts and a brief review. That is FINE! Review all you want on your thoughts on the [b]book[/b], and then after you have reread and comprehended more, and put the work to the test, come back and review the [b]real work[/b]. It's all good. Stop the fighting. =]

Best to all,
-Vinnie
Well said, Vinnie. I'm hoping today, that at least someone will review the QUALITY of the publication. Not the contents. We spent a lot of time and effort to make this a super professional looking magic book. I hope some of you will make comments on this.

We cut no corners and paid for a FULL Color cover, we could have done a two color. The full color cost us an additional 500.00 but I felt it was worth it to ensure you guys got the nicest book we could release.

Devin
Okay, I knew my opinion was going to go over like a lead balloon, but I offered it anyways. I didn't mean to get in the way of everyone's sycophancy.

That's not to say Devin didn't write the bible of cloudbusting. It's only to say that the fundamental principle behind cloudbusting (and other weather related effects) is transparent. And by the way, "transparent" does not mean "simple" for those of you who misinterpreted it. Transparent, in this context, means "obvious."

Devin, I would love to see a sampling of the dozens (100s?) of articles written about your ability to control the weather. I can't find any online and a LexisNexis search came up empty as well. But I might have been searching on the wrong parameters. I mean, it's great to hear all these anecdotes but I'd love to see some of the actual press.

[quote]
On 2007-07-30 08:26, Jeff Richards wrote:

And as for you Magicsquared....

I heard something in reference to magicians recently... "Great entertainers, horrible people..." Commenting on the work of another having ZERO knowledge on the subject of that work. That seems pretty unethical.

All too often people reading this board fall into the trap of the "blind leading the blind". Realize that Magicsquared probably has no real working knowledge of clouds -- or the art of busting them. The next time you're ill -- seek medical advice from the kid down the street that just "LOVES GREY'S ANATOMY". Skip the real doctors -- they don't know what the hell they are talking about. Go to the guy who loves watching people pretend to be doctors on TV. Surely he is a much more credible source than a real world working proffesional...

Magicsquared...

I leave you with this quote from a classic film -- I think it fits perfectly with your jabs here on the Café...

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
[/quote]

Jeff,

I'm not a full-time, professional magician, but I work in entertainment and have a pretty solid understanding of what is powerful and what is entertaining. Not only that, but I have a third-grade education so I know how water-vapor acts as do most of my friends and family, unfortunately.

And just a quick heads-up, if the most clever and stinging retort you can make to someone is to lob a quote from a movie at them I would say don't bother with the retort. It doesn't reflect so well on your creativity.
Some of the press is on the cover of Incredible Feats of Jason Michaels.
Magicsquared,

I value your input, and am not upset at your comments. I offer the following;

* THIS IS A THREAD FOR REVIEWS (please, let's keep it that way.)

* Cloud busting in the past may or may not have been transparent . . . it really depends on who was performing it, and what school of thought they hailed from. Devin and I have taken this work to new levels, changed up the methods, incorporated a whole new world of work and subtletey, and the end result is far from transparent, in my experience. This is cloud busting like you have not seen before, I promise.

* I have used cloud busting in my paid, professional work for many years. I place it in my top 5 or 6 most requested and most powerful demonstrations. The results, for me, speak for themselves. This is how I make my living.

* Magicsquared, I'm not mad at ya ;) I value your input as much as the next guy. I only ask that for the sake of this thread, that you read and review the book if joining in the reviews is something that interests you. I've worked hard on this book, and many professionals have already spoken for it and stand behind our work. Also, it is early and there are only a few reviews thus far, and they are great ones.

* We can all get along here. Magicsquared offered his opinion. To be honest, I felt the same way about most of the available material concerning cloud busting. That's why I wrote this book. Please stop the attacks and harsh words, everybody.

* Thanks again to everyone for your support. Keep the reviews coming!!!

Peace,
Jerome Finley.
Jerome,

You're right, I didn't mean to make this thread about cloudbusting in general.

I just bristle when I hear people say things like if you "don't get" a book then it's probably "too deep" for you to understand it. That always strikes me as a pathetic last ditch attempt to defend something.

In all honesty I hope everyone gets something of value from the material and good luck with it.
Devin,

This eager waiting is driving me crazy!!!
heheheheh I'm kidding.
I am hoping when I get home a copy of the book will be in my mailbox, of course
that all depends if you shipped it out on Friday!
Anyways, I guess I will wait and see.
Best of luck to both Jerome and Devin.
ALEX
Alex, it shipped Friday, I sent you a PM with the tracking number. Hope you get it today.

Devin
When will/have Jerome's books go/gone out?
I received my book today and after reading the first 35 pages, I could not keep reading. I had to try this out. I went outside and the first cloud I picked busted completely within a minute or two. Even knowing the method, I really felt the experience (an almost giddy feeling). I have no doubt that with no less than a mediocre of presentation will make others believe in what you claim you will do.

I hope that my short experience doesn't get lambasted but I felt I must say that this does work and is not a pipedream. There is a bit in the book to drawing a crowd that is so easy and fits the situation so perfect that will make you smile. I'm looking forward to reading the rest!

The physical quality of the book itself is very nice and reminds me of the Karl Fulves self-working series of books. The typesetting is easy to read and is typical Devin Knight instruction which doesn't translate that well to a typical book format. A more detailed table of contents would be an improvement.
To be clear...

I was speaking about the common practice of reviewing something you have never laid eyes on...

Magicsquared

that's what your review felt like...

sorry...

calling a spade a spade...
I've just now received my books. They look great and will begin shipping immediately. I wish they were going out today, but each one needs to be signed and they will ALL ship out tomorrow.

Best,
J.
Agh ship mine today, I'll give you an extra 6 bucks lol..well as long as I get it I guess. Been checking on forums and blah for almost half a year waiting just for this book lol
YAY!!! Can't wait to get mine!!! =]

I'm looking forward to really going out and doing this!!

-Vinnie
Kicking myself I didn't order from Devin, I'm gonna be gone about the time the book gets to me lol. Would love to hear more stories and experiences from people bustin' :P
Blind,

I'm signing the books now. I'll pick up the difference (just for you!), and make sure your book arrives before you leave.

Best,
Jerome.
Thank you much!
After re-reading my post from another's perspective, I realize that my post came off overly caustic and aimed directly at Magicsquared, which it wasn't. I apologize for it appearing that way. I was ranting more in general than at anyone specific. In my head I think I was just bracing for a slew of negative reviews from people who hadn't even bothered to purchase the book and read it. I personally believe that any method is "transparent" if the effect is poorly performed or performed as a puzzle and not a magical effect, regardless of whether the method is simple or complex. I should have been more careful in my wording because I didn't mean it to sound so mean spirited. I'm usually more effective in communicating on forums. I don't think it helped that I had just come inside from busting a cloud for my neighbor, so I was still pumped up from that and got deflated from the negative comments. I'm not making excuses for my words, just trying to reassure Magicsquared that I'm not a jerk and that I meant no ill-will directly at Magicsquared. Sorry everyone.
Cloudbusting...

I have been jerome finely's friend for quite some time. I'm writing this review not as a friend, but as a fan.

Jerome has a level of skill on this subject matter that most of us can only dream of ever attaining. There is little that jerome does not know about the subject of cloudbusting. Bring together the mind of devin knight, and you have a devestating combo.

This book will no doubt dissapoint many. A note about that. If you were dissapointed by this masterwork you probably fit into one of three catagories...

1) you enjoy cool new toys and gimmicks. Take a lesson. The strongest gimmick you have in your arsenal is the spongy stuff between your ears and the hole in the center of your face, commonly reffered to s a mouth. Realize that you can work wonders far more impressive than any cuing device or impression pad is capable of using your mouth. Words are the most powerful force in the world.

2) you're dellusional and were some how expecting to be given the superhuman ability to control the weather.

3) you didn't get it. I mean REALLY get it. You read it. But you have no idea what the main point of the work you have before you really was. You may never get it. Some are ***ed to live in a world of ignorance until the end of time.

All others...

Realize that what you have been given here is strong enough to start religions. I know that phrase is overused, but here it is true. Jerome is a genious. He has carefully crafted an encyclopedic work on an incredible subject.

No detail or nuance has been left out. Jerome and devin have given you the straight goods on cloudbusting. This is not just a pipe dream. The concept is not 'transparent' as some have suggested. Its real, its bold, it is devestating.

I'm quite happy that this work was so limited. What makes me even happier is half of you bought it and have no idea what you have in front of you.

A part of me hopes you never realize...

I'd be more than happy to own the entire run of this book. All the copies just for me.

Make no mistake jerome finely is the next big thing in this art. His thinking is on a separate level...

The book itself is very well produced. Full color – very nice.

Jerome and Devin have created the last work on this type of work. Heed my advice – pay attention to this piece for MORE than just the application of cloudbusting…
Jerome, great you are doing that for Blindside, he has been one of the biggest supporters of this project and has by far made the most posts concerning it.
This sounds like a great read. I can hardly wait. This book release is almost as big as Harry Potter's, although he could only fly on a broom and whack bad guys with a wand bolt...not control the weather!
[quote]
On 2007-07-30 19:33, semo wrote:
This sounds like a great read. I can hardly wait. This book release is almost as big as Harry Potter's, although he could only fly on a broom and whack bad guys with a wand bolt...not control the weather!
[/quote]

Harry Potter ain't got nothin' on Jerome and Devin! :lol:

-Vinnie
Monday is a day of rest for me.I was totally pleased that my letter carrier was early today,for I already had plans to lounge in the backyard and do some studying.

Perfect...my CB book arrived.

This is quality publication...and after reading for a while...it was clear to me that this book was well planned/thought out,and..well edited.

I do not think it is fair for me to give an extensive review of this tome at this time[being that I am still in the process of reading and absorbing].

However,I did cheat a little and bounce around out of curiousity[glad I did :)]

Let me say this...if you never bust/melt a cloud after reading this book..you will probably be a better overall performer after reading this book.Allow me to repeat that:You will probably be a better overall performer after reading this book!

It occurred to me early on...that'superior performance wisdom' was being shared here... that can apply to all that WE do.

Personally,even as a fairly experienced performer,I am alway's open to learning more.

Believe me there is much more here than altering the weather... although that,[altering the weather and cloudbusting/melting is SO COOL,and has so many possibilities,I look forward to this study.Yes indeed,I really look forward to it!

{I must confess..I have been doing this for several weeks now..in a 'very elementary' way}.

I'll have more to say later.

Best.
Rich
Thanks for your partial thoughts on the book. Have fun!
Devin,

Thanks for sending the book out so fast!
I received my book today.

I havent had a chance to really grasp/study the material but I quickly skimmed every section and got the basic idea down for each section.

I really like the bit about controlling the weather,very nice points,and tips to use.

Let me for a minute, REVIEW the quality:

1) Top notch
2) Vivid colors on cover
3) Bold letters where they needed to be
4) Font size perfect
5) Pages good and even smell clean
6) Lightweight book you can carry on you always
7) Scale 1-10 I give it a 10.

Great job to both of you for hard work paid off.
I hope I become as talented as you too at busting clouds.

ALEX
[quote]
On 2007-07-30 22:21, PaleoMagi wrote:

This is quality publication...and after reading for a while...it was clear to me that this book was well planned/thought out,and..well edited.

Rich
[/quote]

Thank you for saying so. In the past some of my instructions had some errors, this has been mentioned on the Café in the past. I hired not one but two professional editors to go over the book. Together I think they caught 99% of the errors and made many rewrites and changes to the text. Although Jerome and I wrote the text, the editors made sure our grammar was correct and that there were no mis-spelled words. I think they did a great job. They did not change the style of our writings. That was very important to both Jerome and me. They only made grammatical changes or sometimes rewrote a sentence to make it clearer. I really have to thank both Sandy Ewing and Mel Strouse for the great job they did. I also hired a professional designer to come up with cover for the book. However I wrote the basic back cover blurb, and then had the editors revise it.

As you can see the book is the result of five people working on it for several months.

In the future I plan on retaining the service of both editors to edit all my future magic directions. No more rushing to get directions out. Everything will be gone over by two top notch editors to ensure the highest quality on all my future releases.

Devin
Wow, I'm surprised on hearing the amount of work put into the book. I mean quality over quantity is something but when you have quality and quantity (seriously 132 pages on this stuff) that is something else :)
I'm invited to attend a Wedding in Pittsburgh this weekend. The lady called last night and said they had a rehearsal dinner set for Friday. She frantically said the weatherman was calling for thunderstorms on both Friday evening and Saturday (the day of the wedding).

Using the premise describe in Chapter 3 of the book, I immediately assured her that if I HAD ANYTHING TO DO with it and I DO, then I would not allow it to rain in Pittsburgh during the wedding. She was a little skeptical. I told her to wait and see.

Those who have the book will instantly see I am doing the bit where the lady calls on Monday worried about rain for the weekend show. Only this time I'm attempting the technique for a wedding.
Devin,
Last night I woke up in the middle of the night because I had a bad dream.
I went outside, and there were few clouds. I picked one and in less than 3 min I busted it!
I am sure this is a lot more fun to do during the day! But I didn't know that you could also bust clouds at night, let alone there are clouds in the sky!

ALEX
If there are clouds you can do this at night. Jerome mentioned this I believe in the other thread.

Besides the energy used to bust the cloud should tire you out, so you fall back to sleep. If you do it the way Jerome and I suggest, you will be exhausted from the feat.

Devin
Got the book yesterday. Really cool stuff. I've only just begun on Jerome's section, so I'm not saying anything about that yet.

As far as the stuff before, very cool stuff and already has me thinking about some fun presentation ideas... (like doing the voodoo bit with a cotton ball... or using a rag to wipe away a cloud (even magicians should be the type of hoopy froods to know where their towels are.:D))

And a few minutes ago just busted a couple clouds. Wheeee. Fun stuff all around. :)

However, there are a coule bugaboos (Don't misunderstand, so far I'm really liking what I'm seeing, so I want to make that clear. But I assume you want a more complete review than "I like it" or "I don't like it", so I'm mentioning these things (Especially if you ever decide to do a second printing)). There's an aspect about the instructions on how to cloudbust over the phone that I'm unclear on. More with the context and such, I would have suggested adding something to clarify that aspect (will PM Devin about the details. I don't see any way I could explain my confusion with that bit here.)

Also, happened to peek near the end, the orgone/machine section.

On page 129, there is this: "If you visit the two previously listed web sites you will find links to these devices. Here is another one especially devoted to building a cloud busting machine."

I'm assuming there was supposed to be some URL after that, but there isn't.

Also, with the references to "clicking one's amygdala forward"... amygdala was repeatedly misspelled as amygdale. (I just looked up the word to see if that maybe is an alternate spelling... But I kept getting amygdala for the brain part. Only thing I saw for amygdale was some geology thing or something...)

There was thing though that kinda grated on me, I have to admit. In the bit with the ethics of the psychic reading presentation, the wording of the disclaimer. I'm sure you didn't mean it to come out this way, but to me it came out like "You can make lots of money and be very convincing and this is great... of course, not that I'm actually advocating this, no-sir-ree, I wouldn't advocate that. This is strictly educational. nudge-nudge-wink-wink"

Just the wording of that section made it feel a bit more like "weasle words". Again, I understand your overal point, of "there's certainly a valid view/dispute about the ethics of this sort of thing, and you may want to utterly reject doing any such presentation along these lines", but the specific wording, in the context, made it sound bad, at least to me.

Again, I wish to emphasize though that overal, I really really really like what I'm seeing. I'm just trying to give the most accurate review I can to you at the moment.

Oh, you are an ebil ebil man for the Blue Sky effect. Bwahahahahaha, I love it! The notion of, well... Heee heee. :D

Anyways, of what I've read so far, definately overal two wands up. This stuff is really absolutely great stuff.
There was an URL there, but right before the book went to press the web site went 404. I called the publisher and had him delete the URL. He must have missed the sentence referring to the URL before it. Anyway the other links work fine and all the information you need is there.
As far as the ethics, I do the psychic bit, I have no problem with it. I make lots of money doing it. However just because it is OK for me, doesn't mean it is OK for you.
I'm not trying to hide the fact I do psychic readings, I do. However, I am not suggesting you do them. Take it anyway you want to.

Devin
Aaaah.

And as far as the ethics, I wasn't refering to the ethics themselves in my review, but to the wording of the disclaimer. The way it was written.

But yeah, as far as overal impression of the book so far, I love it! This is really really good stuff.
PsyKosh,

Do get back to us after you read my portion and the book in its entirety. I look forward to your thoughts ;)

Great idea with the cotton ball and rag! This type of thinking will take you far with cloud busting.

UPDATE: ALL ORDERS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED. This means both domestic and foreign orders ALL went out today. Enjoy!

Best,
Jerome Finley.
:) :) :)

EDIT.
I just ordered mine yesterday, does that mean it got shipped or am I on the second edition list?
All the people on MY LIST had their orders shipped out today.

J.
Hello everyone,

I just had my first major cloudbusting experience.

I work for NOKIA mobile phones, and my desk has a clear window to look outside.
All day I spent practicing busting clouds.
Well late in the afternoon I passed by the receptionist's desk, and she always wants me to show her some magic.
I told her to come to the window. I told her that I had studied many years the ability to be able to control elements. I pointed to a cloud and told her that I would drain the moisture from the cloud and make it vanish. As I was concentrating and making the cloud vanish, I started to cry big time, and she was like "OH my God" I told her that I was sucking all the moisture from the cloud with my energy. Well the cloud vanished and I stopped sobbing!
She gave me a hug, and said that was the most amazing thing I have ever seen.
Thanks Devin and Jerome
ALEX
Nice, hope we hear more experiences from people. I know I'll be giving a many stories :)
Keep those stories coming. Alex I really like the idea of crying as you say you are draining the moisture from the cloud. I think this has great potential. If we do a second volume this is one idea we will use with full credit to you.

I also like the idea of pulling apart a cotton ball in my voodoo theme. Once again if a second volume is released this would be included.

I agree with Psy-Kosh that the vanishing a cloud over a cell phone could be expanded more. I think the current instructions will teach you the basics. Once you learn to bust clouds you will be able to do it over the phone. It may take a little longer.

However I have thought of ways to make this super fast and surefire. If we do a second volume an entire section will be devoted to the phone bit. As mentioned the the other thread, Jerome and I constantly come up with new angles and ideas with clouds. The reason the book was delayed was that I kept adding in new material. Finally I had to call it quits or the book would still be on my computer.

Since publishing the book, many additional ideas have occurred to me. Such as making the clouds vanish and then putting them back. Jerome has a new idea of ripping a hole in a storm cloud. We have more than enough material to do a second volume. However the second volume would build on the stuff in the first volume.

Vol one teaches the basics. Vol 2 would expand the basics and give you more details and further presentation ideas.

If I see good ideas posted in this thread, then we will consider using them in volume two with full credit. If we use your idea and volume two is published you will be given a free copy.

Devin
Cool. Anyways, extension to earlier idea with using a rag: Best perhaps to use wwhen doing it indoors or busting a cloud through the television...

Something like this:

"hrm... there seems to be a smudge here, lemme clean that off.... still there... still there...." blink confused, theck the bottle of whatever window cleaner you used and "woah... check it out, this stuff is good. Cleaned right through to the cloud on the other side..." (if you're going for combo between shock and laugh...)

Or, expanding on the cotton... don't bust... strain and try to "rip" a piece of cloud away "uh... uh... GOT IT!"

"whew... that's tough, really tough, can't do it on my own anymore today after that... hey, wait... all these clouds were in the sky together, same overal blob of moisture, so by the law of sympathetic magic, they should be linked... So..." (if doing a second bust right aftet the first is appropriate at the time, this is a good lead in from the first bust into voodoo effect.) Alternately, if doing for a kid, have them the first time help you, holding your other hand, helping keeping you on the ground as you're pulling on the cloud... and let the kid keep the peice of cloud as a souveniear.

Hey, I just now as I was typing this got another idea inspired by the post elsewhere with the kites.

This would definately take practice and the right conditions, but anyone who has the book ought to be able to see exactly what I have in mind: Go "cloud fishing"... make a kite reel look like a fishing rod, maybe put a hook at the end of the kite, and "fish" for a cloud in the air, and then reel it in and take off the piece of cloud. :)

Devin and Jerome: Your stuff is fantastic... reading it gives so many more ideas than just it directly even. Wheeeeeeee.
You think Vol 2 will be a firm release?
Psy-Kosh,

Again, very nice thinking here. One thing I've been working with lately is transplanting clouds, i.e., one takes them out of the sky and infuses other objects with their essence . . . think Losander's Floating Table, etc.

Over the weekend, I transplanted a cloud into a skull made from quartz and caused it to weep. Very strong stuff.

Thank you for your thoughts!

-Jerome.
Not to give TOO much away, but I'm developing a new routine, "Death of a Cloud", wherein a cloud busts in tandem with the performer stopping his pulse. Keep the ideas and reviews coming!!!

-J.
Start writing I guess lol
It's just good to have book 1 done and over with :) It was a labor of love, but a labor nonetheless.

A volume 2 would have to be by popular demand. We'll see what the common response is to the first book for now. ;) So far, so good!

-J.
TT2: "Death of a Cloud" sounds super creepy and powerful. Not particularly my open topped container of plant infusion, but...

Of course, I've mentioned I think to both you and Devin what I, in the long term, want to do with this material, so once I've gotten a hafway decent grasp on it, will, of course, be pestering you two. ;)

Wait, idea: I peeked ahead to the weather control stuff...

For a bit of fun, prove just how powerful the "washing a car to make it rain" ritual can be. :D
Pester away, mate! That's what we're here for. I think your long term goals and ideas for cloud busting and presentations are elegant and magical, and I would love to help you develop a routine suited especially for you and your audiences.

-J.
Thanks. I know I'm nowhere near being able to actually perform such a thing, even if I had a methadology worked out. It's more something to steer for that helps me decide what sort of magic I need to learn next. (As I had mentioned, I'll need sooner or later for that an appropriate object piercing coin style effect (for a certain part of the story))

But yeah, that'll be a while. For now I'll just play around with working out easier/shorter things to do with this stuff.

"You know the whole thing about it always raining after you wash your car? Well, I think mommy nature doesn't like me messing with the sky, and has been having a bit of a go at me by being _really really_ agressive in my case about that. Here, you'll see what I mean in a little while probably..."

ooooh this material is going to be so so so much fun. muhahhahaha... :devilish:
I was playing around with some ideas today and this kinda hit me as something that might play well as a bizarre effect. I was thinking something along the lines of the storyline that Peter Loughran uses with the rain stone, only I was thinking about using a strange coin. Basically, instead of making it rain, use the coin to draw the energy out of a cloud. Bust the cloud, and then perform the Crying Quarter effect. I was thinking a fairly large coin so that you could really get a lot of water out of the coin. Once you've shown the coin around to everyone you place it in your palm up hand, hiding the modus operandi to make the coin "cry" once you have busted the cloud.

I know this isn't anything revolutionary or anything, just spitballing here to help keep the presentational ideas flowing.
Devin,
please send me a pm with the tracking information instead of an e-mail. did you allready ship the book?
I haven't read all of these posts (nor the book), so sorry if someone already submitted this idea.

How about busting a cloud (making it disappear) and having a covered glass fill with it?

See the video at: http://www.plasplasplas.com/shop/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=239

Terry
Terry,
EXCELLENT....thanks for the link. This is one of the cleverest ideas I've heard yet. Beautiful.

Devin
Ooooh, yes, very nice. *checks price of effect* yow, not for me.

But still, very nice. And, given the right conditions, you could do it in reverse, use the smoke to put clouds in the sky.
[quote]
On 2007-08-01 15:31, Psy-Kosh wrote:
Ooooh, yes, very nice. *checks price of effect* yow, not for me.
[/quote]

This is an old effect and there are other ways (cheaper) to do it - but this may be the safest and most effective.

Terry
"Clouds in my coffee" ;)
I've finished Jerome's section, so thought I might put my initial thoughts on that.

First, I'll probably have to reread it a couple times (well, same for the whole book, but...)

Overall, more cool thoughts, definately some principles to think about that would apply to far more than just cloudbusting.

There're one or two places where, well, I'm not sure if it's an editing bugaboo or just me getting confused... Specifically, the bit about the 11th commandment. Is that supposed to refer to "don't abuse this" or is a line or something missing from that page?

Also, another overall impression I got was that on the good side, Jerome suggests multiple references to research for various things he mentions... But the down side is that I almost feel that the book should have a note along the lines of while whatever your background you'll get something out of his section, it definately in areas seems to presupose the reader to already be well versed in various psych principles, NLP, and so on used in magic, so the reader with that background would get the most out of that section.

ie, I know a teeny bit about NLP, for instance, but emphasis on teeny. (I ought to go and learn more, actually...)

Again, either way this is great stuff, and I'll need to take some time to think it through, so don't let anything else I'm saying make it seem like I'm saying otherwise, just saying that anyone with that background would, I'd expect, would get more out of Jerome's section.

Ooooh, story/presentation idea:

Look up... then... "HEY! Get back here!" Look around at spectators. "see that 'cloud' up there? That's actually a genie. He owes me some wishes and instead ran off and is trying to hide from me. Fortunately, I've finally got his bottle/lamp/milk carton rigged to, hopefully, pull him back in from a distance." Unstop bottle/lamp or whatever and aim it at cloud and, well, suck the cloud in, possibly with some theatrics, and having the specs help ancor you to the ground so that you won't be dragged off by the genie. Maybe have the bottle set up so that afterwards a little voice will be heard inside yelling "hey! let me out!" or the bottle rattling on its own, or something.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be reading this, I'm dying here ;p
Just a quick update. Jerome has sent out all of his books. As of today, all of my books have been sent out, both US and Overseas. For those who ordered from Tilford, as of today all of his orders have been sent out.

So if you haven't gotten your book yet, then rest assured it has been sent. Anyone in the USA will have their book in hand this week.

Devin
[quote]
On 2007-08-01 22:06, Blindside785 wrote:
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be reading this, I'm dying here ;p
[/quote]

I'm with ya, buddy!

:)
-Vinnie
Psy-Kosh and others,

I've said it before and will say it again here. If you (or anyone else) is not comfortable using my advanced techniques, stick with the basics as Devin has written them; there are two sections for a reason ;) . After all is said and done, mine is a very suggestive form of cloud busting.

Using these techniques will allow one to do most things from the book in a fraction of the normal time and to greater effect. It is ADVANCED work, and we've always said from the beginning that cloud busting is for the strong, competent performer.

While it is true that a background in NLP and hypnotic techniques might assist with the material in my section, it is not a requisite. There is more than enough material there for ANYBODY to begin using my work with devastating results.

Also, and this is not aimed at anyone in particular . . . I've got to express some concern about turning cloud busting into another magic trick. While others may have some great ideas, I see them going down a path that worries me. I've received PM's from people who want to incorporate sponge ball routines with cloud busting, as in transforming a cloud into a little white ball, etc.

I have released the material knowing that others will do with it as they will. At the same time, the focus here is on a major PK effect and demonstration, and not one to be taken lightly. This is absolutely serious work, and so when I read things like the Genii in the bottle idea, to be honest, it makes me cringe a bit.

Unless you are performing for children, nobody is going to believe that! It effectively reduces what I and Devin have worked so hard to share to a cheap magic trick. Please do not take this the wrong way! I just don't want to see "tricks" replace the hardcore PK demonstration that cloud busting is meant to be.

It's the same type of thing when I see "metal bending" routines wherein a drawing of a spoon bends . . . it is ridiculous to say the least. It makes no sense and takes one of the strongest PK demonstrations in mentalism down a path that leads nowhere and falls flat in the end. This must not be the case with cloud busting, or I will forever regret releasing this work.

I realize this may hurt some feelings, but cloud busting is a PK demonstration and best suited for the serious mentalist. That is not to say a magician cannot or should not perform it, just please, do not make it cheesy.

If anyone has questions or concerns, please PM me, as this thread is for reviews. I'm suddenly very upset at the direction this is heading. LESS IS MORE! Cloud busting is not a magic trick . . .

-Jerome.
I recieved mine on Monday :) I am just now only re-reading part one again (haven't started part two yet). I love how this turned out, you guys :) the cover is SUPER dreamy!!! Speaking of presentaional ideas, I was thinking about doing my busting while blowing a Dandelion away! Thanks again for making the book-of-the-century!(ies?)

Take care,

--Justin--
I totally get what your saying. Anybody getting into cloudbusting should read that post from Jerome very carefully. Doing cloudbusting in my eyes anyway should be a feat, and not an easy one. Making it seem like a game just ruins the purpose.
Thank you, Justin. Glad you are enjoying the work. Sympathetic magic is something that can be very strong.

Best,
J.
[quote]
On 2007-08-01 20:41, Psy-Kosh wrote:
Ooooh, story/presentation idea:

Look up... then... "HEY! Get back here!" Look around at spectators. "see that 'cloud' up there? That's actually a genie. He owes me some wishes and instead ran off and is trying to hide from me. Fortunately, I've finally got his bottle/lamp/milk carton rigged to, hopefully, pull him back in from a distance." Unstop bottle/lamp or whatever and aim it at cloud and, well, suck the cloud in, possibly with some theatrics, and having the specs help ancor you to the ground so that you won't be dragged off by the genie. Maybe have the bottle set up so that afterwards a little voice will be heard inside yelling "hey! let me out!" or the bottle rattling on its own, or something.
[/quote]

wow...

what a terribe idea...

let's not destroy this effect with an overly complicated presentation...

stick to the hippity hop rabbits if that's the path you want to take...
...He's back! :mad:

Can we [b]PLEASE[/b] not start this again!? :no:

-Vinnie
This is the equivalent of the negative judge on a reality show...

The second they make a critical statement of some one elses work -- they get boo'd.

I don't understand that mentality....

This is my opinion.

Am I not entitled to it?
Hahah, Well he is on the right track...but the wrong direction. I'll support the thinking to the fullest but not that kind of effect.

Let us step back and remember what kind of emotion/effect this originally is supposed to take on to the spectators and the cloudbuster. Cloudbusting is a demonstration of mental power, when you take the cloudbusting into the story of a genii and that kind of theatrics it takes cloudbusting far from the pk demonstration it is meant to be to the realm of a magic trick.

Just so people are clear on the differences.
My point is...

this stuff is not for everyone...

this kind of thinking is destructive...
Sorry, I was just more throwing out thoughts as they occured to me.

I see what you mean though, I think, about that last thing perhaps being a bit much. Sorry.
No need for apologies . . . I and Devin have both heard far worse recently!

This is a serious piece of work and can really affect a person. I do not wish to see it taken lightly. I'm sure you can all understand this. As Devin and I both use cloud busting in our paid work, the effect needs to stay as pristine as possible.

Cloud busting is often reserved as that "special something", an effect that can transcend magic and trickery and allow a true experience of the mysterious. Let's keep it that way ;)

On with the reviews, please!

Best,
Jerome.
Jerome:

I understand what you're saying about turning cloud busting into another magic trick - but I've also seen Kreskin use a Lota Bowl with great success in one of his "experiments." So the presentation has to be thought through carefully.

I think you'd agree that this material wasn't that readily available to most here on the Café prior to your and Devin's publication. Is that a good or bad thing? I believe that some would say "good" that it was hard to come by, and "bad" that it will now be so readily available. But whatever one's take is on the decision, metaphorically speaking the "Pandora's Box" is now open and who knows where it will all lead. So far it's led to coins, sponge balls, glasses, magic lamps....

Based on a person's preference, the effect could be used in various ways. My "cloud in glass" idea was akin to the claims of witches. As Wickipedia reports in an article about "Drawing Down the Moon":

"In classical times, ancient Thessalian witches were believed to control the moon, according to the tract: 'If I command the moon, it will come down; and if I wish to withhold the day, night will linger over my head; and again, if I wish to embark on the sea, I need no ship, and if I wish to fly through the air, I am free from my weight.'"

Add to that, "And if I wish to control the clouds, ...."

So an "experiment" such as I suggested (with restraint) could fit into a psychic demonstration or (with an emotional hook) a bizarrist presentation.

And although it appears that you will not agree, done tastefully for childen, I believe one could move cloud busting out of the realm of the "psychic" or "bizarre" (if neither are one's "bag") and into the world of "magical" wonder. I'm sure you realize how enamored children are with clouds.

Cloud busting can appear to be a great "supernatural" effect. If I remember correctly, one of the volumes of the Time-Life Books series, "Mysteries of the Unknown", has a photo and short description of the occurence. But remember that Sathya Sai Baba convinced thousands that he is a "god-man" through simple sleights and use of accomplices. So cloud busting is not an end-all to the quest that some may be looking for.

Now having said all that, will you still sign my copy of your book with "To Terry, my new best friend"?

:winker:

Terry
I'm a little confused here. In the book, a certain "trick" is mentioned that would work great with cloudbusting. I mention a plot line that is somewhat similar to the same "trick" mentioned in Cloud Busting, and I get lumped in with the Genie effect? (no disrespect to the Genie bottle idea, but I wasn't going for something whimsical). I'm only going on the assumption that the reference to using a coin was directed at me. I wasn't looking for a way to trivialize the effect of busting clouds. I was only trying to thing of other powerful presentational angles that might have a more bizarre twist, as I am a big fan of bizarre magic. When I was brainstorming ideas, I was thinking of something that would have a ritualistic feel. Using a Voodoo presentation is ok, but weaving a story around an ancient coin or medallion isn't? I meant no disservice to Devin or Jerome with my suggestion if it was taken that way, and I apologize if the idea of a bizarre presentation with an item that absorbs the cloud and manifests itself in that item is seen as nothing more as a trick.

I have no problem with a purely psychological presentation of mind power. I was just trying to help think of other presentations that might fit other performance styles. Sorry if I offended anyone. I was honestly trying to add positively to the discussion, but lately it seems like I can't say anything right here.
Terry,

Wonderful post. I agree, absolutely. Devin and I were speaking, and we both LOVE your idea with the glass. It's one of those things that can be very powerful, beautiful and elegant . . . it would be a wonderful presentation! That said, it reminds me of the verse (re: Drawing down the Moon);

"At will I make swift streams retire, to their fountains whilst their banks admire. Sea toss and smooth, CLEAR CLOUDS WITH CLOUDS DEFORM. With spells and charms, I break the Vipers jaw; cleave solid rocks and oaks from their mighty seizures draw. Whole woods remove (!), the lofty mountains shake, Earth for to groan, and ghosts from graves awake . . . and Upon Thee, O Moon, I draw!"

Thanks for sharing!

While definitely a more bizarre presentation, in this context, it would work magically. I agree with you; the Pandora's Box is open, and WE opened it ;)

At the same time, if all the related effects were given such attention to detail as yours; I would have far less a problem. The issue lies in turning cloud busting into a simple magic trick. Obviously, routines like "The Chalice of Clouds" (sounds like a good name!), would be far from the flippant pieces I am worried about. (It would be a fantastic piece of theatre and art!)

Best :)
Jerome
Levitator,

Did I miss something? LOL! "The assumption that the reference to using a coin was directed at you?" I'm afraid you've lost me :) I'm a big fan of bizarre magick as well, and whether it's Voodoo or PK matters little to me, as long as the integrity of cloud busting is maintained and the art not cheapened.

I'm not the cloud police ;) I would love to hear every idea you guys wish to share about presentation; my comments were directed at no person in particular. I've received a lot of PM's with great stories already; wonderful ideas and unique presentations.

400 people are holding Pandora's Box; it's a can of worms I helped open. Now that she's out there, this work can go a lot of ways. It is my sincere hope that cloud busting becomes to all of you what it has been for me. There is a small community now with some extremely good information. It will all go to hell if we treat it like just another magic trick. That's all I was saying :)

Best,
J.
Oops, sorry about that Jerome. I should have been more specific about the reference. The reference to coins was in Terry's post. Please know that I didn't feel attacked by Terry or anything, but I just didn't think my idea was the same as a genie bottle presentation or sponge balls. I might just be getting overly defensive, as I take what I choose to perform and how I perform it extremely seriously. I was making a decent living as a performer a few years ago before my mom got sick. When she died, it took me over a year to get back on the horse, and it's been tough kinda starting all over again. Especially since I decided to completely change my character and presentation. I went from bizarre/shock performer to more of a mentalist/reader performer. It's been an amazing experience, but it's also been really hard because I really want to be successful as a performer.

Thought to text translation sometimes loses a bit of the meaning. If I sounded mad in my post I didn't mean to. I was actually just bummed and felt bad because I might have stepped on some toes unintentionally. I've been working night and day lately because I have a major event coming up with a publicity stunt (blindfold drive on a human obstacle course), so maybe I shouldn't be brainstorming on the boards when I'm deprived of sleep. :crazydude:

Anyways, I just wanted to clarify that I had no intention of presenting something like cloud busting as a trivial kind of trick. In fact, I wasn't really planning on using a bizarre presentation. But I like to have a bizarre version of everything I do because as a musician, I am around a lot of people who really get into metaphysical/superstitious things. When I perform for that crowd, they seem to get into bizarre effects more than the power of the mind approach. And I think there is a part of me that will always be drawn to bizarre magic.

Well, back to work! BTW, I am very excited about incorporating this into my presentational style. It's one of those things that I wouldn't do very often, but when the time was right, really boost the rep with something devastating! Thanks for sharing this work!
Terry,
There is a section in book that deals exclusively with using clouds to create wonderment for children. I even explain how to get a small child to use his powers to vanish a cloud. Cloud effects for children can be a source of wonderment and the book details how to this.

I personally love the cloud winding up in the glass. This is logical and I'm aware the background you mentioned. Of all the ideas I've heard, yours is the best and one that fits in. It allows the expansion of the cloud effect without making it into some hokey trick. Other effects can be tied in with cloud busting and Jerome and I detail what can be done an yet keep this on a high level.

Devin
[quote]
On 2007-08-02 02:41, the levitator wrote:
Oops, sorry about that Jerome. I should have been more specific about the reference. The reference to coins was in Terry's post.
[/quote]

Hi James:

You were correct in thinking that my statement referred to your idea. But let's look again at what I wrote:

"But whatever one's take is on the decision, metaphorically speaking the 'Pandora's Box' is now open and who knows where it will all lead. So far it's led to coins, sponge balls, glasses, magic lamps...."

You'll notice that I also referred to my concept of a "cloud in glass" in my statement when I wrote "glasses" (although I surmise it could have been understood as "spectacles" rather than a "cup", therefore appearing to distance my idea from the others).

So I wasn't knocking any one's idea - it wasn't meant to be a pejorative statement. I was simply stating that people will use the idea for whatever effect they desire and who knows where that will lead. And I was including myself!

Devin and Jerome - thanks for the kind words.

Terry
I know Terry; that's why I wasn't upset by it. I guess in my mind I was trying to differentiate between serious and light-hearted presentations, not propped or propless presentations, and I was a little bummed that my idea seemed to be considered a less than serious approach to a presentation idea. I also really, really like the idea of the smoke in the glass too! I actually have that effect, although I haven't performed it for years. I used to use it in a bizarre effect with tarot cards and the spectator's "fate card" materialized in a glass, and the smoke was used as a special effect.

I'm sorry again for coming off so defensive, and I hope that nobody is upset with me. :bigsmile:
James, your coin idea ties in with some of the ideas we've mentioned in the book. I like the coin idea you mentioned and it doesn't cheapen the work in my opinion.

Cloud busting is one of the few things you can do that appears to be real magic to the spectator. Done properly it appears you have real powers, although you don't make that claim. You just do it, and no other solution seems possible.

Either of us want to see Cloud busting reduced to a simple magic trick or a gag. In reading these post both Jerome and I realize that what Jeff says is very true. Most of you just don't get it. This is not meant to attack anyone. Sure you will learn how to make a cloud vanish, but most of you are not grasping the real psychological concepts behind this. You're failing to grasp this can make you a real miracle worker if done properly. This is not quick magic trick, but a serious presentation that can make a reputation for you as someone who has the power to control the elements.

It bothers me that so many people are reading part of the book and rushing out to show people they can bust a cloud, usually within hours of getting the book. This saddens me. Sure you might learn the basics in a few minutes, but as I said in the book, you need to spend a few days really watching the clouds.

There is no way, anyone can read this book in one day and go out and do a credible job of cloud busting. Jerome's section is designed to show you how to build this, to create the effect TWICE, once in the mind and then in reality.

These comments remind me of people who buy a trick and an hour later rush out and show it to their friends. The same people who have a dealer overnight a trick because they have a show the next day.

I don't have all the answers. Both Jerome and I are still learning. Each day we discover something new about cloud busting we didn't know before. That is why the book kept expanding. Each day we both get better at this. Neither of us are perfect cloud busters, we still have much to learn. This comes from experiences.

I'm all for new ideas and at least I'm glad to see many of you are thinking about ideas involving clouds. However lets try to keep this out of the range of another trick. Cloud Busting is a sacred art. Many people wished we had never revealed this to the masses. What's done is done. 400 people are privy to some inside secrets. Respect the work.

Devin
Hello James:I happen to like your brainstorming idea of integrating a large coin into a cloudbusting demonstration.

As soon as I read your post I thought 'The Relic' by Outlaw effects.[which I recently purchased].

I do think that differentiating a PK routine from a straight magic routine is all in how the routine is scripted and presented.

I thank you for your idea because I am now in the midst of writing up a presentation incorporating the ancient Relic coin.Hint:It involves how pirates long ago used their shiny dubloons as reflectors to try to melt clouds and steer off impending storms.
I guarantee this wont be a simple and obvious magic trick....but rather an allegorical presentation that hopefully will be interesting as well as amazing.

Keep up the creative brainstorming.

Best.
Rich
[quote]
On 2007-08-02 11:05, magicbuilder wrote:
It bothers me that so many people are reading part of the book and rushing out to show people they can bust a cloud, usually within hours of getting the book. This saddens me. Sure you might learn the basics in a few minutes, but as I said in the book, you need to spend a few days really watching the clouds.
[/quote]

Devin, just to be clear what I said in my earlier post in this thread. I did not show anyone this, just tried it out for myself. I have since read the rest of the book twice and will not show anyone until I am completely confident. Suggestion, build up, observing, believing, acting and presentation all play a part in making this work to an audience. It's too powerful an effect and I value the knowledge from both of you and Jerome to reduce this to a magic trick or puzzle with clouds.
Eric, I know you didn't show it, but I'm getting PM from people showing this to people within minutes of reading the first few pages. That is sad.

Devin
Thanks Devin for understanding where I was coming from with the coin/medallion presentation.

I'm sorry that my story about busting a cloud for my neighbor bothers you Devin. I have to say though, that it bothers me a bit for anyone to assume that I just ran out my back door and pointed to the sky. I've been performing as a bizarre/serious performer for more than 9 years. I would like to think that I'm pretty good putting a lot of effort into presentation and making effects appear difficult and impressive. I used the approach of going up to her very excited about a concept I had been studying and practicing, and I was excited to share it with someone. I put a lot of effort into my presentation, even shaking like a leaf and showing a lot of strain for the effect. When the cloud was nearly busted, I sat in one of her deck chairs, exhausted. She was really freaking out and even offered me a glass of water and asked if I was okay. She just kept saying, "I can't wait to tell everyone at work what I just saw!" I might not be an expert, but I took her reaction to be more than someone who witnessed a simple magic trick. So it might be a little early to assume that I "don't get it". And I don't think it's fair to assume that I did a less than credible job with the demonstration to my neighbor just because I had read the book that morning. Judging from her reaction, I would like to think my presentation was not only credible but made a strong impression on her. I by no means think I know everything there is to know about cloudbusting, but I don't think it's fair to categorize me as a hack because I attempted a demonstration the same day I received the book. Maybe I actually "got it" right off. Maybe I read the book and understood the power of the effect and quickly formed an idea based around my presentational style on how to incorporate a strong and credible way to perform it. Can I improve? Heck ya! I try to improve everything I do every day. I know that it's impossible to really know anyone here as we only know each other by the words we type, so I'm not mad that I was once again lumped into a category that I don't believe I fall into. But I felt the need to at least defend myself and explain a little more in detail how I performed my first cloudbusting demonstration so that I don't get lumped into those categories.

Please don't think that I'm ungrateful for the work that you and Jerome have put into the book. I'm deeply appreciative for such a comprehensive resource to a branch of magic that I had never really considered before, and probably would never have incorporated into my character and presentational style had it not been for your book. But just because I didn't create the book, doesn't mean I don't have the capacity to grasp the concepts quickly and learn to apply them into my presentational style easily. Because I seem to be misunderstood a lot, let me also clarify that I don't think busting clouds is easy by my last statement. What I found to be easy was developing a presentational angle that fit very well in with the other types of effects that I perform. Since I also do readings, I was especially inspired by the idea of combining cloud busting with readings. Believe it or not, I was actually thinking about how to tie cloudbusting into a reading or psychological effect before I even received the book. I've been working on a version of Sean Field's "That Which You Fear" and I was expoloring in my mind on how to apply the cloudbusting in a similar way. The idea being that something taking place in a person's mind is projected into a physical manifestion in the cloud. I also know that there is a big difference between understanding concepts and actually applying them and utilizing them. The reason that I took a chance with my neighbor is because she's been my neighbor as long as I've been performing for money, and she's pretty much convinced that I'm pretty left of center and has told me that believes I have a gift, even though I'm very clear with people that I don't have "special powers". Knowing that she believes that some of what I do is on the up and up, I felt safe in attempting how I envisioned performing this kind of demonstration. Now, while some of those comments may not have been directly aimed at me, please at least understand how I might have taken it that way when I was the subject of your response. If you were to replace James with Devin and read that post, you might understand what I mean, especially if you had both contributed a personal experience performing cloudbusting and offered a presentational angle. I hope that I didn't say anything disrespectful in this post and I hope I have explained my vantage point clearly. I love the concept. I love the book. I have great respect for both authors and their contributions to this area of magic. I just don't like being perceived as I feel like I was perceived.

Thanks for that Rich, I really needed to hear that! :D Like I had said before, I'm not sure I would ever even perform this as a bizarre piece, as doing it as a mental feat fits much better with my character. But I always develop multiple presentations for everything I perform because ya just never know who you are going to be performing for. I guess I had imagined that performing this with a bizarre presentation in the right setting could have even more impact with certain people than as a demonstration of mind power.
When I said many won't get this, this didn't say everyone. Obviously you are a skilled performer and GET IT. However, James from this thread you seem to think everything is being aimed at you. It is not...chill out.

Devin
UPDATE on Weather Change:

As I mentioned a few days ago, a lady was concerned because the weatherman was forecasting a chance of thunderstorms on Saturday (Pittsburgh). This would ruin a wedding planned for that day.If any of you actually checked an online weather site, you would have seen they were calling for 30 to 40% of scattered thunderstorms.

I made the statement, I would NOT allow it to rain in Pittsburgh on Saturday. I told this to the lady. I also told this to some friends going to wedding. They were all skeptical and said I couldn't stop it from raining on Saturday. I simply said, "wait and see."

This morning I called the lady and showed my friends the forecast. Saturday is hot and humid with 0% of rain in the forecast. Right now those who have seen the forecast change to rain free are beginning to wonder if I do have the power I claim over the weather.

I am not posting this to toot my own horn. I've been doing this for years. However I wanted to post in REAL time, a weather changing effect so those on the Café could check and see for themselves the weather forecast was changing to match what I said I would do.

Some of you have wondered if this stuff actually works. Well this is the proof, and the above technique is fully explained in my chapter on changing the weather.

Guys, cloud busting is great, but don't get so wrapped up with it that you miss the additional miracles of changing the weather. Changing the weather is something people will be skeptical of at first, once they see you actually do it, they will be amazed beyond words.

Devin
It's all good Devin.....I'm cool to the touch! :goof: I didn't say that everything was aimed directly at me, just that it seemed like some of it was deflected my way. I shared a personal experience of cloudbusting and I stated that I performed it the same day I received the book. I also offered a bizarre presentational angle that used a prop. Disappointment was expressed about both of those things to some extent, so I made the huge leap that some of that disappointment might have been my fault. And being such a touchy-feely guy, I just hate disappointing people! :smiletear:

I may be totally setting myself up for another round here :bwink:, but I've been toying around with a concept and I'd love to get some feedback on it. There is an optical illusion that causes your eyes to perceive movement, but I don't know the name of it. I do know that Rudy Coby performed it on his television special and The Amazing Jonathan has it on his website (he calls it "Freaky"). Basically it's a bunch of rotating spirals and when you stare at it and then look at the back of your hand, it looks like your skin is crawling and moving. Rudy Coby also performed it with a picture of clouds in the sky. When you looked at the picture, the clouds appeared to be moving. So I was thinking about combining the 2 principles as a suggestion effect. First you show the demonstration of using the spirals to "hypnotize" them into believing that they can make a picture of clouds come to life. Then you would segue into a demonstration of suggesting to them that they can even make a real cloud appear to vanish. I have a pocket PC phone, so I could even do this as a strolling effect with the spiral program installed on it and a small picture of a cloud-filled sky. Rudy actually had a big spinning disk. Does this seem like something that would be powerful, and would presenting it as a suggestion of the believing a cloud to disappear detract from the impact of a spectator actually witnessing the cloud vanish as a mental feat by the performer? What I'm trying to figure out is if having the cloud really disappear but in the spectator's mind they are only being hypnotized into seeing it vanish would be as powerful or more powerful than a straightforward demonstration of your ability to vanish clouds with mind power? Is this making any sense to anyone? Just some more brainstorming....
This is a very interesting idea. In Jerome's section he briefly covers make clouds swirl using a Luke Jermay technique.
Have them stare at a rotating hypnospiral then look at anything. The image will wave back and forth. The larger the hypnospiral the stronger the effect. I have done this before very large crowds.

I once did this before a show and one older man said it didn't work for him. I tried one-on-one, still nothing.

It turned out he only had one eye...you need the binocular vision apparently. As long as you don't do a convention of Cyclops you should be fine.

Very much looking forward to this book.
I love the spiral idea as a warm up to the main trick. It's a fantastic comparison and it prompts them into believing they are seeing something unreal and really puts cloudbusting in a strange context for the spectator. They will then walk away either convinced you can bust clouds, or convinced you have messed with their brain to see something that didn't happen - or maybe a combination of the both. That's life changing.

Forgive me for inaccuracies, I havn't read the book yet as I ordered a short time ago, so I don't actually know how it's quite done yet. But speaking as a 'spectator', so to speak, who doesn't know the secret yet... I think the swirl idea would be very very plausable and a good performance piece.
I really recommend reading Derren Brown's books, Pure Effect and Absolute Magic, as a sort of philosophical foundation for performing such powerful effects as cloud busting.
Adopting Derren's advice will ensure that cloud busting is given the respect and seriousness that it certainly deserves. Powerful effects call for a powerful presentation.
[quote]
On 2007-08-02 16:59, Hansen wrote:
I really recommend reading Derren Brown's books, Pure Effect and Absolute Magic, as a sort of philosophical foundation for performing such powerful effects as cloud busting.
Adopting Derren's advice will ensure that cloud busting is given the respect and seriousness that it certainly deserves. Powerful effects call for a powerful presentation.

[/quote]

I think that is very sensible and totally agree. Derren explains exactly how to manipulate the audience and feed them something so they think the know how a trick maybe pulled off, when you're actually doing something way different. I think the spiral idea falls into this beautifully.
MY PARTIAL THOUGHT REVIEW-

(I am on page 80 that is why this is partial)

I just got this in the mail this afternoon, thank you Jerome for your great AAA++++ Customer support and getting this book to me on time.

Let me talk about the quality of this book, tip top quality I would say. This is a book that you would see coming from Barnes & Nobles. Thank you Devin for making this book a real piece of work.
--------Background
I have been circulating almost HALF A YEAR to soaking up information on cloudbusting, and let me tell you than was half a year spent very well...well of course my grades might have faltered from something like an A to a B for this reason :)

Let me tell you about my background, I'm up for BOLD hard hitting mentalism and am very into things like Derren Brown, Luke Jermay, suggestions, physiological things, etc..,.,I believe them to be the hardest hitting effects out there.

Months after soaking up information about cloudbusting thread I started to think, and think I did. I studied the moments and back in May I did some cloudbusting for a friend. He comes over with his family near Christmas time with his christian family and hands us christianity booklets and such and starting my sophomore year I had a class with him and we hung out. Days after showing him a suggestion coin vanish I created on the spot he believed I could pull some miraculous things. I then had him imagine the cloud dispersing and holding his shoulder I would give him some energy to do so. I told him to imagine the edges of the cloud to weaken and break and they did so. He was amazed and in disbelief as we had the same class right after the bell rang I took him next to the building and I told him to look around at the sky and I said as we went in the room that I would use the rest of my energy left that I didn't give him to make dark clouds appear, and they did.(THIS WAS BACK IN MAY)..so I think you could see how I excited I was for this book
-----------------------------Now on to the book contents

This part was just what I was expecting which made me as giddy as a little school girl. Devin's part gives you detailed information in his Cloudbusting 101 area. The information he gives you is very SOLID. This is stuff to really take in and cherish. Memorize, knowledge IS power. I'm onto Jerome's section and this stuff made me even more excited, this information is solid. I'm going to read more in a bit I am just resting my eyes for a bit. I really really want a volume 2 in the works this info is miracles in the right hands.

Ok, this is for the people that think Devin and Jerome are going to give you a magic word to vanish a cloud. They're not. They give you solid information that if you take to heart and learn you'll be able to do what they do at times. If you like to do pk touches and pk time on regular occasions like myself you might be into this. Like those two effects I just mentioned not everyone will do these effects for one reason or another, not even bust a cloud..I know how some people like to learn and do things. If you are one of those people, prepare to be disappointed...and go on to do your ambitious card or 2 card monte :)

I highly praise this book, Thank you guys.
I just finished the book, a ton of information on the topic to soak in and remember. I will read it tons of times over in the future, great stuff guys. I applaud your guys' efforts, vol 2 pretty please. More onto Jerome's part, this stuff is great. I liken it to be done in more intimate settings. I loved getting two different thoughts on the subject. And what is best about almost stuff is impromptu, it is up to the performer to make the best decision possible on when/what he wants to do to make a strong impact on people. With much thought you can take part with Jerome's techniques to create other phenomena.

The section on weather control is exactly what I thought it would be, good stuff. These are very much HIGH convincers of being psychic if they were not convinced already with your ability to mentally kill a cloud (HIGHLY doubtful lol)
Blindside,

Great review! Thanks for paying attention to detail ;)

Also, I appreciate you guys acknowledging our customer support and service. Devin and I have both been on top of this 110% since the beginning, and it is no easy task! It's been our pleasure to be so involved with you guys :)

More initial reviews should be rolling in soon!

Best,
J.
I too received my copy of the book earlier today! (Yay! :bg: )

I have read to page 31 so far. I stopped there to go outside and just study the clouds, but it was already later in the afternoon, and there were no clouds.

I can't wait until tomorrow where I can study the clouds and continue reading the book!

My initial (so far) review:

The Look - This book truly does look like it came from Barnes & Nobles! This is a professionally printed, edited, and thought out book! There are 130 pages, and a few pictures in the book to let you see what you need to look for to get Cloudbusting down. A LOT of hard work has obviously went into this book!

The Info - To the point! Cloud busting is described in full detail, and nothing is left out! It is simple and to the point. There are MANY very, very nice ideas in the book including Cloudbusting + Rainmaker, Gypsy Cloud Banishing, Voodoo Cloud, and more! Every small detail is covered! No rock left unturned!

Like I said, I am only 31 pages in, but am already LOVING what I am reading!!

Devin and Jerome have really exceeded my expectations and came through 100% with this book! Congrats to you guys!!
-Vinnie
Just received your cloudbusting yesterday and I have to say it is the best magic book I have ever purchased next to Paul Harris's Art of Astonishment. At first I thought $40 for a small soft cover book was a little much but when I started reading all the information I thought I had a great bargain. This stuff is priceless! Most importantly, the effects on the book are practical, impromptu, looks impossible and you would use when the opportunity arises. Some effects are much harder than others such as making clouds appear and cloud sculpting but they are very, very strong when the conditions are right to perform. Also, all the aditional effects devin and jerome included such as changing the weather and producing rainbows are invaluable. I was already busting clouds in traffic this morning after only 30 pages in, can't wait to do it at the beach for friends this weekend
Whow!
knickz4lyfe20, I urge you to read all the above posts, as well maybe as the long thread on the other section...
Jerome and Devin made some important adjustments regarding the ethic behind Cloudbusting". Please treat this carefully as to not performing it as a simple trick among others...
[quote]
On 2007-08-03 11:36, lawrens wrote:
Whow!
knickz4lyfe20, I urge you to read all the above posts, as well maybe as the long thread on the other section...
Jerome and Devin made some important adjustments regarding the ethic behind Cloudbusting". Please treat this carefully as to not performing it as a simple trick among others...

[/quote]

you clearly misunderstood my statement. notice how I said "you would use when the opportunity arises" and not "whenever you can." of course I wouldnt use this as often as card tricks, ive been doing paid gigs for over 6 years and magic for much longer. whats so wrong about wanting to perform and practicing on friends, who've seen and criticized my magic for a decade, this weekend when I am doing an outside gig on august 7th (which is scheduled to be a cloudy day) and I really want to make sure this delivers. thanks
Hello all,
Here is another cloudbusting episode I had awhile ago!
I was sitting at my desk working, and two guys I know from work came up to me and asked "Is it true that you can control the elements, such as weather!" I said as a matter of fact it is true.
So we went outside, and I told him to pick a cloud.
He did so, and I told him I was going to make it vanish.
I made a powerful gesture towards the sky while covering the cloud from view.
The next time they were able to see it, one guy said, Whoah!!! its starting to disperse. I then continued to vanish the cloud and sucking all the energy out of it! and it was gone. One guy looked at me and said "Wow, the cloud is now a part of you" They were very very impressed.
I am starting to build up my reputation as a miracle worker!

ALEX
I also had a great experience today! When I woke up, I looked out the window, but no clouds. =[

So I waited until the afternoon, and the clouds looked beautiful!

I busted 3 small/medium clouds in about 1 - 1 1/2 minute each! (Note, I was not showing anyone, simply doing it for myself.)

The feeling was so nice to know that this stuff truly works and it feels like true magic to myself! I can only imagine how it would look to a spectator!!

I have one question for everyone who has busted some clouds so far... Being that you need to look into the sky, and even know the sun could be in the opposite direction, there is still strong light that bounces off the clouds... Do you guys wear sun glasses or something, or does it not bother your eyes at all? (I'm talking about mostly when your busting from outside, not indoors)
It's really sunny these days in NJ, and I find that my eyes water and are irritated from even looking at the clouds for a period of time. I put on my sunglasses and its better now... Hey, maybe if your preforming for someone, the watering eyes thing could be a good convincer!! :)

Once again, great work Jerome and Devin!!
-Vinnie
Vinny,
I wear sun glasses, BUT TAKE THEM OFF. It's part of my presentation. I will point to the cloud, and with one hand remove the glasses and hold them off to the side. The other hand goes to the side of my temple. I focus and sweat as I describe in the book causing the cloud to vanish.

In effect this creates the effect that you eyes contain a power. The sun glasses PROTECT the world from your eyes. You bust the cloud and put the glasses back on. You make NO COMMENT about the glasses. The action will speak for itself.

Who knows maybe you are an Alien or demon in human form. You eyes have to be hidden. This theme has been used in Sci Fi movies. Again you say nothing. Just remove the sun glasses and focus on the cloud, bust it and put them back on. They will REALLY wonder.

People who meet me often say they can feel a dark force around me. It's an errie feeling and the removing of the glasses adds to the effect.

Believe me, this doesn't come off as hokey. Play it right and people will wonder about you.

Devin
Thanks Devin! That sounds great, and adds a lot to it! =]

Just out of curiosity, has anyone asked you about the sunglasses after you busted the cloud? If so, what did you say?

Thanks man! I'm going outside to practice some more! :bg:
-Vinnie
Nobody has ever asked about the glasses. You come across as a man in black. LOL
Devin,

You're one of the X-Men, truly! ;)

-J.

P.S. Keep practicing guys! Become proficient, and then go unleash your gifts and talents on the world! Thanks for the reviews, and keep them coming!
[quote]
On 2007-08-02 13:47, magicbuilder wrote:
This is a very interesting idea. In Jerome's section he briefly covers make clouds swirl using a Luke Jermay technique.
[/quote]

I found it! I can't believe I missed that on the first read, especially since I've tried that effect a few times in walk around situations. I think it was because I was so engrossed in what I was reading that was new to me, my brain passed over the reference of what I was familiar with in order to get back to the new stuff!!

A good lesson for me! There are a few books out there that actually read better the second and third times you read them, as the information just keeps flying at you. And some of it is more subtle in nature than others. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE BOOKS! Even if a person never busted a cloud ever in their life or tried to change the weather, there is enough information in this book on just the principles of constructing an effect and developing your presentation to more than pay for the book! This is one of those books that I will read many times over to glean something new to absorb each time! It really reminds of material from people like Kenton, Jermay and DB. It seems like nearly every page has given me ideas on how to change things about my performance or aspects of certain pieces that I perform. Oh yeah, and there's great information on busting clouds and altering the weather! This is definitely on my top shelf.
Final update on the Weather Change. Well guys, today is Saturday and the forecast for the Pittsburgh wedding HOT AND SUNNY with NO chance of rain. I called the groom last night and said the sunshine was one of my wedding presents. He KNEW the forecast last week said chance of thunderstorms today.

There was a chance of thunderstorms yesterday during the rehearsal dinner. I told them I'd prevent the rain for that too,...it didn't rain.

Today at the wedding reception, I will politely remind the skeptics from last week, that I DID STOP/DELAY the rain.

The forecast for Pittsburgh tomorrow (Sunday)shows thunderstorms. I will point out that the rain forecasted for today has been delayed TILL TOMORROW as a wedding gift.

So there you have it folks, A REAL LIFE and in REAL time example of chapter three at work. If you haven't read the book, then my chapter on weather changing details exactly how this was pulled off.

Like I said before, this technique works. Those who followed the forecasts for Pittsburgh since my first post will see, that rain was forecasted for both Friday and Saturday. There was NO RAIN either day. However the rain is now scheduled for Sunday.

You guys can do this stuff too...read the chapter and try it. It works even though it sounds impossible.

Devin
(I think I should stop by and post here.)

I just got my book today (4th Aug) and the book was shipped on 30th July. I am in Hong Kong and the book has arrived in 5 days! (I thought it's going to take more than a week) :D

I have finished reading Devin's section and have yet to try. The secrets are clearly explained with nothing held back. Even a non-English-speaker like me can understand it 99% if not 100%. Also it's a pleasure reading through those stories.

It's so simple but not very easy.

Thanks Devin. [i]Keep busting[/i], my friends!
Hello all

I guess I cant say much more about how good the book is than was already said.
But I do want to say that it gives or arms for that matter...(heh that's my Marine blood flowing) a person a impromptu devastator. When I say impromptu I mean it you don’t have to have any gimmicks or pre-show AT ALL.
Even if you don’t want to do cloud busting the book offers some top notch advice and trade secrets for use in other areas of mentalism.
It even gave me more uses for some of my other apparatus(don’t laugh, not like that) like oh ultrasmoke 2000....I wont get into my whole presentation but I have a way of using the US2000 as a killer convincer.

Great book, great thoughts
G
Has it already been mentioned (apols if it has!) that doing Cloud Busting might work well in conjunction with the Electric Touch gadget?

For example, stating after you've busted the cloud that the energy in the cloud has to go somewhere (thus linking into the physics/scientific theme that energy is transferred and can't be destroyed... it HAS to go somewhere) and partially some energy from the cloud/air has been transferred to yourself. Then you could continue by asking a spectator if he minds sharing some of the energy that's been aquired as you're getting fed too much to be able to cope. (Some patter like the cloud was larger than usual). Holding hands out and passing the shock through with the ET. Then once the shock has taken place, claiming 'ahhh that's better. Did you feel it?' Done correctly, it could be cool and not tacky. Although I suppose I'll get a better idea of if this is feasable once I read the book when it arrives! :) So forgive me if this idea is rubbish. :)
A couple of gimmicks could work well as convincers. Jerome goes over a very good "gimmick" , as well as Devin with the rainmaker

Ultrasmoke 2k goes over well for convincer to appear a cloud, electric touch can go with a convincer of extra stored energy.Ultrasmoke
Thanks Jerome and Devin for a wonderfull book..this book will be a classic, decades to come...Just glad I was able to have this book in this century...
I spent all day yesterday observing the clouds after reading the book, and today, my dad and I went to pick up Chinese food, and while we were waiting in the car, the sun roof was open. I thought to myself, this is a great way to practice. So I told my dad to look at the sky, I pointed at the clouded and stated that I would make it vanish. And sure enough, it did. My dad never gets fooled, but he just stared at me in amazement after this one. Then I said, I'll do something even better, after that cloud vanished, there were only 2 or 3 clouds left in the sky, so I told my dad to go in and get the food, when he returned, I pointed to the sky, the sky was filled with clouds of different shapes and sizes. He almost dropped the food in amazement.

Wonderful book, I couldn't have enjoyed it more!

Mitchell
Hi All,

I'm a bit jealous reading these posts because I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive. I thought it would arrive today (Saturday) for sure, but it did not :-( Guess I'll have to wait until Monday before I can join in all your excitement.

Regards, Steve
It's definitely worth the wait. You'll see. :) Thanks Jerome and Devin for this excellent release!
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Aug 5, 2007 01:14AM)
Sounds very, very tempting
Got my copy yesterday and it is awesome!! After reading Devins First half of the book, I went out to check out the skies...I must have busted 6 clouds. This book is full of great ideas to add to cloudbusting to make it more of a routine. After more study of the skies, this is something I'll be doing for people quite a bit. Jerome has some really great techniques that I cannot wait to try on the clouds and other things. After I busted my first couple of clouds I knew this was money well spent and that it was worth the wait. Thanks Devin and Jerome!!! Now both of you get your next projects out!!!!

Mike
Man, even people in different countries are getting theirs before me =(. I'm not reading anymore about cloudbusting until I get my book. It makes me too anxious.
Got my book yesterday too, wonderful little book of clouds, couldn't put it down. Now I've go back and observe the sky.

Thanks Devin and Jerome to let out this material, if there's a book 2, add me to the list. :)

Best,
-Ed
Got my book on Friday. When I showed it to my wife she thought I was crazy. Then we had a really bad electrical storm and my wife thinks it's all because of me practicing cloud busting.

Anyway the book looks great and I look forward to using its ideas. Unfortunately the weather has been kind of crazy here in New York the past few days but I'm sure I'll soon have my chance.

Steve
Steve, YOU caused the bad electrical storms. TAKE CREDIT FOR IT just as the book says.
I was talking to a friend about this book...he asked me if it is sold out yet.

Is it sold out?
Mota,

I'm not sure. All of my copies were sold weeks before the book was released. I believe all of Devin's are sold as well, and the place to get one (if possible), would be to contact your favorite magic dealer and ask them. Murphy's is distributing the book, and I have no idea how many they have left or where they are going.

Best,
Jerome.
I have 3 copies, three people who reserved wrote back and said they didn't have the money and to let someone else have it. All of my other books have gone to Murphy's, the book is not on their web site yet, so it may have sold out thru presales to their dealer line.

Devin
Devin,
I would tell my wife I caused the storms but I'm afraid I'll be busting a marriage as well as a cloud. Better I stick to clouds. Thanks, and I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun with your great book.

Steve
Message: Posted by: SpellbinderEntertainment (Aug 7, 2007 03:01PM)
There are certain things which historically separate
a Truly-Great-Magical-Performer
from a Truly-Mediocre-Magical-Performer
(and the same holds true for Psychic Entertainers)

Anyone can buy a trick, or a book, or a video,
quickly run through them, then print cards,
and claim to be a magician…

But the skilled Technician and Artisan
learns to respect and savor the
Sweat, Heart, Time, and Emotional Investment of their learning Journey.

And, so what about “Cloud Busting Secrets”???

Plain and simple:
if studied,
then practiced,
then rehearsed,
then used over time,
the techniques in this small volume will assist you in becoming a better-and-better Magician and Performer OVERALL, as well as one heck of a Cloud Buster!

What you’ll learn cannot help but permeate and affect every aspect of your entertainment and creative life- if taken to heart and worked with.

The SAME things that apply to Cups and Balls or elegant Card Magic apply here:

-Misdirection,
-Audience Control,
-Acting Ability,
-Courage and Daring,
-Command of Language
-Commanding Attention,
-Intuition,
-Timing of Moves,
-Stagecraft,
-Ability to read an audience
-A lifetime of Practice

… ALL these things that make someone an expert Close-up or Stage-magician
are elements needed to be an effective Cloud Buster too, and visa-versa.

If all you want to know are the “secrets”
…please save your money…
just as one could say a great secret of Cups and Balls is an extra ball,
you can oversimplify Cloud Busting
and take the Art and Craft away from the phenomena.

For the many who want instant-magic with instant-gratification,
FORGET this book
and spend your bucks on the latest magic shop trick.

I’d suspect there’s nothing quite so boring, unimpressive, or sad,
as a sloppy wanna-be Cloud Buster.

For those few willing to build-up their ENTIRE magical skill-set and range,
this will be a valuable tool, with an encyclopedic scope for such a slim volume.

No mentor- no club- no school- no book- no video- no prop-
can make you into a great performer…
these are merely the tools you can use (or not use)
to make YOURSELF into a Great Entertainer, if you invest the energy and time.

And this is a Tool-Book…
only if like the virtuoso-violinist or master-painter
you’re willing to put in the hours
of blood, sweat, and tears
and Master the basic building-blocks of Magic,
along with other techniques in this book,
will it be of any value to you, or your audiences at all.

The Cups and Balls…
they’ve been around for as long as people have been performing Magic…
and Clouds have been around even longer,
it’s not what’s there…
it’s what you are willing to learn to DO with the tools around you
that makes any Magic HAPPEN.

So, in my opinion:
this book is NOT for the curious,
nor the faint of heart,
certainly not for the lazy,
BUT if you’re up for the challenge,
and willing to Master what these two gentlemen teach,
EVERY aspect of your Magic will grow and be improved.

Finally, may I suggest a good acting text, such as “Respect For Acting”
(by Uta Hagan, ISBN: 978-0-02-547390-4)
as a good supplementary text to help you with many of these Cloud Busting techniques…
as well as the skillful progression of your journey as a Magician or Psychic Entertainer.

Magically,
Walt
Walt..What a magnificent post!

On July 30 on page #2 of this thread I attempted to convey what you were able to say much more eloquently an thoroughly.

This is not a Magic trick..this is a lifelong endeavor.In order to be successful at presenting a credible cloud melting/weather controlling performance,one must become a serious student of weather/cloud formations.This will take great patience,study,and OBSERVATION.

I will say this:If you are not going to take the time to seriously study the sky and what causes the changes[and keeping a notebook..as Jerome suggests]do not even bother to continue.You might as well sell your book,because this is something that is very powerful,and anything that powerful cannot be learned overnight..or in a week.

I have busted a few clouds..for my own tittillation,however,I am nowhere near the point where I would consider performing this for others formally.This is going to take some work[planning and scripting,and getting a grip on what the heck is going on in the sky].

Again,I urge all to take Walts post to heart.

Rich
Wonderful post, Walt. Thank you!!!

Best,
Jerome
Thank you, Walt. Your posts are some of the most erudite on the Café. It's always a pleasure to read your thoughts.
Done.
Read from cover to cover.

*cough*

Thanks Mr Spellbinder for your post, as for me you explain very well my actual feeling...
I will add I need time for two reasons:
Weather here in France is rather chaotic these times, I have no chance to work Devin's part...until...
But this is ok because in the waiting I'll read again while taking notes!
Second reason is about Jerome's section: I'll need a lot of time to understand all he says, to integrate some of the thoughts to my magic...
This book makes me think like no other and I thank you both for that!!

"Chapeau bas, Messieurs!!"

^^
Wow, thanks everyone. The posts here are excellent and they have inspired me(us) a lot. As a magician, a mentalist or an entertainer, we have to take our time on practice and do not rush into performing after we know the basic concept. We shouldn't ruin the feats and ruin the audience's feeling. Instead, we should leave them with an unforgettable magicial experience with these miracles.

I've busted a few clouds for myself yesterday when I was at the football ground, sitting there looking at the sky after a tiring 5-a-side football game. It feels really good. But then, I won't perform to anyone yet until I think I've polished up my "work". Cloudbusting is a whole new subject in my magic life. :)

Keep busting! (I love this line Devin :) )
Houston
Are their still people out there that believe someone can control these kinds of things?
Yes, tens of thousands of people. The proof is in the doing...once they see it, they believe it, no other explanation seems possible.
Thank you so much Devin and Jerome!!!
This book is really a gem! I cant believe that you guys let this one out!
this is going to be long but here's my CLOUDBUSTING Story...btw I know that I should have practised more or finished the book b4 performing but I couldn't resist!

Ok now that's out of the way..I just received my copy of the book last night and I am half way thru reading it...I have to admit that the method is not what I expected..but seemed like it might actually work.

I went to the Baseball game today (blue jay v.s. Yankees) and saw a sky that was perfect to bust some clouds...I was with my gf(a total skeptic and thought that I wasted my $$ on the book) and told her to watch a cloud...i said that I was going to make it dissapear...she laughed...i told her give me a couple of mins..

After slowly breaking it to pieces and finally vanishing it she just went nuts! People overheard us talking and didn't believe her...so of course I had to do it..so I did and they entire row just went crazy! For the rest of the game ppl were just in shock and disbelief (maybe its the beer lol..) but an experience that they and I wont forget...(I busted my first cloud! WOOHOO!!)

For those who have a chance to get the book please do so...this is totally different than anything you'll perform (well for me anyways) and def worth ever cent! I cant wait to finish the rest of the book....

Sorry for the long post...but I just wanted to share that with everyone

Thanks again for the book!

Teamgreen :)
Fantastic story! I know you rushed into busting the cloud so soon after reading the book, but those reactions must have been great! Awesome story! Was smiling the whole way through. :)

I love reading peoples busting stories! :)
Salut Devin and Jerome!

Your work is so good and thought provoking I would suggest create a private forum dedicated to clouds, weather, etc... ^^
This way each owner of the book would share ideas and stories, as well as discuss with you about the knowledge inside.

What do you think?

Buster Keeper...
[b]GOD!!![/b] I want to get into my book.
Private forum for book buyers would be an absolutely brilliant idea. I second that. :)
Mine arrived safe and well from the US to UK today, and so did an email from alakazam saying they had it in stock DOH!

Well at least I saved $3 on Alakazam's retail price :)

Not had chance to read the book yet, but a quick flick through I only noticed four photographs, for some reason I expected their to be more examples!

Anyways, time to read, been looking forward to this!

MC

Cheers
Hey Devin & Jerome -- I thoroughly enjoyed this book all the way through. One question though, I am going on a trip next month and was wondering if this can be done/practiced from in a plane while up in the sky, or with extremely up close clouds while in the sky? (Hopefully I will have a window seat, haha!) :) Are either of you members of the "Mile-High Busting Club"? haha!

--Bustin-- I mean, JUSTIN :)
Has anybody in the midwest gotten their copy yet? I keep telling myself it'll be here tomorrow, but I'm wrong every day.
Justin,

In my experience, you can ALMOST do this with clouds from an airplane, but the problem is in seeing it . . . you pass them so fast. What I have done is caused them to swirl around instead, and even caused strange objects to appear in the sky. This is advanced work, but I'm sure with a solid understanding of the principles and work from the book, you could develop something similar.

I would recommend some type of ON GOING effect, such as clouds swirling and changing color, one that will happen over a period of time and with many clouds, as opposed to busting one or more of them up.

I'm heading out of town for work. I'll be back in 4 days. PM me if you need assistance.

BTW, a private forum would be great. That is something to seriously consider.

So far, only two people have not received their copies out of the many dozens and dozens that went out. PM me if you ordered from me and have not received your book. I have a few left for private lectures and for friends, but I will surely take care of my customers first. If you have not received your book, these ones will be for you with a little something extra.

All orders went out the same day via Priority Mail quite some time ago. By my watch, everyone in the U.S. should DEFINITELY have theirs, oversea orders should arrive very soon if not already. You guys will be taken care of, no worries ;)

Best,

-Jerome.
I was at work today and I was looking up at the clouds, and since I do not have any idea what is in this book, I was killing myself trying to figure out how its done.
Yeah I look at clouds a lot now. Sounds interesting, might have to pick it up sometime.
Well, I've found two interesting links on the www relative to cloudbusting...but I wouldn't post them here to preserve the work of the authors.
I would really like to share these with you but how?
Yay for a private forum!!
^^
I'm Glad this one got good reviews.. Let me share this little story with you:
I got a cloudbusting e-book from ebay ages ago.. Spent around $10 on it.. which was a total waste. I can even disclose the method given in that e-book, without breaking any ethical rules.. The method was: "Look at the clouds, immagine very hard that they will disappear.. believe it or not, if you do believe they will disappear, they will!! I don't know how and why it works, but it does with some practice!" That was it! Fortunately there were some other tricks (not cloudbusting related at all) which weren't too bad.. but cloudbusting was the main reason why I even bought it. So If I ever find out who wrote that cr** he's the one who's gona end up in some cloud..
Unfortunately the account was deleted and I could not get bothered to go through the whole investigation process.. Well, lesson learned :/

By the way, can someone tell me why I can't post a new message to this thread? I clicked on "quote" now to post this.. but shouldn't there be a REPLY field as in all other threads?

Cheers
Carl
I received this book yesterday. I read the first hundred pages.

I went out this morning and cleared the sky of clouds. For once I impressed my wife with magic. She knew I was reading this and wanted to see what I could do.

I didn't mean to just go out and do it...that's just how it worked out.

Very nice book...the authors should be personally proud.
BRAVO....the blue sky effect. You were lucky to have the right conditions to do this the first time you tried. The blue sky effect of clearing the sky is very IMPRESSIVE when you pull it off.

Devin
I've done cloudbusting for quite sometime. This is definately the ultimate treatise on the subject.

If you have any interest in taking this concept to levels far beyond what you've done in the past, I reccomend this book.

If you have never experimented with this effect by all means purchase the book. You will always have a very strong impromtu effect ready to go.

Rick
If I were you...I would order this book just for page 105! :) But since I'm me, I certainly will. :)

Devon and Jerome or Jerome and Devon: Jeremy Weiss eMailed me a 'quote'. I'm truely flattered...flabergasted even. One of these days, I'll really believe I exist and am not a figment of my own imagination or somebody's imaginary friend.
:)

Doug
*Checks page 105*

One word - PLUG.

HAHAH! Just messin' around...

I can't say enough good things about this book!
-Vinnie
A recommendation, sincerely delivered I'm sure. :)
I'm glad you guys are loving the book. Jerome and I are sold out and Murphy's has already sold HALF of the books I sent them in the first 5 days! I expect this book to be out of print by the end of the month. If you are considering getting this, I wouldn't delay. Contact your favorite dealer while you can.

Devin
The day the book came, a storm that was supposed to hit my area never came!

Thanks for the book, I've so far vanished two clouds and the reactions are like "Wow that's trippy!" I lifeguard at a waterpark so I can practice all day. Whenever the water is clear of course ;)

Great book

Joe
IM on page 19 and all I can say is [b]WHAT!?![/b]
I melted a cloud this afternoon (cleared the sky earlier).

Melting a cloud is an incredible rush. The "secret" is the emotional reaction...it is very natural. I "know" but still get the rush when the cloud melts.

If you miss out on this book you are really losing out.

Real magic.
Hey Paisa,

Is that a good WHAT!?! or a bad WHAT!?!

Tim
A Confused [b]What[/b]. But I have to read more. To me, so far seems very promising.
Haha, that's good bro!

Get to page 31, and go out and try to bust a cloud on your own if you understand it enough. If not, reread to page 31.

And Mota, your so right! It feels like real magic when you actually know the secret, but do the trick to yourself! I get all warm and tingly inside when I bust my clouds! :bg: HAHA!

-Vinnie
I can totally relate to the ppl that say that this feels like real magic when busting the clouds..Just to restate what Mota said..eventhough I kno how it works and the method behind it...as soon as the cloud melts I get a bit of a rush out of it...i know it sounds a bit silly but the first time I busted a cloud for ppl I felt pretty proud.

Teamgreen :)
Well what a fantastic book. Even if you don't enjoy the method this book will teach you a lot about presentation. I'm ready to read the whole thing again already!

In England it's a little more difficult to get a batch of workable clouds I think, so I've had trouble at least today trying to bust. I suppose it all comes down to just practice practice practice... like everything else!

My family know I've been hinting that you can play with the elements if you focus your energy right, and about half an hour ago I managed to bust all the clouds ontop of my house, leaving a full canope of clouds surrounding the house, so we had a perfect patch of blue sky directly above us with clouds covering the rest of the sky!

I can't say it totally blew my family away when I showed them what had happened, but it's enough to make them curious as they did 100% agree it was a bit of a strange site. It's made them think about what else may be possible... I have a feeling this story is to be continued... so long as I can prove my worth! :)

Thanks Jerome and Devin for a superb publication, which is well thought out and well written. The production has had time spent over it; it's not a rushed job and you can tell. Thanks for making it as good as you have done.
[quote]
On 2007-08-11 11:39, elevenseventysix wrote:

Thanks Jerome and Devin for a superb publication, which is well thought out and well written. The production has had time spent over it; it's not a rushed job and you can tell. Thanks for making it as good as you have done.
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind comments. We really worked hard on this. At one point I had Jerome rewrite most of his section to make it easier to understand. Plus with the help of two professional editors, we turned out what I like to think is a quality publication. It was not a rushed job, that is why you guys waited almost 6 months to actually get it.

Devin
This is an amazing book!

I have been busting clouds (for myself) at every oportuinity the last few days and it looks amazing!

All of the different presentational ideas given in the book are great, I cann't wait to try them out( and discover a few of my own ;) ).

This book is pure gold and if you don't have you'll be missing out.

Thank you so much for publishing this book Devin and Jerome...I love it!

Aidan :)
I read to page 31 the day that I got it, and then I didn't get a chance since to open it back up again (other than the time I checked page 105 :bg: )

So I'm going to crack it open again right now, and start from page 1, and not put it down until I finish! =]

I can honestly say that I HATE days with blue sky's! All the time over here in NJ where I am, there are NO CLOUDS! Grrrr!
Who has been busting all of my clouds? >.<

-Vinnie
The Gypsy Cloud Swindle is (here it comes) WORTH THE PRICE OF THE BOOK!

Gold, pure gold.

Thanks Devin and Jerome. The book is a joy to read and a pleasure to perform.

Cheers from Australia,
Jason
Hello friends,

I've just returned home after a fantastic weekend of performing and spending time with friends at Bear Lake. It's nice to get back here and see all the welcome comments for our book. I appreciate all of you!!!

Roth,
You da' man! ;) I'm so glad you enjoyed the work!

Higley,
A well deserved plug, of course! You have mail.

To the UK boys,
You guys are tops! I've received many emails and PM's since I've been away praising the book and my work within it. I do appreciate it and know the book is in good hands!

Paisa,
Feel free to contact me anytime if you have questions.

Everyone,
It does my heart good to see this book so loved and appreciated. I cannot express my gratitude enough. THANK YOU!!!

To anyone who has misplaced orders,
I've not received any books returned in the mail. You 3 will have new books sent out via UPS first thing in the morning. Thank you for your patience and understanding, I'm not really sure what happened here!?!

Sincerely,
Jerome Finley
Message: Posted by: Dale A. Hildebrandt (Aug 12, 2007 04:13PM)
Hello everyone,

"Cloud Busting Secrets" by Devin Knight and Jerome Finley is a wonderful book.

I understand that it was out of the scope of the book to go into more detail on some of the NLP aspects that Jerome mentioned, but I would have liked to read some of that information, but I understand the decision not to include it.

This book has already given me two new ideas and a way to enhance a routine I'd developed before reading this book. Plus, there are all sorts of ways to enhance presentation and framing of many things besides cloud busting, as well as ways to apparently control the weather.

This is a fascinating read. More importantly, the applications work wonders allowing you to be a wonder worker yourself.

Sincerely,
Dale A. Hildebrandt
Just want to say I've busted a buncha clouds today, and that seems to have caused a storm tonight here.

I still don't feel ready to actually perform this stuff for someone else yet, so far just practice, getting the hang of it.

And I agree with mota that even knowing what I know, it's still really fun and amazing for me to do it.

This is good stuff. wheeee.
Wow! Is that the same Higley who is on page 105:

Though not "prop free", Doug Higley's incredible "Dark Museum" also works well, and is a strong enough prelude to cloudbusting. I used his Ear, Toe and Monkey paw set-up on a regular basis, and included it in dozens of performances which utilized cloud melting at some point.

(I hope Devin forgives the direct quote used without permission, but it doesn't give anything away.)

Higley can you send me the E, T and MP? PM me.

Jeremy
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Aug 12, 2007 10:49PM)
Devin! Please send some copies to Morrissey Magic at http://www.morrisseymagic.com so I can get in on this. I have been eagerly waiting 6 months for this!
Have your dealer contact Murphy's to get some of the few remaining in stock.

devin
Whew... I thought I missed out on this and then an email from alakazam comes saying they have this instock now, I ordered it straight away. It's good to see all the great praise this is getting, looking forward to finding everything out for myself.
I've been holding 3 signed copies for quite a while that were reserved. The three people have not responded back to repeated PMs, so I guess they don't want them. I'm releasing them, rather then hold them any longer as the stock of this book is getting low (even with my distributor).

If you are interested in getting one of the three remaining SIGNED copies, PM me. Yes you can buy a copy from a dealer, but it won't be a signed copy if that is important to you.

Devin
Well that's me sold.

Thank you I will P.M you now.

Dean
[quote]
On 2007-08-12 17:13, Dale A. Hildebrandt wrote:
Hello everyone,

"Cloud Busting Secrets" by Devin Knight and Jerome Finley is a wonderful book.

I understand that it was out of the scope of the book to go into more detail on some of the NLP aspects that Jerome mentioned, but I would have liked to read some of that information, but I understand the decision not to include it.

This book has already given me two new ideas and a way to enhance a routine I'd developed before reading this book. Plus, there are all sorts of ways to enhance presentation and framing of many things besides cloud busting, as well as ways to apparently control the weather.

This is a fascinating read. More importantly, the applications work wonders allowing you to be a wonder worker yourself.

Sincerely,
Dale A. Hildebrandt
[/quote]

Dale,

Thank you for your thoughts! The routine you speak of was already !AMAZING!, I can't wait to see what you have done with it since reading our book!!! This one will be in the benefit work, yes?

Regarding NLP, it is a vast and sorely misunderstood subject. Many of us (you included) have realized this, and thank you for understanding that it was outside the scope of this book to further delve into the area.

I've been contemplating a Persuasion Course developed specifically for magicians and mentalists. We can talk about this elsewhere ;)

It's an honor to receive your comments, Dale. I've admired your work for some time now, and it is always fascinating and magical!

Best,
Jerome.
I recived a copy of this material yesterday and since I had some serious work to get done I got up at 3am this morning. I read the stuff...fantastic stuff! I also got some work done. Taking a break about noon, I looked into the sky and there was a bank of puffy white clouds high in the sky...I picked one out and within a minute and a half it was gone...melted away (the others around it were still there.) Needless to say my jaw fell off. Good grief this is powerful stuff!!!! I had just put a nice round hole through the chosen cloud and made it go away. I did that.

I'm going to the Home now.
Doug,

I'm honored, truly.

Thank you.

-J.
Beautiful work you guys. So well written and clear and covers all the bases. Instant Classic.
There have been many reports of strange things happening. Besides this forum, Jerome and I are getting emails and PM telling us of the following. Mysterious blue skies appear above the buyer's home. Electrical storms form the same day the book arrives, sometimes causing power failures. Thunder and lightning seems to be a common occurance while some are reading the book. Others claim they can find NO clouds after reading the book. These are indeed strange but not unexplainable. The secret is simple...however I have a confession to make.

Each book before being sent out was infused with ORGONE Engery I directed toward the book. The book was then blessed by Jerome and infused with power. When the book arrives in your mailbox it is full of ORGONE ENGERY. This has a strange effect on the weather and clouds.

Now, mind you, clouds are a smart bunch. They can sense danger. When the book arrives in the mail box, the clouds sense impending DOOM. They get scared and move to safety elsewhere. They want to LIVE, not be busted by some cloudbusting crazie.
This explains why so many of you are finding blue circles above your home and completely cloudless skies.

Other clouds offer a counter attack, they decide to form an electrical storm and cause a power failure, hopefully to prevent you from reading the book.

Yes, friends the clouds fear and tremble at the sight of this book. Sometimes this tremble comes across as a rumble or thunder. If you hear thunder while reading the book, then you know the clouds are trembling in your presences.

You can demonstrate the ORGONE Engery in the book BEFORE YOU EVEN READ IT. Once you get your book, go out and find a small cloud off to itself in the blue sky. This way you are only picking on one cloud. This prevents the others from ganging up and raining on you.

Point the book toward the single cloud, while uttering, "CLOUD I REBUKE YOU!" Amazingly you will find the cloud will vanish within minutes thanks to the orgone engery coming from the book. Yes this works, even if you haven't read the book.

I hope this explains what has been going on. I know many of your family members are complaining about the storms that seem to appear after getting the book. At least you know. D..m those clouds.....

Devin
Devin spells better in the actual book. :)
LOL!

He has typing dyslexia, but we still love him!

J.
Today was a magnificent day at my locale for practicing 'cloud alteration' and vanishing.

I learned much today,although my neighbor's are probabably questioning my mental health...being that for most of the day I had had my head cocked back and was muttering to myself...The sacrificices we must make for the persuit of our Art. :wow:

Oh,I almost forgot,I think my Amygdala's are inflamed. :dizzy:

Rich
Sorry, all that Orgone power messes up the brain....
Rich,

Click it forward! ;)

-J.
*laughs*

The clouds are Orgoing, Orgoing, Orgone!

If I bust addresses and phone numbers into the clouds, would that make the sky my personal orgoneizer?

*Ducks*
[quote]
On 2007-08-13 22:12, TT2 wrote:
Rich,

Click it forward! ;)

-J.
[/quote]

Thanks Jerome.

I just got off the phone with my personal physician.He said the inflammation probably is the result of clicking my Amygdalae forward too many times in too short a period.

He told me to take two Aspirins and ESP him in the morning. :)

Seriously though,this is big fun.It is nice to know that very often...the props needed to perform a miracle are right there ..above us.

By the way it doesn't hurt for cloud 'busterneer's' to learn a little about the different types of clouds.Here is one of my favorite sites.

http://www.eo.ucar.edu/webweather/cloud3.html

Rich

Ps.Psy-Kosh:Very clever..and ..very funny. :)
I'd like to add an additional piece of advice that perhaps your doctor may have neglected:

Sustained cloudbusting ability can be affected by diet. You should make a habit of only eating orgonic food.

*ducks again*
Hello,

Well That's a week now that I'm training myself on clouds and weather...each day is a new opportunity to work something out from the book, possibilities are endless!

While further searching on the www, I came across this: [url=http://thefolklorist.com/Pareidolia%20Project/doc/Pareidolia%20Project-1241_1.jpg]Rolf Alexander demonstrates his astonishing ability to make clouds disperse...[/url]

Now I can do the same!
^^

It will take time for me to be able to present this to others just because I need to read the sources given by the authors...

Have fun!
...Chinese proverb of the day:

"Close the door, open the window: the moon appears.
Through a stone, open the pond: the sky appears."

Soon I'll take credit for that!!

^^
Still enjoying the book so much, you guys :) All's I can say is that once I get my routine down pat, I can't wait to try it on Jupiter or Saturn! I just Love the clouds there! Hahaha :)

--JustinBustin--
[quote]
On 2007-08-14 05:23, lawrens wrote:

...Chinese proverb of the day:

"Close the door, open the window: the moon appears.
Through a stone, open the pond: the sky appears."

Soon I'll take credit for that!!

^^

[/quote]

Lawrens,

Very good! I'm really into this sympathetic type of magic. Using the above proverb, one might have a person (or group) channel their emotions into a stone, one by one, and then cast it into a pond. The ripple effects of such a ceremony may cause clouds to vanish, ala the Gypsy Swindle, etc.

Casting charged stones and items into a body of water to facilitate magic(K) is an ancient practice. You may even include a lesson in Karma; i.e. the stone represents our INTENTIONS, the water, our ENVIRONMENT (and the Universe).

As our intentions (stone) go out into the world (water), it affects everything around it. The ripple effect occurs and becomes visible Karma (cause and effect). Our Karma (the ripples) moves out to the edges of the pond (Universe), and double back; redirecting themselves towards the Source (you and the cast stone).

This is a visual lesson in the Karmic process. It's nothing personal, the environment is merely responding to our intent and actions in this place. It shows us very clearly, that what we put out there comes back to us. ;)

This is the type of esoteric magic+metaphor=sacred deception that I really prefer. This is the perfect magic of the shaman and the mystic. For me, it begins to transcend illusion and trickery. It can become real magic! This is the type of ritual and magical theatre that invites and encourages REAL MAGIC to happen all around us.

Thokoza!

-Jerome.
Jerome,

Thank you very much for this deep analysis!
In fact I believe that each day could be the subject of a different performance...
I took the chinese calendar example simply because I'm very fond of ancient China philosophy, which I found very rich regarding natural analogies/metaphores:
The "I ching" ancient book shows how elements such water(lake, pond), wind, wood, sky(clouds!) are there all around us, talking to each of us.
This opened a whole new way of embrassing life and ripples.
With such a magical natural theater, one can really do natural magic.
I'm a firm believer of this statement and the book you released with Devin bring to me a whole analogy to my previous thinking!
How could I thank you enough?
Now I understand that it's probably a long way before being able to totally incarnate this knowledge but hey, haven't we all the time we need? ^^

Tchen, l'éveilleur...
__ __
__ __
____

Lawrens
Jerome...what if the clouds are viewed and 'changed' in a reflecting pool or a black 'Charger' of water. As the cloud disapates, the slightest touch of the finger tip to the water will disturb it just enough so that when it resettles to still, the affected cloud will be gone.

D
Doug,

Great idea! I really like that . . . it also reminded me of the old pepper stunt, but much more effective :)

Lawrens,
I appreciate that you are getting so much from the book! Again, it is quite the honor. Thank you.

-J.
Doug! I love that idea! That should definitely be put in Volume 2 if it comes out!

And guys, I meant to tell you guys this yesterday, but it slipped my mind...

Monday (the 13th) I was driving to work with my brother, and noticed the clouds were perfect! As I was driving, I sculpted an actual star in the sky using the clouds as an outline! Basically, the white clouds were around it, and it was the blue sky that was what formed the star shape.

It was amazing! Imagine a hole being in the center of the clouds, showing only a blue hole - it was the same thing, but a big star!

Once I was done, and it was clearly visible it was a star, I turned to my brother and told him to look in the sky. I pointed to it and said "look what I just made". He was a bit skeptical and said 'do it again'. Instead, I said "I made it appear, so I'll make it vanish". Within a minute or so, the star was GONE! No sign of it at all!

My brother didn't know what to think. He didn't show any emotion (mainly because I bother him so much to practice new material on him), but I saw in his face that he was trying to figure it out!

I just wanted to share that little story with you guys! =]

Thanks Jerome and Devin! This stuff is POWERFUL!
-Vinnie
Vinnie,

Thanks for sharing, and you're welcome! :)

Cheers,
J.
If you have ever wanted to create a truly memorable and magical experience for someone, this book will tell you how.

I remember excitedly reading the ad copy of Kenton's Wonder Words in which it claimed to teach you cloud busting. Although after hearing the short section on the discs, it sparked some interest, I felt Kenton didn't explain enough.

(I feel should point out that the wealth of other information in the WW series more than made up for the sting of disappointment.)

When Jerome told me he and Devin where writing this book about Cloud Busting (or 'melting' as Jerome prefers) I was immediately interested. Although I don not perform my mentalism with a 'psychic' or supernatural twist, the idea of creating a strange and magical experience in someones mind is what I strive to create, and that is literally what you can create with the techniques in this book.

The book is very well written and the time spent on it really shows. It is split in to sections to help digestion.

First of all, Devin explains the basic secret and dispels any myths or misconceptions you may have about busting clouds. After reading this first section you straight away begin to see the potential and how you can put your own spin on things.

Jerome then takes you deeper in to the art, explaining his personal touches and how suggestive language and gestures can really make the difference to what your audience perceives has/is happening. Which is the real key to a performance piece of this kind.

To close the book, Devin details methods for appearing to control the weather and potential presentational hooks.

All in all a brilliant book. I highly recommend it, even to 'psychological mentalists' such as myself. Using a subliminal presentation or even private/mass hypnotic experience, in the right hands can make you a legend.
Hello all!

As you may know I'm also a Cristal Ball manipulator (you may check [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=220406&forum=217&12]here[/url] if you don't know what it consists of ^^)...

I came across the idea of displaying a clear 100 mm acrylic ball and showing to the people the reflection in the sphere: they see the sky, blue sky and clouds...

Then I would ask to choose a cloud in the reflection, and from here I would go in some magical contact manipulations with the sphere, aiming to the sky...

Eventually the real cloud would melt under effect of the ball behavior, and for a finale I would show that there's now a cloudy part inside the sphere, as if the real cloud has been caught into it...

Can't wait to test this!!

What do you fellow cloudbusters think?

^^
Lawrens,

That was a beautiful performance my friend!!!

I'm giving you a STRICT CHARGE to combine the two . . . sphere manipulation/contact juggling with cloud melting.

I've always loved contact juggling, it is so magical! It seems to me like manipulating liquid light. This is a perfect thing to do while busting/melting clouds!!! Again, this is powerful shamanic theatre.

I probably would not have the cloud end up in the ball, but you could do it that way. In my eyes, the best performance would be to acknowledge the sky and clouds, and go into your routine with the sphere(s). How magical an experience that the sky changes during your performance with the crystal! It would definitely feel as if the clouds vanished as a result of your working with the ball. It doesn't get much better than that!

Best,
J.
Jerome,

Glad you like the script!!

Imagine: while all attention is directed to the sky, it's a manageable thing to do a change of some sort: not only the sky changed during cristal ball healing/contact manipulations, but also now there's a cloud stucked inside the previously shown empty and clear sphere!!!
(Well I'll probably need a new pouch...)

It will be my pleasure to challenge this script in a live performance just because I'm going better and better at cloud melting...thanks to you and Devin!! :O)

Also I must say I love Mr Higley's suggestion!
What a powerful script using water and stripples!
As for me I certainly would produce a cristal ball out of the water...

...And then go to the above idea...

^^
I didn't read the above, I just wanted to post my first try of this effect. Im in Montana and I have a magician Friend in Jersey. Anyway I'm talking to him Via Text message and he is at his sons football game. I say to him "Im trying something new, you might like this. Look up at the sky, you see those clouds?"
He says Yeah. I tell him to pick one and focus on it, a nice small fluffy one.
He says OK I got one. I tell him that I'm going to try to break it down an make it disappear. Not only that but it will appear here in Montana. He yelled [b]B.S.[/b] I say do it, come trust me pick one and focus really hard on it. In about a minute or two he text me with this "WHAT THE F#$^! ITS GONE!" I didn't even skip a beat and I text him back with "I Know I can see it here." He forgets the texts and calls me and only says, how did you do that? I told him "Its magic" which made him mad, being that he is a magician and all.

Point of this story is that the Tex ting actually worked as a misdirection and time consumer. It made it seem like the cloud vanished a lot quicker, because he was busy Looking at the cloud and texting me back. As far as describing the cloud, all I did was repeat what I told him when I told him to pick a nice fluffy cloud. I mean come on could he really remember what the cloud fully looked like? I loved it.

Just wanted to involve you guys in my Moment of Astonishment.
Wonderful, I'm glad to see someone is actually trying my Cloud Busting via the Cell Phone. I love the idea of using a text message. That is a nice touch and would make it appear to go faster. Bravo.

Devin
Paisa,

NICE! Keep up the great work!!!

I'm really pleased to see you guys carefully considering this work, and most important, USING IT! Cloud busting is one of those things that once learned, stays with you for a lifetime and is always ready to rumble :)

Best,
Jerome.
Kids show idea...relate it to the Winnie The Pooh stories...and Eyore who is always down in the dumps like he has a little cloud over his head. "Well we're going to do something about that. Anybody here that sometimes feels like Eyore?

Pull a volunteer (not a toddler) and charge him to pick a cloud out of the sky and together you will make it vanish.

Have the kid stand there looking at the chosen cloud thinking 'happy' thoughts while you go on with another trick (maybe one where misdirection is needed)...

"How you doing over there? Good...keep concentrating on that cloud!...Oh and shout out loud when it dissappears!"

Just a thought.
Doug,

It's been a long time since I performed for children, but this presentation would be FANTASTIC for the wee ones. Kids typically respond really well to cloud busting and sculpting. Beware though, you do something like you have written above, and they aren't going to leave you alone!

A bit of cheer for everyone involved!

-J.
Get a whinnie that says "think think think think think"
I'm going to put months of studying into the sky and the clouds before I go out and perform again, thank you guys.
Blindside,

You will definitely do GREAT work with that type of research and dedication. If you think about it, a few months is not a lot of time to invest in something you will use forever.

I worked on my first cloud busting presentation for nearly two years before I showed anybody. 10 years later, it is a staple in my working repetoire and one of my favorite things to do.

Devin and I did all we could with the knowledge we have gained, and put it all together in one place for your benefit. We have taken away the learning curve necessary to do this effect WELL. Give it some time, and you will all be brilliant! Cloud busting is one of those things you can learn in a month (or a day!) and then spend the next 5 years truly understanding it.

I wish you all the very best, and much continued success!

-Jerome.
I can't thank Devin and Jerome enough for the book !
Greatest book on something which has been ignored for such a long long time :)
GET IT TODAY GUYS :)

Regards,
Kenny
Just recieved this this morning, read up to page 30 or so and will be settling down early to have a read through.
So far it's great, looking forward to delving deeper into the knowledge this book holds.
An amazing photo that may be of interest to the new cadre of cloudbusters.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap070819.html

Great photography!

Rich
Yesterday I stopped the rain two times. but i´m just not confident enough to tell people that I do such things. the first time she asked me if I did that and I said:"yes".
the second time... I stood in the hard rain and raised my arms...a few seconds later the rain stopped. I just looked at her and smiled, but I didn´t say anything.
anyway...awesome book. :)

thanks devin and jerome
I say it once again --this book is a must have if you wanna bust clouds and control weather
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Aug 20, 2007 11:01PM)
Okay, I give up . . . where is my credit card.
Hi All,

I received my copy last week (Jerome, thanks again for your "above-and-beyond" effort in getting it to me). I've read it (and making my way through it a second time), but have not yet performed for anyone (and won't until I "learn" more; those of you who have this will know what I mean). There's nothing more I can add to the kudos already bestowed upon Devin and Jerome, but I'll say this anyway... impressively splendid!

Regards, Steve
I can't believe this! I read the book (skeptically at first, but then the genius of it dawned on me), and then I practiced for a week straight. I'm embarrased to say that the first day I couldn't bust a single cloud! But I persisted, and on the second day of trying I busted one of those wispy high-flying clouds, and then I started doing larger clouds with greater consistency, even busted a dark rain cloud and managed to have it rain. So I finally get the hang of this, and I show it to my Mom, who has always been my toughest critic (I've been showing her tricks since I was 8 years old), and guess what? She figures it out right away, and not only that, but she points to a group of clouds, and I'm talking big full heavy clouds, and she makes them all bust! I can't relate to you how embarrased this has made me. For the past couple of days she's been doing this for EVERYONE, and now no one asks me to do magic anymore, they just go to my Mom and ask her to bust some clouds. Please, somebody suggest something I can do that will overshadow what my Mom is doing! Maybe that advanced effect on causing a solar eclipse (the one on page 114) would shift the attention back from my mother to me, but I really don't understand the technique.
I had great weather for cloud busing while practising, now I want to perform the weather has turned bad :(

Todsky try producing shooting stars - You can find it in the garden of the strange by caleb strange

This book has some great cloud busting related kinda things vanishing/moving the moon, vanishing stars - good additions to a cloud busters repotoire I think.

Aidan :)
Ordered a copy today... I couldn't resist!

I've done "Tree Waving" in the past (I command the tips and leaves of various trees to move "using" hand motions) and it always gets great responses. Has anyone seen or done this?

I assume the techniques in this book will make that particular illusion even more powerful!
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Aug 21, 2007 03:00PM)
[quote]
On 2007-08-21 15:22, ToneVulgara wrote:
Ordered a copy today... I couldn't resist!

I've done "Tree Waving" in the past (I command the tips and leaves of various trees to move "using" hand motions) and it always gets great responses. Has anyone seen or done this?

[/quote]

Yes! And some follow-up also.
[quote]I've done "Tree Waving" in the past (I command the tips and leaves of various trees to move "using" hand motions) and it always gets great responses. Has anyone seen or done this?[/quote]

No!
And I would love to get some track for this!
Any info?
^^

Great book by the way, instant classic...

Best,
[quote]
On 2007-08-21 17:06, lawrens wrote:
[quote]I've done "Tree Waving" in the past (I command the tips and leaves of various trees to move "using" hand motions) and it always gets great responses. Has anyone seen or done this?[/quote]

No!
And I would love to get some track for this!
Any info?
^^

Great book by the way, instant classic...

Best,

[/quote]

Well, I assume that "Tree Waving" relies on the same principles as "Cloud Busting"...
Tree waving sounds very interesting...I'll have to do some thinking

Thinking about it 'a twisted palm' by Luke Jermay using a leaf (like in building blocks) might be a good thing to follow it with

Aidan
Okay, everything's fine again, my Mom got a little carried away and started doing some cloud-darkening and got hit by a lightning bolt, nothing serious but she was shaken up and said she's going to leave the magic to me from now on.
I take it was you that sumound (sp?) the lightning ;)
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Aug 22, 2007 04:11PM)
Good Lord this rocks! I love it, so simple yet SO effective, I will be using this a lot.
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Aug 22, 2007 04:32PM)
I am reading more of this, and all I can say is "brilliant"

This is extremely exciting!!! I cannot wat to try this out!
[quote]
On 2007-08-22 16:27, fishwasher wrote:
[/quote]

I'm not sure if it was me or her that summoned the lightning, although I think it may have been my subconscious wish that made it happen.
[quote]
On 2007-08-22 20:02, todsky wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-08-22 16:27, fishwasher wrote:
[/quote]

I'm not sure if it was me or her that summoned the lightning, although I think it may have been my subconscious wish that made it happen.
[/quote]

Tough love?

-Vinnie
Can you make a tree "leave".....or a willow weep?.. :) ..
This isn't a real book, is it? Seriously now...
You guys are going to maked me crash. I find mysself looking at clouds as I drive to time my busting. LOL I get honked at when I'm at lights. [b]LOLOLOLOL[/b] :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Haha, yeah, I hear ya', Paisa23! The curse of constantly being good ol' "Cloud Aware" now, huh! Might be fun trying to eplain to a cool cop though, I suppose? haha!
[quote]
On 2007-08-20 00:25, PaleoMagi wrote:
An amazing photo that may be of interest to the new cadre of cloudbusters.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap070819.html

Great photography!

Rich
[/quote]
I remember I've seen this and it's exactly this photo on my Physics lesson studying the topic of Waves. :)

A very interesting scene.
I think it would be an understatement to call this book "remarkable". I believe that this book is one of the most significant contributions to the field magic some time.

My first test of the methods described in this book happened with my wife. I spotted my target cloud, and I indicated to her that I had the oddest notion that the cloud should not exist. I proceeded to make it vanish from between two other clouds to her astonishment.

She is used to my little performances, but this one was considerably beyond what she thought possible. I have performed this for a few other people and, using it for public performance is the next step.

Thanks for the book guys.
Michael,

You are so welcome! Thank you for the kind words and review. We appreciate it.

We're in the line-up for book of the year, so if you guys have enjoyed the work, Devin and I would both appreciate your vote of confidence!

Thanks to all of you who have given this book and work a proper home! It does my heart great good to see the positive reviews still rolling in. You've all made the work well worth it!!!

Sincerely,
Jerome
Im curious what you guys think about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmj9kP6RQxA
Especially after reading the book. ?
He is cloudbusting. It's neil slade using his orgone approach, a link is in the cloudbusting book to the site.
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Aug 27, 2007 12:04AM)
CLOUD BUSTING SECRETS BY DEVIN KNIGHT AND JEROME FINELY

Effect: A large book focusing on the art of Cloud Busting as well as the power of controlling the weather.

Review: Cloud Busting Secrets is without a doubt, one of the best piece of magic literature I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I must admit I was probably more excited than anyone when I heard about this release a few months ago. The long wait ended recently, and it was surely worth the wait!

What Knight and Finely have written about is genius. They include every detail you need to be making clouds vanish, appear, move, morph, and so much more... nothing is left out at all. Everything is so detailed, and most importantly, honest. If the authors are describing an impractical method, they will flat-out explain the before teaching the method. This is very admirable.

The book begins with a Preface written by Paolo Cavalli on the subject of Cloud Busting and talking about the authors' motives and the genius idea of writing a full book on the subject of weather manipulation. Upon the conclusion of the Preface, an Introduction to the book is made by Finely and Knight, and immediately following this is Devin Knight's section of the book entitled Cloud Busting 101.

CLOUD BUSTING 101 begins by explaining the basic technique of vanishing a cloud from the sky. I must say that upon reading this I burst into a fit of laughter, pondering how something so simple can actually fool the public. Well, it can, and the technique is pure genius. I love it, and practice it frequently. It is totally impromptu, requires no special equipment or secret confederates, and can be done anytime, anywhere.

Devin then gets into the specifics of the technique, including what type of clouds to look for, what time to start busting the cloud, and the acting and presentational specifics. No detail is left out, and Devin truly goes into every aspect of busting a cloud.

Next come some presentational ideas and routines using the Cloud Vanishing technique previously described. The first idea comes from Christopher Williams and describes shooting an invisible gun and producing a large bullet hole in the cloud in the sky. This is a very nice idea that has a very good humorous quality to it. The next idea is a routine utilizing the Rainmaker gimmick in conjunction with a Cloud Vanish. This is also a fantastic idea that has a lot of potential.

The next idea is called Voodoo Card, and it involves the magician drawing a cloud, and slowly erasing it. As it is being erased, a cloud in the sky above is seen to be erasing itself too! This would definitely be very strong, and a few small ideas are included with this. The next section outlines a story about how a Gypsy would make a cloud vanish to seemingly cure a person of their illness. This is a nice idea, and it goes into some fascinating true facts.

Devin now explains the mechanics of Making A Cloud Appear. Flat-out, Devin tells the reader how impractical this technique is. It is basically the reverse process of Cloud Vanishing and would be very effective it the time was right.

He now goes into Moving A Cloud, and once again, warns readers of its impracticality and rarity of an oppurtunity to use it. I was once able to use it, but just to myself, and believe it could as well be effective if done at the spur of the moment. Devin outlines the exact time to do this.

Clearing The Entire Sky is next, and sounds absolutely fantastic. Once again, this is not something you will do every day, and was designed specifically for a publicity stunt. You will only need to do this once. The entire process will take about 20 minutes, so obviously you will only use this as a publicity stunt. Basically, you make all of the clouds in the sky vanish. The Blue Sky Bluff is also briefly explained, and it is a no-effort version of this that is very tongue-in-cheek.

The next excellent topic is Finding An Audience, and Devin explains many creative and magical ways to do this. One of them is definitely one I'll use despite how insane it will make me look.

Sky Revelations are next, and this is basically a luck-of-the-draw methodthat can only be done at certain times. You may find the perfect chance to do it so it is recommended you frequently carry a deck of cards with you. Basically, for this, a chosen card, shape, animal, or other object is revealed in the sky, shaped out of cloud. This is very nice and I recommend you take advantage of the perfect moment to try this! This is a very in-depth subject, and immediately following is the next section of the book by Jerome Finely entitled Advanced Cloud Melting Techniques.

ADVANCED CLOUD MELTING TECHNIQUES is for after you have mastered the basics of cloud busting and are ready to take it to the next level. After a brief Foreward, Jerome briefly describes what cloud busting really is. After this, he outlines the nice idea of tying in a Metal Bending routine with a cloud busting finale. This is very nice and fits with cloud busting perfectly.

Jerome then describes Cloud Melting Methodology in a very in-depth discussion of Suggestion being the key to this technique. This is an exceptional area of discussion that must be read in order to fully understand the art of cloud busting.

Jerome then briefly describes the basics of finding the perfect cloud to bust, and this is also a very informative section. After this, Intermediate Methodology is discussed. This is much more in-depth look at the psychological and suggestive effects of cloud busting.

Troubleshooting: Here, fixing any problems you may have with your cloud busting is outlined and described very well... this is definitely a very informative problem solver and will most definitely fix any difficulties you may have with your cloud busting.

The next section, without revealing much here, describes the easiest way to change the weather or cloud-bust. This is quite funny to read and very informative, and is basically no effort on your part. Following this, the topic of really milking your cloud busting is described. This includes passing out after you bust a cloud, which is a stellar idea and a detail I use every time I bust a cloud. Acting is key for sure, and that is all described over the next few pages in a very informative discussion.

Making Your Cloud Busting Mean Something is a necessay topic, and is thoroughly discussed here. Jerome talks about making your cloud busting have a reason, and this is a definite "must read" topic.

Using This Technique For Publicity is also described among other minor details and teaches how to get yourself known for cloud busting. Afterwards, some Effects and Ideas are outlined. Among these are ideas for Cloud Sculpting, Having A Chosen Card Appear In The Clouds, Wiping a cliud out of the aky with your hand, and a full Cloud Busting routine for the street. After discussing many more methods, including one in the form of a book test, we move on to Part Three: Changing The Weather.

CHANGING THE WEATHER allow the magician to stop the rain or another storm, make a rainbow appear and simply control the weather. Calling for rain storms in a week? No problem, you can stop them with this foolproof technique. It is recommended that you prove your Cloud-Busting abilities beforehand to make this accomplishment more believable, and when you get a chance to do this, it is KILLER!

Yesterday, I stopped the rain to great success, all thanks to this book. The authors go in-depth into all of the details and specifics needed the control the weather, and the method is fascinating and ingenious. After this chapter, Devin Knight briefly describes Vanishing Clouds using Orgone Energy. This is an informative and very interesting conclusion to a fantastic book.

OVERALL: Overall I give this excellent book a 10/10. Knight and Finely have created the Bible of Weather Magic and this is definitely not something to let pass by. Highest recommendations!

Michael Kras
Wow..... I was a skeptic, but I finally gave in and ordered this Cloud Busting Secrets. To tell the truth, I really expected to be disappointed. Well, it arrived today. I am only on page 22, but I can see this is actually something which can be done. I am so glad I ordered this. All these years I have been in magic and here is something like nothing else I have ever done. I love it !
I ordered the book after I realized it wasn't a joke (I actually thought it was, which explains my previous postings in this thread). After reading it, I have to say it is quite excellent, and I can see myself using this. If you enjoy unusual types of magic, this certainly fits the bill.
Okay. I'm out with the wife and her little friend today and they are in some hippy dippy new age folk singing girl on girl store buying stuff with angels on it. I'm watching the clouds because as they come off the Sierra Nevada over the desert the change of pressure and wind and temps cause the clouds to churn and boil and in some cases rotate on a horizontal spiral. Very wicked. I also noticed that at a certain point the lower clouds were disipating very quickly and I was able to determine pretty easily what clouds were goners, one big one even got torn to shreads as it hit that point.

The wife and her buddies come spilling out of the store, smelling of oils and humming Indigo Girls songs and they run up to give me a coin with an angel on it. I, being a good guy, said "Thank you, uh...girls, let me give you something. See that cloud, the one that looks like an elephant?" they said yes. I continued "I shall cause it to shrink away and bring it down to earth where it will be invisible but a part of each of you". I then moved my hands toward the cloud and hummed in an odd way and that freakin cloud vanished in about ten seconds! I heard one gal mutter "what the @$@#$?" and I walked to the car, leaving them to wonder. It was great! My wife, a retired teacher, then got into the car and watched other cars vanish and told me that I was evil.

Let this be testiment that cloud busting can be done for magic and in the right weather condition the clouds do go quick enough to make it work. I can't promise everyone lives in the right zone by hey, I do so there.....