(Close Window)
Topic: "Fraud" by Daniel Garcia
Can anyone let me know their views on the effect called [b]Fraud[/b] by Daniel Garcia? Can it really be a borrowed and signed bill? Looks like a fun effect, but I'd like to get some feedback before I spend the money for the DVD.
Thanks!
Hey Kelly!
Now that this is in the right forum, I will answer.

I actually don't have Fraud, but know how it's done.

I will PM you with rough details, to not expose anything on the forum.
It can be borrowed and signed.
But a clever and unnoticed sw***h is involved, which is fully explained.
[quote]
On 2007-08-01 21:01, Cory Gallupe wrote:
Hey Kelly!

[/quote]
One would hope that you would not want to expose anything, ON or OFF the forum!

Bob
No, I did not expose what accomplishes the effect.
I just told him the pros and cons of the effect, and what he would NEED to accomplish it.

I don`t expose, and am completley against it.
[quote]
On 2007-08-08 23:35, Wellington wrote:
[quote]
Hey Kelly!

[/quote]

Bob
[/quote]

I... I'm sorry.... I can hardly hear you... can you get off that horse?
Huh???
Was that directed to me or Wellington, and what does it mean? :confused:
This effect introduced me to magic. Converted me actually. Its one of the few effects that are inhanced when you know the secret. Golden!
Before I spend my money on this effect, can any of you magicians tell me how complicated it would be to prepare for this effect. Obviously, you couldn't do this with a spectator's bill.

Also, I'd been keen to know how difficult the sleights are in this routine.

Joe Finkler
Its not complicated at all to prepare for this effect. It takes only a few minutes to create one fraud bill but your best bet would be to create a bunch all at once. Even if this effect took half an hour (which it doesn't) to prepare...it would still be worth it because the astonishment your spectator will feel won't be forgotten for the rest of his/her life.
Benji,

Thanks for you response.

I am destined to buy this effect.

Joe Finkler
[quote]
On 2007-08-09 13:56, Joey Stalin wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-08-08 23:35, Wellington wrote:
[quote]
Hey Kelly!

[/quote]

Bob
[/quote]

I... I'm sorry.... I can hardly hear you... can you get off that horse?
[/quote]

Joey Stalin:
You may consider exposure to be trivial, but many of us that respect the efforts of creators of magic, keeping some of the secrets to be important.

Bob
Need a little help with this problem. First several days after constructing gimmick, no problem moving "letter". Thereafter, after keeping it in my wallet, letter so stuck to bill that could not be moved. Re-glued, applied more glue, and still no luck. Am using the adhesive recommended on DVD. Met another chap at Daytona meeting yesterday with same problem. He tried to demo it to a group, and got stuck.

Obviously glue dried up, but when treid to re-apply, still no luck. I thought Dan mentioned he kept it in his wallet.

(sorry for some vagueness--trying to keep confidentiality)

Any similar problems, and/or solutions?
I try to keep about 5 to 10 in my wallet at all times. Only issue I have with it and that can be many reasons on my half, would be that sometimes it might not flow as smooth and I would wish.
Docelk:
Try two things.
Use less of the glue, much less.
When keeping them in your wallet, fold them with the seal on the inside. You can change that fold when you load it into your pocket.

Bob
[quote]
On 2007-11-04 22:04, docelk wrote:
Need a little help with this problem. First several days after constructing gimmick, no problem moving "letter". Thereafter, after keeping it in my wallet, letter so stuck to bill that could not be moved. Re-glued, applied more glue, and still no luck. Am using the adhesive recommended on DVD. Met another chap at Daytona meeting yesterday with same problem. He tried to demo it to a group, and got stuck.

Obviously glue dried up, but when treid to re-apply, still no luck. I thought Dan mentioned he kept it in his wallet.

(sorry for some vagueness--trying to keep confidentiality)

Any similar problems, and/or solutions?
[/quote]
use thumb push it up then down then up then down it will loosen
I'm surprised everyone likes this effect so much. The reactions I have received have been "ho-hum." Perhaps its because I don't like the bill switch so I show both sides of the gimmicked bill at the beginning, patter a bit, and then go into the effect. Perhaps that is my downfall with this effect? I don't do the bill switch because I thought the switch as taught on the video was lame and obvious (at least to a magician) so I dropped it out of the routine. Anyone do something different for a switch (that doesn't look like a move/fold, etc.)?
Rolly
[quote]
On 2008-03-12 18:43, RollyD wrote:
I thought the switch as taught on the video was lame and obvious (at least to a magician) so I dropped it out of the routine. Anyone do something different for a switch (that doesn't look like a move/fold, etc.)?
Rolly
[/quote]

Pocket Switch?....Himber Wallet?.....Misdirections?......Concealed Weapon?.....I could go on and on
[quote]
I'm surprised everyone likes this effect so much. The reactions I have received have been "ho-hum." Perhaps its because I don't like the bill switch so I show both sides of the gimmicked bill at the beginning, patter a bit, and then go into the effect. Perhaps that is my downfall with this effect? I don't do the bill switch because I thought the switch as taught on the video was lame and obvious (at least to a magician) so I dropped it out of the routine. Anyone do something different for a switch (that doesn't look like a move/fold, etc.)?
Rolly
[/quote]
I stoped doing it any more cause of the set up( will have to make more soon I suppose) but iv got reactions from people freaking out to some that its just too much. ie they can't beleieve it at all so it gets no reaction. its a miricle if you can identify the proper audience though
I agree with Joshua. Sometimes even tho I really try to "sell it" I get no reaction from the specs because its just really unbelieveable. Tho when you find the right audience its one of the BEST.
One thing the video seemed a bit confusing on- if you use a specs bill, does it have to "match" or do they just not seem to notice if it does not?
It is so quick no one thinks a thing and they aren't really looking at their bill too closely because they know its theirs
[quote]
On 2008-03-21 23:54, KurtK wrote:
I agree with Joshua. Sometimes even tho I really try to "sell it" I get no reaction from the specs because its just really unbelieveable. Tho when you find the right audience its one of the BEST.
[/quote]

I've performed this a while and gotten stunned reactions.

When they don't react (that you can see), perhaps they are so stunned that they are reacting on the INSIDE, but they are to nonplussed to show it on the outside? "Frozen in astonishment", if I may coin a phrase?
Yep I usually take it as a postitive reaction because they have no idea what to think.
I performed fraud today at a restaurant for my waitress and she flipped out! She was the spectator Ive been looking for. Wow that was a real hit.
I like the "flip out" too, but I honestly much prefer watching someones brain silently implode. It seems awkward both standing there in silence but If you are twisted like me and see the world as one big reality TV show, you get quite the chuckle on the inside when they do that. That is why I like this trick so much. It produces more of the silent "what the.." reactions than any other trick I perform.
I normally get the silent stare when I do Fraud which I can understand why I get it because when magicians do tricks for me (which I get to see a lot of tricks from magicians because I'm 12 and they like doing magic for children) I don't really know how to respond so I just stay quiet and stare.
Well a few weeks ago when I was at Twin Cities Magic and Costume...Jim (At least I think it was Jim) told me about a guy lecturing who said there was such a thing as "too perfect" and that some tricks were just beyond belief causing the spec to resort to thinking you gaffed it somehow. It was interesting to hear. He mentioned it when I talked about Fraud and Slam being hard to believe.
Delete this thread now!

NOW !!!!
OR BUY IT LIKE EVERYBODY HAS ! AND IF YOU KNOW HOW IT IS DONE THEN DON'T !
It can be performed a few times using the same bill.
Can someone tell me where to get the adhesive? I can't find it anywhere. I have done the trick a couple times just using whatever I think will work. I work as a flair bartender and everyone loves it. Just having a hard time finding the right adhesive. Please email me, thank you. joey_stepp@yahoo.com
Shame with can't do this with our UK notes?
If the material is right, I bet it can be done with UK notes.
I'm just thinking the design on the notes are different.
Maybe I should get this?
Does anyone do this with UK notes?
Cheers,
matt
So, does it work with UK notes, before I waste my money...........anyone?
Matt,

Let me first say that I've never tried Fraud with anything other than US dollars. However, knowing how the effect works, I think it would be very difficult to do with UK currency.

Hope this helps,

Mario
I've done it a couple of times--but setup takes forever and my fingers are sore from pre-work. And it may be my equipment, but the reveal doesn't look like the real thing.

Oh well--this effect is cool though.
This is the effect that got me into magic, and after all I have learned and studied, it still stands as my favorite. In my opinion its one of those effects where knowing the secret only amplifies the coolness of the effect.
Put the shades on George (Fraud bill), then start with UV Nightshades, and segue into this..A very convincing set of bill effects...
Finish with a bill switch.
The question has been asked for UK bills, but can fraud be done with Euros??
Can anyone send me the symbols? I just moved and forgot to bring the cd.
[quote]
On 2011-01-30 16:28, yinxzon wrote:
Can anyone send me the symbols? I just moved and forgot to bring the cd.
[/quote]

Not going to happen around here. By the way, they weren't on a CD. Sound like you are trying to get something without paying for it.
Cd dvd whatever
Nice try!
It is Great I use it, Great Reaction.
I really like this effect, however I feel the ONLY angle issue is lighting.. For my confidence level at least... In San Antonio EVERYTHING is very brightly lit.
I still have an issue with finding an adhesive I can be confident with.

Sammy
I'm digging this one out after not doing it awhile. Having a problem with the set up.
Great effect! The only thing I have had a problem with is if I store the bills in my wallet, the ink sometimes runs or starts looking, well, "funny," other than that, it's a killer!

I've had people run around with the altered bill for months showing all their friends "Look what he did with my dollar!"

Great reputation maker!
Hi
I just started practicing this effect again. It's too good of an effect to just stop doing . I'm having better luck with moving the seal than I used to. That was why I stopped doing it. I have changed a few things and the seal is moving very nicely. I always thought I'd die if the seal wouldn't move when I tried to move it.!
I think the prep work is worth it and I don't mind at all.
Are you using removable g**** S**ck?
If so, how much are you applying?
[quote]
On 2011-07-13 07:47, daffydoug wrote:
Are you using removable g**** S**ck?
If so, how much are you applying?
[/quote]
Hi
P.M sent
[quote]
Rolly
[/quote]

Rolly,

Remember that your job is not necessarily to impress other magicians...it is to fry your lay audiences (unless of course you make your living performing for other magicians).

What might seem obvious to US, is NOT so obvious to non-magicians. Why do you think the sponge bunnies still blows minds?
The switch which occurs on this trick is very natural, it is a standard move that lies behind many great tricks, and the timing of it is so far from the reveal that the specs are not going to make the connection. There isn't much point in analyzing this as if you were a magician, this is not how a spectator will experience it. If a performer is nervous about this move, I would think that would disqualify a great many excellent tricks that require minor misdirection.
Am I the only one who has a huge problem finding an i*k j*t pr***er? I work for a huge Resort, live in a huge apartment complex - noone uses those anymore.
I'm trying to avoid to go to a copy shop - since they won't like it I guess =(
[quote]
On 2011-06-24 22:52, Sammy J. wrote:
I still have an issue with finding an adhesive I can be confident with.

Sammy
[/quote]

Try Chapstick.
I use it a few minutes before the performance.
[quote]
On 2013-01-15 19:39, Terrificize wrote:
Am I the only one who has a huge problem finding an i*k j*t pr***er? I work for a huge Resort, live in a huge apartment complex - noone uses those anymore.
I'm trying to avoid to go to a copy shop - since they won't like it I guess =(
[/quote]

Office Max has all the printers you want.
I have never been able to remove the numbers off.I live in India and its like really difficut to get rid off. Kindly throw in some suggestions..
[quote]
On 2008-05-21 00:15, Silvio Solaris wrote:
Delete this thread now!

NOW !!!!
[/quote]

:hysteric:
[quote]
On 2013-01-22 15:40, Dougini wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-05-21 00:15, Silvio Solaris wrote:
Delete this thread now!

NOW !!!!
[/quote]

:hysteric:
[/quote]
I'd rather see it moved to the "Secret Session Forum".
Hey people... Soon I have not done Fraud in a while, mainly because I started getting really into my stage act. That being said, I just took a gig at a nightclub doing walk around magic. Its a fantastic gig, they want it to have all sorts of fun acts going on, so there are dancers, jugglers, block heads, all sorts of crazy stuff going on! I wanted to add Fraud in to my rep at the club, quick visual, leave the audience with a AWESOME leave behind! I remember how to do it and how to make it just fine (Still have everything I need) Except for one big thing, I don't have the DVD anymore and with it I lost the "Le****s" that you need.
Does anyone that has it mind sending me an email or PM with just those jpgs? I don't really even need them all, 1 or 2 would be fine!

Thanks!!!
I've preformed fruad and get great reactions. The only thing is I had accidently spent the bill. I still wonder where that bill is now? HMMM
Can it be done in euro?
Anyone have any suggestions as to printing on the dollar bill? I've tried both laser and ink printers and (whilst on white paper) it comes out fine, on the dollar bill it looks...kinda crap.
[quote]On Sep 15, 2015, Ultimatecreate wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions as to printing on the dollar bill? I've tried both laser and ink printers and (whilst on white paper) it comes out fine, on the dollar bill it looks...kinda crap. [/quote]

If you are you using worn out bills, that could be a problem. Try more crisp bills.
Scan on a scanner that is high resolution, max colors.
Also scan the bill you will be using.
Print in max resolution.
I scanned all the letters and posted it in the MC a while back. A PDF file
It should still be somewhere in Secret Sessions.
I remember that I had to change the paper settings on my printer preferences. Do some troubleshooting with the bill that you've cut up, and use settings for "glossy" paper or other variations.