(Close Window)
Topic: Card On Ceiling Without The Ceiling
Here's my idea:

Outdoors, a card is selected and signed. Moment later the deck is thrown into the air very high, cards flying everywhere. However, one card remains suspended in midair! Almost like it is frozen in time! The card is just frozen 20 feet in the air!

I have already created an effect using this same idea, but it only works indoors. Basically the same idea though, but the method wouldn't work outdoors.

Does anyone have any ideas for this? Anything is appreciated!

Michael Kras
If you could pull that off outside, that would be a MIRACLE!!!
I have an idea. Is it ok if I share?
YES, please do!
Well I don't know if you will like it but here it goes: You have thread attached to two walls by tape and get some wax or double sided tape and you are ready. Have them sign it and control it to the top. Stick it on the wax but misdirect them by saying your card is going to rise but it doesn't rise. Move the cards and get behind the card and throw the cards in the air. Just an idea.
Or you can get in front and stick it and just throw it.
I like your thinking here guys. Just a thought I had about this idea. I think your on the right track here but instead of just plain It type of thread, I would try some Silk Worm IET thread. That way there is a lot of give in the thread and when you throw the deck with the card attached the thread will spring back high up in the air, and it will provide the give that you would need to attach the card and to get it into the air without a reel of any sort. I hope this helps. I am actually going to go outside and try it out. Ok I just thought of something else. You could do this inside with a single line hook up. The only problem would be is getting to the top of the ceiling to apply the iet.
I was toying around with the same idea a while ago. It would be a very cool effect, and if anybody comes up with a working method, I would be very interested. I also had an indoor idea I was calling card almost on celling. I was thinking along the lines of a s****** card, and a small m***** suspended on fishing line, or something of the sort. I even had an idea of attaching the line and m***** to a coin, and do a coin on celling effect first, leaving me with a hanging m*****. It's been a while since I've thought about it though, so I'm going to sit here and ponder until I find a better solution.
[quote]
On 2007-08-03 22:52, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
Here's my idea:

Outdoors, a card is selected and signed. Moment later the deck is thrown into the air very high, cards flying everywhere. However, one card remains suspended in midair! Almost like it is frozen in time! The card is just frozen 20 feet in the air!

I have already created an effect using this same idea, but it only works indoors. Basically the same idea though, but the method wouldn't work outdoors.

Does anyone have any ideas for this? Anything is appreciated!

Michael Kras
[/quote]

Sounds exactly like Sean Fields' Card On Sky
And where can I find more about this Card on Sky? It didn't seem to be on Sean's website.
Where CAN you find "card on sky"?

thanks,

magic mike
Rumor has it that Ammar did this at Sorcerer's Safari. Anyone have any info on this, or can anyone verify this? This sounds very interesting and I would like to hear more.
Ya same here....im my magic circle news letter someone went to the camp and saw him do it and apparently it was very cool..any info would be much appreatied.

thanks,

magic mike
Yes, guys.
The rumors are TRUE.
Michael Ammar did his Card On Ceiling up at camp.....and he did it OUTSIDE!!!!

Very very cool.

Kras, I thought you were coming this summer? What happened?
Sorry you missed it.

You should all consider coming to Sorcerers Safari next summer.
You won't want to miss it.
It gets better EVERY year.
This summer was the best yet!

Cheers,
Magic Mike
Hello Mike,

I'm sorry I missed it too.... hopefully will be back for next year! (I had to invest quite a bit of cash in some other things).

Michael
Did we ever find out where Sean Field's Card on Sky trick is?