(Close Window)
Topic: Dove from the Air
Does anyone know if there is a video clip showing the affect of "dove from the air"?
Thanks.
Could you explain the effect?

Is this the one where the magician catches an invisible dove with a net and makes it appear via a dove tray?

-Vinnie
Yes, Vinnie, that is affect. I recently purchased one thru auction, but doesn't work out very well, so I need to see how it is done magically!
I have seen it on youtube somewhere, I think a guy by the name of Margo Martin, or something like that does it.... hope it helps. It was used a lot by magicians in the 70ties and 80ties. I have an old dove catching prop that I have never even used, but I know the main secret is to keep the net moving when you catch the "dove" before you dump it into the cage.... That sounds obvious I think :) Well have fun:)
It takes a lot of movement. I walk around fast on stage for this one. I make it look like I missed catching a dove one of the times. After you show the audience you caught one, move the net around fast. The hard part is not hurting a dove on the tray. That part needs the most practing with perfect timing.
THANKS all for the input.