(Close Window)
Topic: A Guy Walks Into A Bar-a complete mentslism act for less than the price of this manuscript
The second manuscript in the barfly series is now available at lulu.com. See the review posted on the Barfly Billet sub-forum. JW
You got a link?
Try lulu.com and then search for Barfly Billet or John Wells
... or simply click below:

http://www.lulu.com/content/1140026

Best,
Pier
Alien Mind, Mille Grazie!
Sounds great!

I recently got Johnís first book and gave it a quick skim (soon Iíll give it the full attention it deserves.)

However, I can already tell that it is quite good and a fantastic value.

I have no doubts that this one is equally as good.
Please note Elliott's website. That is the place to get Switchcraft, highly recommended in "A Guy Walks Into a Bar."
Cool. Thanks!!

I just bought a copy. Iím still bogged down with supp # 6, so I havenít really put in the time I should. One day soon, Iíll write detailed reviews for both of these fine products.

That said, once again, it is already quite clear to me that John is providing an awful lot of quality information for an EXTREMELY reasonable price. This is a rarity for mentalism products. Highly recommended!!
[quote]
On 2007-08-25 18:45, mescalitoeyes wrote:
You got a link?

[/quote]

If you were inquiring about the referenced review, I think this is it:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=213445&forum=159&post=5185704
John's material sounds interesting. I would love to hear a little more about what comprises the "act." From Lulu it says virtually no props or preparation, but seems to require cards as implied by a memorized deck routine. I'm wondering what materials are required, how long would the act run and what would be the appropriate venue? Any clarification would be appreciated.

-Feral
The act is adaptable as it has a clear beginning, a clear ending and the middle bit can be changed from 1 effect to 3 or even more.

Cards are involved at one stage but that's the middle bit so you don't have to use them and the demonstrations supplied by Charles are solid and convincing enough anyway.

I would think it's adaptable to all manner of venues from fairly intimate settings to large audiences.

Materials - nothing gimmicky and stationary which every mentalist should own!
I ordered earlier - how long does it take to get a file (it did not direct me when paying - PayPal)?
I believe you need to login at Lulu, where all your purchased downloads are stored and can be downloaded to your computer whenever you wish.
The next manuscript, "Devilishly Transcendent and other Card Tricks from behind the bar", appears on lulu.com tonight.
Anyone else have any comments on "A Guy Walks Into a Bar" ??? TIA.

-Brad
TIA?
TIA = Thanks in Advance
I've read this about 4-5 times now,while I've been on the raod, and am still gleaning information and advice in it. It is well worth the loot, just like his first manuscript. It has one of the best layouts for a mental show, and Q&A, that I've read. When I get back home, I want to offer some thoughts on it... but order it now. It's cheap and it's valuable!

I just noticed the 3rd installment is up for sale...gonna get it now.
Tom, many thanks. Lest there be confusion, my latest manuscript "Devilishly Transcendent", is devoted to card magic. The fourth and final installment, on card reading, will be out in a few weeks.
Charles has brought out a third ebook, Devilishly Transcendent which is devoted entirely to card magic unlike his previous two works on Mentalism. I know a fair bit of basic to intermediate stuff on cards but am by no means an expert however I lenjoyed the book a great deal and itís inspired me to get slightly deeper into card magic. In the interim thereís definitely plenty of stuff in the book Iíll be using (and indeed already am using).

The book contains Ace assemblies, handlings for classics, Charlesí own take on some classic plots and a terrifically simple but strong memorized deck routine which is worth the price of all of his books put together. His variations of the Dunbury Delusion and his Princess in Your Pocket are also excellent. And to top it all off he includes some delicious sounding recipes Ė if only I had the time to try them out!

If you are into cards this is definitely worth checking out
Thanks for the suggestion on this one. I will put it on my list. Thanks again guys.
Anybody have any more details on this ? I know it's only cheap but what kind of Q & A is it? And
how about the mem-deck routine?
:)
The mem deck routine is ideal for platform or parlour work. As to the Q and A, if you have little or no experience in giving readings, this is not for you.
Hi john
Thanks for that. My main interest is readings. I have just memed a s...k and my next project will be to mem a Tarot d..k. I have several memdeck and Q and A items, I was just wondering if these were different. If I can find out they are I will buy the ebook. There is nothing about methodology or what the spec would see in the threads so far.
Thanks again
TJ