(Close Window)
Topic: Moth in Wallet - anyone know of this?
Years ago, I had this little thing in my wallet which was good for a few laughs..
Basically, it was a piece of concertina-ed tissue paper tied in the middle with what I think was maybe a horse hair, about maybe 4 or 5" long.. When you opened the wallet, the horse hair was rolled between the thumb and the inside of the wallet, and it looked like the moth was fluttering about 2 or 3 inches above the wallet. It cost next to nothing, and I got mine from Keith Bennet in the UK about 18 years ago. I've never seen anything like it again. He couldn't get them afte a time.. and I forgot all about it....
Anyone got any info on this little throwaway gag?

Tks

DCB
I made this up with a flying, elastic band butterfly with the wings replaced with white paper.

Open the wallet and a moth flies out.
Greeting card companies sell a butterfly that is wound up and flies...

Could be adapted to look more like a moth.

Harris
Corona has many moths in his wallet.
DCB,
I think Stephen Tucker does something like you described. You can get them here:

http://www.loonybin.co.uk

They're called "Money Moth" and cost ten pounds.

Btw, I have no connection with this shop.
Tom
[quote]
On 2007-09-04 10:46, Matt Colman wrote:
Corona has many moths in his wallet.
[/quote]

True.
I was working on a moth to wallet routine, but the Merc f*ld was way too messy.
Oh, come on....that was funny and you know it.
Sure.. it's a real rib-tickler, that one...I'd be surprised if Jay Sankey hasn't jotted it down to use it as a future throwaway line. He's ALWAYS Merc f*lding - every time I see him.. if it's not that, he's d/lifting while he eats, talks, and sleeps.

Seriously....

Tem Fenton... I tried the Steven Tucker site, but there seems to be a problem with it. However, it seems likely you pinpointed the right thing. I'll contact him directly.

Thanks!

DCB
DCB, just click on the link I posted and on the left hand side of the home page, click on tricks. Then use the search function to find "money moth".

Tom
http://www.loonybin.co.uk/info.php?p=8&pno=0

This is the message I get when I follow your instructions.. I'm using Firefox... I'll try the old browser...

Tks again!
Hi DeadCat,

You can make this yourself. I used toliet paper and thin guage wire for a guitar which I blued (made black) with gun blue-ing stuff.

Good luck!

GP
Sounds like a good idea... I just happen to have a few dozen used guitar strings in my music box..I'll go and give it a try..

Thanks!
Magic Vision in here in sweden used to have such an item. it operated with one hand. II don't know were you could get it now as they are out of bussnes but tyr to contact Stefan Schutser (the UFC gut) as he was one of the owners of this bussnes