(Close Window)
Topic: Heckling role playing exercise. Might be a good one.
[b][i]Rules[/i][/b]::
First, anyone who would like like to hone their heckler stopping skills would state what imaginary scenario they are in and the particular trick or routine they are doing. Also, mention the venue, and the type of person who might be present.

Then we can have a go at heckling that person. Obviously as the venue and the type of person present typically would.

He (the imaginary performer)then can try out some comebacks that he might consider appropriate, and we would rate them. Since we might have several scenarios going at the same time, be sure to add the name of the magician you are heckling.

Remember the hecklers are not to be rated. The hecklers might be drunk, angry, anything that might come up at a performance. They are free (As long as we follow the rules). If you are supposed to be a drunk, but the venue is a Mormon wedding.... This would probably be unneeded.

If you want to preach about saying nothing, must first do what is in the first paragraph. Then you can use your non-comebacks. If you decide to rate a comeback with that mind set, saying anything useless will be ignored by everyone who cares.

Who knows, we may come up with something original, and perhaps even a worker.

As this is the comedy section we should keep this light hearted, and we are not flaming, even if it comes across that way. We are (In the imaginary sense)heckling, adding comebacks, rating those comebacks (Perhaps harshly). And [b]Don't[/b] use stock lines anymore than you have to. This is an exercise.

I will try to give an example.
I am busking, two blocks from a bar. I'm doing my rope routine. I ask for an audience member. Everyone seems hesitant. There are a lot of tourists in the area.

The heckler says:

(I hope this isn't too stupid, it seems like a good idea now)
Just a loud guy heckler, having some fun: Hey magic man! Why don't you take a bath? maybe that's why noone going up there.
Retort: Well, I [i]was[/i] hoping it would rain today, I'd at least get wet..... But a couple of bucks in the hat would guarantee a nice hot shower for me. Just kidding, I'd waste it all on food for my kids.
Ideas?
My thread is less complex.
Also less useful....... See your not following the rules! Now comes the downward spiral :(
;)
Actually, your thread (And it is important) heckles individuals because of who they are (Loser Magicians) Mine is for performance situations.
Okay, I see.

But I thought you would busk nearer the bar?
I like to avoid temptation. At least until my set is done, then I like to invite temptation.
Okay, I am performing at the palace, and about to reach the grand finale of my homage to le petomane and launch myself into the stratosphere by igniting one almighty donald trump, when the queen titters and says to prince charles, 'this is a lot of hot air charlie boy'....

You can imagine the anguish.

Perhaps I could then say.

'shut up you old bat whilst I ignite this anal perturbation!'

What do you think?

Corona.
Here's the point

Here's you

:worry:

Nowhere near the point. :applause:
Perhaps another example from yourself might serve to elucidate matters causing the preverbial penny to drop in my dense bonce?
A:The second post was the magician giving a scenario.

B:The third was a hecklers.... heckling.

C:The fourth was the retort one might be able to use.

In a perfect world
*A* would be presented by person #1
there would be several people offering *B*
Several people would then offer up *C*

The some would point out flaws or additions even Kudos for *C*.

However, I really don't care that much about it now.
I got told once don't give up your day job. I took it as a compliment and that's the reason I'm still doing magic.

M:C
Okay, I have just finished performing the complete works of Dai Vernon, when I offer the usual opportunity for the audience to shout out requests, one, who is not asleep, says 'yeah, gerroff!'.

What should I do?

Corona.
Ever watch "Naked Gun"? Do the romantic novel reading thing.
I think the spectator has the Professor's work confused with an effect by Paul Harris. Still referencing "flapjacks", Corona.
[quote]
On 2007-09-05 12:52, Josh Riel wrote:
Ever watch "Naked Gun"? Do the romantic novel reading thing.
[/quote]

No, I've never seen it. Wouldn't it be better to make some flapjacks anyway?
No
The best response to Gerroff.

Is.

Hello my friend.

Here is the microphone.

Stand here you .....(insert any insult here)

And entertain these ....(insert any insult here)