(Close Window)
Topic: 'Panic' by Aaron Fisher
Just wondering if anyone has a review for 'Panic' by Aaron Fisher, put out by the Theory 11 boys?

Effect looks great. Very visual.

Is it really as good as it looks?
I saw Aaron do it close-up and on stage.

It looks like the description- the four kings are pocketed and then the deck VISIBLY MORPHS INTO THE KINGS.

The only reason I am hesitant to say anything good is I want to be the only one to do it.

Ben
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Sep 7, 2007 08:11PM)
[quote]

The only reason I am hesitant to say anything good is I want to be the only one to do it.

Ben
[/quote]

Then you need to get rid of Aaron first . . .
I saw a clip of Aaron performing the effect (I think it was on his website) but you only get to see it from the front. To be honest Aaron isn't someone who puts out poor effects so I'm expecting to hear good things about it.

If you saw Aaron perform 'panic' close-up and on stage Ben, then I'm sure the review would be honest,

Diane
I just received this yesterday and I have to say that this is a very clever, good looking effect. The DVD shows him performing this for various people and the reactions are great. I haven't performed it for anyone yet because I need to practice first but I look forward to it.
I haven't finished watching the "Panic" DVD. I don't need to. This effect is ubersweet.
As was said above, Aaron just doesn't do bad tricks. And he certainly doesn't sell them. I was lucky enough to be involved in one of his earliest versions of Paper Engine - You don't own it? Shame on you - and have seen him just get better and better over the years. It certainly didn't surprise me.
"Panic" is just another stone fooler from his incredibly fertile imagination. You take the Kings out of the deck, put them in your pocket. The deck then vanishes and in its place are the four Kings. The deck? It's in your pocket.
You get the "necessary" and a DVD. You supply the deck. We've sure have come a long way in magic DVDs. I like how the "Panic" material is presented - fresh, modern and professional. And Aaron takes great pains not to lose you along the way.
I believe the the effect is real world magic, the type that can be done in t-shirt and jeans with no bizarre get-readies or angle issues.
Do I recommend it? Of course but it will be the last time I say it. I wish I had an exclusive on this one.
Does it only come in red backs?
The effect is really nice but how is the quality of the "special thing"?
If its worn out,can we get refills?
I am asking because I bought some months ago the Masuda Ambitious Card and the "special thing" is broken. They don't sell refills so you need to buy the whole effect again.
[quote]
On 2007-09-07 23:07, KenW wrote:
[/quote]

I'm sure, but could be wrong that you supply the deck, and Aaron will send you the dvd,

Diane
I am not sure if they will eventually sell the Panic gimmick separately, but if this is any indication....it has been stated on Theory11 that they will sell the gimmick for Distortion separately. The Distortion gimmick can break easily, so I understand the need to sell it.

I really don't see the gimmick for panic getting worn out anytime soon. You can always contact Theory11 and see if they plan on selling just the gimmick.
[quote]
On 2007-09-08 04:49, cosmicsecret wrote:
The effect is really nice but hows the quality of the "special thing" ?
If its worn out,can we get refills?
Iam asking because I bought some months ago the masuda ambeltious card and the "special thing" is broken.They don't sell refills so you need to buy the whole effect again.
[/quote]

You know, that's a good point. The "special thing" will wear. Sigh. That's always a problem. I'll ask if they have plans for refills.
How's the clean-up?
What cleanup? does he really need to give a method for 4 cards that takes place way after the effect is over?
I just saw Justin Miller perform this effect earlier today at the local magic shop. Everyone there was in total shock! It's an excellent effect. Now, all I need is money! SOB!!! :(
[quote]
On 2007-09-08 17:15, Daegs wrote:
What cleanup? does he really need to give a method for 4 cards that takes place way after the effect is over?
[/quote]

Yeah, no heat on the 4 Kings as the focus is on the deck in the back pocket..
[quote]
On 2007-09-08 15:16, Hansen wrote:
How's the clean-up?
[/quote]

You will be left dirty, but you are able to show enough of the 4 kings at the end that all heat will be off the 4 kings. Plus there will be a WHOLE deck in your back pocket. Everyone is going to be focusing on the deck and not your gimmick.
Thank you, Lumas, For your understanding.
Can you comment on the degree of difficulty in performing the trick?
Aaron Fisher explains it very clearly in his DVD. I say with practice, it's not difficult at all. I give it 2 out of 10 in terms of how user friendly it is. That being said, you still need to watch your angle.
Hmmm. I have to disagree on two points:
First - and this is a small point - you're not really left "dirty". The end of the effect is not showing the kings. That's just the first climax. The effect ends by showing the deck. By that time you're clean and innocent.

Second, this effect is not all that easy. True, the sleights involved are simple, but the presentation isn't and that's where most effects that I see fail. Aaron goes to great lengths to explain finesses and handlings needed to get this effect beyond the "pat on the head from your mother" stage. They are not "nice to haves". You have to do them and they'll take a bit of work and thought.
Cool trick! Not that you're going to wear out the cards very quickly, but refills would be nice.

Robert
2/10 user friendly??
yet you said you use this as your current closer?
do you me its easy to perform, or not easy for the magi to use???
Oh, the effect is called "psyological deck vanish"
On the DVD, Aaron Fisher says that he uses it as his opener. It looks like a real deck being spread if you do it right. And, it's certainly not hard to do, but it requires just the right handling, grip, finesse, etc.

Robert
Wise owl, James Brown's "Psychological Deck Vanish (PDV)" is completely different from Panic. PDV is a deck vanish that is accomplished using misdirection. With PDV the spectator doesn't visually see the deck vanish although in their mind this is what they believe has happened. The Panic gimmick allows you to do a visual vanish of a deck of cards right in front of the spectator.

As far as difficulty, James Brown's PDV is a very easy effect to perform, it just requires a little misdirection. Panic is a little more difficult but it's definitely not a hard effect to do. I have performed Panic for one person who asked me to do it again so I performed PDV for them the second time and this completely fried them. Both effects are great in their own right.

Matt
Thanks sabitu!!

So the treatment/handling are different but both 'vanish' the deck and only leave with the desired card(s). is it right?

It sounds like a good effect to do with PDV. Great thinking and thanks again
Yes, both effects cause the deck to vanish and leave you with the desired card(s). In the case of PDV you are left with the spectator's selected card and Panic leaves you with the 4 kings.

Matt
Sabitu,

Thanks. I wasn't aware of James Brown's PDV. Sounds like it's worth a try. I'll be very interested to use it as a follow-up to Panic.
Remember James Brown cannot be done surrounded too easily. Yes it does require misdirection but is a lot better if the spectators are to the front or side of you.
Am I going to have to spend MORE money? Sigh.

Too much stuff to want.
I saw Aaron do this on stage and was really impressed with this! I hope it comes to my local magic shop!
Watched the DVD today and thought Aaron Fisher taught it really well.
I like this.
Fun to do and looks like magic.
Could someone please direct me to the Theory 11 website or where I can purchase this DVD. I checked Aaron's website and couldn't find any info there.
Thanks.
JO here: http://www.theory11.com/tricks/panic.php
If you want to see how it looks when performed, do NOT look at the performances on youtube. Some of them make the trick look horrible!! Just warch Aaron's performance on theory 11.
Has anyone else combined Panic (got it yesterday) with Steve Bedwell's Reboxed (had it for years)?

peace, charlie
Well, since you brought them up I checked out the YouTube performances. Of the three I saw, one was not good, one seemed good, and one was shot at an odd angle. But the most problematic part of these clips (and I'll try to be delicate here even though I can't imagine that there is not a magician on these boards who doesn't immediately get the methodology) is that the initial moments of the effect didn't seem to me convincing, and these are the moments -- when the four kings are taken off the remainder of the deck and placed in the pocket -- that are not included on the Theory 11 demo. Now, I suppose the argument is that the audience is not suspecting or looking for anything at that point so there is natural misdirection...
I performed Panic several times in my restaurant today and each time eyes were wide and jaws dropped. Can't wait to use it again today. Also it does not have to be performed as an opener. I don't usually use a lot of card gimmicks due to pocket space but this effect is a keeper.

Brad
Is there an email address for Theory11? I'm having trouble registering on their site. Either there is no email or I'm not looking :)

Best Wishes, David
David,

Try this link:

http://www.theory11.com/support/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

You don't need to login or anything just open a ticket with them and include your e-mail address so they can contact you back to work on the problem. This should be faster than me guessing what the problem might be =)

--Jim
Thanks Jim, I give it a try.

Best Wishes, David
Can not wait to get mine
I liked it very very cool
He is a very good teacher. I liked the variation (Exposure?) on the ***************************s... Really helps the spectator's "believe" level.

SH

P.S. IF this post is considered exposure, mods, feel free to edit it.
Yep, definitely an eye opener. I've used this and when the deck disappears, it's the best moment in magic. Great purchase for me!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 28, 2007 01:27PM)
I have to say when I received this at first, I laughed. Didn't think it would work with what was supplied. So, I watched the DVD to PLEASE prove me wrong. First off, the production quality of these DVDs is incredible. Really great editing work and a nice setting.

Now, there has always been this thing, that (I don't mean this in a rude way) American audiences on streets seem a little fake. They go nuts, they run away etc. Wouldn't we all love spectators who actually did that. Yes, you get one once in a while, but not for every time you see a trick performed. However, you only ever see it on camera...however, having filmed a few DVDs, and been behind the scenes of other DVDs, it is because they are on camera, they act up to it. Why do I say all of this? Because Aaron gets these reactions, which gave me a laugh, they just seemed fake...now, right now I seem negative...let me say, I am completely the opposite!!! Those reactions were NOT fake!!! When I showed them to my best friend, who has seen EVERYTHING I have performed, for the first time in years, actually flipped! Swearing, took a few steps back etc. I couldn't believe it, I felt like I was on camera!!! I just had to try this out more! So that night, I went to a club with my friends, and being the Magic geek I am, the cards came too. I initially started performing to just some friends we met in the club. Now, yes I perform flourishes and flashy card material, which caught the attention of others, and soon, almost the entire ground floor of the club huddled around. I knew now was the time. The gimmick had been in my deck since the start of the routine and so I went into the routine, doing the advanced handling (Which btw, in my opinion, is the BEST version of the 'Panic'). Well, by the end of it, I don't think I could have been offered that many drinks in my life!!! Everyone was sooo fooled, made me feel like a kid again. Aarons tip on the third King from the pocket REALLY works, and provides some of the BEST misdirection I have come across, to which I will incorporate into other routines in some way. Let me say, Panic is EASILY in the top 3 effects released in 2007, and if I can get refills, I will buy a shed load! Whether people want to believe my performance is there choice, but if I could get the people there to come on and write about it, I would! This really is up there with the best of them!

You must really practice this to get it looking like Aaron does, but it really is worth that effort. Don't rush this, and do't think it is 'easy'. I mean, it is simple enough, but not easy to sell the illusion.

I remember when I watched the demo at first, I thought there was a cut, I can't lie about that, but there wasn't! I was really fooled by it, and everyone I have shown has been as well. This is highly recommended!!!
Wonderful, fabulous, aces, amazing, astonishing, remarkable, primo, wonderous... need I say more? :) Aaron looks like Robert Redford with that side shots!
Sounds like everyone is raving about this effect. that's awesome!

The demo clip does not show him get into the effect, and I'm a litle sceptical about this. Can someone who has seen the full effect being perfomed please explain effect without paraphrasing the description on the t11 site. Does the intro give away the method and hence is not included to preserve this. If so, that's understandable, but I would be more comfortable with seeing an effect fully performed.

The vanish does look great indeed :)

Thanks
I got Panic in the mail today. I am very impressed with it, but I would like to know aaron started with a full deck of cards without the gimmick and then did the trick? I don't want to say anymore to reveil anything. I noticed in the video he had a full deck in his hand and then it was like there was something edited out before he started the trick in the street performances.

I agree, I will need to practice with it to feel more confortable with it. I tried the trick on my wife, but I was just not quite ready.

I got the Panic as I'm going to start doing some restaurant strolling. I definately will spend more time with it before taking it to the restaurant.
I received it and thought it was great. This will fool lots of people.
The video looked very good. Aaron has CHNAGED his appearance big time. Just like Nate Kranzo.

Aaron is a gifted performer.
I just found a video on youtube where the guy takes the deck of cards out of a box and it adds to the trick.
Sounds really intresting and I wouldnt mind getting my hands on this, but Chris you said something that kinda bugged me.

"and if I can get refills, I will buy a shed load!"

so this gimmick will stop working at some point? And when you say it takes a while to master, what does that mean.Im not in no way a new card handler but I'm nowhere near caps or the Buck twins on my sleights. Could you elaborate a bit more?
No, the gimmick will ALWAYS work. No need to buy refills if handled with care. There is a possibility of it wearing out but it will always work. You don't need Buck twins sleight skills, all you need is practice and good audience managesment which I'm quite sure you'd have...
OK now your tempting me on spending money I shouldnt.
SO what are the angles like? Hearing that it is being done in restaurant enviorment is consoling, but I still need to know. Thanks -DP
You can actually buy refills off of Theory11. You have to email customer service and provide them with your old order# (the one that included your Panic purchase). If you don't have that, they will probably require some other kind of verification. The gimmick alone is around $7.00.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Oct 9, 2007 07:18AM)
The gimmicks will wear out just as quick as any other playing card would...the gimmick isn't wooden, metal etc, it is cardboard. I still have my originals, but after time and handling, I will want new cards.
I really enjoy performing this. I do it on the off beat, and they really get hurt bad. I mean, the deck just vanished and only four Kings remain. I also like having the pretty ladies retrieve the deck in my back pocket.
[quote]
On 2007-10-09 09:01, Irishghost wrote:
I really enjoy performing this. I do it on the off beat, and they really get hurt bad. I mean, the deck just vanished and only four Kings remain. I also like having the pretty ladies retrieve the deck in my back pocket.
[/quote]

Was that handling included in the DVD instructions??? Is there a front pocket variation?

--Jim
Jeremy's got the right idea...it's a whole lot more fun to have a female retrieve the deck from your back pocket. :)

I performed this at a party over the weekend and had my fiance's friend grab the deck out of my back pocket. But before she did this she made sure to give my backside a couple of good squeezes first. And I don't mean a quick squeeze as she went into my pocket, it was more like a quick groping of both cheeks before she actually went to grab the deck. Just one more reason why I love this effect! :thumbsup:

Matt
Just did get this today, watched the dvd and very excited to start practicing..

I've bought a lot of effects on the word of people in these forums that turned out to be not so great but this is a great effect..
LOVING IT!!

Don
I agree this is a great vanishing deck effect played around with it after watching the dvd . Gonna try it this weekend real easy to do & the gimmick is excellent !
Tophatter.
I can tell you it can be performed in complete surround situation as Aaron sold out all his stock in AMA convention last week in Hong Kong!
Hello,
Can this effect be performed in short sleeves? Thanks.
Yes it can.
[quote]
On 2007-11-16 07:04, JTSmagic wrote:
Hello,
Can this effect be performed in short sleeves? Thanks.
[/quote]
Short sleeves or no sleeves. This is a great effect and it's a wonderful opener!
I love this one. It is easy to do and have great impact ...Highly Recommended.
Greetings,
Just had to tell you, when I received Panic a few days ago I actually started laughing when I saw the gimmick, and said to myself "nfw" ... but after watching the video and starting to work with it this is brilliant. Want to practice for some time to get the whole presentation down before I take it out, will let you know. Enjoy!
Yeah, I laughed when I saw the gaffs, but I couldn't wait to try on some friends, they were totally amazed and shocked! And that was my first time doing it! (badly)
What's the life expectancy of the gaffs? Let's say you table hop and or stroll, you'll be doing this several times a night. How long can we expect?
Like you guys need any more people saying how great this trick is but I will anyways. My story is this, I got it started practicing it until I had it down decently. Time to audience test, I brought it to my toughest critic. He has seen everything, once you start doing a trick he can name it's origin, or who has done work on it, the year, the book, ect. I think you are getting my point. I did some new card tricks, set up panic in front of him and did it. He was completely blown away, he tried reconstructing it and couldn't. I would imagine since he had seen a full deck for the other tricks I did he didn't suspect a thing. I highly recommend it, if you wanted to do a vanishing deck trick and haven't found one that suits you definately take a look at Panic. As for life of the gaffs I have performed it over 50 times and they still look new.
Hope this helps,
bigdhri
Hi Christopher,

The life expectancy on the gaffs should be about the same as any normal playing cards you would handle. This should last a good long time I'd think if not abused.
Thanks folks. I appreciate the info!
I ordered this after seeing the demo, and at first I looked at it and said "no way".

Then it sunk in and I realized: "how amazingly diabolical!".

If you get it, play with it, but go back and re-watch all of Aaron's finesses and tips, and practice them. Do some mirror work (you will even fool yourself- it looks that good). I can see how his advanced version, with it's added Travelers effect/presentation is used as his opener.

This is one of the few gaffed card effects I will actually use.

Douglas M.
My wife got me "Panic" for Christmas. I could not wait til I watched the DVD. This is one of my favorites. I also showed it to my harshest critic (my wife). She loved it. Thanks everyone for the reviews, that is the reason why I asked for it for Christmas.
I was debating getting this, but I am now pretty well sold after reading this thread. I think I am ready to plop down the cash.
Yep, me too :) I'm sold
I got it a couple of days ago. It is brilliant!!! Has anyone come up with different presentations? I would love to hear some ideas.
I love this routine. Killer effect and I use it ALL THE TIME

Russell
How about the deck teletransporting from your hands to the spectator's purse? :) The reactions are so over the top.
They stopped making these.
I think, one of the best thing in panic for me is, the easiest trick to vanish a deck of card.....
I love the effect.....
[quote]
On 2009-06-14 22:05, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
They stopped making these.
[/quote]

Really? Why? It was a good easy trick!
I'm wondering if this rumor that they are not making them anymore has to do with the rumor that US Playing Card Co is no longer printing gaffed cards. What does anyone know?
[quote]
On 2009-06-16 13:27, bsears wrote:
I'm wondering if this rumor that they are not making them anymore has to do with the rumor that US Playing Card Co is no longer printing gaffed cards. What does anyone know?
[/quote]

I believe that is the case.
There is one left on Ebay now

Gunthard
This looks good. But how is it different than Angelo Carbone's Humbug?
See Angelo's comment at the end of this Genii thread:

http://www.geniimagazine.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=184250
Guys, just reading this thread you all have managed to convince me to get this trick !!

I'm pretty *** sure I'm gonna love it !
I have some heirloom decks coming from cardsharks is there a way to 'age' the gaff so it would match up with the heirloom decks? Or move it to any style deck? I love the whole hierloom plot and would like to use the deck for other routines but because it is 'aged' using custom gaffed effects is dodgey. I'm going to cannibalize my self rising cards to move the gimmick into the heirloom deck. I'd love to finish a set with this.
Um, no.
Thanks, I'm going to grab it anyway because you folks have raved about it so much. Now a days I either see and effect in person or look up the review on magic Café.

Looking forward to getting my sanctum 2 from outlaw it's my first outlaw effect. I like the idea of tying in the plots of Heirloom and Sanctum. I'm gravitating more towards plot lines now instead of pick a card. I'll figure out a way to work it in and thanks to this forum there were a few great posts on how to age decks gently so I can also do the same with gaffs.

Cool stuff.
I heard that Aaron is going to re-release Panic this holiday season! I am pumped because I have wanted to perform this effect for a while, but I found out about the effect too late.

To everyone that been using this effect over the past couple of years, what are some of your tales from performances of the effect?

~ Nathan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg7wUAPoY0c
As of today:

Once again available.

Available in red or blue and works with Bikes or Mandolins.

$19.95 USD

http://www.aaronfishermagic.com/panic.htm
This is great news as many still prefer the Bicycle design than Mandolin.

It is also one of the easiest effects you can do.
This is a great effect. I highly recommend it.
I ordered Panic late last night. Got the video links moments after ordering. Fantastic video teaching by Aaron for every aspect of performing Panic.

Thanks!

Jim
I'm curious, as I have this in the original version -- are there two sets of gaffs, one for Bikes and one for Mandolins, or is it now a kind of "Universal" gaff?
Hi bugjack, it's more of a universal gaff. And it comes in either red or blue.
But it doesn't come fast...
[quote]
On 2011-12-03 09:51, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
But it doesn't come fast...
[/quote]

How true! Has anyone who ordered this received it yet?

Thanks!

Jim
I received mine on Saturday here in Ohio.

~ Nathan
Wait a minute? Universal gaff? Means you can use it for both Bicycle and Mandolin?
Looks good!!
Just got mine, J-Mac!
Got mine on Monday. Loving it! I will say that the video training for this is great. Really well done. Thanks Aaron!

Jim
Just saw the review on the magic session and placed my order. Sounds like it has a lot of the qualities that will make it a potentially strong addition to my walk around set. Looking forward to this one!
I keep it next to my Princess card trick. Why? Just shows...even a Pauper can be a Princess with a little make-up and dressing.
I have and love Carbone's Humbug, but this looks/sounds even better (and it's a bit less costly). So I splurged, especially since Angelo says they can be employed together.....
When you perform Panic for the first time, get ready for gasps. At the very least, it should retail for $50. Why it's $25 is a mystery ( maybe they sell more, which I guess is the bottom line ).

Clarke
[quote]
On 2007-09-07 23:07, KenW wrote:
[/quote]
No you can get it in red and blue backs from here: http://www.magicshop.co.uk/
Just search "panic"
I've been using this for many years and find it's as grate as any other vanishing gaffed deck. Although I have found carrying gaffed cards around is troublesome and I stick with Calen Morelli's Impromptu teleporting deck.
I used to love using Masuda's Ambelitious but Panic is also better because it's easier to clean up. Aaron is a great teacher as he will break down the tutorial into some segments and offers alternative handling.
I cant wait to get this. I just ordered it and cant wait to use it and watch the jaws drop!
[quote]
On 2012-03-08 23:42, 123crampt wrote:
I've been using this for many years and find it's as grate as any other vanishing gaffed deck. Although I have found carrying gaffed cards around is troublesome and I stick with Calen Morelli's Impromptu teleporting deck.
[/quote]

Where can we find Calen Morelli's Impromptu teleporting deck?
Pulled Panic out of the box last night and performed it again. It feels like ages since my last Panic performance, and with the reactions I got with it I am not sure why I ever stopped using it. Truly a great, simple to learn, fun trick to perform. Highly recommended.
I'm still anxiously awaitng my recently purchased Panic gimmick.... Hurry Up.. I can;t wait to blow some minds!!!!
I just received mine and after watching the video, I gave it the "wife test". It PASSED with flying colors and now I can't wait to try it on a paying audience. This is going to be one of my favorite card effects I think

Charlie
I learnt Panic on Thursday, practised a few times and then tried it out at work yesterday for co-workers and customers. It went fantastic and had perfect reactions each and every time (I did it about 10 times). I am a hobbyist magician and I'm always looking for the trick that is idiot-proof, easy to do and learn and totally fools my spectators. Panic fills all those requirements and more. I can't believe how convincing it looks. Some of my co-workers watched me do it two or 3 times and concentrated completely to see if they could work it out and still they have no idea how a full deck of cards just disappears. Aarons teaching on the DVD and online videos is very good and it's important to follow his lead. He teaches the correct handling of the cards and the positioning of the fingers, etc. Also the correct handling just before the disappearance of the deck. This is all very important and makes a big difference. I can hardly wait to get back to work again today to keep on performing this. This trick has my highest recommendation.
" This trick has my highest recommendation."

Agree- it is a very good worker...
I really don't get it! This gimmick should last 20 years if handled with care. It's not going to break... Readers shouldn't be swayed not to buy because they interpret the gimmick as being cheap. My opinion respectively.
[quote]
On 2012-04-15 17:55, Steve Landavazo wrote:
I really don't get it! This gimmick should last 20 years if handled with care. It's not going to break... Readers shouldn't be swayed not to buy because they interpret the gimmick as being cheap. My opinion respectively.
[/quote]

I agree. I actually had passed on this when first released thing it would wear out quickly. Won't happen. This is a workhorse!

Clarke
I passed on this first time around as well. Glad Aaron decided to re-release it, Saw it live at Aaron Fisher's lecture and Denny & Lee's and it was a must buy!!!!
Will be performing this for the first time at the restaurant tonight. Hoping for killer reactions.
[quote]
On 2012-04-19 06:43, slyhand wrote:
Will be performing this for the first time at the restaurant tonight. Hoping for killer reactions.
[/quote]

Let us know what you think. How it went.
I did it several times through the night. I have devised a way to reset it in the quickest amount of time.

Although I love the effect, it is not as strong as some of my other stuff. I think it may be due to me not working it enough to make it strong.
I will have to play with the presentation more to come up with a better "handling" that suits my personality.

I believe it can be a killer effect but at the moment it is not with me. Gonna keep working with it till I come up with a fun and smack em up-side the head trick.
I've yet to try this out but love practicing it. It's one of those moments that even amazes yourself during practice!
This effect kills laymen. A must have.
Yes, Cytoplasm, and videoing it is even better...
I purchased it when it was first released, and have never been sorry. My gimmick did wear out though. Well, actually, it got scuffed and dirty looking, but it's still a fabulous effect.
[quote]
On 2012-04-15 17:55, Steve Landavazo wrote:
[/quote]

I agree! However, I purchased a back up "Just in case".....As with any gimmicks of this type, something could happen and in this case I would rather not be without it. Steve is 100% correct though....handled with reasonable care it should last for a very, very long time. I carry it with me most of the time now as it takes so little space, that's another big plus in my book....

I have yet to get anything but a great response to this. No funny moves, easy to do, nothing to forget..... I love it!

I hope everybody is having a great weekend!

Best,
Bobby
REALLY!!! THOUGHT it was a cool effect but kinda got stuck in the Drawer. So you guys are telling me to get this out and work on it huh? Question other than the deck, how else do you guys carry this on you...
I carry a "tricked deck" which looks normal but contains a number of effects, many being packet tricks. This keeps all of my packet stuff nice and neat, looks normal and is very organized. I love having essentially an entire show in one "deck" of cards...

Jim
Can I just commend Aaron Fisher on this release?

First off he released a gem. Just read through this thread and there are magicians from all around the world raving about this trick.

Now, he is sending out additional videos years after his release to continue to assist those that purchased the effect...AT NO COST TO US! I wish more magic creators would follow his lead. Sure, his email list also contains promotions for his newer items but he rarely sends out email blasts and when he does they almost always contain new information about his older effects. Just wanted everyone to know...

He puts on a great lecture as well!
Hey Steve where can I get on his list? I have proof that I own the effect but not on any mailing list. Pm if must.
I have a very challenging question for people here using Panic ...

How do I combine Panic to switch in a memorized deck?? In particular the Aronson stack but I guess the idea could apply to any deck.

Since I am taking out a deck from my pocket, it might as well be a memorized deck. Any comments??
Challenging? You pretty much answered your own question. No reason you can't take any deck that you wish out of your pocket. Should match the backs though.

Jim
Jim: The Panic kings are not clean. don't forget that you end up with four kings at the end of panic which must be get rid off. How do you routine the switch of the shuffle deck with the mem-deck in front of the audience and what do you do with the Panic kings and the normal kings in the mem-deck? This is my main concern. For example I have thought of removing the kings from the mem deck altogether and place them somewhere (e.g in the cardbox) and then switch the Panic kings with the ordinary ones which I will then insert at the specific positions in the mem-deck at some point. But this may draw heat in front of spectators plus I need to find an appropriate switch for the kings.
[quote]
On 2012-05-19 09:38, philippos1979 wrote:
Jim: The Panic kings are not clean. don't forget that you end up with four kings at the end of panic which must be get rid off. How do you routine the switch of the shuffle deck with the mem-deck in front of the audience and what do you do with the Panic kings and the normal kings in the mem-deck? This is my main concern. For example I have thought of removing the kings from the mem deck altogether and place them somewhere (e.g in the cardbox) and then switch the Panic kings with the ordinary ones which I will then insert at the specific positions in the mem-deck at some point. But this may draw heat in front of spectators plus I need to find an appropriate switch for the kings.
[/quote]

Just reach into your pocket with the gimmicked kings to bring out the full mem deck and leave Panic behind...
Yeah, it is not too much trouble. If you are a little paranoid, as am I, your deck will have four kings on its face for an easy and seamless switch...
Thanks... How do you deal with the fact that the four ordinary Kings must then be placed in the correct places in the mem deck which you will take out of your pocket? E.g remove ordinary kings from memdeck before the show and at the end of panic Casually insert each one of the four ordinary kings in correct order while speaking to them?
Nope. I would just have the entire memdeck ready to go, and ditch Panic as I take out the deck (that already has the regular Kings in the appropriate positions) and immediately, yet casually do a false shuffle or two as you transition into the next effect. I think trying to figure out a way to switch Panic for the kings and reinsert them into the memdeck is way too much for what you're actually doing.
Good question. Velcrowe is right that you just do the switch "these kings have lost their mates, lets put them away and go for a brand new deck" or the like. For me, I would have no trouble at all openly putting them exactly where they go- " let's see, I want to spread them fairly out into the deck, OK this one goes here, and this one I will put here....." Remember, no one else has a clue what you are going for. It will work if you present it nonchalantly...
Nonchalance is definitely the key.
Hello, fellas well I emailed Aaron about the Panic Downloads and he got back to me. This is what he asked me to do, So here you go.

Hey Man -

Congratulations!!!!! That's great news - I'm super happy for you!

To get on that panic list, just go to aaronfishermagic.com/panicdvd and fill out the form, you'll get the tutorials in the coming days if your do that! I've only posted two of them so far, but theres one more to come and their may be more (if you send me a good question or two) later this summer!!!!

While you're at it, maybe you could do us a favor - and go to the Café and invite anyone there, on my behalf, to download the full panic dvd for learning purposes - which will also put them on the list to receive those tutorials!!!

Would you do that for me? It's always fun to share good news I find!.....

Thanks!
Aaron
Wow this sounds like a really awesome effect, you purchase it at theory11.com?
[quote]
On 2012-05-22 15:27, Akil wrote:
Wow this sounds like a really awesome effect, you purchase it at theory11.com?
[/quote]
Not anymore. The re-release is not a T-11 exclusive. You can get it at major online shops, (Penguin, Alakazam, and other shops that sell more than just their own line of products) or you coulkd buy it direct from Aaron. Here is a link to Aaron's site

Well worth the money - great trick!
I spent ages doing it fron of a mirror fooling myself everytime, it is that good.
Wish you could buy refills though, so I can get it in both back colours without having to get another DVD.
Burf you can... On Aarons website he sells refills.

don't say I never do anythingfor you.lol
[quote]
On 2012-05-24 21:59, paisa23 wrote:
Burf you can... On Aarons website he sells refills.

don't say I never do anythingfor you.lol
[/quote]

Thanks, appeciate it.
Message: Posted by: Silver Glove Magic (Nov 24, 2012 11:04AM)
Forgive me if I'm repeating a question here. But I'm curious how this effect is "totally examinable"? That doesn't seem possible after revealing the kings. Thoughts anyone? Thanks.
[quote]
On 2012-11-24 12:04, Silver Glove Magic wrote:
Forgive me if I'm repeating a question here. But I'm curious how this effect is "totally examinable"? That doesn't seem possible after revealing the kings. Thoughts anyone? Thanks.
[/quote]

That's deceptive. Like many effects, something must be done first to make it that way.

Thanks!

Jim
Message: Posted by: Silver Glove Magic (Nov 24, 2012 11:58AM)
[quote]
On 2012-11-24 12:42, J-Mac wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

That's deceptive. Like many effects, something must be done first to make it that way.

Thanks!

Jim
[/quote]

I hear ya--I just did a little research and I found my answer. Once again the Café comes through in the clutch. Good stuff.
Just picked this up at my local magic store. Im not sure how it is sold online but at the shop it was only 19.95 and just came with the gimmick in a cardboard insert. Training is provided online. I think this is a great way to save a couple bucks as I always save my magic dvds on my computer anyway. Plus no shipping costs. Can't wait to start practicing this first thing in the morning!
Just received Panic from Penguin Magic. Very interesting gimmicks. Aaron Fisher is excellent on the DVD, explaining everything and the reasons along with the justifications in the use of established magic principles.

I don't know if it will work in all situations, I will have to experiment. I am speaking of holding and showing the deck (?). He always shows it from a low and below position. This may not be the best position for say 4 People gathered around the performer for all to see, while standing.

Yes, he covers a position for more then 10 to 20 people audience.
Panic is so surprising ! When it dropped through my door and I first looked at the goodies my thoughts were not so good but now after trying Panic out a few times the reactions are amazing !! So much more deceptive in practise, I love this .
Omg, I thought this was bad and everyone would tell the gimmick and they're bad angles etc. but now this is one of my fav tricks... it is so deceptive no one will catch you and it is a great trick... buy it now
Just curious if anyone has tried this yet:

Do routine so that the deck transforms into the 4 aces. At beginning of routinw you say "I wont be needing these 4 aces for the effect. Put them into a deck(on top). Perform Brauer reversal to show Aces are not there and you're set for the next trick with Aces Loaded on top (for my "Cutting Edges" by Colombini).

Just curious.
[quote]
On 2013-01-25 01:45, magicman491 wrote:
Omg, I thought this was bad and everyone would tell the gimmick and they're bad angles etc. but now this is one of my fav tricks... it is so deceptive no one will catch you and it is a great trick... buy it now
[/quote]

That's the benefit of performing. 99% of those that order magic, never perform it........but they make sure they review it!
:rotf:
Once you get the depth perception its just fantastic.
I have had this effect for a few years now. I have one of the 1st runs that came out. Never did perform it. Not sure way. It looks crazy cool. Thinking on bringing back out and putting it to work.
In his lecture on Penguin Magic he says it's the perfect opportunity for a de*k s****h.
Show a case empty (Marcus Eddie "EMPTY" gimmick) and place on table. Take out your apparent full deck and put the top 4 Aces in the empty case on table. Spread out deck in hands (Panic), compress cards in hands (or whatever it is you do) revealing that the deck turned in to 4 aces. Go to deck on table (EMPTY gimmick) which has been in full view the whole time (and has just been seen to be empty except for the 4 aces you just placed in) and show that the rest of the deck transposed back to the deck (minus the 4 Aces that are in your hand).

Did this today .. worked out great
I ripped my gimmick in two by mistake! RIP Panic...
[quote]
On 2013-08-04 11:16, InstantMagicBen wrote:
I ripped my gimmick in two by mistake! RIP Panic...
[/quote]
Do you know any torn and restored card effects ? :0)
I just bought Panic used recently and I really like it a lot.
When you first look at the gimmick you think "Oh no, this is exactly what I was hoping it wouldn't be."
I had never seen Aaron Fisher before but I thought he did an excellent job on the DVD. However, Wayne Houchin's direction was terrible-sorry Wayne, although possible it was the camera operators fault.
After playing with it a bit it really started to appeal to me. I think it could be a real mind blower, and I have a couple ideas of using it as lead-in to other effects.

The only difficulty I am having, is when showing the "deck" the cards keep bending downwards from side to side.
Anyone else experience this?
I've tried using my left forefinger and right thumb for support but still having problems.
It requires a certain amount of pressure to draw the cards down, but any pressure seems to bend the cards slightly, and to me ruins the illusion.
Guess I just need to keep working at it.
Very nice effect though. A lot of potential if I can get it down smoothly.
Good idea Mag1can, but how do you put 'Empty' on the table? Always considered it an 'in the hands' effect.
Hi Guys,
newcomer here and I had a question : I was Looking into purchasing Aaron Fisher's Panic which looks pretty simple and effective with proper training and work.
However it seems it is for mandolin back cards. And I only own normal rider back bicycles. They say it works fine but I'd like some first hand confirmation from recent buyers before purchasing it myself. Or do I need to buy a mandolin deck (which honestly I'd rather not have to do since I have a whole 12 decks cartridge at home).
Thanks
Aaron shows how it can easily be done with Bikes by switching one card. No need to buy mandolins.
Fantastic. Many many thanks for the reply
Is there any link to this or is it on the DVD/video addons ?
I can imagin that for the beginning of the trick, just changing the top King would be OK, but I seem to remember that the end of the trick, he would show the 4 king's back (actually their half part with the usual rider back/mandolin on it.
[b]WHAT![/b] You mean I have had this all this time and it is not mad with a Bicycle Deck, are you kidding me. I have been doing this for several months and never notice the difference.

How dare they not made with Bicycle cards. I been ripped off!
1° solution : you're pulling my leg and I'm gonna fall for it ;)
2° solution : from what I gathered, they're made from Bicycle cards, not rider back though since the USPCC has decided to forbid any gaffing of their rider back cards. Hence the creation of the mandolin design. There are several posts here about it (http://www.murphysmagicsupplies.com/additional_files/MANDOLIN%20DECK%20FAQ.pdf)

I finally purchased Panic from Penguin. Although I read somewhere about Aaron giving some more video/info on his website. Do we have access to this if we didn't buy the gaff+DVD on his website ?
Not to my knowledge, Aaron Fisher sends you a webpage address to view the added material, you have to register the product before getting this info as I remember. It has been a while since I have went their.
[quote]
On 2013-08-05 03:47, videoman wrote:

The only difficulty I am having, is when showing the "deck" the cards keep bending downwards from side to side.
I've tried using my left forefinger and right thumb for support but still having problems.
It requires a certain amount of pressure to draw the cards down, but any pressure seems to bend the cards slightly, and to me ruins the illusion.
[/quote]
Juste received my Panic from Penguin and having the same problem here. Any tips or is it just a matter of practicing ?

Also subscribed to Aaron's website, received an email with a link to a video file which is... exactly the same tutorial as the DVD content. Was it the same for you ?
:) I just received panic from Penguin Magic, what can I say, the Gimmick blow me away, not what I expected. Love it. Going to watch the DVD now.
Watched the DVD. The presentation on the DVD is great. I love these tricks that are easy to perform because it allows me to concentrate on the performance.
[quote]
On 2013-10-16 10:37, ManuManu wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-08-05 03:47, videoman wrote:

[/quote]
Juste received my Panic from Penguin and having the same problem here. Any tips or is it just a matter of practicing ?

Also subscribed to Aaron's website, received an email with a link to a video file which is... exactly the same tutorial as the DVD content. Was it the same for you ?
[/quote]

Same for me, I just got a link to a video which is the DVD.
[quote]
On 2012-11-24 12:42, J-Mac wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Thanks!

Jim
[/quote]
In the words of a young 7 year old who was showing me is new trick…. before he performed it, he turned his back saying…."You know how it is with Magicians….we have to do stuff before we do stuff"… :)
Well, if you do the transpo with the Kings, you end clean.
[quote]On Sep 7, 2007, KenW wrote:
Does it only come in red backs? [/quote]

Hi I have it in unused in blue back and would be prepared to swap for red back?
I recently started performing Panic in conjunction with a 4-Ace location taught by Max Maven in his recent penguin lecture. (Swapping the Aces w/Kings). Makes for a nice routine and leaves people wide-Eyed :-)
I highly recommend Panic and if you want a great 4 of a kind location that takes place in the specs hands, check out Max's penguin lecture.
Best,
Bk
Anyone like [b]Widespread[/b] over [b]Panic[/b]. Same trick, just now Widespread is spread across as in a normal spreading of cards from hand to hand. I would have thought Widespread would have been the logical 1st choice to manufacture, as the is the most used method to spread a deck of cards by magicians.
I know this is a very old thread, and if I am posting in the wrong area I apologize. I got panic when it first came out and it has always been a great effect to perform. Now I may be thinking like a magician here and I have not played with this in a while and recently started using it again, and the showing of the full deck always bothered me a little and even though I have never been busted, I altered the gimmick slightly and now feel totally comfortable showing and spreading “the entire” deck. I know the original gimmick looks awesome and like I said I may be thinking like a magician here- it just adds to the visual of showing and spreading the “entire deck”. If anyone still uses panic give me a PM and I’ll explain it better.