(Close Window)
Topic: New to you
Well, it's high time I introduced myself.

I've been surfing around these boards for a couple of years now but only made a couple of posts in that time. Call it shyness, reserve (or fear) or whatever. Usually, if I've had a question on a topic, there's been an answer or a suggestion or an experience from someone somewhere in this huge collection of information and for that I'm grateful.

Me? I started off in professional magic but made the switch to theatre over twenty years ago. I'll still do a handful of magic appearances a year, to keep my hand in (and as an excuse to keep practicing!) usually as part of fundraisers or special events. I maintain membership in SAM. I love magic dearly, the sense of wonder, the gasps of astonishment ... the professional life, however, wasn't for me.

Now that I'm older and wiser (ha!) I've been considering getting back in the business, not so much as another career switch (that would be impossible) but more as another 'project', another string to my bow, if you will, to turn the gas up on the back burner, another active ingredient in the mix ... (how many metaphors is that?)

So hi, to everyone who reads these fresh meat posts. Maybe I'll start contributing more.
Welcome to the Café... :dancing:
Welcome to the Café and enjoy!
Welcome to the Café!
Welcome to the Café, have fun!