(Close Window)
Topic: Ouch!
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Sep 14, 2007 05:57PM)
I am wondering if anyone can help. Today while browsing at the mall, I suddenly discovered that I cannot move my neck to the left at all. I try to and the pain is almost excruciating. My neck can turn to the right just fine, but the left is so painful. It may be a kink, but I am only 14 and don't know what could be wrong.

Does anyone know what this may be and what I can do to help it? The pain is in the back of my next on the far left side.

Thank you!
Well... I used to be a nurse... and if you are serious...

You're only 14 and you didn't do anything to hurt it.
It's probably a muscle spasm of some sort.
Take some advil it will go away in a few days.

If you are joking... I don't get it.

Randi
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Sep 14, 2007 06:26PM)
Why would I be joking? And thank you! Just took some.
Could be a pulled muscle. Take some aspirin.

Don't call me in the morning!
First the cat...now this.
I did this once. When I say I did, actually my friend did.
Take a piece of clothing and some hair from he that is putting a curse on you. Put it into a jar, a mason jar, along with a scoop of dirt from a grave holding the corpse of one the same age as your oppressor. Put a bit of water in the jar, just a bit, not enough to make mud, and shake it up. Hang the jar from a tree so that the light of the setting sun hits it before going down and leave it for three days. After the third day take that jar and bury it in that grave yard and your neck be fine as before.
Cool guys learn to look without turning their heads. Next time wear sunglasses and move only your eyes :cool:
Hope the advil helps.

John
MagicSanta,

I looked up your spell in an old book and that one is actually meant to strike noisey adolescents dumb.

Destiny
Tell your parents. They'll decide whether you should see a doctor.
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Sep 14, 2007 09:28PM)
Ask that question in a cribbage forum.
I've had that happen before. Usually it's just a muscle that has tightened up and needs to relax. You may want to try putting some warm compresses on it to get it to loosen up. Ultimately, though, only time will allow it to go away.

One question, though, did you recently sit with your head in an unusual position? That's what did it to me.
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Sep 14, 2007 10:20PM)
Actually, I layed down and napped with my face shoved into a couch.
I think it's kind of funny that you keep asking these questions here... seems like this and the cat question should have been asked to healthcare professionals, not random people browsing the "not so magical" forum on the Café.
I still think he was cursed, likely by that kid he insulted by announcing he was a bad magician.
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Sep 14, 2007 10:56PM)
I was just venting my problems.

Anyway, I come here because I respect and trust your opinions.
So you going with the jar and voodoo?
Accidently kicks MagicSanta, smiles sweetly and says oops. :O)

Michael Mystic, thank you for trusting our opinions..next time it happens you can apply a heat pad to relax the muscles, hot bath works good too.

Forget MagicSanta's advice however, he got his spells mixed up..the one he mentioned is the one used to get rid of warts. :O) You can hardly notice the one on the the tip of my nose anymore.

Chrystal
You ever move to that Island with the other hippies Chrystal?
Hey how did you know about that? Someday I might give peace a chance.

Nope, I stayed put, but my sister ended up buying property on a mountain for our future animal sanctuary. Although an Island would have been helpful when we unload them from the Ark. LOL!

C
Mike, just don't turn you neck to the left and you won't know you have a problem. Seriously, I think you've answered your own question. You took a nap in an unusual position and the muscles in your neck stiffened up. Usually doesn't happen until you're older but.....Lot's of home remedies. Put Ben Gay or Icy Hot on it. Put a heating pad on it. Stand under a shower with a pulsing spray if you have one.
Crystal...I know all, I have a Chrystal ball!
Sounds like it would go nice in my Chrystal Palace!

Michael how's your neck today?

C
Better'n that hog farm down the road eh?
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Sep 15, 2007 03:43PM)
Hello,

My neck still hasn't changed at all, but it will get there soon. Thanks for asking!

Michael
Magicians are not doctors, neither are sideshow performers. With that said...

If you can find this stuff called Biofreeze get it...put it on your neck...pain will be gone. It isn't a cure, but it makes the pain go away for a few hours. I get mine from my chiropractor.

And after I see my Chiropractor, I then enjoy some acupuncture then I go for my aroma therapy session followed by the psychic surgery...to get out all those bad bacon strip looking things out of me. Oh yeah, then I take the 52 homeopathic remedies I subscribe to.

Brett.
OH GOD!

for real though! if you use the biofreeze or bengay or whatever, DO NOT use a heating pad at the same time, it will burn your flesh...

Use a heating pad when you are not using the salve.

Brett.
Just be glad, Michaelmystic, that you aren't old enough to drive. That could only make the situation worse.

Next time, don't sleep in any weird positions. By the way, did you sleep with it buried in one of the back or side cushions? Enquiring minds want to know. ;)

Also, if it doesn't go away after a few days, let your parents know so that you can get real medical help. This condition shouldn't last for more than a few days.
[quote]
On 2007-09-14 22:10, Bill Hallahan wrote:
Tell your parents. They'll decide whether you should see a doctor.
[/quote]

Michael please make this post by Bill your screen saver.

ASK YOUR PARENTS and let them decide. You are 14 and they will help you. Stop asking questions like this on a magic chat board because they scare people.
It also makes us go "oh my...."