(Close Window)
Topic: Justice? Where is the justice?
As anyone hip to music knows the greatest band of all time isn't The Rolling Stones or any of those other pretenders, no, it isn't even The Pretenders. The greatest band of all time is, of course, Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show. It has come to my attention these folks are not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, mistakenly located in Cleveland Ohio. You can sign an on line petition to amend this situation at http://www.petitiononline.com/DHRRHN/petition-sign.html and make things right in the world. I'm not kidding.
After the way they treated my darling daughter? Vote for the Partridge Family.

[signed]
Sylvia's Mother
They were very respectful to Sylvia! They just wanted to say....goodbye...goodbye. That phone call cost them like $2.00 and in 1972 that was real money!
A curse on you both for wedging that insipid song in my head.

Please Mrs. Avery
I just wanna talk to her
I'll only keep her a while

AAAAAAAAAARGGGGGG!
I remember "The Tom Jones Show" where Tom sang the song and a couple of women acted out the events of the song. Sylvia's mother was talking on the phone and Sylvia, tied up with what looked like the 100 foot rope escape, is trying to get to the phone.

At the end of the song, as the lights came back up, Tom looked at the audience and said; "Was there something going on behind me?"