(Close Window)
Topic: Nerds!!!
All of us.

If you say your are not...then shame on you, you're lying.

Brett.
You be nice to nerds. My wife married one.

John
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Sep 16, 2007 10:25PM)
How else could I do card to pocket protector?

(Mohamed Ali did magic. So there is one exception.)
The only reason not to hate Bill Gates: after all those years of "nerd hell" in school, we can smile knowing that a nerd is that rich, and got that way from his nerd interests.
No no I'm very cool
I have never been called one, thought to be one or resembled one. Even my kid's friends thought I was 'cool'. I sell to nerds and make things for nerds...nerds who want to be cool...like me. :)
I brought up the discussion in Food For Thought and got shouted down by most people who protested that magicians are not geeks.
Perhaps we should revisit it in food for thought?

those dorks wouldn't know cool if they got beat down by a group of people who were, in fact, cool.
There, it's done
I'm not a nerd. I'm a geek!
You can't be "with it" and be a nerd.However you can be a MARK and be a nerd...as a matter of fact most marks are nerds and ALL nerds are marks.
I'm telling Mark you called him a nerd.
So...according to the God of Pitchers (not containers, people that sell things to other people) I'm not a nerd.

I'm just "With it", which is slightly better, or maybe worse. I'm not sure which.

Brett.
Its not what you do that makes you "with it" its how you think.So not all side show perfourmers are with it.

I got to thinking.Were the old 'Pin Heads'nerds or with it.Maybe they were an exception to the rule and were nerds that were with it.

So Breet,saying you're a nerd might mean your NOT with it.Than to you might be like a pin head and be a nerd that is with it.

The God of Pitches...
Nope! I'm not a nerd!

I've often heard that magicians fall into the category of nerd or class clown. I must have been the latter.

Chrystal
Magician's are basically lazy. Show Biz is percieved by the young as a free ride. Magicians can't sing or dance or decorate kitchens so they take the easy out...buy a Glorpy...sit back and wait for the bookings. It's a token profession...

"I have a job Ma! Geez."
I'll have you know, Doug, in my day I owned a Glorpy AND a Hyrum!
Magicians are all nerds especially those who walk around with a deck of cards in their pocket protector asking everyone they see to pick a card, that is why I call myself a juggler, and I hate card tricks. Aren't card tricks all the same trick done 1,000 different ways over, and over, and over again? YUK
Yes Al...but shhhhhhhhhh. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I don't think nerds can perform in front of people, not well anyway. So, those that perform may not be nerds at all, just entertainers.
Craig
What percentage of people who call them self magicians actually perform? There are over 100 members of SAM4 in Philadelphia, and I would guess that less than 10 of them perform for money, the rest of them are in the "pick a card please" category.
Message: Posted by: Josh the Superfluous (Sep 22, 2007 09:39AM)
[quote]
On 2007-09-21 13:48, Al Angello wrote:
Aren't card tricks all the same trick done 1,000 different ways over, and over, and over again? YUK
[/quote]

I'd defend card tricks, but that would just reinforce the initial post.