(Close Window)
Topic: New Five Dollar Bill Is On The Way....
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=3628755

sdmagic
Cool...yet another opportunity for magicians to brainstorm and learn NEW ways to do their effects.

Hopefully magicians in the European countries, and elsewhere, can share ways they use their bills in magic, since they have had these types of colors and graphics on theirs for years.

Hmmm...Let's see...if I hold it like this, and then....Hmmm...

Mark.
Just hope the security strip will not run through the corner of the 5 which is critical to so many effects with that corner torn or cut off. We'll see.
IT's Pretty
Ready for some colorful bill switches?.. :) ..
Whatever happened to the idea that they were going to make the bills different sizes, for the blind? This new version doesn't do much for that problem.

Also, if the issue is that counterfeiters were bleaching the 5's and printing 100's on the paper, different sized bill would have fixed that.
Hey Curtis,

What? The govt. make sense for once? Now you are just talking crazy. Haha
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Sep 23, 2007 11:29AM)
Canadian money is the best.
Anytime they change the design and color of bills it's a concern. If you need to do a switch and they have a new five and you only have old fives your volunteer may notice. Same thing goes for all the new quarters.
You've got a point there Mr Mike. You will have to somehow be prepared for either until they've been in circulation long enough.
[quote]
On 2007-09-20 12:43, serge storms wrote:
Just hope the security strip will not run through the corner of the 5 which is critical to so many effects with that corner torn or cut off. We'll see.
[/quote]

If they do... tear off a different corner. :dizzy:
It all looks nice, except for that horrid purple five in the corner.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Mar 17, 2008 11:45PM)
Has anyone gotten one of these yet?
Saw one today at my local shop. The purple 5 on the bottom right of the back side is FRIGGIN' HUGE! Comically so.

Front is nice though.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Mar 18, 2008 12:05AM)
I tried to get them from a couple of banks, but they don't have any.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Mar 18, 2008 06:46PM)
Alright, I just got 6 of these, and they are perfect for Extreme Burn!
What makes them perfect for Extreme burn? The bright colors or something else? Are you planning to change 1's into the new 5's? Old 5s into the new 5s? Please elaborate.

Thanks!

sdmagic
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Mar 19, 2008 03:28PM)
I'm changing the $1's into the new $5's. They work good, because the edges of the new $5 are the exact same color as the $1's, so you have less to hide. The change also looks startling because of the contrast.
Sounds good! Thanks! Off to the bank to score some 5's!
I ran into a snag with these.

A few evenings ago I performed- [i]"Beswitched"[/i] by Greorge Hample. I wasn't even aware of the new fives.

When I began the effect someone said [i]"Hey is that one of those new fives?"[/i] At this point there was a lot of attention on the five and or if it was a new one.

Before anyone could start describing what the new bills where all about, I stated that I wasn't aware of them yet and I quickly went into the effect.

My conclusion- In order to avoid this challenge many solutions come to mind however I have found Corey Burkes "Terminal Voracity" to work very well for this new 5.

Cleverly

Scar
How much are the new five dollar bills going to be worth? Does anybody know?
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Mar 25, 2008 01:40PM)
They are worth 5 dollars.
Are you sure? Didn't the euro devalue the dollar?
If you're in the U.S. I'm sure they are worth FIVE U.S. dollars :)
[quote]
On 2007-09-23 07:23, Curtis Kam wrote:
Whatever happened to the idea that they were going to make the bills different sizes, for the blind? This new version doesn't do much for that problem.
[/quote]
I don't know Curtis... that new five makes me almost wish I were blind.

Isn't the current administration wasting enought of our money? Why do we need to keep retooling our currency every few months?
Hey, I didn't say I was for it, I just heard that a Federal judge had ruled that it had to be done. Looks like we dodged that bullet somehow.

I still haven't seen one of these colorful 5's. Does anyone know if it affects the good old $5 and $1 transposition?
[quote]
On 2008-03-25 13:28, Lady D wrote:
How much are the new five dollar bills going to be worth? Does anybody know?
[/quote]
I tell you what I buy all the fives you can get for 3 dollar bills each that's a much higher paper value for you!
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Mar 28, 2008 10:13AM)
I know they Canadian bills have brail in the upper right corner on the face of the bill. I hear they are also going to eliminate the $5 and make the Foonie...

I'm not joking.
I LOVE THE NEW BILLS...I do several different bill switches and the corner makes it so much more visual...And yes, they are worth 5 dollars(usd)...
[quote]
On 2007-11-04 21:11, Mr Mike wrote:
Anytime they change the design and color of bills it's a concern. If you need to do a switch and they have a new five and you only have old fives your volunteer may notice. Same thing goes for all the new quarters.
[/quote]

You're a man after my own heart. This has [i]always[/i] irked me no end. Makes me a little gun shy to borrow coins and bills for an effect any more. The good ol' days of borrowing a bill or coin and it easily passing after a switch are sadly, gone forever, it seems.

I suppose we can thank the counterfeiters for this.

"Thanks for the sour persimmons, cousin."
[quote]
On 2008-03-19 00:09, sdmagic wrote:
What makes them perfect for Extreme burn? The bright colors or something else? Are you planning to change 1's into the new 5's? Old 5s into the new 5s? Please elaborate.

Thanks!

sdmagic
[/quote]
I have been using the new $5.00 and changing them into the colorful $50.00
The patter is ,"Have you seen the new 5 dollar bill ,let me show you something amazing about them ". You then procede to change them into $50's.
Why any *working pro* would be concerned with this is beyond me...
Amen-