(Close Window)
Topic: The CELLULATOR (Wolfs magic Wiz kote style effect)
Hey folks,
The LONG WAIT is finally over! We are happy to announce that we are IN PRODUCTION of the long awaited Wacky Wolf version of the Classic Wiz-Kote Machine effect!
We call it...the CELLULATOR!
As you would expect, we went MILES AHEAD of the original version in Design, Plot, Quality and Function! The new plot has made this great effect NOT FOR JUST KIDS ANYMORE! The effect can work equally well for ADULT SHOWS (if not even better) yet fantastic for Kid Shows as well! We changed the plot so a CELL PHONE, I-PHONE, GAMEBOY or any other small electronic device may be used!

Basic effect is as follows:
A Cell Phone is borrowed as the Magician states he can upload up to 1 MILLION FREE MINUTES using his latest invention
...the CELLULATOR! The Cell Phone is dropped inside the wild contraption. All is going well as the JUMBO LIGHTS FLASH! The ratcheting Minute Maximizer Dial is turned up to the 1 MILLION MINUTE setting and things begin to GO WRONG! Suddenly a LOUD SIREN shrills and THICK SMOKE BEGINS TO PLUME OUT OF THE BOX! As a last act of desperation, the Magician rips the lid off the box, all four sides fall displaying the BORROWED CELL PHONE BURNT TO A CRISP and dripping gooey melted black ick!! The phone is later found fully restored
in location of Magician’s Choice! ( Nested Boxes, Box above Audience etc.)

Please note that the jokes and humorous byplay has been omitted however you can see the impact this will have as the spectator sees his cell phone melted into a black gooey mess!

Created by Chance Wolf / Engineered by Chance Wolf & Ron Arthur
FEATURING: NON-PYRO Smoke! Legal to use in ANY VENUE / Sure Fire Smoke Ignition System / Ultra Fast Smoke Reset / Ultra Loud Siren / Ultra Bright Flashing LED's / Ratcheting “Power Dial” / Break Away Comedy Antenna / 10" Tall x 7" Wide x 7" Deep / Burnt Cell Phone / Can of Black Slime / Hardshell Case Included

email me at: magician@wolfsmagic.com to be added to the "Interested List"
Please visit our website for complete info http://www.wolfsmagic.com We will be posting the web page later tonight.

I will be here to answer questions as they may come.
Thanks and I hope this will be well worth the wait!
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
Here is a pic of the new effect!
Hi Chance

My pre-order is in.

WONDERFUL idea and an AMAZING looking prop as always

Congrats to all!

Cliff
Chance, I believe I read one time that you had two versions of this a one person and a two person(please correct me if I'm wrong) Which version is this? Looks unbelievable as usual-congrats on another one.
Dr. Rod
Dr. Rod,
I decided to go with the standard version ( two person ) but it can easily be performed by ONE PERSON depending on your re-production props.
The phone will secretly dump out of the gimmick lid with one hand and into whatever you plan to reproduce it in.
My other idea was far to complex and would have cost at least $1200 which I thought was a bit steep for the average buyer.

We hope to create a wacky new prop to re-produce the cell phone. Maybe a wild spin on the nest of boxes. We will see!!
Thanks for the kind words,
Chance
The "Cellulator" looks and sounds great! It all really makes sense... more so than the shoe... if you think about it. The thought of adding minutes is a great plot... and I love the break-away antenna! Including the case in the price is a plus! Probably the biggest plus over the shoe... is that it doesn't need ignitors and cotton... and will use a glow plug. Also, it will be more compact and easier to travel with than the shoe version. I can't wait to get mine... just in time for Christmas shows. Wish it could be ready by October 20 or so... for Halloween shows, though. Thanks, Chance, for another wonderful piece of wacky magic! This might possibly be your best yet!
Doug
My order is in! This looks awesome! Is it just me, or do Chance Wolf's products look better and better? This machine really looks like it's out of a spaceship. And the price seems incredibly low.....
...put the spectator's phone in the Cellulator, and ring the phone (make sure you get someone who knows their phone number.) The phone is heard ringing inside the Cellulator. The spectator confirms that's his ring tone. Then, the ringing is interrupted by a crackling noise, followed by a series of erratic ring tones and tunes played at varying speeds..... the effect continues as described.
This should be possible by calling the spectator's number (assuming you both have a signal at the venue). After the phone has rung a few times, you cancel the call and simultaneously start a sound generator inside the Cellulator. This could be as crude as a tape player strapped to the unit, or a more sophisticated remote device.
Anyone care to suggest some ideas/methods that might work with this?
In answer to my own post above, there's a trick called "Polly Learns a Card Trick" by Bruce Kalver. With the trick you receive a small, easily palmable Memo Recorder. With this unit you could: phone the spectator's cell phone and hear it ring inside the Cellulator. Next, you reach inside the Cellulator, to switch the phone off. First you turn on the memo recorder, which will record the next two rings and repeat them. During this time the phone is p****d out of the Cellulator, and the memo recorder made to play the sequence of weird sounding ringtones. You draw your hand sharply out of the box and slam it shut as it starts to smoke, etc.
Don't know if this handling would work yet, but I can't help getting excited about anyting new Chance puts out.
Hey Potty...want a JOB?!! :)
I always enjoy your thinking and ability to extend far past my original thoughts.
It would be a real treat to see your show and see some of my creations becoming your own in your creative way!
Great thinking as usual and if you are ever in the USA...ya got a job!
Chance
Hey Chance,

So You are not making the bigger version now?

Just checking before I order.

best
Wayne
Wayne,
I chose not to make a large shoe version for several reasons as follows.

The original Wiz Kote, as great as an effect as it is, had some drawbacks. It was a larger bulky prop which we wanted to avoid as we have enough bulky props already.
The Shoe was always a problem due to the load size limitation. You had to find just the right shoe and with todays monster shoes loaded with ultra thick treads it made it even harder.
I wanted to update the theme/plot and move the effect passed Children's shows allowing this fantastic effect to be performed for ADULT audiences which was my most important goal as it expands the sales market as well as the fun :)

Those are the main reasons for my choice. I do not plan to do a larger size due to the excessive R&D plus...it's been done already.
Thanks so much for the great support!
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
Hello this Michael Bairefoot. I gave the cellulator idea and direction for this illusion about a year ago. I told him eveyone uses a cell phone and it would pack a lot smaller. I should have the orginal emails on my other computer. He also suppose to be making an egg bag that has cell phone effects in it also. I thought the idea to use both together. I looked at the site and I did not see my name any where. He told me that he would give me the first one can't wait to get it. I will have to call him tomorrow. I hope eveyone likes it.

Michael Bairefoot
Michael,
You are absolutely right and I have been waiting for you to make a post as I could not remember your name!!! I figured you would chime in eventually! We talked over the phone and you never left me any personal info etc. or I would have given you credit immediately. I apologize for this but you have no idea how many people pitch ideas at me but yours was a great one. The rest of the work was immense but a great suggestion to use a cell phone.
You will be given credit on the website as well as the instructions for sure.
Your complimentary CELLULATOR will be coming your way as soon as they are complete.
Please email me all your shipping info etc so I can get you in the system.
The Cell Phone Bag may be something to have another company handle as we do not do Seaming work etc.
Thanks for the great suggestion.
Chance
Chance I knew that you were a man of his word! A true professional! I have kept it a secret on my end and I am glad that I did so that you would and could make this great prop. It looks awesome. I placed my reply on some of the other messages that you left hoping that you would see my reply. Thanks a again man. I owe you lot. I hope everyone else likes it too. By the way if any magician has an idea that he is scared to share with anyone Chance is your man. He will keep it a secret and help if he can. Thanks again.

Michael Bairefoot
Michael, you're one lucky chappie, but what a great idea. Congratualations on getting a COMPLIMENTARY Cellulator!
Hello, this is Steve Thomas. I think Chance has another winner with this!

Steve
I agree Steve. I like the idea of the cell phone rather than a shoe. I need to look into this a little further.

Regan
Chance, I'm delighted that you like my idea. I hope I can soon get a DVD of my Weasel routine. It's the most "rounded" of all my routines with your props, and lasts about 8-10 minutes. Though my "Ka-Blammo" routine, which is slowly grinding into gear, will be one of my top pirate routines I hope.....
....which brings me to an interesting point. Having bought most of Chance's products since Wolf's Magic began, I've discovered that although each effect comes with its own routine, inevitably I make loads of changes until the routine is uniquely mine. I've found it very possible, though not easy, to make most of his props fit a pirate theme. And it's taken a lot of time working with them, and getting new ideas. Once you have your own routine with a Wolf prop, you start to really wow the kids. Don't get me wrong, the routines are all just great exactly as described. But it's oh, so tempting to add bits and pieces.
What I like about so many of the products Chance makes, is that they can be used in many different ways. They're a cartoon canvas onto which you can paint any slapstick you like. What is the Cellulator? It's a really, really cool looking clackety-clacking gadgety thing which flashes, pours smoke, sounds an alarm, and generally provides the performer with a hilarious scenario.
What about borrowing the entire contents of someone's wallet (paper money I mean), and putting it into the Cellulator. Find a spectator with a particularly fat wallet......
And the Cellulator looks like the perfect prop to destroy the bill in bill to lemon. I prefer to burn the note when I can, but here's a venue-friendly device that will work like a dream, I think, to destroy pretty much anything you like.
I hope Chance makes a range of machines which destroy stuff. There is so much comedy to be played with on that theme. I need a BIG version of this for my parrot to get fried in....
There must be lots of other routines possible with this thing. The pre-release buzz is an ideal time for folks to come up with other original routines and ideas. So..............anyone?
Potty,
It is always great to read your posts. You are one of the most creative and positive members of the Magic Café...plus a great customer :) I love the way you think and how you approach topics in the Café! Keep it coming!
Chance,

I haven't heard anyone asking about the black slime, the smoke ignition system, or the smoke itself. How expensive will these be to use/maintain? How about clean-up? What about availability of the items?

Forgive me if I have missed something somewhere, but I am just finding out about this so I don't know much at this point.

Thanks.

Regan
Regan,
Great questions! Here ya go.

The Smoke Powder comes in a semi solid form packed into small 1/2" x 1" plastic tubes You scrape out a small portion, grind into a a powder form and simply drop it into the smoke pot and you are ready to go. Clearly, you can pre-grind the entire amount. It comes in a 10 Pack for $32.00. This is enough for literally hundreds of shows as it takes very little to get a LOT of smoke.

The Smoke Ignition System is the best part! We use a small Glow Plug which has been designed for a NO TOOL replacement so it may be done on the fly. You can purchase them in packs of 6 for $17.00 which will last you for MANY shows as well. This is the coolest easiest smoke ignition system I have ever seen. You will love it.
There is little to NO clean up. The smoke leaves no residue and the smoke powder residue pops right out of the smoke pot in a solid hunk. Couldn't have been better!

The Black Slime comes in a small plastic can and it is re-usable. Eventually it will evaporate as it is the same slimey goo that kids play with.

All these items are readily available and can be bought directly from us or you may purchase them from our source with the web links provided in the instruction sheets.
I hope this helps in your decision and thanks for bringing up some great questions,
Chance
Sounds very easy and a great improvement over the ignitors, powder, and cotton, Chance! Will any of the powder and/or slime come with the effect at purchase? You say we can order these direct from you, as well? You are da man!
Thanks for making a great effect available to us, Chance!
Doug
Doug,
Yes, the prop comes with a starter pack , smoke powder, glow plug, slime and even a real cell phone burnt to a crisp. You will be all set to go.
Later today, I will be sending an update to all the people on the reservation list providing them direct web links to these supplies so the may order them ahead of time before they get their CELLULATOR.
By the way, the Black Slime is an OPTION to use in performance. It supposed to represent dripping melted plastic and looks pretty darn cool. It CLEANS RIGHT UP as it oozes over anything but it sticks to nothing. You just pull it back up into a blob after the performance and toss it back into the can.
I have tried my best to make this prop as problem-free as possible from all aspects. I think you will appreciate the thought that went into it.
Thanks again,
Chance
Chance, thanks for the quick response!

How reliable is the glow plug ignition of the smoke powder? I assume it is battery powered, but does it require flash paper to assure ignition? I have had issues with smoke powder not wanting to light or stay lit, but from you desription it sounds as if this stuff might be different. I have never been a big fan of glow plugs either......:( Come on Chance, convince me!

Regan
Regan,
we tested the glow over 50 times and are still testing, after a while the shop gets too full of smoke :) and it NEVER FAILED once. There is no need for flash cotton or anything else. You must understand that this new smoke powder is a brand new creation by TheatreFX and is unlike anything else you have used.
I cannot, nor can anyone state 100% guaranteed ignition on anything but this is as close as I have ever seen as it simply has not failed us in the shop. If you are not a fan of Glow Plugs..then you must have REALLY hated the Alligator clip connected to the rocket ignitor covered with flash cotton planted into the pile of smoke powder method :)
Believe me, this kicks butt and I will assure you it will be copied by other manufacturers immediately. But that is OK...we like to give back to the magic builders community as well :)
Thanks
Chance
Thanks Chance. I must say, that sounds pretty convincing!

Regan
Ok so far so good. What is possible to let the cellphone reappear and how will you do it. In the end you have the burnded cellphone and than...
Another opinion is to usw it with a watch. I think this works also great.
Hey folks,
Before this thread goes any further, I must acknowledge all the people involved in this project.

First and foremost
Steve Hart. The originator of the Wiz Kote Machine which this effect has been based on with permission from Steve.

George Kimery of Chalet Magic as he engineered the original Wiz Kote to Steve's liking.

Michael Bairefoot for suggesting the use of a Cell Phone

Ron Arthur, my Brother-In-Law who Co-Engineered the Cellulator adding incredible input and innovation.

Ben Ulin for the FANTASTIC Finale ending which will be posted later today! Wait until you hear this!

With Routine ideas by: Ben Ulin, Arthur Atsma, Payne,Brian Cook & Eddie Medrano.

This project has been a real joy and could not have been done without the help from all the above!
Thanks so much guys!
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
Hey Folks,
I am happy to announce that Ben Ulin has created a FANTASTIC ending to the CELLULATOR routine!! I was so stoked to hear his idea as I was fumbling trying to create an ending. It packs SMALL, plays BIG, VERY MAGICAL and all CAN BE STORED IN THE CASE provided with the Cellulator!
The complete routine, set up and handling will be provided with the purchase of the CELLULATOR.

Basic Routine Finale: ( the patter is off the cuff. I am sure we all can come up with many gags along the way)
The spectator is left holding his burnt toasty cell phone as the Magi fumbles for a solution.
"You know, I do not handle failure to well. Maybe we can just make this little incident go away."
Take the burnt cell phone and vanish it using your favorite method or prop.
"Tell you what, how about I replace your burnt phone for the FIRST PHONE I ever had. The technology is a bit weak however it is guaranteed to work ( you pull out your "phone" from your table ) as long as you are less than 6 FEET from each other"
You display TWO VEGETABLE CANS with STRING TIED BETWEEN THEM! A few gags are spoken/performed as you each hold a can. SUDDENLY ONE OF THE CANS BEGINS TO RING IN A MUFFLED TONE! You hold your can up to your ear...
"I think it's for you!"
You hand your can to the spectator as he hears it ringing. You hand him a CAN OPENER...
"Maybe this will help."
The spectator opens the can and FINDS HIS CELL PHONE INSIDE IN PRISTINE CONDITION!

The prop used is the Viking Magic "Can O Corn" which is just BACK IN STOCK.
http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=55
I suggest you buy this from Viking Magic ASAP as I predict these will be out of stock soon if you folks like this idea as much as I do.
You can't beat this idea as the Stringed Cans concept is relevant to the initial Cellulator prop and the props can be purchased for less than $100 ( with the exception of the vanishing device)
Feel free to add any additional thoughts!

Thanks Ben!

Chance Wolf
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (Oct 7, 2007 01:53PM)
This item is already out of stock! (Can o Corn that is)

Still, what a great idea for an idea that is packed full of comedy and strong, strong magic. Wow!

jeff
WOW!! It was JUST POSTED as BACK IN STOCK just days ago!
hmmmm...seems very odd....real odd.
Contact George and see when it will be back in stock.
Otherwise, I believe Viking Magic wholesales this item to other dealers. Do a search and order from them! Maybe try Stevens Magic as a start!
http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=7778

Chance
There were actually 2 versions of this from Viking/CW, one was "Can It", the other was the "Can O'Corn". One is water-tight, and you could use the actual wet product in the can (provided you protect the watch/ring with a sealed plastic baggie) and do the reproduction in that manner. I prefer the dry can version. Much simpler, and less mess before and after the effect.

Steve
Looks like Viking Magic has an alternate version call Can O' Chips which may work as well. At least it would hold a longer type cell phone and still look wacky maintaining the magical effect.
Hey, its IN STOCK, a bit cheaper and will get you through the effect until he restocks Can O' Corn.
http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=1077
Chance
Chance I don't think that the Can O' Chips works, because the opening is to small to fit a cellphone inside. I think that you have the same problem with the normal Can O' Corn version. An other problem I see is when you have the cellphone turned on during the trick anybody can call on the phone. So if somebody knows the number I think they will definitly call. So when you just stole the cellphone from the cellulator secretly and the phone rings you are in trouble. Just my thoughts. Other comments??
Hey Markus,
Unless your using a Cell Phone from the 80's then there is no problem with them fitting into a standard vegetable can. There are some minor limitations regarding over-sized cell phones which are very rare these day and those can be easily "weeded out" at the beginning of the routine.
My personal cell phone will drop into a chip can no problem at all and it is not even that slim of a model.
You have a point about the phone ringing during the routine but you can control that as it will be explained in the instructions. I cannot give away the entire routine and methods in a public forum but these issues are handled within the instructions.
Thanks for the support and interest Markus
Chance
Yes Chance of course the phone will fit inside. But the methode for getting the phine inside is the main problem. Normally there is only a small opening to get the objects inside. You know what I mean??
To start the routine, it wold be funny to take away someones cell phone if it rings during performance.
For an easy ending, get a gift bag from the local cellular store with the logo on it. Have some toy cell phones and a giant one from the 70's or 80's.(with the big antenna. Bring out each one, offering to replace the phone with a new one. Can get a laugh each time. Finally pull out the original phone for an applause cue.

ACE
I'm wondering if a small tennis shoe from a toddler or a pre K kid will fit? Those are about the size of a cell phone...in other words, what are the dimensions of the area the phone will go?

ACE
A burnt wallet would be appealing, after failing to add more cash from the machine...sort of a futuristic ATM.
Markus,
Apparently the older model Collectors Workshop model would not work but I have been told the newer version can.
Remember, this is just an idea we are throwing out to help out but I am sure there will be handling issues. I am looking into other options as well and will post as soon as I can determine their validity.
A customer has suggested the Impossible Bill to Can by Paul Romhany. Does anybody know if this method will load a cell phone?

Ace,
Good question. Please note that this was specifically designed for small electronic devices not shoes and such. It will not withstand the compression of a shoe as well due to the magnetic catch on the lid. This was designed for a specific reason as well for a quick one handed dump of the cell phone.
The load chamber is 1" thick x 3 1/2" x 6"
As with the original Wiz Kote, you do have limitations but not bad at all. A simple pre-screening of the phones held up in the air (this is worked into the routine) and you will have a wide variety of phones that will easily fit. My phone is an older model and it fits no problem.

George,
Yes, a Wallet would work great! Good thinking about the ATM bit :)

I hope this helps,
Chance
Yes I think it would work with Paul Romanys method. I have the trick. I just have a look at it and let you know as soon as possible. I think on doing this cellulator with a watch.
It's not possible with his routine. I looked on the DVD. He also told about the Can O'Can from Collectors, but as far as I know the secret of this effect it's nearly impossible to get the phone inside the can. I think you would have angle problems to get it in, if you know what I mean.
I just work on an ending for the effect right now. I will let you know soon.
Hey Folks,
Could anybody who OWNS Can O' Corn please chime in and let us know if you can load a cell phone into the gimmick one way or another.
I have been told by a reliable source that it IS possible but let's verify this before we go any further.
Please remember, The Can String Phone ending is an UNTESTED IDEA. It was suggested to me last night and I thought I would share the possibility with you guys.
I am selling the CELLULATOR as in independent trick just as the original Wiz Kote and the retrieval is up to you. I am simply trying to help and find an economical solution for the ending. I am sure many of you have an ending in mind already.
Thanks for the help guys!
Chance
Looks like we have some possible good news.
A fellow Café member posted the following:
"Out of curiousity I just put my cell phone in the can-it gimmick it worked fine. I have a flip phone that's still pretty tall,(approx 4 inches) so I would imagine that it would depend on the phone, but it worked, even with a little bit of room still left so if you wanted to load a cell phone even with corn inside."

I hope we can get more testing done from others on both the "Can O' Corn" gimmick as well as "Can-It". It seems, at this time, that the "Can-It" gimmick is the contender so far and NOT the "Can O Corn" as I suggested in my emails to my customers.
If all goes well then I think we can safely assume it will work for the routine!
Thanks
Chance
Great news that it fits inside the gimmick. Now it must be only avaible.
Hey Chance!

I just thought of a simple solution to make sure that the borrowed cell phone does NOT ring during the act......

TURN THE PHONE OFF WHEN YOU BORROW IT!

That way not even someone with their cell phone # can NOT make it ring during the routine.

=Frank=
Yes but when you turn the cellphone of you can not let it ring inside the can ;)
Markus,
The handling of the ringing is covered in the routine instructions. It is all covered very well and not too difficult at all. I am sorry but I do not want to give away every working aspect of this routine/prop in a public forum. I will be glad to email customers who are on the interested list and let them know specific solutions.
I hope you understand as some of the ideas are part of the investment/secret.
Thanks!
Chance
Yes I total understand that. I'm also on the intrested list for you product and defenitly want one.
He he, I came up with the "Can O corn" idea, exactly the same. And here's how you prevent the phone ringing too early:
Once you've put the phone in the Cellulator, you ask the spectator for his phone number, and you ring it. The cellphone starts to ring inside the Cellulator. You now reach into the unit, where you have a slim memo recorder. I haven't checked them out yet, but I'm sure I've seen one like a credit card that would be perfect. You immediately start it recording - and let it record the next two rings. Next, you ANSWER the phone call on the spectator's cellphone, and simultaneously start the memo recorder playback. After two more rings, you start the pre-recorded sequence of strangled ringtones, p**m out the phone, and immediately draw your hand sharply out of the box and slam the lid shut.
The cellphone is now ENGAGED, connected to your own phone. It can't ring, but when you want it to ring, simply end the call on your phone, and press redial. Nearly all modern cellphones will revert to "on" if a call is cancelled by the caller, so this should work with most cellphones. It would be important to test this out with as many phones as possible, just to be sure it always works.
What a great routine this is going to be. I predict Chance will be SOLD OUT of this before he finishes production!
BTW, I tried to get "Can O Corn" earlier this year, it's a tough item to find. I do have "Can O Chips" though, which loads pretty much exactly the same, and there's no problem at all getting the phone inside. The main problem is likely to be the phone talking as it goes in; so in some ways I prefer the wet version, where the phone must be in a ziplok bag (tricky). This way, you could load it silently, but must first get that phone into the bag. Also, spec might not appreciate his phone being stuck in a mess of beans, even if it is in a sealed bag. So really, the dry version is the only sensible course to take unless you like to work a lot harder than you need.
There is also a small issue of the string between the cans. As the overall plot is now to produce a phone from a sealed can, there is a problem if the can has been drilled with a small hole, and a string pushed through. HOW? Rather tell the audience this is a DIY PHONE KIT, and take out two vegetable tins and a length of string. Use magician's choice to have the OTHER can selected, opened, emptied, and you start to try to make a hole in the bottom of the can. That's when the phone rings inside the other can. Should be easily done, you need to reach for something to make the hole, that's when you end the call on your phone and start the next call....
Um...Potty...hate to tell ya, but I think the first run was already sold out.

Steve
Hi Potty,
Great thinking as usual! Payne has actually come up with a much easier, NON GIMMICK, way of making their phone ring. I cannot give it away as it is part of our routine etc. but it is great!
The string on the cans is NO PROBLEM...small rare earth magnets glued at the end of each string. Remember this is comedy and I really don't think ANYONE will analyze the string attachment method.
Keep ANY and ALL ideas coming.

Remember my own personal philosophy...
"There is never a BAD idea...just a bunch of UNUSED ones!"

I am sure the Café members will pick and choose ideas that fir their taste as they are posted.
By the way, the FIRST RUN of 50 UNITS SOLD OUT within 2 days!!!
We increased the run in midstream and will try our best to fill all orders between the dates of Oct 22 thru Nov 5

Thanks so much for the FANTASTIC support guys and gals!
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
I certaintly want one. I'm still brainstornming about the routine, and I still have some uncertainties. Of course having the Cellulator in my hands would probably help the creative process. I usually try to have a routine mostly bulletproof (at least in my mind) before I purchase magic equipment anymore. I was thinking about this (and other things) last night, and it was difficult to clear my mind. So much so that I couldn't even sleep!

Regan
To tie the string to the can, don't punch a hole in it. Tape it on or use a magnet in the end of a string to stick to the can. If a magnet will not stick to the can, use tape.

ACE
50 units two days! You are the man!

Bairefoot
I personally am not enamoured with the idea of taping the string to the can or using a magnet. The purist in me knows that the "Can phone" only works when you make a hole and pass the string through it. This is what causes the resonance, and I think a lot of schoolkids must know that. A strong magnet could actually work, but not nearly as efficiently. My idea would be to take out the two cans and the string.....and everyone will immediately know what's in your mind! Of course, both methods would be fine, I just like the idea that the can is perceived to be untampered with.
I also came up with a method whereby your own phone could appear in a sealed bag in the full can of beans; or just have it appear inside another empty can, or there's "Can-It", which is readily available, but apparently not as well made. With this handling, you can tell the spec you will call him on his new "Can phone", only to have the phone start ringing inside his can. YOu BOTH open your cans, remove your respective phones, and spec confirms that your phone is connected to his.
The possibilities for this unit are endless! My main concern now is the handling of the "tricky" bit - the p*****g out of the phone and l*****g of the can. That will depend on Chance's design, but it's not a big worry. Most phones are now smaller than a playing card.
Another way to play this would be as an "audio enhanced" routine, with instructions on a CD, or even written instructions which another spectator could read out.
Yes Potty the Pirate, I like your ideo of a "Do it yourself Can phone". But I think when you use the Can It gimmick its not possible to pull so hard on the can phone ;)
I like the idea to give the spectator some present or so before the trick. He can hear something inside and after distroying his phone he finds it in that present.
Kerry Kistler had a great audio enchanced routine for the Dyna Kote (Wize Kote). Someone should get with Kerry and make a professional CD. There could be versions for the shoe, and now thanks to Chance, cell phones, iPods, wallets, etc, etc.

Regan
It is rare that an idea comes along that is incredibly magical as well as a plot that is so perfectly matched to an existing routine.
No effect or method is perfect and requires some audience/spectator control as well as prop control.
In the case of the String Cans concept, I believe the magnetic or taped string is easily handled by simply keeping slack in the string. No big deal as it would be very easy to maintain the slack. I think there is no need to prove the cans work. Just get the visual gag across and follow the handling as described in the routine and it will go very well.
Once again, I am sorry I cannot post every detail of the handling but this is all covered in the Instructions. Remember, folks are buying the handling, routine and performance tips as well as the prop.
If you work with an assistant, then the unload and load is clearly easy as you just pass off the prop and lid to your assistant and all the dirty work is done offstage,
If you are working alone,you will need some type of Suitcase Table to cover the dirty work which is done in phases. The dumping of the phone has been modified to a ONE HANDED dump. I cover the handling in the instructions as well.
I hope this helps,
Thanks
Chance
Thanks Chance. That did help me. With that post you answered some questions that will help me determine how I routine this. There were a couple of areas I was uncertain about but I think that clears it up.

As far as the can concept goes, I like the idea but I don't like having to put someones cell phone in with corn, or even greasy chips or nuts. The phone would have to be ziplocked which would pose another problem. If you were to use an empty can it seems that would defeat the purpose of having a 'sealed' can. As far as using a string, I don't think magnets would be a problem, but I do see a problem with loading a phone in a ziplock and then into a can. (Unless you work with an assistant, of course).

OK, now where I put that thinking cap???

Regan
Hey folks,
I need to be clear here.
IF and I say IF the Can-It gimmick is CONFIRMED TO WORK (which one Café member loaded a cell phone in with ease) then please note
I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING ANY LIQUID OR CREAM CORN...or whatever!!!
I think it is a ridiculous idea to have someone's valuables bathing in a creamy ick!
It is NOT NEEDED and does not diminish the effect. Plus it would slow down the loading process as you would have to get it into the plastic bag first.
Hope this helps
Chance
Regan -

I don't have this "object in sealed can" trick, and am not going to bother at trying to create a method (I have an idea how it could work, I just don't think it's right to make it yourself just because you can figure it out).

A person can get sealed cans that are empty. I've seen empty cans before in grocery stores, canneries, etc. I've also seen sealed cans that had stuffed animals inside, etc.

So a revelation in a sealed empty can is a possibility, even if it has a label on it. No other liquid / solid contents are necessary.

- Donald
"Yes, that's right folks, bear witness to the IMPOSSIBLE: The once burned, cellulated and destroyed phone is miraculously restored, having then travelled invisibly into this ordinary can of CREAMED CORN!!!!! Here's a courtesy towel friend! Careful not to slip on the speed dial. Lets all give our volunteer a big round of applause!"

Now that's a comedy bit. LOL!
[quote]
On 2007-10-09 17:37, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Regan -

I don't have this "object in sealed can" trick, and am not going to bother at trying to create a method (I have an idea how it could work, I just don't think it's right to make it yourself just because you can figure it out).

A person can get sealed cans that are empty. I've seen empty cans before in grocery stores, canneries, etc. I've also seen sealed cans that had stuffed animals inside, etc.

So a revelation in a sealed empty can is a possibility, even if it has a label on it. No other liquid / solid contents are necessary.

- Donald
[/quote]

Donald, I don't have the any of the can tricks either. I am not even sure of which ones or if any of them will work with this application. I have an idea I am working on for myself that will hopefully work out. I am pretty excited about it, but I still have lot's of issues and testing to do.

I just don't think I'd feel comfortable using a sealed, empty can. Maybe that's just me, but it's how I feel. If it were something like a stuffed animal that would do no harm to a cell phone then that might work, but still might seem a little weird. I'd prefer something that is more commonly found in cans. I've not seen the canned stuffed animals, but if they are "stuffed" in there it might be difficult or impossible to load the phone.

I guess what it boils down to, for me anyway, is that I think using an empty can would take away from the sealed part of the trick. I had thought about using the old can-to-can phone in the routine I was working on before Chance even mentioned it. However, I had not thought about using it in conjunction with the "Can It" or similar styled 'sealed' tricks. I was planning on using it as a diversion and comedy bit, and maybe switching/producing the phone with the cans. I still may do it this way, but the sealed part intrigues me.
[quote]
On 2007-10-09 01:02, Potty the Pirate wrote:
I personally am not enamoured with the idea of taping the string to the can or using a magnet. The purist in me knows that the "Can phone" only works when you make a hole and pass the string through it. This is what causes the resonance, and I think a lot of schoolkids must know that. A strong magnet could actually work, but not nearly as efficiently. My idea would be to take out the two cans and the string.....and everyone will immediately know what's in your mind! Of course, both methods would be fine, I just like the idea that the can is perceived to be untampered with.
will
[/quote]

But for the can to actually work to talk into, they have to be open. So that blows the whole sealed can idea. My method of magets or invisible tape could not be seen on stage, and would just give the idea you want to get across: the phone can we played with as kids. And my method was so you did not have to ruin the special can, if indeed it can be ruined. Just take 2 cans out taped or magneted together, and the the idea is perceived by the audience. Then finish however you want.

ACE
Ace, that would work just fine, but also I think showing the audience two cans and a length of string IMPLIES what you're going to do - make a "can phone" - without the need for the string to run between the cans already. It's just that, as you said, the cans have to be opened, and a hole drilled through the bottom for the can phone to work. So if you take out a ready made "can phone", the audience will assume that the cans are most definitely NOT sealed.
If you then go on to claim that the cans ARE sealed, my perception is that it all seems rather fishy.
That's why I'd prefer to open the one can, and dump out the beans inside, to ge tthe visuals of the icky contents of the can; then haved the spectator open the other can, which contains no beans, but his phone. Imagine someone seeing their phone smothered with baked beans or whatever.....even if it's in a Ziplok bag, they're likely to be rather p****d. The "wet" version is a lovely concept, but you have to be careful!
Of course, it's horses for courses. I think the comedy to be garnered from starting to MAKE a can phone would be much funnier than just pulling one out "ready made" - except it's not ready made, because the cans are still sealed. Yes, for me, that's a major incongruency; but in all honesty, these are minor details that can be ironed out simply once we have the Cellulator to practise with.
Good idea, maybe make the can phone and actually give it to the spectator. Actually talk on it. Or make a set, then pull out more cans, having the one with the phone in it. I guess the possibilities are endless. I don't think I'm going to go with the can ending, but rather the ending with a bag of phones with a cellular company logo on it, and pull out old time funny phones until I get to their phone. More like the shoe ending. I even have a water squirting phone, that might be fun.

ACE
I've always done the shoe ending the same way ACE does, with a bunch of comedy shoes from a 2" tennis shoe to a 5" high woman's heel and plastic, sparkly "Barbie" shoe...and lots more.

For the cans, I was thinking of having one can actually attached to the string (some really THICK, VISUAL string, maybe even some of the brightly colored neon-type cord I have around here), and the other not attached (the Can O'Corn) in a box that says "do it yourself cellphone".

Steve
Just another thought on the string between the cans. You can say that you have even updated the old can phone and put an acutual phone cord (the curly one between the base and the handset" between the cans.
Yeah, I was considering that also Tim. I may try to pass it off as a modern day, high-tech version of the can phone that I used to use when I was a kid.
What about appearing the phone in a "Phoney Hospital" (some sort of appearance box painted red with a black + on the sides? Or maybe check the "Phoney Hospital" where there are a bunch of old wall phones that don't work, and then bring out the "Do It Yourself Cellphone" kit with the can gags. . .
Hey Regan you say you Thought this, considering this, why don't you share some of these ideas before everyones says them. It could save us a lot of time. My question for everyone here is how are you going to make the burned phone turn into their phone? Thanks

Bairefoot
Hey Steve, yes I do now remember you telling me about the Shoe ending for your Wiz Kote. I don't have a Wiz Kote, so I've never performed it. But I've also seen the presentation in print by others using a version of that same ending, pulling out a clown shoe, etc. The same ending is also described in the description for the OOPS machine effect, a home made Wiz Kote effect.
I think it would be an easy and funny ending to the cellulator also.
Anyway, I'm sure everyone will come up with their own great ending. Even using variations of all these ideas, with each personality doing it, everyone can make a personalized ending to fit their own style.

ACE
Another individual even suggested getting (well, I still have the original one!) one of the old, 1980s original Motorola "brick" cellphones and gutting it, and having the phone reappear inside there.

ACE, I do remember your wonderful encounter with ALMOST getting a Wiz Kote from Chalet. Too bad that never happened for ya...but good you finally got your money back from George, too!

Steve
What about the old slapstick ringing banana or ringing shoe gags? Does anyone know where to get one of those "ringer" machines? There are sound effects of phone rings you can activate RC (try tjwisemen.com), but if I remember, there was actually a gizmo which could force a cell to ring . .. Anyone know it?
On Sale now. First come first ship basis!

Brad
Yea, I missed getting the Wiz Kote. I almost got burned on that one, but that's another story. I've been waiting years for Wolf's. I signed up for my cellulator, but I really wanted to do the shoe thing, and am looking into the "dirt eradicator" from Farichild.

ACE
Hey ACE,

Where can I get info on that "dirt eradicator"?
Hadn't heard about this one.

Thanks,

Brad
Does anyone know if "Can-tastic" (Sam Lane) will hold a 'standard size' cell phone?
Brad I PM'ed you about that Dirt Eradicator.
And do a search in the Café on it, there is another topic on it.
It's a shoe cleaner that blows smoke and bubbles.

ACE
I'm wondering if Cahnce is going to email the ones who prepaid and let them know if they were the lucky ones to get in on the first run?

ACE
Yes I think so. You definitly get a mail, when they ship out your prop. Acecardician, when have you ordered yours?

markus
Hey Chance. Which type of smoke cartridges do you recommend.....the 45 secodn......90 second.....or 8 minute? (Hehehe) From your email I assume you are suggesting the 90 second, but I wanted to be certain. Also, I am a little confused about the cartridges. I remembering you mentioned scraping off some powder, but if done in this manner, don't you need slow cotton?

What about the slime? Will it last indefinitely? Where can you get replacement black slime?

Regan
Regan,
Yes I recommend the 90 second cartridges as stated in my email.
The smoke powder does NOT need flash cotton or anything else as I stated earlier.
It comes compacted in small plastic cartridges which are open at one end. You simply scrape out a small pile about the size of a dime, chop or crush it to a powder and dump it into the flash pot and you are ready to go.
Of course I recommend to empty and grind the entire contents of a cartridge so you are`ready to go for many shows.
Do NOT let the 90 Second time FOOL YOU. The smoke lasts longer in small quantities but is a bit too hard to explain so just trust me on this. Once you have it in hand you will understand.
The Slime has a shelf life as well, as I stated in an earlier post. You will be provided a web link for replacement Slime in the instructions.
Thanks a bunch,
Chance
Stop yakkin' and start shippin'...heh heh heh....

Steve (Captain Impatient) Thomas
[quote]
On 2007-10-12 06:31, magic-markus wrote:
Yes I think so. You definitly get a mail, when they ship out your prop. Acecardician, when have you ordered yours?

markus
[/quote]

I made my paypal payment On 10/10. I know he said first shipments will go out on or about the 22nd. I have not heard anything yet, no emails... So I have 10 more days holding my breath, waiting, wondering...just wondering if I made it in time to get one of the first batch, or if he sold out. I'm in limbo. I'll send an email direct to Chance, as I have a different name than here.

ACE
Got a pm from Chance, yes I'm on the list for the first run!

Now the wait...

ACE
I'm very happy for ya! I know how much you love the ole Wolf stuff! Hope to see you this summer sometime!

Steve
[quote]
On 2007-10-12 10:39, Chance Wolf wrote:
Regan,
Yes I recommend the 90 second cartridges as stated in my email.
The smoke powder does NOT need flash cotton or anything else as I stated earlier.
It comes compacted in small plastic cartridges which are open at one end. You simply scrape out a small pile about the size of a dime, chop or crush it to a powder and dump it into the flash pot and you are ready to go.
Of course I recommend to empty and grind the entire contents of a cartridge so you are`ready to go for many shows.
Do NOT let the 90 Second time FOOL YOU. The smoke lasts longer in small quantities but is a bit too hard to explain so just trust me on this. Once you have it in hand you will understand.
The Slime has a shelf life as well, as I stated in an earlier post. You will be provided a web link for replacement Slime in the instructions.
Thanks a bunch,
Chance
[/quote]

Thank you Mr. Wolf!!!! I'll try to wait until I get mine to ask any more questions.

Ace, congratulations for being on the next run. I hope I won't be far behind you???
I work alone so how easy will it be to get the phone and load it for example into a nest of boxes? Will I have to hide the lid behind my table and disappear from view for a few seconds or can the phone be loaded casually while the smoke and sirens are still going on while I hold the lid?
Steve
Hey folks,
Just a quick note. We recently updated our checkout system. We now use the Paypal checkout system as most of you have discovered.
Your Paypal payment confirmation is your "receipt".
We have received all your orders but have decided to send a personal confirmation this weekend as well as all future orders.
If any of you are nervous about using Paypal or simply do not like the company, feel free TO CALL YOUR ORDER IN and we will take care of you.

Steve,
The load/unload principle is no different than any other effect of this kind. My innovations to this effect are many but I do have limitations.
I did make it a bit easier as you can unload the phone using only ONE HAND. You will see how this works once it is in hand.
Otherwise it has the same limitations as any other effect of its nature.
You will need cover of some type no matter what you do so yes, you will need a table to do the dirty work behind.
I hope this helps,
Chance
My order is in and I am looking forward to getting this item
Steve
Chance,

Do we have to call you to add the Somke, Glow plugs, and slime to the order?

Thanks,
Mike
I am not sure if I posted this before but here ya go.
If would like to get a jump on performing your new CELLULATOR by supplying you two links for products relative to the prop.

The following link is our supplier for the NON-PYRO Smoke Powder. I advise you to purchase the CS103 - White - 90 Seconds - 10 Pack - $32.00. This package gives you the most product for the money. This will be enough powder to last for HUNDREDS of shows.

http://www.theatrefx.com/store/commerce.cgi?product=smoke_powder_and_related

The following link is our supplier for the Glow-Plugs which activate the smoke powder. I advise you purchase the 6 Pack. We have designed the CELLULATOR to allow the Glow Plugs to be easily replaced using NO TOOLS! You will love the set up. Each Glow Plug will last for many many shows. Our proto type plug has not given up yet after countless tests.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJA89

I will have to look up the SLIME link as it is not on hand at this time.

You are supplied with a starter kit of Smoke Powder and a Glow Plug but I recommend to order these items as soon as you can so you will be ready for the upcoming year of bookings. These links will also be provided in the Instruction Sheets.

Thanks for the great support!
Chance
Slime can be purchased at most any toy or discount store like WalMart. Toy department...

Steve
Chance,

Just ordered a Cellulator and I am happy their is no writing on it. So I can call it a Cellulator for cell phones, or a Millionater that an instant ATM machine, or for kids a Videonator that will download every single video game on the market. The possibilities are endless.

Thanks again,
Mike
What are some other thoughts on making the phone appear if working by yourself?
Steve
[quote]
On 2007-10-13 16:04, Chance Wolf wrote:
Hey folks,
Just a quick note. We recently updated our checkout system. We now use the Paypal checkout system as most of you have discovered.
Your Paypal payment confirmation is your "receipt".
We have received all your orders but have decided to send a personal confirmation this weekend as well as all future orders.
[/quote]

Chance,

I was wondering if you did send out the personal confirmations. I didn't get one, so I am getting a little worried.

Regan
Regan,
Your purchase is on record and you will be on the first to ship list from the first run.
No need to worry.
Thanks for the support,
Chance
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (Oct 17, 2007 11:31AM)
Thanks for the update Chance...I was wondering the same thing as I hadn't received a personal confirmation but do have the paypal confirmation. Hopefully this is all that I need and next week mine will go out as well.

jeff
[quote]
On 2007-10-16 11:48, Chance Wolf wrote:
Regan,
Your purchase is on record and you will be on the first to ship list from the first run.
No need to worry.
Thanks for the support,
Chance
[/quote]

Yeeeesssss!!!

Chance, you are most welcome, and thank you for being such a great person to deal with!

Regan
Chance is the shipping date still the 22nd?

Steve
Steve and folks,
Our shipping date for the Cellulators may be bumped by one or two days at the most. Not bad considering the HUGE task of completing this effect and the size of the initial run!
If I decide to be ambitious, and have the energy, I will go into the shop this weekend and complete the installation of the foam in the 50 Cases. This will put the shipping date for the 23rd. Please note the shipping will take at least 2 days to get every package shipped.
We ship Fed Ex Ground so you will all be provided a tracking number within 24-48 hours of the shipping date.
Overall, the first run has been a great experience and a great final product. I am very happy with the production results and time frame.
Thanks for the great support,
Chance
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (Oct 19, 2007 09:55PM)
I'm certain that the wait will be well worth it...thanks for finally getting this effect out to the magic community!

I wonder what Mr. Wolf will have up his sleeve next...hmmm?
Oh! I forgot to mention!
With the help of my wife Shelley, Payne, Oscar Munoz and myself we have come up with a pretty cool ending to the Cellualtor routine.
I cannot get into specifics until I finish the proto type however it is a "Nested" effect and it does include the Stringed Cans Phone bit and some great magic. It does NOT require the use of a gimmick can (ala "Can-It" or "Can-O-Corn")
We will be selling it as a complete unit and it can be used with ANY other vanishing Cell-Phone bit you may perform as you do NOT need the Cellulator for this finale effect.
I have no set price yet and will post more info as the concept evolves.
Thanks
Chance
Cellulator update!

All the Cellulators, from the first run, are BOXED and READY TO SHIP! Not bad being one day late considering we could only give our best guess as to when they would be complete!
We will begin shipping Tuesday, Oct 23rd. All orders that have been PAID in full will ship.
You will receive your Fed Ex tracking number within 24-48 hours of shipping.
Please do not post here in the Café if your order has shipped as I do not process the orders and cannot keep track of that many customers. If you piad...you will play :)
Thanks so much for the fantastic support!
Chance
Can't wait!!! Looking forward to this one Chance!
Thanks!
RC
Ditto!
Well...according to the FedEx tracking...mine should be here Saturday. Make for a great weekend, since fellow Café member Clownboy will be here, too!

Steve
Steve, when did you get a email with the details? I am getting ready to leave town and I'd like to know when mine should arrive, but I have not been notified. I wonder if the package has to be signed for?

Regan
Regan and others,
The Fed Ex Tracking number is an automatic response letter sent by Fed Ex. We can only assume they are sent as we cannot verify the action.
If you did NOT get a Fed Ex tracking number, please email me and I will look it up and send the info to you right away.
Thanks a bunch guys!
Chance
Regan,

If you're going to be away I won't mind coming by your place and "picking" it up for you!!!! Just give me you address.......Seriously mine is on its way, according to USPS. Can't wait.

John
[quote]
On 2007-10-25 09:27, John1964 wrote:
Regan,

If you're going to be away I won't mind coming by your place and "picking" it up for you!!!! Just give me you address.......Seriously mine is on its way, according to USPS. Can't wait.

John
[/quote]

Hahaha....that's exactly what I afraid might happen. I don't want it to be left on the porch, so I need to make arrangements for someone to pick it up for me. If Fed Ex requires a signature it will be more difficult to arrange. I'll make sure to leave a note and them not to let anyone named John sign for it!

:)

Regan
Hey Folks,
Due to the value of this prop, Fed Ex REQUIRES a signature. If you are not at home/office, they will leave a delivery notice with the option to sign for a package release. Simply sign the slip, hang it back on your door for the following days delivery attempt. They will leave the package at your door at at the neighbors if you choose.
You may also take the notice to Fed Ex and pick it up at the end of the same day they made the delivery attempt.
You will find there are plenty of options once you have the delivery notice.
For the record, we choose Fed Ex Ground for several reasons which are all in yours and our best interests.
Nearly 1/3 the price of USPS
The package is handled with MUCH greater care than USPS and we have NEVER had a damaged or lost package.
THE MOST Reliable tracking system available.
On the RARE occasion that a package is damaged or lost, the Insurance system is unmatched and hassle free! Try making a USPS claim...what a joke!

I hope this helps.
Thanks for the support!
Chance
OK Regan....Fine....sheshhhh. You try to help a guy out and.... :)Hope you're not gone too long and can get home to enjoy your new prop!

All the best,

John
I'm so jealous of you guys. Maybe after X-mas I'll see if Chance has any available. I know I'm taking a chance, but too many bills coming in. Looking forward to hearing stories....and living vicariously.....

Ken
[quote]
On 2007-10-25 11:49, John1964 wrote:
OK Regan....Fine....sheshhhh. You try to help a guy out and.... :)Hope you're not gone too long and can get home to enjoy your new prop!

All the best,

John
[/quote]

Thanks, John. I found out when mine is coming so don't try anything. I will have guards posted! (They aren't authorized to sign for the package either, but they will hog-tie the Fed Ex driver until I get home! :)

Regan
I just got it!!!! GREAT Product Chance and Shelley!!!!
The smoke rig is EASY to use!!! The case is perfect. The siren and lights are a great touch and I am going to have fun with this one!!! Keep making them and I will keep buying them. Instructions are an easy read and pretty funny. Payne's routine is GOOD. Can't say enough. Thank you.
RC
Rogue...I now officially hate you. Sorry. Putting a contract out on you, as well.

Steve
GOT MINE! I was sleeping late, but I put a note on the door with my signature for the Fed X. When I got up, it was there. Now I have to go do a gig , and I'm going to be late, looking at this new prop.

ACE
What method does anyone use to hide this from their spouce? Mine had to work today, So I brought it in and put it in my magic room behind some unpacked boxes.

I'll show it to her after I perfected it and say I've had this for a while. Which might be so.

ACE
I meant spouse!

ACE
Im still keen for Chance to add more photos
of it to His website.
Got my today! Wow! It far exceeded my expectations! Very cute! Every little detail has been well thought-out. The case is very nice... with a little accessory copartment at the bottom. The unit itself is very well made (not surprising). The LED lights are cool... and the 3 way toggle switch is a nice addition. Love the glow plug. So simple to set up... and no need for cotton and ignitors. The peep hole on the back was a nice addition, as well. The antenna will get some great response. I love my Wiz Kote shoe routine... but it will be so much fun to add this baby to the show. Another masterful product, Chance... and sure to be a winner! Thanks for helping us all look good!
Doug
I can't wait to get mine. I will recieve it end of next week. I also wait for more photos on the wolfsmagic site. Maybe somebody can send me some more photos of their cellulator?
Thanks Markus
Ace,

If you don't pack up your Celluator right now and send it to ME...I'm going to tell your spouse where you hid it!!!! I tried to get Regan's and that didn't work so now I'm going after yours.

All the best, (still waiting for mine to arrive)

John
John: like the check is in the mail, it's in the mail to you!
by the way, I had 2 rottweilers at my front door guarding mine this morning until I awoke. I'll probable come clean tonight with my spouse, after I have a chance to practice it, I'll use her phone. I know she saw the note I left on the door this morning, and I'm waiting for her to ask me what I got.
Can't wait to add it to my show. I just have to decide what ending to use.
It's compact enough to carry easily, yet looks like it will play big. I hope to get lots of use out of it. Now I have to decide what to cut from the act.

ACE
Ace,

Hope you get lots of great reactions from it. Looking forwards to getting mine. My wife knows it's coming. So unlike you who has to cut something from the act....I wonder what's going to get cut from ME!!!!Stay in touch, let me know how it works out in your show.

All the best,

John
Got mine about 1 p.m. today. I was on the phone booking a show, so my wife actually met the FedEx man in the driveway (to prevent him from being eaten by my dog!) and carried my Cellulator into the house! Now I can blame her!

By the way, ACE...I know your wife, and I'll tell her it's there if you don't!

This Cellulator is wonderful! Wow...those Wolves have outdone themselves this time. About all the details are well thought out. Nice! Can't wait. I think it'll be in the Halloween shows!

Steve
Hey Steve,

Just looked at your profile and see you're a "Dangerous Goods Specialist for FedEx". If Ace's wife finds out about his purchase, the Cellulator may become dangerous goods....you may want to help him!!!!
Still (im)patiently waiting. Tracking says it's at the Canadian customs for clearance. I'm sure they're playing with it.

All the best,

John
The more I look at it the more I like it. You'll be very happy with the case, too!

Steve
Steve, do you really think you can get your routine ready for Hallowe'en? I'm expecting to spend several months thrashing out the "perfect" presentation of this....your post is making me excited that maybe I can add it to some of my Christmas shows this year!
Can't you tell, we all want more info while we wait for the International delivery to come!
Mine came yesterday. But, no one was home. I should get it soon. I hope fedx runs on Monday.

Bairefoot
I think a lot of the same gags and routine as the Wiz Kote would apply, except for the "PITCH" delivery. I was being faceious about using it this WEDNESDAY! I could always perform it and just keep the cellphone...since I don't currently (and haven't scripted/rehearsed) have a way to reproduce the phone. Seems like that could be an important part of the whole routine, ya think?

Steve
I was thinking of performing The cellulator in my Summer Camp shows. I do about 100 of them. The kids are 4-8. I'm just wondering if they are allowed to have their phones with them. Maybe the teenage councilors will have their phones with them. If not I can plant one. The reaction will not be as great from the "victim" but I can always coach them ahead of time. I do that with the arm chopper. I usually find out who the "bully" is and use them. I have them scream. And everyone loves it. I might use The Cellulator in place of the arm chopper.

An easy ending might be do dump the real phone into a change bag. After you give the "victim" their burnt phone, pull out the change bag. I just got The Bigger Wands at the SAM convention. Have the "victim" put the burnt phone into the bag, and wave all the wands over the bag until you restore it.

ACE
How about lost, destroyed and restored Christmas tree ornaments for holiday shows? Will they fit? Easy to reproduce later . . . Has anyone solved the black slime issue? I found it by the dozen (little cannisters) at Rhode Island Novelties . . .
If the ornament was flat. The compartment is about 1" high and 6X3. And if what you used was red, you could use red slime. A cut out ornament of Santa? And have him burnt up from the chimney? Now the evil is lurking...hahaha

ACE
I work for FedEx Ground and can help most of you on the delivery aspects.
To those who know their tracking #, go to the FedEx website and download a release form if you want it left at your home. This will excuse any liability of the driver and just ask him to sit it in a safe place. If he attempts a delivery and your not home he will leave behind a door sticker that you can sign for the next attempt.

Most of these drivers go home with their trucks when they live far from the terminal.
You most likely will not be able to pick these up the same night as the attempt. But if you call the terminal you can have them hold it back for the next day and you could pick it up there.

Hope that Helps!

Brad
Oh, YES! I did receive mine Saturday but didn't get to hold it until Sunday. (That just killed me!)ha

Steve Thomas was kind enough though to let me play with his while I was down visiting. The Cellulator is a work of Art Chance!
Steve also showed me his OutHouse and some of the other Wolf items he has that I don't. Oh, some guy's have all the luck! But I am still enjoying the Wacky Side Table!hehe

(Sorry about all that drool Steve! If you just let it dry it will flake off later!)

Brad
Gee, thanks again, BUDDY!

Steve
[quote]
On 2007-10-29 09:17, Clownboy wrote:
I work for FedEx Ground and can help most of you on the delivery aspects.
To those who know their tracking #, go to the FedEx website and download a release form if you want it left at your home. This will excuse any liability of the driver and just ask him to sit it in a safe place. If he attempts a delivery and your not home he will leave behind a door sticker that you can sign for the next attempt.

Most of these drivers go home with their trucks when they live far from the terminal.
You most likely will not be able to pick these up the same night as the attempt. But if you call the terminal you can have them hold it back for the next day and you could pick it up there.

Hope that Helps!

Brad
[/quote]

Thanks, very helpful info. I can use it next time.
This time:
I made my own release form. I printed and signed my name and address on a piece of paper and asked them to leave it by the door. I Always have the strange coincidence of the delivery guys coming the second I leave, go out back or go to the bathroom, and always miss them. So I put the note out the night before I knew it was to arrive. And they accepted it. I remember one time chasing the truck down the hightway a few miles until it stopped(it was the other company with brown trucks(lol).

ACE
...got mine.....brilliant....no more time for details....must mess around with it NOW!!!
Make sure to get the extra pot and glow plugs!!!!
I have not used mine up, but I know that I will need them eventually.
RC
I love it!!!!
Cellulator Update

Hi Folks,
I failed to mention an IMPORTANT point in handling the Cellulator.
DO NOT attempt to activate the Glow Plug Button independantly or you may cause the Glow Plug to overload and burn out.
You will need to have the 3-Way Toggle Switch in the Lights Only position or Lights & Siren Position while pressing the Smoke Pot Button.
Just flip the 3- Way Toggle Switch to lights only if you want to do a backstage test.
I apologize for this oversight and am sure you will be problem free if you handle the prop as described.
We will gladly replace your glow plugs if you have had a problem before receiving this update.
Thanks for the support!
Chance Wolf
[quote]
On 2007-10-30 09:44, rogueclown wrote:
Make sure to get the extra pot and glow plugs!!!!
I have not used mine up, but I know that I will need them eventually.
RC
I love it!!!!
[/quote]

Extra pot & glow plugs, sounds like a party from the 60's ;)

Ken
LMBO!

Good one Ken!

Brad
LOL.....

Wow, I got my Cellulator but my wife intercepted it and wants to give it to me as a Christmas gift. She said she has trouble finding things I really want, but she knows I am excited about the Cellulator. I am crying foul......well, mostly just crying.

I may be able to talk her into it, but she is pretty set. She has already hidden the package!

I hope I can get her to at least open it and retrieve the instructions and let me see those. I would like to go ahead and order the smoke, slime, and glow plugs. Speaking of which, do you need to get an extra smoke pot (oh, no.....smoke pot....back in the 60s again) also? I don't remember Chance mentioning that, so I wanted to make sure.

Oh well, where is the bright side????? Oh yeah, that will give me time to work out a good routine. :(

Regan
I like it! Your Christmas gift will be the relief of the torture you'll endure thinking about and longing for your Cellulator, while us lucky single guys can go right ahead and play with our toys without interference.....
My wife carried mine in from the FedEx truck and handed it to me. Guess she knew it would keep me outta her hair for a while!

Steve
I'm guessing we are all over 30 at least. I'm late 40's. I saw a
movie, the lady in it needs a charger for her cell phone to save the world, because it was dead. The kid at the cell phone place would not get off her phone, when she finally did, she said "that is last years phone, we don't have that charger"! I see our burnt phone is too big. Older than last years phone! Like 5 years ago? All the kids have the tiny ones. Maybe I can get a toy one from the dollar store and burn it. Really, every phone anyone has is so tiny.
I need a source for a tiny phone, short of buying one from the cell phone store for $200.00 and burning it.

I'll have to check the toy departments. All the new ones are very thin. And no kid will be caught without the latest. Even Executives at conventions have the latest technology. They have these tiny little phones. Someone once said they make them so small so we will loose them so we have to buy a new one.
Has anyone found a phone that slightly resembles the burnt one? I think us old folks are behind the times, at least I am speaking for myself.

ACE
I get a new phone every year from my phone supplier, so I have a few old ones I could burn up. should we just place them in the centre of a bonfire for a few minutes? Only it's Guy Fawkes over here in a few days, plenty of opportunity for me to prep a spare phone....
....I wonder about using the Cellulator to fry up a watch? A gnarled mass of metal and glass, would look like pretty much any man's watch that's been melted, no?
Yes! a watch, esp. a Rolex! Great thinking!

ACE
See Polly, everyone gets a new one every year. And they get smaller and smaller...this one looks like the one I had in the 90's

ACE
Ace,
I think your running when your not being chased.
These folks are up there having fun...I hope, and most, if not all, will play along if they notice a slight discrepancy in the phone size, shape etc..
I also covered this issue in the instructions giving simple handling tips.
For the record, when plastic burns/melts it SWELLS UP as well as can shrink depending on how long heat is held to the plastic. Not that the spectator cares or may even know this.
Don't sweat it and go have some fun!! :)
You may locate other dead cell phones and have a batch handy in case you want to pre-select a phone/spectator and have a near perfect match.
I hope this helps!
Thanks folks,
Chance
Chance, do you have any tips for burning phones, in case we want to do our own?

Thanks.

Regan
Regan,
I CANNOT give ANY advice on this topic due to potential liabilities.
That is why I avoided this in my instruction sheets.
Sorry I cannot help in this area. You know I would if I could!
Thanks for the understanding,
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
Chance, you've done it again! What an awesome thing the Cellulator is... Finding it very hard to take my eyes off it, it's like it came straight out of a cartoon space ship! This is really one of the most stunning magic "boxes" I've ever seen. I love the way the box falls open so FAST, and the instant visual change from space age gadget to the melted phone surrounded by smoke and dripping goo! Perfect, as it's the exact moment misdirection is required. I think the size is perfect for kid shows, birthday parties, etc.
The siren is really loud! This is one helluva funny prop, and there must be a thousand other things you could do with it other than burning a phone....
It's so cute I just wanna HUG it!
Only kiddin.. :)
Potty
I think If I cut down the burnt phone it will look more square-ish like the most popular phones now. I know the discrepancy is slight. But my audiences are real close to me. I think if I shave an inch off the phone, it will look like it melted smaller, and a little square-er
I did read the instruction, I've just never seen anyone with a big phone. Maybe once I perform it, I will find them.
Thanks for the advice.

ACE
On burning a phone, duh, go outside and light it on fire! or use a blow torch!
just don't breath the fumes! aren't most magicians pyromaniacs anyway?

ACE
You would also want to be VERY CAREFUL about the battery. It can and will explode when subjected to the heat!

Steve
When I started using the Wiz Kote, I had the same reservations about the size of the shoe. The one supplied was quite a bit smaller than the ones I thought I would be getting from the audience. In fact the first day we performed it at our theme park gig only ONE child in the whole audience (250+) had running shoes on!!!The rest were either bare foot or wearing sandals. I've used shoes smaller and I've used shoes bigger, rarely are they the same size. I have to say in all honesty that never...NEVER has anyone said that's not the same shoe. Most importantly the child's whose shoe has been burnt has NEVER said that's not my shoe, even though I bring it over and almost hand it to them. And I mean never in over two hundred shows. Even if they do say something, the laughter is so loud the no one would hear them anyway.

I just received my Cellulator today......FINALLY. (Thank you Canada Customs!!!)
I have to say Chance that this prop is most impressive. The detail of the prop itself is STUNNING. It would have been enough to have the flashing lights, or the siren or the breakaway antenna or even the smoke...but all is truly a complete routine. If that's not enough the case and storage compartment are awesome. The only thing missing is Chance himself to perform the trick for me(Somehow he may not fit in the case!!!)

My father in law has an expression when he likes something or something tastes good, he says "that's scary". Chance this prop is SCARY no doubt!!!Thank you.

So guys try it out. Don't worry about the size of the phone. My best friends phone is exactly the size of the one supplied. Try it with other things... a credit card, debit card, watch, wallet, a tie would fit nicely( permanent press and steam it). I "burnt" a number of different things for the Wiz Kote.

All the best,

John
Chance,

I received my Cellulator and it really is a piece of art. The craftsmanship and look of the item is very impressive. I love the metal storage box with the foam to keep it like new.

I have just one question. The siren is really loud on mine and I was wondering what you recommend to make it a little quieter?

Thanks again,
Mike
Mike and John,
Thanks for the great reviews and I am happy to hear you love the Cellulator!
We added a felt cover to the siren which muted the sound quite a bit. You should hear how LOUD it is without the felt!! They call them "Pain Generators".
Personally, I think the loudness is just right for stage shows and even homes but if you think it is too loud then simply apply another layer of felt over the siren. Use spray glue on the felt or rubber cement.

Hope this helps!
Chance
Chance, you should post a video of the Cellulator as it falls apart, and reveals the burnt phone. Really has to be seen, it's the FUNNIEST moment, surprising, shocking, and pretty darn convincing. I think if you use a kid's phone, he'll be getting very upset when he sees that little tableau!
CELLULATOR Update:

Glow Plug Tips:
If your Glow Plug begins to dim or does not ignite, be sure to CHECK YOUR BATTERY FIRST before replacing your glow plug.
The 9Volt battery will give you about 15 Glow Plug/Smoke Ignitions.
You will then need to replace the battery.
The battery will still be good for many other electronic items but will NOT have enough juice left to operate the glow plug even though the lights and siren still operate.
The cost is about 15 cents per show which is MUCH cheaper, per show, than the rocket igniters needed for the original Wiz Kote.

This is a brand new item. No matter how much testing and research we do and we are learning as well. I will be creating an update and tip page on my website this weekend.
Thank you
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
Once the cellphone is loaded in the load compartment, anyone know if the magnets in the lid would damage or affect a regular cellphone?
Doug
Hi Doug,
The magnets will NOT damage a standard cell phone. There are all kinds of magnetic cell phone clips, for dash boards etc. Manufacturers of cell phones and other electronic devices have a standard to include magnetic resistance.
We took STRONGEST magnet in the shop and drug it across our personal cell phones with NO problems at all.
I have heard the I-PHONES CAN BE AFFECTED BY MAGNETS!! I have NOT confirmed this but I read it in a GOOGLE search. That is why I recommended NOT to use cell phones.

For those of you who still are not convinced or would like to use an I-PHONE, you may pry out the magnets and replace them with Velcro.
I hope this helps.
Chance
I gotta say the ending of the routine can be very easy. I don't see the need to vanish the burnt phone, it makes more sense to me to throw it away. I plan to then pull out a box of items from my table. After a couple of gag phones, I'll produce two cans of chips and some string....(don't have Can O Corn yet), and explain that we'll connect the cans with the string, etc....
The comedy is so strong, I really don't think it's neccessary to put too much emphasis on magic. Though I'm quite sure most folks won't question how the phone gets in the can anyway.
This makes the presentation super easy, in effect self-working. The only thing you have to do is a little "handling" without being noticed.
Might have to perform this for some 9-year olds Sunday.....
...for an extra bit of business, with added visual effect, which comes at a very opportune moment, thus helping to disguise any problems of talking, etc, try fetching out a CO2 fire extinguisher, and give the Cellulator a quick burst...careful not to freeze the spectator's phone, mind...
I have not read through all this thread so I apologize if I am giving an idea that has been thought of. I plan to use the cellulator in a slightly different way. I will have a spectator up (probably a man which will be obvious here) and ask him to help with an effect. Once the effect is over I will thank him for helping and say that since he was better than the average spectator assistant I would like to pay him for helping. I will then ask him for his credit card. I will show him my latest invention. It is a device to "add credit" to your card. I will place his card in the machine and down load a "credit" of $50.00 to his account for his next purchase. I think you can see where this is going. Once the card is destroyed. I will show an envelope that has been taped to my table the entire show. I will remove the envelope and open it to reveal his credit card. This part is easily performed. You can palm his credit card from the cellulator. The as you retreive the envelope you place the credit card to the back of the envelope and appear to remove it from the envelope.

Let me know what you think in a PM if you like it.

Ron
I may use my Cellulator for other things beides phones too. I like the credit card idea. There have been several good ideas besides cell phones tossed around here. I want to get my routine for the phone first and see how that goes before I try anything else. I am about to lose my sanity over the ending phase. I have been working on it for quite awhile and I almost have a prototype ready.

Regan
I want to see what Chance has up his sleeve with his "Cellulator finale". I must admit, I'm a tad disappointed that the steal fromt he Cellulator isn't more subtle. I do feel the way the steal works means it's almost inevitably going to have a "talking" problem. There is a clumsy element about it. Ron, your idea of using a credit card is top, that won't make a sound, and could play very well too. But I am very fond of the Cellulator, and adore the whole concept of burning a phone now that I have it. Maybe Chance will consider making an alternative (top)piece which would deliver the cellphone into your hand silently and invisibly. I already know exactly what it would be, but I wouldn't tell anyone except Chance in the "off-chance he might go with the idea (pardon the pun, snigger! :))
I'll be honest, when I heard that the Cellulator was going to destroy a phone instead of a shoe, as some of us had expected from a new "Wiz-Kote", my feeling was that this was a new effect, not a Wiz-Kote at all. In fact, I bought Joe Eddy's "Dirt Eradicator" too, which is a superb shoe burner, and I NEED a shoe burner, It's been planned for a long time....
What I hadn't anticipated, was how BRILLIANT Chance's phone burner would turn out to be. Have no doubts, this is a really, really FUNNY effect! That cartoon moment when the burnt phone is revealed, honestly, you just have to see it!!!
So to the final reveal (the orignial phone), well I like the idea of the cans and the string, to make the "can phone"....Seems I've been remarkably lucky and gotten another Café member to sell me his "Can O Corn". If and when I'm actually able to use it in my show, I'll tell you all how the routine plays.
Potty...with the cans...it plays very well. Used it with that premise last week for two HUGE shows (1000 first show and about 1500 second)..

Steve
I used it this last Sunday for the first time. It rocked! I reproduced the phone from a pringles can. I had them connects together with some string and the plastic tops were still on. The person helping me did not know to take the plastic cap off for the can phone to work. When I told them to take it off and they show the person's cell phone in the can they went crazy and the corwd did too. Just load the phone in your case or table into an empty pringles can. I am not sure if anyone has said this yet. Best of luck. Thanks again Chance.

Bairefoot
Can anyone post additional pictures of their Cellulator or a video of what it looks like? Thanks!
FYI if loading a Credit Card be careful of the magnets in the lid as the card may be destroyed. Just a thought!

Steve
Steve:

Magnets have absolutely no effect on credit cards. That is a myth. Myth busters exposed this on TV. In fact I carry a strong magnet in my pocket with my credit cards.

Ron
[quote]
On 2007-11-06 18:58, mrmagic0 wrote:
Steve:

Magnets have absolutely no effect on credit cards. That is a myth. Myth busters exposed this on TV. In fact I carry a strong magnet in my pocket with my credit cards.

Ron
[/quote]

I hope you're right.
What about using the "Homework Machine" at school shows? My daughter brought me some worksheets (or you can buy them in the education section at Barnes and Noble, tear a few out and fold them). Tell the kid you're going to "do their homework" and then do the routine . . . I also found a Santa ornament with cord tassle beard which is going to light up quite fine . . . Santa couldn't find Rudolph so we're going to light his nose red through the "Nose Lighting Machine," with a D'liteful finale.
Can anybody tell me which brand of battery do you use with your cellulator??

Thanks Markus
I don't know if BRAND is important, unless you can find some of the "industrial" type 9-volt batteries. Some companies do make those, but you rarely find them somewhere like a local discount store.

Steve
Steve thanks for the answer. Which brand do you use with the cellulator?

markus
Markus,
You can use nearly any brand such as Energizer or Duracell.
Just be sure it is a 9 VOLT ONLY. You had wrote me and said you had tried different voltages that were higher than 9 Volt. You can damage the unit by doing this.

I hope this helps,
Chance
Yeah, I was thinking of hooking up a 12v car battery, but it wouldn't fit into the compartment. And it's way too heavy to carry. Hey...maybe solar power...

Steve
Nucular is the way to go-clean and efficient.

Michael
Who is this? Bush? NUCLEAR...NEW-CLE-UR..always hated that mis-prounuciation of nuke-u-lur.

Steve
Yes it was everytime 9 Volte Batteries but we rechecked it with a volatege checker or how you call it in the USA and I tried Varta, Panasonic and a nooo name brand from the local grocery store. Only this typ of battery worked. This is the reason why I asked you the question about the brand you use. Fresh batteries didn't work with the unit.
I always go with Energizer or Duracell. One of the two (and I can't remember which) seems to fit better, but both work when brand new. There are industrial versions of Energizer batteries. I didn't know this until another Café member informed me a couple years ago.

Steve
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Nov 10, 2007 06:28PM)
[quote]
On 2007-11-10 15:48, magicinsight wrote:
Nucular is the way to go-clean and efficient.

Michael
[/quote]

How so?
While nuclear energy is truly much more efficient than conventional coal based power generation..then you have the problem with the disposal of the byproducts. Trust me...now yer talking 'bout somethin' I knows 'bout!

Steve
Here is what I will be using as a finale to my Cellulator routine. It is not nuclear....or nucular either, for that matter, but I think it will still be very effective!

Regan

Well, I tried to attach a pic, but couldn't get it to work, so here is a link to photobucket:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/mistermagicmusicman/HiTechDualModularCanPhones/DSC03340High-TechDualModularCanPhon.jpg
Regan,
That looks pretty cool! It is far different than what my creative team has come up with. Maybe you can take the plunge into manufacturing and get it on the market! You may find that building magic is a bit more work and cost than expected but it seems to be worth it in the end.
Maybe you can post the effect and get some valuable input from fellow Café members.
Good luck with the project!
Chance
Chance,

Thanks so much! I am glad it is different than what you will be releasing.

As far as marketing it though, I don't know about that. You nailed it about the work and cost being more than anticipated. This project has been costly and also a royal pain! Trying to find the right parts has been a real challenge. I have spent untold hours searching the internet, and running around locally trying to locate what I needed just to build this, before any actual work ever started! Seems I had problems every way I turned with getting the parts too. It's untelling what I have spent trying to get this prototype made.

Had I realized the cost, headaches, and work involved I may have never started it in the first place. Also, if it hadn't been for trying to hurry and come up with a routine and suitable ending to your Cellulator (so I could decide if I wanted to order one or not) I may have never started making this. I am really glad I did though. It seems once I started it I became obsessed and driven to finish it.

Your suggestion to get feedback from Café members is a great one. I know there are a lot of wonderfully creative minds here, and if anyone has any suggestions or feedback I hope they will let me know.

Good luck with your finale project also!!!!

Regan
Any additional pictures of teh Cellulator yet? Anyone?

Thanks
My buddy Andy Martin has a fantastic website with some great pics of the Cellulator.
Be sure to click "read" link above left to read his review.
http://www.martinsmagic.com/?html=full&nav1=new&key=3592

Be sure to check out the rest of his website. It is the BEST on the web!
Thanks
Chance
Very nice review, and I second everything Andy said!

Steve
Chance,

thanks for the link with the Pics, it looks great!
I can't find any where the Can o' corn no one has it in stock or know where I can Find it.
Fred K Magic
Those who are using the potato chip can finish might consider loading some cloth covered spring snakes into the one without the phone for more fun...before you reveal the phone...
pm me for the souce of good cloth covered spring snakes, if interested. I can fit 3 into a regular size can.

ACE
I did not know that about magnets not hurting credit cards.
I put my credit card in the same pocket with a super magnet trick I carry(by accident), and it quit working anywhere I swiped it. My other card I left in my wallet still worked. I had to send for a new card...

ACE
Actually burn their IPhone....Ha hah hah...
:rotf:

-T
Chance when will your "nested effect" for the appearance of the phone be ready? Is this something we will be able to have by Christmas?
Steve
Fred,

A Café member had one for sale yesterday....

Steve
Does the Can O Corn and/or the Can O Nuts use a can with a metal bottom?
I believe the one I have and use is the Can O'Corn, and the bottom is metal.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I was just wondering if I could use the modules of my device in conjunction with the Can O Corn, or Can O Nuts.
I made something similar to yours (what's with the little electronic boxes?) to use. One can (that the gimmick fits into) isn't tampered with, the string attaches with a tiny magnet. I figured that if the end of the string were inside the can, then, to the spectator, the can had obviously already been opened, which we don't want! The other can does have the string attached. I give the "Can O'Corn" to the spectator to try out the "New Space-Age Cellphone", they find that it won't work, but rattles...then, out comes the opener.

I can't wait for the Wolf's Magic version...

Steve
Hi Steve. I felt the same way about the string going inside the can.

I call the electronic boxes modules, and they attach to the bottom of the cans. Then the 2 cans connect together with a phone cord. Each module has a switch that controls a Red LED, or the Green LED and a telescoping antenna for "wireless" mode.

My goal was to make something that would look kind of high-tech so I can explain that it is much better than the ones they used during their childhood. In fact I call it the High-Tech, Dual Modular Can Phone Set.

From what you say, I think my modules might also work with the CW Can O Corn.

Thanks.

Regan
I seem to remember someone coming out with a wireless tin can card trick a couple years ago. You're "faxing" the card to the other can via the wireless connection of the antenna on the bottom of each can. Anybody else remember that? Seems like it was Professor...something...

Steve
You're kidding? Does it look similar to my Hi-Tech, Dual Modular Can Phone Set?
Nope..looks like 2 Campbell's soup cans with small funnels attached to the bases, and small antennae attached to that. Seems like there was a "joy buzzer" attached to 'em, too.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I don't remember it, but then I am not a card man. Who was the manufacturer/inventor?
Hey Steve!, I'm glad you are using the magnet idea to attach the string to the can. I mentioned it on the 3rd page of this topic, but someone debated it as not being logical.
I know you are working in a real world situation, and this would work in a real world situation. I should know, lol. I have not performed my Cellulator yet. All my shows have been birthdays's for 2 year old kids, and didn't think it would go over. And my night gigs are walk around. So I'll probably use it for a couple of Christmas shows and my 100 summer camp shows. I'm just worried they don't allow cell phones in the summer camps.
Cheers!
ACE
Ace, I agree with you 100%. Using magnets makes much more sense to me if you are using the "sealed" can at the end. Also, retrieving the phone in an empty, sealed can doesn't make sense to me either. In either scenario the impact of the sealed can is defeated, or at least weakened.

In my routine my devices will attach to the bottom of the cans, and the can that the phone will eventually turn up in will be sealed and filled with nuts. To me it makes more sense this way.

That's just me though, I'm sure there will be a lot of great routines with great endings.
I fill my can with dried kidney beans (RED BEANS, CAMILLA BEANS for you, Ace!) for the production. Dump 'em into a big, gallon ziplock bag that they're holding.

Steve
Luv them red beans, lol and I can make a mean batch of them, lol

I had the same type of discussion with guess who? Joh. Calve.. One little thing in his lecture didn't synchronize. So I asked a question? duh? could you do it this way?
(I grew up being told there is no such thing as a bad question.) Well, Guess you won the argument! The master of course. him. he said he did it that way for 300 years and no one ever said a thing. I saw the inconsistency, and he could not handle it. I even told him how to do it so there would not be an inconsistency, and he would not hear it! He make me feel like a peon! He would not even talk to me anymore! Imbarassed me.
So Cellulators! Do it like you like it!

cheers! (p.s. I just think too much)

ACE
On another note, I was watching "The Prestige" again, just now. His whole problem was not getting the applause. He should have done a second curtain call, and came out as himself as the Master Magician,(holding his double back stage) and been satisfied. But then the movie would have ended 1/2 hour early. lol If only he had the Cellulator then, That device they had reminds me of it. That was a Giant Cellulator. You think Chance could make one of those?

ACE
Does anyone have another source for where to buy the white smoke. Theatre FX wants 29.00$ to ship via Fedex to Canada. I don't' mind paying a little extra, but this is outright thievery!!!! 10 of these little capsules CAN'T cost more than a few dollars to send surface. Same with the glow plugs....41.00$ to ship 6 of tehm (can't find them at my local hobby shop)!!!VERY FRUSTRATING.

Chance, maybe you can stock these for us "out of towners".

All the best,

John
Try http: //www.morriscostumes.com/

They Used to have FX stuff years ago. I used to buiy a lot of stuff from them.
Then I did not order for a while, and they closed my account, and I'm having trouble re-opening it. I don't know what they have now. You might want to call them. They mostly do wholesale. If you have a business liscence you might be able to buy in bulk. No idea if postage will be any lower.
Tell them your problem and maybe they can help you.

ACE
Could some one post a few clips on Youtube just demonstrating the sound effect / smoke / vanish ... wld just like to get a feel for the impact of the prop

Thanks
Sorry mitchmagi, I don't know who to do that. Maybe Chance can post some more pictures on his website!?
Talking to my friend Wizzo the Wizard last night, it occurred to me that the Cellulator could be used to vanish something other than a phone, which I would then find in an "impossible" location, but in fact it would be a duplicate. This would mean that I couldn't borrow a phone, but would open up other possibilities. Or I could even vanish my own phone. Problem I have is getting the phone out of the Cellulator, I can't find a way to do it silently and quickly. So I'm now planning to use it as a comedy device, and forget the cleverness of the original routine.
The prop is quite beautiful, and could be used to destroy anything that fits in the load chamber. I wonder if anyone has any ideas what else could be destroyed?
Potty,

I have always felt that the Wiz Kote (and now the Cellulator) is more of a comedy item than a baffling magic trick. If you think about it, there is really not much magic going on from the audience's point of view. They see the magician borrow an item, (shoe or phone) place it in a box, and it burns up. Lot's of comedy potential, but not much magic so far.

That is why I feel the revelation of the item is so important. Personally, I wanted a very strong, magical finish. That is why I worked so hard and spent so much time and money making my own device for the ending. I call it my High-Tech, Dual Modular Can Phone Set. I can "vanish" the burned phone with one can and the restored phone can be found in the can that the spectator holds.....which will be a "sealed" can of mixed nuts. No grease or salt to worry about either. I think it will add more comedy to my Cellulator routine, but also create a strong, magical ending.

I know what you mean about the difficulty of retrieving the phone. That is going to be a challenge if you work alone. I am trying to come up with a good way to do that too. I have already started making a few modifications.

I am also thinking about using a credit card but I am a little concerned about the magnets. I would hate to really destroy someones credit card! :)

Regan
Tried out my Cellulator and it went very well in theatre setting.
I combined it with Can-It and Chalet's Retriever's Chest.A volunteer was picked to hold on to the retriever's chest in the beginning of the show.It played very well...except in one of the show,I was loading the phone into the Can-It in the dark,and when the can was opened by the spectator,the burnt phone was found in there instead!!!
The Myth Busters (A TV show) debunked the magnets/credit card myth. You can NOT ruin a creit card with a magnet. The other thing is the credit card would not be that close to the magnets anyway.

Ron
[quote]
On 2008-01-01 09:22, mrmagic0 wrote:
The Myth Busters (A TV show) debunked the magnets/credit card myth. You can NOT ruin a creit card with a magnet. The other thing is the credit card would not be that close to the magnets anyway.

Ron
[/quote]

In my routine the credit card would be close to magnets. And I am not sure about Myth Busters, but the place I buy magnets from warn about credit card damage.
I carry a magnet next to my credit cards all the time. The one I carry is a N14 which is the strongest and I have never had a problem. It is the same magnet we use in our Child's Play. Myth Busters used a jumbo magnet far more powerful and there was no effect on the credit card. I hear this myth all the time and magnets do not have an effect.

Ron

More information on magnets and credit cards from a magnet site is here
http://forums.the-gadgeteer.com/vbbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=950

Also see here:

http://www.tv.com/mythbusters/barrel-of-bricks-pissing-on-the-third-rail-eel-skin-wallet/episode/285547/recap.html
I have had a much larger magnet (see description below) within an inch or less from my wallet and never had any problems with my credit cards after that. You probably have nothing to worry about.

This magnet is powerful too. It can hold over 35lbs:
Grade: N42
Composition: NdFeB
Shape: Disc
Coating: Nickel
Poles: One on each flat end
Dimensions: 1 1/2 in. x 3/16 in. thick
Br max: 12,100 Gauss
Bh max: 35 MGOe

[img]http://www.forcefieldmagnets.com/catalog/images/magnet50.jpg[/img]
I just got back form Louisiana magic weekend: http://www.cajunwizard.com
I got a new item, at least to me, the "Cell-Out".
A very visual effect, a deck of cards changes to a cell phone.
Now I have my finish. My audiences are usually pretty close, and you can do this right under their noses. I already tried the effect and blew a few people away.

After I burn up the cell phone, I will say, oh, well, how about a card trick?
I will pull out the deck of cards, and then change it to the cell phone!

Just another way to end it.

ACE
Ace,

YOU da man!

Steve
Magnets: I have a big $40.00 block magnet. DO NOT put it near your computer screen. At least not an old 25 pound Gateway 2000.
It was actualy fun. I got a new flat screen. So I put the magnet to the old screen, and the whole picture pulls toward the magnet. The color changes on the screen. It stayed that way. Then I took the magnet and "pulled" the picture back. And waved the magnet until the right color came back.

Did I just invent a new trick?

ACE
I don't know? I think the degauss button will do the same thing! :)
The computer screen was definitely ruined with the magnet.

I was a few days later I had the idea to wave it over the screen, and it put it back.

I'm not that computer savvy, what is a degauss button, and where is it?
Just bought a cellulator from a Café member can;t wait to get it. will be buying phone-ale on monday to go along with it
[quote]
On 2007-11-13 15:41, Regan wrote:
Thanks Steve. I don't remember it, but then I am not a card man. Who was the manufacturer/inventor?
[/quote]

Regan- I saw an ad for that other "can phone" trick. I think the guy's name was "Professor Putter", but I could be a little off on that...it was several years ago, I think.

Best,

Chad
I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the glo plug/smoke to work. I've gone through $30 worth of glo plugs and I'm running out of the smoke powder. Nothing seems to work. am I getting something wrong? I put just a pea sized amount of powder in and hit the button while the lights or lights and siren are going and nothing lights up. Do that a number of times and I'm off to buy a new glow plug.
[quote]
On 2011-12-09 10:00, madmanmike1 wrote:
I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the glo plug/smoke to work. I've gone through $30 worth of glo plugs and I'm running out of the smoke powder. Nothing seems to work. am I getting something wrong? I put just a pea sized amount of powder in and hit the button while the lights or lights and siren are going and nothing lights up. Do that a number of times and I'm off to buy a new glow plug.
[/quote]

Try emailing Chance. He'll do what he can to help you out...

Ken
While the Cellulator & Phone-Ale are not new, I want to enthusiastically note how much fun these have been to perform. This is a blast to present and consistently gets a wonderful reaction from the audience (kids & adults) as it plays huge! What's even better is that both the Cellulator and Phone-Ale easily fit in the bottom of my suitcase table without displacing any of my other shelves and props for transport. As with everything from Wolf Magic, these professional props are extremely well made and brilliantly thought out.

Dan.
Dear fellows,

Is there someone can help me to choose to the right type of glow plug for my cellulator.I need the replacement and have bought one type OS F. But seems the 9v power not enough to light it.
Thank you very much.