(Close Window)
Topic: Any good routines for the 'Insurance Policy', please?
I've posted this elsewhere, but maybe should've posted this here in the first place?

I would really appreciate it if someone would let me know if there are any good routines for the 'Insurance Policy', and if so, where can I find them?

Many thanks & warm regards to all,

Martin King
If you can find a copy, "Don Alan's Pretty Sneaky" has a routine.
I use to carry it as a back up for when a card trick goes wrong. I'd simply say, "Well, that's why I carry insurance!" Then go right into it as though a part of the act.

Now... I just don't make mistakes. :bg:
Dan, or Mr Paulus

Thanks sooooooooo much for replying!

I believe you're quite well known amongst us magi, (yes?) If I've got that right, then I'm honoured to have someone like yourself respond to my question. If not, then I'm still honoured to have you reply to little old me!

Thanks again,

Martin King
I've never seen it, but I've heard Ken Mate has a great version of this routine. I believe it was on one of the World's Greatest Magic videos. I think it was volume 4, but I'm not 100% sure. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
[quote]
On 2007-10-18 06:55, martin king wrote:
Dan, or Mr Paulus

Thanks sooooooooo much for replying!

I believe you're quite well known amongst us magi, (yes?) If I've got that right, then I'm honoured to have someone like yourself respond to my question. If not, then I'm still honoured to have you reply to little old me!

Thanks again,

Martin King
[/quote]

Martin

It's an honor to be honoured by someone as honourable as you.
(You're not a judge or a mayor are you? If so, add a "Your Honor.") :bg:
[quote]
On 2007-10-18 19:33, Eric Lott wrote:
...Ken Mate has a great version of this routine. I believe it was on one of the World's Greatest Magic videos. I think it was volume 4, but I'm not 100% sure...
[/quote]

Wouldn't that sorta make it KEN MATE'S ROUTINE?
IMHO by far best routine I have ever seen for the Insurance Policy is Ken Mate's. But as Nathan said, that makes it Ken's routine and as far as I know, he has not published it.
I remember doing this trick once for a small group of folks. It was going to be my big finish so I was really building it up, he selected the card and I lost it in the pack, spread the cards and picked one out completely at random and what do you, it was the king of diamonds! So much for my BIG finish.
In their eyes, it was a miracle. In your eyes, it coulda been miracle-er. Oh, the inner conflicts of a magician.
Check out ASBO by Wayne Goodman for the Brits...much funkier and funnier imo.
I really hate this trick. But I've seen one performance with a line that made me laugh. On one of the World's Greatest Magic specials, someone did this trick. I don't get that selection of material for that show, anyway. He had a lady sitting in a chair onstage and for some reason brought out a car battery and jumper cables. With the the big clips in his hand he looked at her, then the audience. "I forget which one's postive and which one's negative." I think the joke was lost on most of the crowd.
That was Ken Mate.
And the never-ending circle of inner-conflicts continue...