(Close Window)
Topic: Big day for me : Surgery for sweating hands !
Hello !

This Friday will be the day I'll get in the hospital for surgery. After that my hands won't be sweating anymore.
I chose to do it because I sweat almost all the time. Not only when I am nervous.
I just hope everything will be alright.

When I'll get back, I will make a "review" about how everything happened, how I felt, how I feel ...

Thierry
Welcome to the Café Evoker, and good luck with everything. :) I hope all this does what you want it to do. -Mb
Thanks for your support. I have been reading many threads from TheMagicCafe but didn't wrote much for months. I just felt like I needed to share this to the community.

Thierry
Good luck! I hope everything goes well!
Make sure you are very comfortable with the surgeon and the anesthesiologist. I'm sure you're aware that elective surgery should not be taken lightly. Best of luck. Be safe.
I know. But I've had this since I am young and it disturbs me in everything I do. I can't even shake hand with someone without having a disgusting feeling.
Best wishes to you, Evoker. May everything go well with the surgery. Take care.
All the best on your surgery Evoker.

Kyf
WOW! Good luck brother, I actually have the oposite, I tend to moist my fingers before certain moves. I also have a Underarm problem like that but it is ojnly from time to time. Hope this post makes me focus on it subconciouly again.
Good luck to you with the surgery Thierry. It must really be a problem if you are going to that length to get it fixed. I just hope you don't end up with the opposite problem.....
Good luck and hope all goes well,my partner suffers from this mostly when she's anxious ....

Best

Blade
My sympathies for your sympathectomy. When it's done you can finally say it was "no sweat". :)
Ha Ha larry, How long did you work to come up with that? That is a classic.
I'm sure you'll be fine. Best wishes.
Good luck.

My hands are too dry. Must be awful to have wet hands all the time though!
My thoughts and prayers are with you!!
Do human beings actually have sweat glands in the palms of their hands?
Hope all went ok......
Evoker,
Got you in my thoughts and prayers!
Mick
Evoker, It's Friday dude and we haven't forgotten about you...we know today was the day. Our prayers are with you and we know that all has went well. Remember, it is done unto you as you believe..."So believe"...That's the only real magic there is. ;) -Best, Mb :)
I read some in net about some medical technical to stop the excessive hand sweating.
What kind of surgery you gona make?

Paulo
Most likey he's undergoing a sympathectomy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endoscopic_thoracic_sympathectomy

- Frank
Hello Everybody,
First of all, Thank you so much for your support.

Today is saturday and I just got back home from the first part of the surgery.
And Yes, it was a sympathectomy. The surgeon did my left arm on this Friday. I will be going back to the hospital on Sunday to do the right arm on Monday.

How do I feel ? A bit tired like after every surgery. It hurts a bit in the armpit because that is where he made the "hole". But my left hand already doesn't sweat.
Also, I felt warm a couple of hours after the surgery and I sweat from the "right side of the head" and not from the left side. That was funny.

I will be back for another quick "review" after the second surgery.

Thierry
Sounds good Evoker...:) You seem like you have it under control. Just a few more steps and it's done. You're gonna be fine. Keep us posted. -Best, MB
Sounds like part one went well. I wish you the best of luck with part two.....
Hello Everybody,
Just got back from the second part of the surgery.

The second part (right hand) was much more painful for me ! It felt like there was an arrow planted on my right back. Now with the medicine it feels much better.
Now I can say that it was "no sweat".

Both of my hands are warm and don't sweat at all. I'll be practicing again my magic in a couple of days.

Feel free to PM me for more details or leave a message in this thread and I will answer as soon as possible.

Again, thank you everyone for your support.

Thierry
Glad to hear everything went well Thierry, good luck for your quick recovery.....
I'm glad you are okay and that the operation was a success. Now get back to work. J/K
Glad to hear...:) You'll be good as new real soon...even better. :) Now you know the first routine you come up with on your own has got to be called, "No Sweat" :D -Mb
Hi Thierry,

Great news!

By the way, I'm in Paris this week through Friday. Any restaurant suggestions. I'm at Hotel D'Aubusson. :)

Larry
There's a really good Pizza Hut across from the opera house ;)
Thanks for your messages !

Larry, I just made a research and it seems like your hotel is quite "chic". Are you performing there ? or giving a lecture in France or something ?

And about the restaurant, I like asian food and there is a good Korean restaurant in the 5th district named "Oh Chapeau". Not too pricey, not cheap either. The address is : 4, rue du Petit Moine 75005 Paris.

But for french food, I read that the Music Hall Restaurant is nice. The address is 63, Avenue Franklin D. Roosevelt, 75008 Paris.

Hope this helps.

Thierry