(Close Window)
Topic: The Omega Reel
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Oct 29, 2007 02:59PM)
Here's a new ITR from Precision Magic. The ITR will be tiny, incrdibly easy to fix, very invisible, and can do so many thing the standard reel cannot do. The price will be very fair, and will come with an instructional DVD. Look out for more news.
The Omega Reel is the last IETR that you will ever Buy. Now that's a pretty big statement. But, if we could back that statement up, then we at Precision may just have something most Magicians would use. Now I guess I have to prove the statement.

Just ask your self one simple question... What are the draw backs of most ITR's?

1. If you loose the thread its sometimes hard to fish the end back out.
2. If your run out of Thread it is difficult to restring.
3. Some ITR's limit the distance the thread will come out before snaping.
4. Difficulty in repairs in most cases.
5. Hard to find repair items. *internal elastics
6. Limited to one color thread
7. Concealment issues.
8. Stationary Anchors *both ends
9. ITR's too big or too small
10. Standard hook ups
11. Usually lots of noise
12. Batteries run out

I guess I can stop right there.

The Omega Reel is a highly manipulatable IETR that overcomes all the obsticals listed above.
This sounds crazy good!! I am totaly getting one when it comes out!
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Oct 29, 2007 04:37PM)
There are so many uses for this other than levitations. This could be used as a pull, for example.
If the Omega Reel does all that you say, then sign me up for one right now.
Trust me... Dave has come up with the real deal as far as ITR's are concerned.

I have stayed away from ITR's for various reasons, but I WILL be using this.

The last word in ITR's... I am thinking yes
Release date will be in 2007 or in 2008?
iam also very interessted,your describtion sounds like a winner!
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Oct 29, 2007 06:49PM)
I am thinking 2008, because there will also be a DVD for this.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Oct 30, 2007 04:45AM)
When Dave first told me about the Reel, I didn't believe it could do EVERYTHING he said, it was one of those things you would love to believe, but just couldn't. However, I was wrong, it does all Dave says...and more!!! Stay tuned!!!
[quote]
On 2007-10-29 19:44, cosmicsecret wrote:
Release date will be in 2007 or in 2008?
iam also very interessted,your describtion sounds like a winner!
[/quote]

Omega Reel will be available before the end of this year. I would say it will be close to 3 weeks and we will send some out for reviewers and maybe an additional week before they are available.

It will be an entire kit containing; 1 Omega Reel, 3 Spools of Silk Worm IET (black, Opaque, and clear), 1 extra internal elastic, Instructional DVD (Never before seen Effects and Instructions along with Repair Instructions), and 2 Bonus Accessories. All may be purchased as seperate Items except for the Bonus Accessories and the Instructional DVD.
Sounds interesting, iv thoguth about getting a reel for a mark mason rope move, maybe ill hold off and see how this goes
I have been asked to give a more indepth description of the Omega Reel. This IETR is highly mobile and utilizes skills that most magicians already know. that's not to say that skill is required as it is not, but it is an option.

The Omega Reel (IETR) is not a standard tube shape. The kit comes with two extra Accessories. One is a loop of heavy elastic to go around the wrist (or some other area that you can determine), and a simple hold out. Both accessories are used to hide the Omega Reel itself, or used to exchange one item for another(like a raven as there is a magnet built into the Omega Reel). The Omega Reel will come standard with Black Silk Worm IET. In the kit you will receive the two extra Silk Worm IET that are ready to be installed in the Omega Reel, and replacement elastics should one break. Replacement takes about 5 seconds for me maybe longer for others. that's about the best description I can give of the actual props themselves.

I think this is the single best Idea that I have come up with to date. I have had a few good ones but this is something that is totally unique.

Hope this helps?
I dunno dave that color monte idea was pretty good =D
Joshua,
Unfortunately, there was very little interest in Color Monte Two, so it was shelved for the time being.
This reel is nicely made. Me and dave,mostly dave, have been working on this for around 5 to 6 months. It is extemly easy to repair and mantain. And it is like no other invisable thread reel out there today. So with that said if you ahve any questions please feel free to contact me or dave.

Thanks,
Jeremy
[quote]
On 2007-11-01 08:44, Dmann wrote:
Joshua,
Unfortunately, there was very little interest in Color Monte Two, so it was shelved for the time being.
[/quote]

gah!!!! people must be nuts!
There seems so many goodie frm precision at the end of this yr. Liquid and omega reel sounds very interesting. But unfortunately I seems no luck in shipment with Precisionmagic. Are these products going to be sold frm Penguin as well, Dmann?
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Nov 2, 2007 01:45AM)
Maybe. I'm sure it will be sold at The Magic Warehouse.
As with all Precision Magic Products they are represented by Murphy's Magic Supplies and are available to all shops who purchase from them. I don't see anything different happening with the Omega Reel.
This is to update any who might be interested in the Omega Reel. All the parts have been ordered for us to begin assembly and we hope for them to arrive later in the week.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Nov 5, 2007 03:27PM)
So you made the protoypes already?
[quote]
On 2007-11-05 16:27, THEGUY26 wrote:
So you made the protoypes already?
[/quote]

I think they are arriving this week.
Actually I have made several prototypes and we are ready to start production. The main body of this IETR is shatter proof, and they are being made as we speak. We had another body but decided that the special made body is more preferable than the generic one that we started with.

I can't wait for my fellow Magicians and friends, to get the true idea of what this IETR is all about. What makes this IETR so much different than others is its mobility. A product that's totally mobile like the Omega reel can be easily put under an Armpit, hat, belt, in a pocket, anchored just about anywhere you want and it takes a grand total of a second to set in any one of those positions. The Omega Reel can be manipulated at very close quarters, with an overall size coming in at 32mm outside/28mm inside. The Omega Reel is simple to hide or steal from hiden places or set up in a concrete location because of the magnet that is installed inside. For those who don't manipulate or choose not to manipulate the Omega Reel, the Kit will include a special loop of elastic for keeping the Omega Reel hidden and a stream lined hold out for delivery or exchanges of items as well as keeping the Omega Reel from view of the spectators. The Omega Reel Kit will include a DVD on how to repair it, use of the special accessories, some suggested uses, and a few never before seen effects. I hope this gives everyone a more accurate description of the Omega Reel?
Sounds wonderful. Looking forward to purchasing one.
The Omega Reel itself will sell for around 29.99 and the Kit will probably be 59.99. Reasonably priced.
How steady is the levetation of say a simple floating bill?

I would think(could be wrong) that the elastic thread would have some give, that would keep the bill from shaking as much as a regular reel.

Other words, sometimes, using a regular reel, the bill will sort of shake, as you take a step back and so forth, because of the tension.(at least the ones I have used, and in the way I want to use it.

Steve
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Nov 5, 2007 05:48PM)
[quote]
On 2007-11-05 18:43, Steve Haynes wrote:
How steady is the levetation of say a simple floating bill?

I would think(could be wrong) that the elastic thread would have some give, that would keep the bill from shaking as much as a regular reel.

Other words, sometimes, using a regular reel, the bill will sort of shake, as you take a step back and so forth, because of the tension.(at least the ones I have used, and in the way I want to use it.

Steve
[/quote]

You don't have to put elastic thread in the reel.
Steve,
I am so glad that you asked that question about shaking thread. After taking several thousands of ITRs apart over the years we believe we know the answer as to why some ITRs vibrate or shake at certain distances. The standard ITR has an inherint problem with internal shaft that houses the thread. If the bands that make the internal shaft turn are off center in any way it creates a binding of the internal shaft hitting on the external body shaft.

The Omega Reel is built in such a way to eliminate any shaking whatsoever and is completely silent as there is no point of friction on the inside of the IETR. Also, because of the type of IET that we are using bobble or shaking is completely eliminated.

As to the Guy, yes you could use a different IET or IT. But, in my oppinion why would you? Silk Worm IET is the best on the market. Ok... Sorry, for tooting my own horn there, its just my humble oppinion.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Nov 5, 2007 08:48PM)
I never said using different IET, I said you could use IT if you wanted, so the bill won't bounce around.
Thanks for the reply.

I use an itr now(for 15 years), but never liked the shaking that happens in certain conditions, and using just a peice of thread in position with some slack is not as practical, or as versatile.

Looking forward to it,

Steve
Steve you'll really like this... I think you'll find this replacing the ITR your currently using.

Everything stated about the Omega Reel is true... I have stayed away from ITR's for various reasons, but this has changed that, and is gonna be a real worker.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Nov 6, 2007 02:48PM)
Yeah, it's going to be a "reel" worker!
Reely??

Like, for reel??

Oh... that's reely great!!

Wait... I know it's reely great... silly me

Too far eh... thought so lol
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Nov 6, 2007 04:01PM)
Actually, Dave, you should put that right on the website. "This is a "reel" worker".
Really! Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
All the parts have been ordered for assembly of the Omega Reels. We should have them by the middle or end of next week. Once they arrive assembly will begin and the Omega Reel will be available by itself until the DVD is shot for the Kit. The Kit will be available about 20 days or so after the Omega Reel itself. For those interested?
Aww man, love reels, so happy with the one from sorcery, but this sounds amazing. Cant wait to see the end product.
Sounds good dmann!
Cant wait to see this puppy in action.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Nov 9, 2007 03:40PM)
You won't see it, that's how invisible it is!
[quote]
On 2007-11-09 16:40, THEGUY26 wrote:
You won't see it, that's how invisible it is!
[/quote]

For reel?lol! I can't wait either!
Nuff Said....can I order this now!!!
Sorcery Manufacturing is the Original Company to invent and make ITRs. They make the best on the Market. Considering their product has been knocked off by Companies with foreign ties and devalued their product to a point where ITRs can be obtained as low as a dollar wholesale, I think Sorcery has maintained and led in the ITR industry in an outstanding manner.

That said... and credit given, The Omega Reel will be the IETR to end all. There are several reasons that the Omega Reel is superior to most ITR on the market.

One is the unconventional shape of the Omega Reel. It is not built like the traditional test tube style of the past. The test tube style, does not allow for a lot of thread to be dispensened, which also means the distance is limited by the quality and workmanship of the ITR. The inner workings of most ITR has a small spindel in the middle of a large tube. In other words if you were to unroll the inner tube one full turn you would get about an inch of thread. that's right one inch, give or take based on different diamateres of reels. But with the Omega Reel in that same full turn of the inner spindel you will get three inches of thread that actually stretches to about 14-18 inches. Because of the larger inside spindel more thread is dispensensed.

Because of the unconventional shape of the Omega Reel it allows the performer more latitude in manipulation of the thread and the reel itself. Consider, if you were going to use an ITR and you had to prepare quickly for the effect. The conventional ITR requires a hook-up of sorts that can sometimes be difficult to do if you get in a hurry, and requires the Magi to do his preparation in private or prior to the show. The omega reel can be set up right in front of the spectators without their knowledge. By simply picking up the Omega Reel and dropping it in an appropriate pocket, under the arm pitts, any way you get the idea. That's not to say it can't take longer, because if you use the pull or hold out more time is required and that preparation could not be accomplished infront of the spectators. But if you were going to use the pull or hold out you would have set that up prior to the show.

I have tried to touch on a few thoughts about the Omega Reel to share with you folks, so that you may have a more informed thought about the Omega Reel and ITRs. The thoughts here are not all the facts but its a place to start from.

Finally, these are just my own oppinions about the Omega Reel and should be taken for what its worth.
Help.... I hate IT. Thread, thread, thread, I don't think I have ever seen so much IT in my entire life. If you want to see true chaos, you should be a fly on the wall here. I tell you its thread, freaking everywhere? But, I guess its all for the better good? Right? I wonder?

Well we have started to build the special spools for the Omega Reel. All I can say is... I really hope you guys and gals like this thing. It would be ok with me today if nobody liked the Omega Reel, but I just don't think that will be the case. Even though there is limited interest I believe in this Accessory and will continue to march towards the end until the project is complete. We are holding out hope for the bodies to arrive this week sometime and if they do then its just a hop, skip, and a jump to the finish line.

I have been PMed a bunch about a pre sale for the Omega Reel, and I just don't want to put the cart before the perverbile horse and do something premature like not having the product the best it can be. If our luck holds out we may be able to start selling the Omega Reels by the end of this week. Well that's pretty much the update and I will let everyone know when the bodies arrive. Once they are here.... look out! ha ha ha! LOL.
Looking forward to seeing this
I am definately up for one of these.
Todd Lassen also has a nice reel
[quote]
On 2007-11-13 17:14, titus590 wrote:
Todd Lassen also has a nice reel
[/quote]
Different type of reel for different use.

Rudy
The bodies arrived late today. We will start assembling the Omega Reels tomorrow. I will probably put these up for sale on Friday of this week. I will also send a few out to a few testors for their perusal. The kit is not available.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Nov 13, 2007 09:08PM)
[quote]
On 2007-11-13 20:12, Dmann wrote:
The bodies arrived late today. I will probably put these up for sale on Friday of this week.
[/quote]

Friday the 13th?

Sorry, I just watched the first 7 Friday the 13th movies at once. I'm still watching them. 4 more to go.
What I'm confused Friday is the 16th
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Nov 13, 2007 09:14PM)
It was a joke.
Nice... so maybe at the end of this week, nearly here then
Friday the 13th fell on Tuesday this month.
JPK
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Nov 14, 2007 03:00PM)
Really? Coincidence I watched those movies yesterday...
This is just to update any who may be interested in the Omega Reels progress. Well, we have really moved along with this and have about 100 or so built. These are just the reels not the Kits. So, we will take orders on the Omega Reel only and start delivering on Monday. As a special to Café Members if you say Café Member in the comment box of the check out we will send you the Silk Worm Clear that's ready to be inserted into the Omega Reel. This free offer is limited to the first 25 customers. The special will not be talked about on our site, you just tell us your a member and you get the extra spool of Silk Worm. I really hope that you all like the Omega Reel. I think it is the last Reel you will ever buy.
Although I have problem with the shipmnt in the past. Just can't resist to order one. Hopes that this time I am more lucky.

Looking forward for the kit soon as well
I put my order in and can't wait to try this out.
Excellent...
Any update on the full kits?
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Nov 15, 2007 10:11AM)
[quote]
On 2007-11-14 23:13, Dmann wrote:

I think it is the last Reel you will ever buy.
[/quote]

Unless you want to buy 2...
Will early purchasers be offered an opportunity to purchase the remaining contents of the kit (3 Spools of Silk Worm IET [black, Opaque, and clear], 1 extra internal elastic, Instructional DVD [Never before seen Effects and Instructions along with Repair Instructions], and 2 Bonus Accessories) when it becomes available?
Magiguy,
When the kit becomes avaialable there will be a supplimental kit for folks who just ordered the Omega Reel. In fact, it will be less expensive to order the Reel now and the Supplimental kit later, rather than paying full price for the full kit when its avaialable. The cost of the Kits will be determined once we have the Omega Reels launched. I hope that helps?
I love the effect "Spooked" by Nicholas Einhorn but I never liked using the ITRs from Sorcery because They never seem to retract all the way so you have this little tic tack "hanging" from the inside of your jacket. I had purchased additional Sorcery ITRs but always seem to have the same problem.

Enter a knock off reel....the thread was very visible but the "action" was reliable and if you understand Spooked you know that the thread is "camo'd" by your body, floor, etc. I used the knock off for a year(used multiple times per week) before it finally bit the dust. I have not been able to track down the same knock off reel...

Enter Mesika's spider pen. A wonderfull prop but you have to think about the battery power and every once in a while you hit the switch and it doesn't "activate". Also, using the Spider pen with Spooked I had to really "pull" to get the deck to begin the first part of the animation going.

Will the Omega solve these problems? I hope what I said above makes sense. If you know Spooked you will probably understand what I am talking about. Otherwise, please ask me for clarification and I will gladly do so. Thank you for your time all...
Hart Keene,
Your questions make perfect sense to me. I have been working with these things for a while and have found at least with my Omega Reel that the tension must be set correctly. If there is the dangly thing going on then slack must be taken up to prevent it. Will the Omega Reel eliminate the problem. I don't think it will eliminate it but it will make it more accessable to adjust tension. Hope that answers your questions? Remember this is sleightly larger than a U.S. Quarter.
Thanks Dave! I'm looking forward to receiving this.
[quote]
On 2007-11-15 13:10, Dmann wrote:
Remember this is sleightly larger than a U.S. Quarter.
[/quote]

And that is the actual "shape" of the reel as well?
No that's not the shape. And as important as the shape is its a Trade Secret at this point and I would rather not divulge its truth. Everyone will know soon enough. But it is tiny at One and One Fourth Inch.
Yep, and is apart of what makes this so good
I have only 12 more slots for the Special. If you want to take advantage I would urge you to act quickly.
Make that 11 Dmann

Can't wait till it arrives.
Actually that's 9 left sold a couple others as well.
5 to go and that's it.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Nov 17, 2007 12:12PM)
Can I have one of them?
Placed my order yesterday - I guess I will not regret it ;)
I don't see you regretting it... I think this is a real worker
Should I expect a confirmation e-mail? Because I ordered it several days ago and yet to hear anything back.
This has good potential in the fact that it has characteristics that I have never seen before in a thread reel.

Good Luck.
Hey Steve how is your project going? I look forward to seeing it.

Ok, I have sold the 25 Omega Reels with the Special. I have had so many people contact me about the special that I will extend it to any who purchase today Sunday the 18th. The cool part about the Special is, that you can't go wrong, two silk worms are the same price as the Omega Reel. If you already have some Silk Worm it will plug right into the Omega Reel.
Count me as a customer Dave. :)
Hard to resist getting this, since I needed a new ITR anyway, AND I was planning on getting the silk worm thread for loops. If the Omega Reel is as good as it sounds, it's a must-have.

But I'll be patient and wait until a few reviews come out. I know Mr. Mann is a reputable seller, but I'd like to hear others' thoughts. I also want to know whether the Omega Reel with silk worm will work well for tricks that normally use regular IT instead of IET (e.g. floating bill effects).
[quote]
On 2007-11-18 21:14, ashah wrote:
Hard to resist getting this, since I needed a new ITR anyway, AND I was planning on getting the silk worm thread for loops. If the Omega Reel is as good as it sounds, it's a must-have.

But I'll be patient and wait until a few reviews come out. I know Mr. Mann is a reputable seller, but I'd like to hear others' thoughts. I also want to know whether the Omega Reel with silk worm will work well for tricks that normally use regular IT instead of IET (e.g. floating bill effects).
[/quote]

Yes it does! Believe me, this one is beyond great.
You should get the 'works' kit with all the different colored I.E.T.s
for all the different lighting and backdrop conditions you might perform in.
You always have a slight wobble with a regular ITR. That particular motion does 'distract' slightly from the floating in mid-air illusion. I NEVER use a regular ITR for the floating bill effect. NEVER! I either use Mesika's Spider Pen or IET.
The most attractive point(s) about the Omega is that the IET is easy to exchange and doesn't depend on batteries. Plus, the dimensions of the housing are just right to hide the IET. Compare that to the other nearly humongeous reels out there...Where do you hide, for example, a BOSS reel? Especially in sunny California or Vegas, the mekka of conjurors in the States.
This baby get's my vote for one of the best acessories of the year.
All the Omega Reels will be shipping today on time. Everyone who ordered should receive a Confirmation of mailing sometime today. I hope all that purchased the Omega Reel won't be disappointed.
I am pretty sure that none will be disappointed, this sounds so promising.
Best,
Titanas
If you didn't receive your tracking number for the Omega Reel please notify me so we can rectify any problems. I don't know of any that didn't leave but, I want to be sure I have everyone covered. Hope everyone enjoys the Easter Holiday and their Omega Reels. I look forward to hearing your comments and feed back.
[quote]
On 2007-11-20 11:26, Dmann wrote: Hope everyone enjoys the Easter Holiday and their Omega Reels.
[/quote]

Hey thanks for the early Easter greeting but what about Thanksgiving and Christmas :)?
Rudy your the only one who was paying attention on that one. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice. LOL...
[quote]
On 2007-11-20 11:26, Dmann wrote:
If you didn't receive your tracking number for the Omega Reel please notify me so we can rectify any problems. I don't know of any that didn't leave but, I want to be sure I have everyone covered. Hope everyone enjoys the Easter Holiday and their Omega Reels. I look forward to hearing your comments and feed back.
[/quote]

Hey Dave, ive got today a email that my credit card has been billed (i had paid through paypal but that doesn't really matter).
There was just a product number id within this mail.
Does this number count as the tracking number too?

Greetings Jerry
Jerry,
When the postage is received by the post office a tracking number is issued. I noticed that the email confirmations from the post office are slow to arrive to their receivers. Jerry, yours and Rudys orders are definately gone and if you don't receive your tracking number by tomorrow just p.m. me as they have all been finished and mailed. Hope this helps?
I can hardly wait until some of you guys actually have your Omega Reels in hand. When you make something like this, no matter how sure you are about the idea you always wind up second guessing yourself and wondered if you did everything you could to make it a success. I believe I can say that I have done everything in my power to make this an item that you guys just might use. I honestly hope you all like it?
We should see a review or two today or tomorrow.
Im looking forward to seeing the reviews
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Nov 23, 2007 05:17PM)
I'll review it the day I get mine.
Reviews are in:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=235532&forum=109&start=90#14
Iv'e got one on the way to. I will review it went it gets here. I should have it tommorrow. I hope it works for me cause I use a lot of reels.
This was RUBBISH! Some places still sell it. DO NOT BUY IT!

It was reviewed on My Lovely Assistant:

http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/reviews/view/1338