(Close Window)
Topic: Hey guys honest crit would be nice...
The Riffle Stack is my favorite technique to practice. I once thought it impossible til I saw Darwin Ortiz do it years ago. This is a vid that was meant for the laymen, but the stack is there. I thought you all would give me the best advice as to how to improve it. Thanks in advance.
Griff
At this point it's invisible...

Maybe because there is no video it seems that way...but I'm not sure.
Sorry...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx_7ECowyJ0
For magic I think it's very good.
I agree with Mr. Z.; great for magic.

It's funny...

After all that practice riffle stacking and blind shuffling, a layman commented that he thinks the "move" at 1:03 was the best. It makes you think...
Thank you for the comments guys. Yeah Clock, that cracked me up too...
Griff
Its very good but I think the ace production should be snappier, considering that the shuffles themselves need some time.

Gil Scott
I actually enjoyed the video...it reminded me of how I stacked when I was in my 20s.

My 4 card/4 shuffle stack still looks similar...but, today I tray to make the shuffles look less controlled and more casual.

Steve Forte's shuffles look VERY natural and almost haphazard ... that is what I believe people should strive for.

Keep up the good work !
Thanks guys for the comments. Gadfly, you are right about the productions. I actually kind of add lib the productions normally. Expertmagician, thank you for the compliment. I agree that I look a little stiff during the stack. I will work more on that...actually, I kind of pushed myself to stack for 6 hands. I normally stack for 5 in my demos. Thanks again guys.
Griff