(Close Window)
Topic: First Routine In 12 Years
Did my first routine in almost 12 years. Had planned to do four tricks; Professor's Dilema, Blank Cards, Linking Rings, and Mischevious Balls to close our tryout for children's ministers as a church. Ended up (due to time constraints) not doing the rings or Professor's Dilema. I also added a flash paper effect that really brought the "oooh's". All in all, it was pretty successful, and the kids really enjoyed it. Really looking forward to getting to do more.
Keep up the good work...
Wendon, Congratulations, What made you get back into performing again? Will you be performing just at church or other programs as well. Also, what made you stop performing Magic in the first place?

Rodney
Wendon,

Let me add my congratulations, too. I began doing magic as a young boy and did some shows in high school. Work got in the way, and I got away from magic. When I was in my 30s, I met a man who was a magician, and he got me involved in magic again. Despite his inspiration and mentorship, it has taken nearly 10 years to put in me in the mindset of doing paid performances.

I would encourage you to continue to perform. One of my biggest problems was the ebbing and flowing of my confidence. At times, I thought I had the talent and ability to do shows, and then there were the periods of doubt.

Keep your positive momentum going forward, and don't be like me and allow doubt to tarnish a good thing.

Bobby