(Close Window)
Topic: Snowstorm Music
Hi all,

I've been busy getting my new Christmas act ready and am looking for ideas for music for Snowstorm. I will be doing the standard fan version as I can't get my hands on a KJ stool or similar. Its background music I'm after really as I've written my own story to go with it, although the volume will raise at the end for the main storm. Any ideas anybody?

Thanks in advance...

Mark

BTW, I know all the ins and outs of paying royalties and licensing.
Hi Mark,
I am currently using Kevin's Snow Animator II and the music that is most commonly used is Danny Elfman's - Edward Sizzorhands soundtrack.
Hope this helps,
Ste
Ste,

Thanks for your help. I have the film on video somewhere. I'll try and route it out and have a listen. Any more ideas are welcome too!

Mark
Hi Mark,

There's an original song on my Sonic Sorcery CD entitled "Dreams of Wonder", which might be a lovely accompaniment to Snowstorm. The song is actually a FREE download this month on my website, in case you'd like to check it out...

Happy Conjuring!

Steve Saunders
"The Conjuror's Composer"
http://www.Sleight-of-Sound.com
[quote]
On 2007-11-10 17:23, Stephen Williams wrote:
Hi Mark,
I am currently using Kevin's Snow Animator II and the music that is most commonly used is Danny Elfman's - Edward Sizzorhands soundtrack.
Hope this helps,
Ste
[/quote]

Stephen, are you refering to the main theme or another track from the movies sound track?

Lyndel
Hi Lyndel,
The music I use is called The Grand Finale, you can listen to it here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MeerK4awKtY
Sorry about not making myself clearer.
Thanks,
Ste
I used to use a song from how the grinch stole christmas

Its track 15 on the cd but you should only use the first minute or so.

Best
Brandon
I have been using the Grand Finale (Track 15 - Edward Scissorhands). It is the same one that Copperfield and Kevin James uses. I have been searching for something different, but the timing of the music fits my routine perfectly.
I use an instrumental orchestra piece. "Let it Snow" for all my Christmas shows. I use the KJ Snow Animator Gift Box. The music and props works well for me.
I just recently preformed the snowstorm illusion at a college in Daytona and I used the same music that Copperfield uses. I searched and tried a lot of music but I still find that's the best.
Look to the non-traditional when looking for "Snowstorm" music. A few years back I finished a 12 minute routine with "Snowstorm in China" and used the intro music from "How the West Was Won"...of course the last several minutes were devoted to a western motif.

FWIW

Cheers! ;)
For a wile I toyed with using the Top Gun theme song. That worked out well it just didn't fit what I was going to be doing that night.
I've used "White Christmas" for years.
Snowstorm Christmas Music, The music I am currently using in my Christmas Shows is "Believe" from The Polar Express. It is a great track and it goes really well with my short story and then the Snowstorm.

Rodney
"Believe" is a great piece. I may switch in the future.
My version is very emotional and the music I fits perfectly-but it does work with many different styles. The piece is called "To the stars" from the movie Dragonheart. Copperfield uses it in "Portal" (I was first but cant make any claims, such a different effect! LOL).

You can find here:

http://www.tonyko.com/_MP3s/music.asp?type=O#
OK, I decided to play it safe. I used Grand Finale of Edward Scissorhands this afternoon and it went down a (snow) storm!

Thanks everyone for your input

Mark
Ok...I gotta chime in caused I just stumbled across some music that would be great and I am going to begin using it this year. The song is called "First Snowfall" by Micheal W. Smith. It is intramental and has some very natural cues for a snowstorm routine built into the score. Wish I could find a preview link...I got it on iTunes.

Hope you like,
Dorian
First Snowfall is very pretty. I like it, but personally need a bit more volume at the end.
"Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow"