(Close Window)
Topic: Just bought Ring Flight.... Need Help!
Hi Guys, as the title suggests, I've just bought my Ring Flight... I cant see how you can get away with the "Flight" process, any time I've tried it its made a loud noise as it went around my body and usually it visibly moved some of my clothing.

And another question if a may, is there any good methods of covering putting the ring on the hook? I seen a guy do it before and he was good but it just looked blatant.

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions but I believe in asking them in order to make the effect as best I can.

Thanks
Message: Posted by: Mediocre the Great (Nov 23, 2007 09:49AM)
Ring Flight takes some time to really master well.

First off, the quality of your R**l will make a difference on the sound. Hopefully yours is a good one. With a good one, youíll hear the noise in a very quiet room, but under normal performing situations (such as a party or a restaurant) it wonít be heard. As for your clothing moving around, well, keep practicing and make adjustments. Youíll figure it out.

Some clips are better than others too. Do a search and youíll probably find some good suggestions. The unit I have was bought at the Magic Castle Swap meet and was recommended by Billy McComb. I donít really know who made it. Lots of practice will minimize the fumbling. The quicker and easier you can get it on the less it will be noticed. You have lots of natural misdirection because you can talk about the ring as you examine it. It's quite natural to fiddle with a ring in your hands as you to talk. Just work it in to your patter in a natural way and you can easily over time it takes to attach the ring to the clip.

Finally I would recommend you get your hands on Bruce Cervonís book, "Ultra CervonĒ You will find his handling to be exquisite. I particularly like his handling of the vanish of the ring. It really looked magical in his hands.

This trick is worth the investment in time it takes to perfect. Thereís a reason itís a classic.
Thanks Rich, its definately a classic. I'll put the time into it for sure (although I'd love to perform it at my gig tommorrow night) and I'll post whatever findings I come up with it here.
Just IN Case has solved all those problems. Also look up Mike Close's RING FRIGHT, also a good one. You can hide the clip under a piece of flash paper, and as you pretend to wrap ring in the paper you push it thru and onto clip underneath.
Pete... You're a genious... I'm going to try that the second I get off the net. THANK YOU!!!
Dan Fleshman's Ring and String Routine with Ring Flight ending is pretty awesome. He gave a lecture at our local ring a few years ago and had everyone laughing during his routine. Nice kicker ending too! Unless you have good insurance, I would stay away from using women's rings with stones unless you don't mind paying for losing one (that has always scared me and has made me reluctant to do this effect). You can find it on his DVD Restaurant Magic of Dan Fleshman Vol 1 or on L and L's World's Greatest Magic Finger Ring Magic DVD. I was able to learn the routine from his lecture notes and presentation at the club meeting.
Rolly
Yes, I agree ! Brilliant idea Pete !
I gave up. I now use the Morielli ring flight.

Jim
Give me your email, I will send photos of my hook, this will make you very easy and faster to hook the ring..

CC
The flash paper wrap was shown to me by Finn Jon
Track down Danny Tong's DVD with his Ring Flight in it. Not only is the routine brilliant but he describes his method of rigging up the device to avoid the banging.
On the topic, I'm curious as to how many of you have had problems with people claiming you damaged their ring? I was very interested in purchasing ring flight a while ago, but someone turned me off saying it's too dangerous to perform with something so valuable.

-Dylan
Ringer by Steve Dusheck no sleeves or jacket requiredmand no pulls or reels
no noise problems and is a instant repete,,ringer can be performed using any sise or shape ring......

the godfather
I cover the noise with talk. I also replaced my reel with a very quiet ID badge reel. I took it apart and added a grommet that I had powdercoated. The powdercoating cost more than the darn reel.
I second Steve Duschek's Ringer. Simple to use, easy to carry, no rollercoaster ride around the body and it is always set to go. If someone hands you a ring and says, "Do something with this." you can go straight away. I changed the handling for the load and I can show my hand empty as I go in for it. I can then show the ring is on it. The other important thing to consider is that gets great reactions from people.

I'm not sure if Steve is still selling them though.
Steve's [url=http://www.stevedusheck.com/contact.htm]website[/url] says no, he is not ....
It never happened to me that I damaged a spectator's ring... But I always choose a ring with no stone...
Several fols have told horror stories about damaging rings. Someone also mentioned doing this on a cruise ship and watching the ring roll of the deck and into the ocean.

I once saw someone do a ring flight starting with a bunch of loose hooks and saying that he always had problems with the hooks coming loose, tossing them onto the table. He picked one up and clipped the borrowed ring onto the hook, then proceeded as you normally might.
[quote]
On 2008-02-09 20:38, marty.sasaki wrote:
Several fols have told horror stories about damaging rings. Someone also mentioned doing this on a cruise ship and watching the ring roll of the deck and into the ocean.

[/quote]

OUCH!!!! This REALLY hurts...
In my now out of print booklet [i]The Edge Of The Stage[/i] I offered a routine using the Ring Flight gimmick with a borrowed HOUSE KEY.

This not only prevents you from having to worry about damage to a lady's ring, but allows for a nice "repeat" of the effect each time they open the door to their house, because you assure them the key "almost never" looses any of it's teeth when it rematerializes.

So they wonder... when they try the key in the door...
Sounds a very good idea! This gives me a new way of thinking... Thanks for sharing!
I beleive steve dusheck is in the process of getting some new (slightly different) ones made up
once he has enough stock they will go up on his site in the next few months.........
Can any help me with morelli ring flight please ????
instruction seem confusing plus not sure gimmick locking correctly
pm please as not wanting to tip mechanism in open forum
maybe its something I am doing wrong?
Sorted it thanks guys