(Close Window)
Topic: How to not loose half dollars
I had like 8 half dollars but they all seemed to disappear, but not when I want them to, and I can never find them.

Anyone else have this problem, and how do you get over it??
As a smart person once said...
"A place for everything and everything in it's place!"

Good luck. Mark. :spinningcoin:
Yup, I keep them in a coin purse in one of my magic cases. When I'm through practicing or performing, they go right back there.
They always go back to where they came from. I have a different type of purse for each of my coin tricks.

I can recognize the trick from the purse.
I keep all my half dollars in a zip lock bag. I think magicians are the only ones who even have half dollars any more.

I have trouble with 100 dollar bills disappearing (I suspect my wife has something to do with it).

Jim
Hey Jim it looks like both of our wives learned the disappearing 100 dollar bill trick.
How many of us have spent a scotch and soda? or a dime-and-penny?

argh!
I keep all my coins in my coin purse. It's great because there's a place for them.

PLUS if you want to use the coins impromptu there's a line that I use from Bill Malone's videos "I do feel pretty uncomfortable in the man's clothes, but at least I have my purse on me."

Gets great laughs.

Fraser
So a coin purse it is, thanks guys
Please don't loose the coin purse :)
I'd like to recommend a small snap lock coin purse as well. It's much more difficult to lose something larger and helps give you a specific place to organize your coins. Best,
I had all my dbl headed coins on my desk and my wife tipped the Chinese food delivery guy with the quarters.
I keep my half-dollars in a small cardboard knife box in my drawer. When I'm done with them, I put them back.
Sk8er:

Be sure to get a whole change purse. Don't get one of those that just has the top frame.

Jim
Well you could always change to silver dollars. Then you don't have to worry about losing half dollars.

Seriously I carry my coins in a small zip lock bag. I always carry around a pair of silver dollars to play with as well as a pair of jumbo coins. Just handling them during the day has made me better able to use the coins in effects, although I have a long way to go.