(Close Window)
Topic: I love the electric company
This morning my phone rang at 8:05 am it was the electric company telling me that my electric bill will be due in 4 days, not late mind you but due. I was in the shower at the time, and I ran out to pick up the phone, because that is the time of day that my agent usually calls. I would have had some choice words for the electric company, but it was a recorded message to remind me that my electric bill was almost due. I love the electric company.
From your post, I take away the message that you usually shower when you are expecting a call from your agent. Seems a little odd to me. Does the thought of your agent calling make you feel dirty or something?
Al...that is odd but a couple years ago my elec company, the evil PG and E, did the same thing during the holidays. My question is if your agent calls at that time why were you in the shower? Is it you really like talking to the agent buck naked and the shower gives you an excuse? We got'sa know Al!
Penn says he once read a book that said "Have the upperhand, always know something that the person on the other end of the phone doesn't know"

So he would make deals over the phone, nude while wearing a donkey hat.

Brett.
[quote]
On 2007-12-06 18:36, Freak Prodigy wrote:
Penn says he once read a book that said "Have the upperhand, always know something that the person on the other end of the phone doesn't know"

Brett.
[/quote]

Too much information. Especially when I am about to eat dinner. THANKS! :rolleyes:

Best,

Tim
Yes Brett, you could have left the donkey hat out!
If you must know my agent doesn't call me every morning, but I do dirve my wife to work every mornung at 9:00 am the reason why I drive my wife to work is because she insists that I drive her to work, and buy her coffee before I go back home to goof off untill I pick her up at 5:00 pm.
It is odd the parts of a post that folk focus on, isn't it Al?

I was trying to figure out why they would call you to tell you the bill isn't late. Was the guy lonely? Maybe he just wanted someone to talk to. Possibly he wasn't from the E.C. at all, and an undercover spy with cameras all over your house, who knew you were in the shower and just wanted to see you get out.....
My wife made me drive her to work also....

When PG and E did it I asked (I knew the customer service manager there from Home Depot....long story) and he said that people often forget to pay or don't have the money cuz they spent it on holiday stuff and then they have over dues and people can't pay the higher 'we stick it to our customers in Winter' bills in January etc.. They only did it one year cuz many were, like Al, not happy with the call.

My favorite thing like that was a guy I knew who got a call from a credit card company, this was several years ago, telling him he didn't have enough in his checking to pay the bill and asking how he was going to pay them. Note he wasn't giving a bad check, he had not paid them yet and he moved money from his credit union account to a checking account to cover bills. He was very angry they were looking at his acount and quit both the card company and the bank.
OK..my turn now.

Years back I used to pay my cable bill 6 months at a time. Just to clarify ... that's not after I have watched 6 months of cable but I paid 6 months in advance.

3 months into the 6 months I received a bill for the next 6 months. As I was still 3 months away from the end of my first 6 months I ignored it. A month later I got a late notice on that same bill that had been issued for the NEXT 6 months. Within weeks I received a disconnection notice from the cable company. I called them and they told me I was scheduled to be disconnected that very day. I asked the cable rep how they could disconnect me when I was still prepaid for another 45 days?

After some humming and hawing they finally backed off. I switched to satellite when my 45 days was up. LOL

Best,

Tim
[quote]
On 2007-12-06 18:36, Freak Prodigy wrote:

Brett.
[/quote]

I don't think I will be able to eat for a week.
Josh
The electric company hates us because we had a high effecency heat pump installed last Summer, we had the house wrapped in Tyvek before we put up new siding, we also replaced all the light bulbs in the house with flourescent high effeciency bulbs our electric consumption is down by 60% and they just hate us. I suspect we will get a phone call tomorrow morning to inform me that our itsy bitsy electric bill will be due in three more @#$% days.
What's funny is the local electric company loves it when we conserve energy (Hydroelectric here, mostly). What we don't use they can sell for a substantial increase to the suckers in California and such.

But power conservation probably isn't the most pressing issue with these power companies. You tell me if they call again, I know a guy.
And here I thought we were gonna have a blast yappin' about the PBS kids show The Electric Company...

"Hey you Guuuuys!!!"

Spiderman was my favorite part!
[quote]
On 2007-12-06 20:55, johnnymystic wrote:
And here I thought we were gonna have a blast yappin' about the PBS kids show The Electric Company...

"Hey you Guuuuys!!!"

Spiderman was my favorite part!
[/quote]

That's what I thought, too! My favorite one was "Silent E"
My favorite comic strip is Dilbert. You do the math. :)
Call your electric company back and tell them the payment is almost in the mail.
They were just exercising their ... power.
Tom & Kregg
The utilities are big brother, if they can strike fear in your heart their job is done.

I got my phone bill last September that had $55 in long distance charges on it, so I called my cable company and ended a 41 year relationship with the phone company. I now get my local calls, unlimited long distance to the US & Canada, and 12 other functions that I don't even understand all for one flat rate. I'm saving $40 a month for high speed modem, cable TV, and phone from the cable company.
Ahhh..johnnymystic.. I was going to say that!!
I used to love the Electric Company.

Randi