(Close Window)
Topic: Kinda My First Show!
I was with my brother at his work, practicing tricks when he asked me to perform for his friends. I agreed because he bought me this cool black-rider bicycle deck! :)

Anyway, I did the revolver (revolution) then the 4-ace force-a-card, then a few coin vanishes and a cool prediction card trick I kind of designed.

In the end there were over 10 people watching and overall I did pretty good.

But my legs were SHAKING.
Bravo! Those legs will stop shaking over time as you become more confident, so don't fret. The important thing is that you found the guts to perform for a audience, even a small one, for the first time. Best wishes for your future in magic!
Congratulations!
When I first performed, it was no big deal,

but when I performed for my friends, holy crap my hands were shaking so much. they still kind of do, but it's getting better.
Well your legs may never stop shaking, but they will reach a point where you won't notice. You are doing great, just keep it up.
Welcome to the wonderful world of doing your first routines for folks that are not family, etc.! Magic is much more fun when it is shared.....Bravo,
Thanks guys! Ya, doing tricks for your family and friends is one thing, but random people who are 10 years older than you...
Way to go! Keep up the good work.

Mark. :applause:
It will become easier the more you do it. To relieve the nervousness, I sort of get into a performing mode. I give myself a few seconds, a switch is somewhat turned, and I am someone different that the normal me.
Congratulations.

Also interesting name. Any semblance to the network protocol analyzer?
I've always found it easier to perform for strangers than friends or family.
Well done-
your journey into the magic world of performing has begun

Keep it up!!
I agree with Apodoca. Performing for strangers is usually easier than for friends and family. In any case, it's always good to get those initial jitters out of the way.
Thanks for the support guys!
Hi Ethereal,

I found it useful to write down a list of effects to perform for a short show,
because the first few times I did one I'd forget what I did, or what I could do :)
Also, that helps you avoid things that *you* know are different, but that
non-magicians would think are the same effect.

Stan
Great Work! Just keep it up! the more experience the Better for you!
Message: Posted by: The Amazing Noobini (Jan 7, 2008 09:55AM)
This story put me in a good mood! I think you will do well out there. It's lucky that your legs are the shaking parts since you don't (presumably) do magic with them. With me it's the hands. :)
Good job! I remember my first time performing, scared to death that I might mess up and shaking and that was only in front of 10 people. After that it just keeps getting easier. Good luck in the future!

Zach