(Close Window)
Topic: Starting a tour
I was just throwing this question out for anyone interested in assisting me. I was wondering what steps you take to start a "tour". I am not talking like national tour but rather like state-wide or a little larger. What do you do, what do you consider, do you have to sell the tickets or will theaters, all and any info would be greatly appreciated... :swordbasket:
Josh, this is a broad question. My best advice is to work for someone that's already doing a tour. I've worked for Brett Daniels and performed in the Zigmont tour. And you really learn what to do as well as what not to do. There are magicians up your way that tour all the time.
Try Geoffrey Ronnings Service Club Program. It will give you the lowdown on the questions you are asking: http://www.stagehypnosiscenter.com/service.htm
I agree with the other guys - having done both national and state wide tour as well as a 45 day run in Asia - there are a boat load of things to consider and the show is not even half the battle.

Depending upon what you are planning on doing ( What type of show ) changes everything , transportation, hotels, expenses, crew, luggage, meals, theaters, consumables, unions,load-ins, load-outs, promoters, agents, media, blah, blah, blah
It "ain't" easy - but then again if it were - EVERYONE would be doing it !

Good luck and feel free to e-mail me with
any questions.
[quote]
On 2003-08-31 22:48, MagicalPirate wrote:
Try Geoffrey Ronnings Service Club Program. It will give you the lowdown on the questions you are asking: http://www.stagehypnosiscenter.com/service.htm

[/quote]

Here is a quote from the above site "There are very few true truths in life."

!!!!
Hi Nicholas,

A couple of years ago, I went on tour of Australia and New Zealand with Chuck Jones and Shimada.

Chuck has done the "World Festival of Magic" tour every year between September and December. You should look it up! What part of Australia are you from?