(Close Window)
Topic: Torch to rose for beginner?
The topic is pretty much the question. Is the [i]Torch to Rose[/i] bad for a beginner?
The only marketed version I've ever seen produced a cruddy looking fake rose, don't buy that one. Nothing quite says *tacky* like a fake rose that smells like burning cotton or lighter fluid.

I'd say this one might not be all that great for beginners.

I can think of 5 ways off-hand to produce a similar effect with a real rose that do not include buying anything besides flash paper. And I'm sure you can too if you give it some thought.
Thank you very much!
I`ll try to find out a way as you said.
On the flicking fingers video, a nice real rose production is taught. There is one item you need in order to perform it and it is nothing you cannot find around the house.

Like Gaddy mentioned, you can just add some flash paper and vanish the cane and you're done.

-Matt
Thanks!
:xmas:
Depends also on your age. A six or seven year old playing with fire is not recommended!
As Jardini said, if you're under the age of 18, I wouldn't recommend it. If you are over 18 (or very mature), as everyone else said, buy one in which the rose looks very close to real. You don't want to turn a torch into a fake-looking, tacky rose.
Thank you!

I'm just 12. (Always honest on my age.)

"You don't want to turn a torch into a fake-looking, tacky rose."

Or a lit torch into to lit rose. :lol:
Magic, at your age, I wouldn't do fire. Magic, who do you mainly preform for? Your friends, adults, kids? For a beginner, start of with card tricks and coin tricks. I highly recommend Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. You can find it online, and on Penguin it's only 9.95$! Once you progress into magic, then consider doing fire magic. But remember, it's dangerous and can go south very fast.
Oh, don't forget to buy books and DVDs, practice in front of mirrors, and video tape yourself practising. Books and DVDs sometimes are better than one prop.
I haven't performed yet.
I just wanted to know if it was good or not. (No harm in knowledge.)
I'm gonna buy some books very soon. [i]Wilson's Course[/i] and [i]Now You See It, Now You Don't[/i].
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Jan 3, 2008 08:26PM)
Torch to Rose is a [i]stage[/i] effect. It's not something you would want to perform standing next to someone because the rose is obviously fake at that range and it's not examinable. If you're just starting out, study Mark Wilson's [i]Complete Course in Magic[/i]. I wish I had it when I was starting out! And you can get it autographed and direct from the source [url=http://www.markwilsonmagic.com]here[/url].
I'm most interested in stage magic. Does the Mark Wilson course cover that?
Magic do you enjoy performing for adults , or kids ? or perhaps your own ages , teenagers?