(Close Window)
Topic: OK, what did you get?
Apparently I was good this year, because I got T.A. Waters' "Mind, Myth and Magic"!
I got 'Mind, Myth and Magic' as welll :)

I also got 'the brook test' and 'The Ogham and the universal truth of the trees' by Suzanne La Cour and Dean Montalbano.

Merry Christmas All!
Digitus medius
Apparently, I wasn't very good this year.
I'm never good, any year
Ok, honestly, how many of you get around 2-3 packages a week all year round with our spouses ready to strangle us? Santa likely thinks we got more than enough!!! the key is to get a great gift for the spouse to allow the Cthulhoid elves to continue to due Cthulhumas all year round....
Well, I didn't get any magic, either. But I did get a DVD of Neil Gaiman's [i]Mirror Mask[/i] movie, which I love*, and a book on weapons (another interest). Oh, not to forget: a bottle of good scotch and a bottle of sherry. How about some computer goodies and a gift card for the bookstore?

*It will have a place of honor alongside [i]Labyrinth[/i] and [i]Pan's Labyrinth[/i].

Bill
I got a rock.
I got GIN.

Guess my family wants to keep me happy and working.

J ack
[quote]
On 2007-12-25 18:44, Mark Raven wrote:
Apparently, I wasn't very good this year.
[/quote]
Yeah you were, yer Witch book is shipping this week, merry X-Mas, well.. Merry New Year

I snaked a deal on ebay. Made one bid with 10 seconds to go after watching the item for 5 days.
Other bidders must have freaked.

It was sweet. Yeah I'm a sick puppy.
Oh, well. . . I was good after all.

You're right, Bruce, the elves were very good earlier. I was refering to our annual Christmas family brawl that makes me remember why I don't like holidays so much. Family. . . can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em. ARRRGH!

Mirrormask is wonderful and with Pan's Labyrinth and Labyrinth makes a nice set of movies, doesn't it?
Message: Posted by: The Feegee Mermaid (Dec 26, 2007 02:46AM)
Ouija board
Crucifix Fish
Stuffed Cane Toad
Phrenology Bust
Deformed Alligator Head
A few sideshow books

A pretty good christmas :)
A bag full of switches.

tcb
A nice bottle of scotch and Bill Madsen's [i]The New Jinx[/i]. That's my Boxing Day sorted.

Harry.
[quote]
On 2007-12-26 04:11, Bizarrist wrote:
A bag full of switches.

tcb
[/quote]

Ha! When I was a kid, I was told that misbehavior resulted in a bag of switches. To me at the time "switches" meant electric switches, and I thought that would be a great Christmas present.

Bill
My long awaited Witches Almanac. Thank you Santa Roth :)
Al Stanger's Poker Machine (gift to self). Not bizarre, but extremely cool. And Mark, you've got something else arriving sometime in the near future, signed by the Messiah himself. :)
Jim, you just made my day!!!! No my year!!! Thanks!!

Mark
I got My canes and candles book .
A horse book
A radio controlled helikopter, clothes and candy.
+700 kr ca 140 dollar????
To use in magic.
I not gonna buy and buy.
Just the tricks props wich fits my character
A lot of stuff that should be coming in soon. Hopefully, my Outlaw stuff will be shipping this week or next. I did get a cool Kit Rae knife for my collection though. Clothes...etc.

Alton
Message: Posted by: The Feegee Mermaid (Dec 26, 2007 07:25PM)
I almost got a gaff flying horned squirrel from ebay, but couldn't get it into the country.
A GPS.
A giant glass mushroom,A bottle of absinthe,an air compressor,and a visit from a belly dancer.
[quote]
On 2007-12-26 14:03, AltonThrash wrote:
Hopefully, my Outlaw stuff will be shipping this week or next.

[/quote]

Man that was creepy. Got my Sanctum 2 and Relic ring in yesterday right after I posted. HO HO HO Thanks St. Rick! Now for S3 and the Witch book

AT
I got,
Sanctum 2
Triple Threat Wallet
Heirloom Bonus Pack
Heirloom Wallet
A new carry around case for my props.

After Christmas
Reflections <-- soon to be here!!! YES

And my wife asking me "What happend to the days when you made your own effects."
hehe
I got both volumes of the Compleat Invocation, but the best is yet to come:

Michael Fraughton agreed to create one of his remarkable Zodiac Charts for me so I can finally perform the Curator's "Zodiac" from Capricornian Tales in grand style.

Happy day!
I got a Squirmel... one of those wiggly worm thingees... only the person who gave it to me had no idea what it was... just that it was some kind of magic trick and she knew I liked magic. So, of course, I announced that it had arrived dead and didn't she know she was supposed to keep it fed? She got sad at that, so of course I had to bring it back to life by giving it worm CPR. When it started running around my hands, she totally freaked out and spilled her drink. What a great bizarre gift!
[quote]
On 2007-12-27 12:51, Andre Hagen wrote:
I got both volumes of the Compleat Invocation, but the best is yet to come:

Michael Fraughton agreed to create one of his remarkable Zodiac Charts for me so I can finally perform the Curator's "Zodiac" from Capricornian Tales in grand style.

Happy day!
[/quote]

Man your going to be one happy camper when you get it. Michael did a FANTASTIC job on mine. I don't know if he has gotten with you the last couple of days but his computer video card went out so he doesn't have access to his e-mail yet. His charts are worth every penny. If you don't have his book, you may want to put it on your "list of things to get". Its a great book that will make you think! He is putting me a spirit glass together after reading his routine. The method caught my eye.

Alton
I got the DVD box set of HEROES and PAN'S LABYRINTH from my son. I also got a PSP and have been loading it up with pictures, music, and some videos.

I picked up an inexpensive keychain digital picture frame. It holds 60 pictures, can be set up to show them in a slide show or one at a time at the push of the button. There are several prediction routines I'll use this in. Plus I get to show off more pictures fo the grandson. :)

BTW: Egregor, I hope you liked the dance. Just wait to see the new moves I'll have come your birthday!

:cucumber:

Tony
Alton, I've been using Michael's Spirit Glass in every one of our seances since I got it. It's now one of my favorite seance effects. Simple, elegant and the sitters take it so seriously and love asking their own questions.
Another gift arrived in the mail today: A signed copy of Eugene Poinc's The Practitioner: Journeys Into Grey. Started reading it already -- holy **** it's good!
Thank you for the feedback regarding the glass Prof. I am looking forward to the moment it hits my door step.

Alton
[quote]
On 2007-12-27 17:53, Prof. Pabodie wrote:
Alton, I've been using Michael's Spirit Glass in every one of our seances since I got it. It's now one of my favorite seance effects. Simple, elegant and the sitters take it so seriously and love asking their own questions.
Another gift arrived in the mail today: A signed copy of Eugene Poinc's The Practitioner: Journeys Into Grey. Started reading it already -- holy **** it's good!
[/quote]

Gene did not sign copies of the book (with the exception of maybe Walt's copy). He did however send a card with his signature to those who requested it.

Tony
I used the bookstore card my son gave me and got:

two books on unsolved mysteries,
a book on Chinese astrology,
a book about how to read and write Egyptian heiroglyphs,
[i]The Vampire Hunter's Handbook[/i], which might work as a prop,
and a 14 cassette audio book of Neil Gaiman's [i]American Gods[/i], which I have not read.

There was a Jack the Ripper book that I did not buy. I think I will go back tomorrow and buy it!

And yes, I am a sucker for bargain books!

Bill
Great finds!
Tony, you put the BELLY in belly dancing.
Tony, you are absolutely right. There is a signed card inside the book; the book itself is not signed. And did I say: holy **** this is a great book!?
[quote]
On 2007-12-28 02:37, Prof. Pabodie wrote:
Tony, you are absolutely right. There is a signed card inside the book; the book itself is not signed. And did I say: holy **** this is a great book!?
[/quote]

Yes, too bad we will never see the other 2 volumes, even though they were completed before his passing. :(

egregor
I put the belly into belly dancing. Don't get me started on pole dancing...
[quote]
On 2007-12-28 09:23, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

egregor
I put the belly into belly dancing. Don't get me started on pole dancing...
[/quote]

LOL!
My wife got me a Telekinetic Timber and I got her "Hauntiques". We're both happy.

Jeb
I got nuthin'.. well, nothing magical, anyway. .. except maybe the $25 gift card for Borders books, that could come in handy.
[quote]
On 2007-12-28 23:24, Mystician wrote:
I got nuthin'..
[/quote]

the digitus medius!!! this should be a title of a book! lol
Gene signed my copy on the inside cover : To good FRiend Ron; one of thetruly creative minds in magic. Unleash the light.
Warmly Eugene Poinc 10-18-00

I treasure my copy

Kotah
[quote]
On 2007-12-29 10:09, pkg wrote:
[quote]
I got nuthin'..
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol.. I got nuthin, not [url=http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2360]Nothing[/url]. ;)
[quote]
On 2007-12-30 01:17, Mystician wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-12-29 10:09, pkg wrote:
[quote]
I got nuthin'..
[/quote]

[/quote]

lol.. I got nuthin, not [url=http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2360]Nothing[/url]. ;)
[/quote]
DOH!
I had 2 christmas' this year, one in L.A. and the other in Oklahoma where I am visiting my Mum for a couple of months.

I got $50 Barnes & Noble.

$50 visa card

$240 in cash money which I spent on...

Witches Almanac, Relections and the U.K. Trilogy, from Outlaw which I don't have yet ( the 20% off was a real bonus, thanks Rick ) I am a newbie to the outlaw posse and cannot sleep properly due to the overwhelming excitement that consumes me - I have woken up between the hours of 3 and 4am EVERYDAY since I ordered Witches - SERIOUS!!!

I can't wait to see what the new year will bring...
The moving finger writes, and having writ...NUTHIN!
First of all I got this place, the Magic Café. I have been interested in magic especially mentalism for many years now and had never thought to check for online groups. I can't believe how large this community is!

What I got:

-- Pure Effect - Derren Brown

-- Mitox - Phill Smith

-- On Mephistos Shoulder - Paul Brook

-- The Brook Test - Paul Brook

-- Beyond ESP2 - Michael Murray

-- Mental Yarn - Bill Goldman

That will keep me busy for the coming month I guess.

Dr.J
Welcome Dr. J.

Alton
Yes we have been waiting for you Dr J.

You'll also find a lot of material trawling through backposts on these forums. There are some amazing minds here on the Café... We are very lucky to have them...

Welcome...
Hi Alton, thanks for the welcome :)

I am really looking forward to getting stuck in here and sharing my thoughts.

Dr.J
Thanks Silvertongue, I posted my last message as you were posting yours, so wasn't able to respond.

My head is buzzing with the amount of topics that there seem to be; ever feel like a kid in a candy shop?

Dr.J
[quote]
On 2007-12-31 07:37, Dr.J.Jameson wrote:
Hi Alton, thanks for the welcome :)

I am really looking forward to getting stuck in here and sharing my thoughts.

Dr.J
[/quote]

Yep I crossed over to the dark side after coming in here for a halloween type magic effect. The kid in a candy store feeling is what lured/lures me back. I found a whole new side to magic.

Alton
The egift amazon.com card I got in a work party grab bag will be put to bizarre use.

My sister found a really cool tribal skull mask (w/ a hairpiece attached that serves as the method for wearing the mask)as well as some unique hot sauces.

Lastly, the gift came earler this month in the form of signed contracts, but it won't be delivered until Candlemas: we got an expanded viewing market that will now put us in a total of about 500,000 homes. Hopefully, more on this gift later.

Chris
My wife got me an ipod, a BOZE system for the ipod, a nice watch, and a BBQ grill set...but no magic this Christmas.
I just graduated with a B.A. in mass communication and money is a little tight but this year if I can persuade my wife I am going to get a complete 'zibit show together with Higley's help.

Maybe I could do something with the grill set.

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone!! -JAlenS-
I came across a Wii and bought it and my wife said "Merry Christmas" if that counts! :)

Other than that I got a Barnes and Noble gift card and a nice tool set for the house.
I got a coconut!
Guess I missed Christmas Still waiting for mine!
No magic....boo-hoo. Garmin GPS, 12-bottle wine refer, indoor r/c helicopter, skull hand grips for my 07 Harley Deuce, clothes and $250.....that's where the magic purchasing will come from.
I got Hauntiques , Sankey's Revolutionary Card Magic, several assorted card decks and a ruptured disk. Unfortunately some things you can't re-gift.
Model and Add-on for DAZ Studio
V for Vendetta Guy Fawkes mask
DVD of the 1954 sci-fi film, "Gog"
Cannon Inspectable Sight-Unseen Combination Lock Hasp
I got a Book of Revelations from Lebanon Circle, really cool.
Okay, I must confess, since no one got me any magic this year, I ordered a Higley Mer for myself. Consider me one lucky and excited boy.