(Close Window)
Topic: I am boycotting new years shows.
I have not performed New Years shows since 2000. It's a boycott. I am not booking shows for the new year either. The guests could care less if I'm there. Half of them can't wait to kiss their dates and most of them are drunk after 10pm.
Plus, on New Year's Eve, I want to party. I don't do shows then either. That and Halloween. Those nights are for me!
Message: Posted by: one funny magic boy (Jan 24, 2008 02:13AM)
[quote]
On 2007-12-28 15:59, jay leslie wrote:
I have not performed New Years shows since 2000. It's a boycott. I am not booking shows for the new year either. The guests could care less if I'm there. Half of them can't wait to kiss their dates and most of them are drunk after 10pm.
[/ quote]I agree with you.I will take a new years show with the following conditions #1 high fee for giving up that night, #2 my show gets over before 9:oo ( drunks start to grab cards etc.) after this time. #3 I have enough time to drive to the log cabin I rented to pray the new year in with my best frend and wike of 16 years. under your own conditions that night becomes fun again.
Message: Posted by: one funny magic boy (Jan 24, 2008 02:19AM)
Oops,WIFE not wike lol.
I'm with you guys 100%
Iv'e had people literally come up all over me. Got a booking call for a 3am show.told the guy to climb a wall.had my ears bombed out by crazy dj's the list of experience goes on. Now I only take shows before 10pm.And I'm very selective.
Could you do a silent act? At least then you don't care if people are talking and carousing and ignoring you. No patter, so no problems being heard.

Of course, then some idiot may crank up the music to compete with yours and the booker may say afterwards "You didn't hold the attention of the audience..."

And still somebody may throw up on you...? Eep!
New years eve rocks. One of the best nights available.