(Close Window)
Topic: Expert Card Technique: Close-up Table Magic
I had a $15 gift card to borders that my aunt got for me, so I looked at their magic book selection. They had "Expert Card Technique: Close-up Table Magic", and it was by the same authors of "The Royal Road to Card Magic": Jean Hugard and Frederick Braue. It was 10 dollars, so I got it.

My question is: Is this a good book?? I rarely see it recommended on forums but it looks really legitimate.

Either way, I'm still reading it.
Funny you mention this book since I just discovered I had picked it up with several other books awhile back but had forgotten it! I saw it on the coffee table the other night and asked where it came from and my son said he had it in his room and had just finished reading it! He liked it so I guess I'll give it a look!
Mick
I confess that I have not had a great deal of luck with it, but I would attribute this to my own lack of dedication rather than any fault of the authors. The techniques taught are really pretty difficult, although I suppose I should not complain, since it was titled "Expert Card Technique." I was warned.

Anyway, I would say that this is probably quite a good book for someone whose skills are a bit better developed than mine. For ten bucks, I would say that it is worth it, even if you only use it for a work of reference, or pleasure reading.
It's and excellent book, a step up from Royal Road... I think you'll enjoy it. There are some further comments on it in [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=8812&forum=110]this thread[/url].
I have the book and its a gem.
When I first read ECT years ago I didn't appreciate it much.
As time went by I found myself referring to it more and more.
Lot's of good stuff.
Thanks guys! I just wanted to know how good it was.
Juan Tamariz carries this book with him whenever he travels, and considers it the best book on card magic yet published.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
I have the book and its been in my library for years Then again I would think if you learned one or two effects well! it would be well worth the $10 Cheers!
A great book. The stuff contained is the steppingstone to many card related items.
The book alone, the history surrounding the wrting of the book pertaining to Charlie Miller and Vernon will all be well worth your investment in years to come.