(Close Window)
Topic: Eric Paul Courses
I have heard GREAT things about his courses, and I am thinking of investing in one of his packages....I am wondering though - through experience do you find that his complete system is helpful to a guy who performs full-time, has read A FEW courses (by no big names) and is decently set-up in his town for marketing or is it more helpful to someone that is just getting started...Also, the childrens book, is it just for birthdays, OR does it help with libraries, fairs, camps, schools etc. etc.

Do his marketing principles require A BIG investment ??

Also, for those of you who do have some of his material, have you found that it has drastically improved your sales etc.??

Thanks very much.
Eric has products for both, the beginner just getting started and the more experienced performer who already performs full time. Everything he offers is chock full of solid, real world information. Why don't you give him a call to discuss which product would meet YOUR needs?

Do his marketing principles require a BIG investment? Only you can decide how much you budget for marketing each year. It's part of your business plan, and different goals and strategies will require different resources. It really depends upon where your are in your career and where you want to go.

Two things that will drastically increase your sales are:

1) a better show - it starts and ends with your show. You should be booking two or three spin-off shows after every performance. If you aren't, work on your show.

2) a well thought business and marketing plan with specific goals and strategies. Have you written a business plan for 2008 yet?

Finally, I include a certain amount each year in my business plan for professional development. That includes the purchase of educational materials, reference books and attending conferences and seminars. As Konstantin Stanislavski wrote, "The artist who is not going forward, is going backward."

Jim
Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have a business plan for this year, as I do for every year and I agree on setting money aside for learning more. I will give him a call and discuss this.

Thanks again.

Michael
Hi there,

Hopefully, I can help on this one. It’s come up a bunch recently and I’ll give you all the scoop…

“How To Become Your Area’s TOP Children’s Entertainer” :

This is the course I put out under Dave Dee’s urging. I had taken his ideas and my own and implemented them in my market. I killed the Birthday Party Business here in my area.

Very quickly turned a nothing of a business into $120,000 solid for years.

Ed Harris Magic-Art:

Shortly after releasing this course, I purchased the rights to the Ed Harris Magic-Art from the Harris’. Mr. Harris was failing and I didn’t want to see his great work disappear. We worked out an agreement and I transferred everything into digital files.

“The Successful Family Entertainer – Volume 1”:

This book was released in short-run for those that wanted to know what I was doing at my shows. It includes tons of routines and some marketing strategies. Solid, real-world stuff - Still the best deal in magic in my eyes!

“The System Training Sessions”:

After years of doing birthday parties and family events in my market, I came close to “burn-out”. I was just simply doing too many shows.

So, instead of getting out of magic, I designed a system and created a perfect business for myself. I am running this same system today.

The idea is to create something that works for you and to do the shows you want to do, not the shows you have to do. An important distinction for sure. This system relies on direct mail and heavily on database management – i.e. getting the most out of your current client list.

I love doing it this way. It’s on auto-pilot for the most part and I work with the people I want to. My income has soared as a result, I have more free-time and a lot more fun.

Last year I decided to share this with my magic friends and this course spawned out of those tele-seminars and web events. It’s not for the hobbyist. It is for pros. It is basicaly my business blueprint.

Since then, I have released a few more things:

“The Anatomy of an Amazingly Successful Show Booking Campaign”:

This is a complete documentation of my summer campaign that brought in a ton of gigs. It also includes a little gem of how I re-activate “dead” clients.

“The Theater Show Booking System”:

This is honestly the best thing I’ve ever put out. It is where I make my real money nowadays and have a ton of fun doing them. Again, this is not for the hobbyist by any means. To utilize this system, you should have a great act! (Actually, that applies to everything!)

The Mastermind Level Coaching Group:

This is a brand-new opportunity that launched in December. We now have a core group of serious full-time magicians, a members-only forum, monthly calls and much more. It’s pretty cool and is making me a much better entertainer in the process too.

So I hope that answers many of the questions on a few different posts recently. I hope this doesn’t come across as “salesman-like”, it’s not meant to be. This whole thing is very much a part-time venture for me. I still perform full-time and plan to forever.

What I do is not for everyone. But for those that are out there performing full-time or want to, it’s proven to be very useful.

My idea has always been to document what works for me and share it with you (or those that want to know). It’s pretty simple and I’m happy to help in anyway I can.

Yours in success,

Eric Paul
I would say DITTO to everything Jim said. eric's stuff is the real deal. What he sells in his courses if the real stuff no fluff only the real work of someone that is in the trenches with us.

I think only you can decide what your investment is. I have paid hundreds of dollars for other stuff only to get of them small ideas that have turned into big money makers. No course will give you the magic bullet that everyone looks for. One can sell a course but, they can tell you how they did it or do it and then you will have to make happen for yourself.

So I say go for it on Erics stuff.

Ken
Just head down to the "Magic Marketing" thread and read a lot more about Eric and the other programs, and my comments which will respond also to your question.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"

(But to answer directly your question, if you are already doing a number of shows, then you may be ready for Eric's full system. I have found it has helped my business. My 4th year full-time and close to 250 shows! Could have been more, but I slipped off the track a little!!!LOL)
Only 250 Blair?

You slacker :goof:

But seriously, you are the man!

"Massive Action" seems like the key for you.

And thanks Ken, your stuff is the real deal too! I just got my arms out of your tuxedo an hour ago! (That refers to Ken's fabulous "Fantasy Magician" to clear things up.)

EP
[quote]
On 2008-01-08 14:08, Eric Paul wrote:
I killed the Birthday Party Business here in my area.
[/quote]

Hmmm.... first he killed the Birthday Party Business, and now we find he has his arms in Ken's tuxedo.

Hmmmm.... not saying anything...nope...just thinking out loud....hmmmm. :)

Brian
Eric,

And remember that 250 is a mixed bag...children...family...corporate...illusion show! When I say fall off the track, means I became lazy. When I look at a weeks worth of phone calls and bookings I can see where 90% resulted from ACTIONS I have taken. If the calls are not coming in, I ask MYSELF what have I done to bring them in??? Want to move yourself to the next level...take MASSIVE action!

"Do his marketing principles require A BIG investment ??"

Not sure if you mean $$$ or time, as far as cost, I do not feel they are not expensive (I come from industry where day courses and seminars cost big $$$$) If you are talking about time and the efforts you invest....yes, considerable effort is required, especially in the beginning when you have to retrain yourself into a method of operation. But once you are up and rolling (the point to which which Eric's material pushes you to). It becomes easy.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"

(Off to do some shows...back later!)
Let me just say "The System" is THE best purchase in my magic career.
I was lucky enough to be one of the first 10 or so to join in.
For 2 years or so of being in the inner circle, the free, let me say it again THE FREE tele seminars, the countless free news letters, inner circle only e mails, and the countless people I have been networked with because of The System, and How To Be Your Area Top Entertainer, all this is worth 1000 time the investment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have bought both.
Most people say "! Free consultation with purchase" and that is all you get.
This dude lets you fire email after email, and not only answers them himself, but puts them in his news letter and many big time pros put in comments themselves.
By buying "The System" you are getting more than you can even digest with all the WEEKLY. that is right WEEKLY stuff he throws your way.
If you want to explode your career, buy the system.
Eric even has a money back gurantee, what more could we ask for?
Test drive it and if you think he is crazy, send it back for a refund.

Ok, I am back to my email to watch the FREE video marketing seminar EP sent

p.s. it is all part of buying the system, which gets you in the inner circle!! ;)

Oh by the way, it does not require a huge investment.
As a matter of fact, all his stuff he gives you on cd is ready made templates. You just plug in your info.
The investment is what ever your printer and mailing will cost.

Can you tell I am a beleiver?

I started this magic stuff 5 years ago, and I started with the "how to be your areas top childrens entertianer as my first big investment.
EP material has worked well for me.
I'd like to second what mrlucky has said. I own several of EP's products and have been happy with them all. The only thing I would like to add about the system is that it is not Marketing 101, you hit the ground running. So if you have an understanding of basic marketing techniques, then it is a wise purchase.
I am joining the mastermind group.
I am sold on the stuff!
[quote]
On 2008-01-11 16:48, mrlucky wrote:
I am joining the mastermind group.
I am sold on the stuff!
[/quote]

I joined last week; what an awesome call last night; I listened to it again today.

Eric's got excellent resources available. He doesn't just get you fired up, he gives you the tools to actually do something with all that fire!

Burnin' Brian
It WAS a great call, wasn’t it!? I LOVED IT!

Eric has DONE and IS DOING what he shares with others so they can follow in his successful footsteps... certainly no one can "BE" Eric, or Brian, Or anyone else BUT themselves, but life and success a soooooooo much simpler when you can follow in the proven, tested footsteps of others who have actually done the work and gotten the real RESULTS!

I'd support that any day!

Hey, no need to re-invent the wheel, but there is room to plug YOU into tested, result getting success and add a few ‘spokes’ of your own to a well-built wheel to make it that much stronger and get where you hope to be faster, sooner and more on track... that is my experience as well.

I am at your service and In HIS Service,
Deano (loves to learn from other experience) in Reno
<><
Hey Brian,

Was on the call also last night, what an amount of info!!!! Had to cut out early as I had a photoshoot with my photographer today. 6 HOURS of shooting. At my age I need my beauty rest. Took in a segment from each of my shows because I am putting up a family site. (As an alternate to my corporate.) Came home and had 3 shows booked on my answering machine from one of my current mailings. What was great was these were not requests for information, but to book. I only had to confirm the dates asked for were ok for me. AWESOME!!!

Take care guys!

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
YES YES YES!

My favorite quote is:

WWEPD

"What Would Eric Paul Do?"

HAHA! Eric will love this! But seriously, Eric is 100% the real deal, a man I'm proud to call my friend, and is someone who cares about helping other people. Truly cares. So do the guys who are close to Eric. All the guys I've connected with through Eric Paul's teaching feel the same way and are lifelong learners and do'ers! I've made many friends through my associations with Eric and I've made a lot of money with his help too. When would be the best time for you to invest in what Eric offers?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Starr (Jan 14, 2008 09:25PM)
I just ordered the [i]“The Theater Show Booking System"[/i].

Looking forward to what is in store!

Chris
You'll LOVE IT!
Chris,

For what you do, I think there are some very cool, workable ideas for you.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Anyone who ever reads this topic, I would suggest signing up for his free newsletter. http://www.moremoneywithmagic.com

You get some pretty good info for free.
You get even better when you get into the inner circle.

Mike
Wow! You guys are too kind.

Thanks! Sincerely!

Honestly, and I know Dean would say this too, my all-time favorite thing is to hear about the success someone is having using what has worked for me. It may sound corny, but it is awesome.

I am honored by you guys,

EP
But not you guys what live in SoCal -- Eric's stuff is just not for youse. Orange County, L.A. County,...nah, you don't want it. But for anybody else NOT in these areas, you should probably oughta get it :)
LOL Love the post Leland. I try to discourage others from buying in this area also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL!!!

But for those that DO want to buy the course, it does take work, after all we are in show BUSINESS!

One of the first folks I hired to do a business talk to the local SAM (1970's) was Larry Valentine author of "Making Magic Pay" He was very much into direct mail.

Larry sited the example of giving his talk in his own home town and friends being surprised. As he said it is not a question of telling folks what to do and explaining it, but getting them to do it!! People are LAZY.

Following the advice in the various marketer's courses, in less than a month I sent a special mailing to 650 customers, this means that each customer received 3 different mailings, hand addressed, special stamps etc. from me over a 3 week period, 2400 business cards went out in those envelopes, 650 special coupons went out. The shows are coming IN, 7 to perform this week. AND people do not call for info, they call to book. They have already been told all they need to know about my shows. I don't have time to give out info, if they call, I want the booking!!! Even my wife is amazed, she doesn't have to sell me, people just call asking if I am available a certain date!!!

But..........you do have to lay the ground work! Be out there, be seen, make sure folks know you...then make sure they have an easy way to contact you. Invest in the business side of your magic, you DON'T need the latest trick, but a good course (like any one of Eric's) can set YOU on the right path, and put you in the right mindset!

Blair Marshall
MB,

Have you bought any of the Eric Paul material yet?
Jack Turk has some really great stuff as well that I would recommend.
Jack's Bootcamp CD's were quite good, as it gave a sampling of many of the workers out there! Just re-listened to John Kaplan's CD and going through his PowerPoint; not overpowering, but some GREAT moneymaking ideas!!!

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Thanks, guys. I know Eric works very hard on putting out really practical stuff. And I do my very best, as well.

--Jack
If you clicked on this, you are probably interested in what Eric has to offer.
I think his stuff is great, and it really works.

I've put together a few links below to make it easy for you.

You'll find information on Eric's upcoming conference, as well as a way to try out his system risk free.

CONFERENCE INFO:
Eric Paul is putting on a "Super Conference" that looks like it will be awesome.

He is the real deal, and if you register before April 1st, he is offering a substantial discount.

Check out this video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2783524288446157171

Eric says this offer will NEVER be repeated!

FREE CD
Get a free cd from Eric by clicking here:
http://tinyurl.com/2j7z2f

Thanks and no, this is not an April Fool's Joke :),

--Tim Hannig

PS
DETAILED CONFERENCE INFO HERE
http://tinyurl.com/2cyeoa

PPS
TRY ERIC'S COURSE RISK FREE
Eric will send you his entire “How to Create a Magic
Business that Runs Automatically and Perform the Shows
You Want to Do, Instead of the Shows You Have to Do!!!”
Success System for FREE for 30 days!

http://tinyurl.com/37rjep

If you are at all familiar with Eric’s work, you know that he
is one of the busiest magicians in the world and is very
generous at explaining exactly how he does it.

His newest program is an exact blueprint of how he continues
to do 50 shows a month and have plenty of time for his kids
and all of the other stuff he loves to do besides magic.

This is the sane way of putting your business on automatic
pilot!

Here’s how it works:

If you like “How to Create a Magic Business that Runs
Automatically and Perform the Shows You Want to Do,
Instead of the Shows You Have to Do!!!” Success System,
keep it. You’ll be billed automatically. If you don’t like it,
just send it back within 30 days, and you won’t be charged.

At the end of 30 days, you’ll decide…

If you’re convinced like so many other magicians that you’ll
use the materials to create your very own dream business
and increase your income, you keep the package.

And if you’re not convinced, you can just send it back and
not be charged anything else. (Don’t worry, if the mail tales
too long, and I get it back 32 days later and you’ve been
charged already, we’ll give you a full no-hassle, no questions
refund.)

But please be warned:

Since this is the first time Eric has EVER given away Trial
Copies of this new program – he’s only going to do this
“experiment’ for a short time. It may not be long at all
because it costs him money every time he sends it out. The
shipping and handling costs only cover the postage
($8.95 in US & Canada/ $37.00 International)

So don’t delay and jump on this immediately before he
changes his mind!

Now I have a strong feeling this offer will be immediately
filled as soon as word gets out. That means if you want in –
you must claim your trial immediately.

Remember, you don’t decide now…try it at our risk for a
full 30 days!

http://tinyurl.com/37rjep

I hope this helps you!

--Tim
This is another Dave Dee course all over again, including his 5 page "sales letters" taht get thrown out before being read. Looks like a typical Dee waste of time and money.

Paddy
I met Eric last fall and invested in several of his courses and My answer to the question "Does it really work?" It has made a huge difference for me! I have gone from 5- 10 shows a month to about 20 a month on average! It works and it is the real deal! Thanks Eric!
Wow after only 16 posts and no information in your profile, how can we disregard THAT testimonial?
I'm in Eric's mastermind group, and I'm a fan of Eric.

Also note, if you like the posts and content from either Jim Snack or Dean Hankey, here on the Café, that they will be speaking at his event. That might be reason enough to be there!

- Donald
I like Eric's stuff because he walks the talk. His calendar is full, when others are complaining that their phone isn't ringing.

As has been said before, if someone doesn't have a good act, then this stuff won't help much.
But if they do, then it can definitely help.
Thanks guys! You are too kind!

I simply report what's working for me. That's about it. Pretty simple formula.

And Mr. Doyle, I will happily change my profile if that makes you happy, assuming you were referring to me.

I have noticed a few very negative cynics on The Café recently that don't seem to be contributing to the whole. What a pity. This could be such a great resource. What a great opportunity to help and support each other. I honestly hesitate to post anything for fear of being grouped with the negativity.

Thanks to all of you that support the cause of helping each other as opposed to beating each other up! Afterall, we're all in this together. The magic community is way too small and the better we all do, the better we all do.

Sincerely,

Eric Paul
[quote]
On 2008-03-28 15:17, mrmagic9112 wrote:
I met Eric last fall and invested in several of his courses and My answer to the question "Does it really work?" It has made a huge difference for me! I have gone from 5- 10 shows a month to about 20 a month on average! It works and it is the real deal! Thanks Eric!
[/quote]

Eric I hope this clears it up for you.

I was making more of a joke than anything. Pointing out that perhaps a bit more information about who someone is could help us decide how much weight to give to an endorsement.

Certainly somewhere in marketing guru stuff this is probably discussed right?
[quote]
On 2008-03-28 17:22, Eric Paul wrote:
Thanks guys! You are too kind!

I have noticed a few very negative cynics on The Café recently that don't seem to be contributing to the whole. What a pity. This could be such a great resource. What a great opportunity to help and support each other. I honestly hesitate to post anything for fear of being grouped with the negativity.

[/quote]

Eric lets discuss this point. Now we are NOT TALKING ABOUT ANYTHING YOU PUT OUT. I want to make this point quite clear. I am going to talk in generalities and not mention anything spacific.

You have to admit that there is a GLUT of this sort of information out there today. Especially of late it seems as if EVERYONE is putting out a course on how to book this or how to work that. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a new post about it.

So are all of them of value? Well most are rehashed nonsense, kids putting things out, and stuff that really just seems to clutter things up pretty badly.

This is the problem I have. You and others choose to call it negative. Well fine that is an opinion and you are entitled to it needless to say.

BUT how much of the stuff out there (not talking about yours mind you, FACT IS I have heard great things from those I respect about your stuff) really is of any merit? How much really is of any use and how much of it amounts to kids homework assignments that we are obliged to grade for them?

Does it REALLY help to put things out when the contributer has little if anything new to offer?

Before you call people negative, before you be all disapointed, why not think along these lines.
Thanks for clearing that up Mr. Doyle. I should have been more clear about why I said that, sorry.

Yes, you are unfortunately correct in the fact that there is a TON of junk out there about how to "make it" in any business, not just magic. And yes, we should be reviewing these things for each other and this is the perfect place.

This is the post I was specifically referring to:

[quote]
On 2008-03-28 15:08, Paddy wrote:
This is another Dave Dee course all over again, including his 5 page "sales letters" taht get thrown out before being read. Looks like a typical Dee waste of time and money.

Paddy
[/quote]

Mr. Paddy is not in my database as having ever ordered anything from me. How can that be considered a helpful review? That is what I reacted to. Nothing from you Mr. Doyle.

It is painstaking to put out the quality of products many of us do. My business is my baby. I have nurtured it and caressed it since birth.

When I take hours upon hours to document what works for me and share it with others, it's a risk. One that it will be mis-used (by someone with a lousy act). And two, that it will be trashed like the above quote without review.

That is what I take offense to, my friend.

Sure, not everyone is going to like what I do. My style may be different than some. No big deal.

I've had a few returns over the years and that's cool too. At least they tried it and it didn't work for them. No problem (other than the one I got back with the Kinko's copy receipt still in it).

All anyone should be given is a fair shake. That is all I meant.

I am reminded of what Herbert Spencer said,

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

Sincerely,

Eric Paul
[quote]
On 2008-03-28 15:08, Paddy wrote:

Paddy
[/quote]

Well, everyone is entitled to they're opinion, but I will say that Dave's course enabled me to go full time two years ago this month, and Eric's courses are enabling me to continually grow my business.

I can't speak for the experience of anyone else, and I am sure that there are some people who will not find the courses useful (for various reasons), but the things I personally learned from these courses (along with several other similar courses) have helped me to bring in a yearly income of twice as much as I was earning as a vice-president of a publishing company just prior to going full time.

Brian
Eric, some will like it some will not.

I can show you STUNNING reviews of my show. I can show you reviews by people who would rather have had nails driven through their eyes than to watch another single second of me LOL. It is the way of the world!

Often it is tough to seek the truth, when you think you know ahead of time what that truth is supposed to be. I am often guilty of this when I see a 16 year old wizz kid put out his 7 big years of experience to help us all from financial ruin. I usually think I know it is crap. 99% of the time I am right, and for me being "negative" about it is not a bad thing. I think it helps others.

But I see your point, and I do not make any points about your courses.

Glad we cleared that up.
Just a few quick things and then I'm out again:

=> FIRST:
I have a TON of Eric's stuff and every last drop of it is brilliant and delvers well MORE than advertised. Not only that, I KNOW, based on proven RESULTS that what he does works in his business (which is all he shares) but it works in my business as well as many others I personally know.

=> SECOND:
SURE there is a ton of untested garbage out there, such is NOT the case with Eric.

Most of you know my particular "Soapbox" and that is; unless you KNOW what you are talking about based on real-life experience’, our industry is much better served by the common sense perspective (that is not so common) that says:

“Unless you KNOW what you are talking about, zip-it and stop hurting our industry and people you don’t even know!”

It is past-time that we STOP with all the dangerous, hurtful "Guesswork, Untested Theory, Spiteful Hyperbole" and so on… that goes for ignorance in commenting as well by commenting on something that you know nothing about, that is so unfortunate and prevalent!

Sure, do with this what you will… tear me a new one if that is your style, but we have to admit that the people who “Actually HAVE” theses courses (like Eric’s, Jim’s and others…) and information most always have nice things to say (Like the folks above) and those who do NOT, strangely do not! (Like the “other” folks above)

Get the point?

Do ya’ think those who are actually INFORMED (by actually owning and applying theses courses) know something that those who do not don’t??? (Such as those who DO NOT have the courses…)

Duh!

HERE is a good question:
Is there ANYONE HERE who actually HAS Eric’s stuff, (including the ones above) has DONE what he tells you to (I mean REALLY DONE what he shares that WORKS) and still don’t like his stuff!

I guess it’s ‘possible’ that someone won’t… it’s life, just as it is for Jim, Myself and others who support the real, proven success of others, but THOSE folks are NOT the ones trashing the proven success solutions in question here, are they???

Nope!

I say let’s hear from the “experienced and informed, based on the proven facts” instead of the spiteful, uninformed guesswork of those who most often comment based on ZERO provable insight and experience on theses subjects like the review of Eric’s products.

…am I out of line to want to hear from “those who KNOW” vs those who are guessing and making things up based on no real truth?

HERE is the BIG Question:
WHO would YOU take you success support from? Someone who KNOWS or someone who is just guessing???

I am NOT being mean, just practical… really.

Thinking of YOU and your Success!

I am at your service and In HIS Service,
Deano (Really Helping You Succeed) in Reno
<><
I will also toss out the thought, that even if you don't like a particular "style" of selling (don't want to use it personally), you can still learn lots from a person applying it in a masterful way. To learn or not to learn, is your choice.

- Donald
Here is how Eric changed my life:

I was living in a 1 bedroom apartment, on drugs, I was drunk, my dog had just died, and my wife had just left me. Then I bought Eric Paul's course. The next day, everything changed, and I made six figures in the next 30 days by just doing the shows I wanted. Thanks, Eric.

Okay, it's a joke, but you should click below to listen to a couple of funny audio testimonials I gave Eric...
http://tinyurl.com/2cyeoa

Scroll 3/4 of the way down and you can also hear my comments about Eric's "coaching". : )
That's too funny! :lol:

- Donald
Hey Tim,

I thought you'd geta kick out of me posting them. The Little League one is even funnier!

Thanks,

EP
I did get a kick out of it. I didn't even notice them until yesterday.

My wife heard them, and she even still thinks I'm funny, and that's a good thing.
In response to Mr. Doyle's comment regarding my last post, I am new to the Café and I am still checking this out. I agree with Eric in the fact there is a lot of critical sarcasism towards other magicians and I too hate to post anything. I am not a full time performer. However I have been performing for nearly 30 years as a part timer and all I can say is that Eric is the real deal. I have talked with him over the phone and his suggestions and his courses have really helped me increase my business.
[quote]
On 2008-03-31 09:30, mrmagic9112 wrote:
In response to Mr. Doyle's comment regarding my last post, I am new to the Café and I am still checking this out. I agree with Eric in the fact there is a lot of critical sarcasism towards other magicians and I too hate to post anything. I am not a full time performer. However I have been performing for nearly 30 years as a part timer and all I can say is that Eric is the real deal. I have talked with him over the phone and his suggestions and his courses have really helped me increase my business.
[/quote]

You completly miss Mr. Doyle's point so let me spell it out for you.

I was pointing out that a member with under 50 posts who gives no information about who they are who puts up a ringing endorcement of something from a member with under 50 posts he is selling is less than steller endorcement.

Deano, Donald, or any poster we are familiar with who makes a recomendation about something, we know who they are, we know how their tastes run, we can give weight, good or bad, to what it is they post. We can look at Deano and his record and weigh that with what he has said and have a history.

You we have nothing to weigh it with now do we? You may very well be the busiest guy on the planet, but how would we ever know that?

My point is not about you personally, it is about not having information or history which we can take into consideration. For all we know you are working for or with or whatever the thing you are posting about. I AM NOT SAYING YOU ARE, I am pointing out reality to you is all.
Mr. Doyle,Thanks for that clarification. That isn't the way I percieved it but I appreciate your clarification of that. Like I stated I am new to the Café, so no, I don't have a lot of posts and yes, I see your point too. No hard feelings or anything. I was just responding to the original post made and sharing my thoughts on Eric's courses and that they worked for me and I continue to use that information. Thank's again for your clarification.
[quote]
On 2008-03-29 00:59, Tim Hannig wrote:
Here is how Eric changed my life:

I was living in a 1 bedroom apartment, on drugs, I was drunk, my dog had just died, and my wife had just left me. Then I bought Eric Paul's course. The next day, everything changed, and I made six figures in the next 30 days by just doing the shows I wanted...
[/quote]

I think those are the lyrics to a Roger Miller tune.
I'm interested in getting one or two Eric Paul's programs,
but I can't find them ANYWHERE.
Eric passed away and his materials were tied up with his estate, to the point that no one else was able to purchase them with the intent to market them again, which is too bad. Eric had a very young family and it is really sad that some of his materials could not have been reissued to provide some $$$$ to the family.

Brad Ross did purchase the rights to the DVDs of Eric's last super Conference and sells those, which for the folks that attended that conference was much appreciated. Eric passed away about 6 weeks later.

You can always post on some of the magic sale sites as a WTB (want to buy)I have seen some of his materials up on occasion.

As a suggestion there are a lot of Eric's videos, including some marketing ones, up on the various sites ie. Youtube, Vimeo and others you may want to check out.

Blair
Hey Blair,

For starters let me say that I was sad when Eric passed away. I felt bad for him and his family.

I actually bought a lot of stuff from Eric, which I'm sure he appreciated.

While I no longer have any of Eric's products, I seem to recall that some of his marketing relied heavily upon mailings. (Folks may have to cut me a break on this one, as my memory is a little fuzzy on that.)

Given that, do you now feel that a lot of what Eric was selling is now dated?

I'm just asking.

Thanks,

Gerry
I have never been a fan of the long form sales letter which Kennedy (and the magic guys Dee and Paul) used. Although my reason is I would have to do it here (Montreal, Canada) in both French and English, even if the person it was sent to was English as they may pass it on and the next person could be French and vice versa. So double the size, translation required and just more complicated to manage.

I also don't use postcard mailings (another favourite) here as the postage rates make them a less attractive choice than the sealed envelope ie. for a slightly oversize postcard you pay more than the same size sealed envelope filled with a card, letter and flyer etc. It's over the $1 just to mail a postcard slightly oversize. There is no big saving here in Canada as there is with bulk mailing postcards in the U.S.

Although many big international companies do still use long form letters in their mailing, I have to assume they work and bring results or they would not use them.

That being said I am still a fan of hard copy, direct mail marketing, as a very proactive way to sell your business/services. Again it's about your list.

So, yes, I do believe much of Eric's material is still of value today.

Blair
I was a fan for Eric's work and enjoyed some of his "take action" proactive approach. Eric wasn't afraid to use the phone and as mentioned much of his approach was based on the Kennedy,Dee mailing approach.

I do think Eric's stuff is becoming somewhat dated as technology and business evolves. Now with that said, that does not mean they can't be effective still today. Many traditional and long-time proven methods still work well today and will well into the future. I do believe if Eric was still with us his marketing would have evolved to be more e-mail based and likely incorporating social media as well at least to some extent. Business personality was much of Eric's approach and business so I don't think he'd have ever gone completely to the current "hands-off" or "put your marketing on auto-pilot" approach.

I can also tell you that we would have likely been involved in a project(s) together which I think would've benefitted many.