(Close Window)
Topic: Is "View this user's posts in last 30 days" working?
Hello, Gene and MaryB.

I tried to use this feature for myself and other members and I keep getting a 404 Error. Is this feature disable or down, or, is it just on my computer?

Thanks for the info--and thanks for the continuous great job you do in maintaining the Café site.

Mike
Right now it's disabled. The search engine took the server down earlier today, so I have to make a few changes to it. I'll get it done as soon as I can.
No problem, Gene. I just wanted to make certain it wasn't my computer acting up....again. (grin)

Thanks for all the hard work you and MaryB put into this site. It is very much appreciated and never enough are thanks expressed to you both.

Mike

P.S. And thanks also to that SteveB guy whose vision and tenacity were the genesis of the most successful magic forum in the world.
SteveB? Sorry, I don't know him. ;)
Yes , I got the same problem too , Gene ! Good luck with it ! All the best !
For the time being, I got an idea.......go google and just use the search the same way; just type "The magic Café" before whatever you might be searching. I've just tried it....works pretty well for general searches. :)
You might get better results if you use the google "site" search feature. For example, you can perform a search for say cups and balls by entering the following as your search string:

"cups and balls" site:www.themagiccafe.com

Kyle
OK fair enough. Once again I was afraid it was me. (I'm kinda paranoid when anything goes wrong like that!) :(

Thanks.
I am still getting the error message when using search and for looking for my posts in the last 30 days...are you still working on it?
Thank you,
Roger
You only have three of them. Shouldn't you be able to remember where you posted them?
It's a "techie" thing. I pretty much know what I've posted and where, but it would bug me too to see a feature malfunctioning. Just yesterday Gene said he was still working on it.
... we'll have to pay Gene more!

Gene, if we double your current salary to serve as the Magic Café techie, would it help? (lol)

--thanks for working on this in your free time Gene.

You always come through and I know you will gain.

Jonathan
Gene,
Thank you, for your services to the Magic Café. I really appreciate all the time & trouble shooting you invest to keep us up and running.

Frank Thomas
As a point of interest (in case you're interested :lol:), the search engine uses eight pages of code (105K) to work properly. All of it is intertwined too, so changes can be a little difficult depending on what needs to be done. I hope to have it done sometime this weekend.

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates ... ;)
Alright ! Thank you so much Gene ! All the best !
It's moments like this that we realise just how we all too often take the Café and its many services for granted. I've been completey scuppered without the search engine recently. Its like not having salt and vinegar to put on yer chips! (Sorry all my American friends - fries!)
Thanks for the update Gene!
Man...this is difficult. Hope it's fixed soon...

Doug
Me too. I'm in my dev area working on it now, I have my dev area set up as a "live" copy so I can get real-world results of the changes I'm making. The changes aren't going to be generally noticed by anybody, it's all mostly behind-the-scenes stuff.
Thanks Gene! You DA MAN!
Message: Posted by: Kaarlo von Freymann (Jan 17, 2008 07:09PM)
Thanks Gene ! And thanks Soren of LabcoMagic, if I remember correctly it was you who came up with the solution to go through Google. I used that "trick" a lot. Let's hope I still remember that the next time here or somewhere else the same thing happens.
Kaarlo