(Close Window)
Topic: A Perfect Double Act
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Jan 14, 2008 06:17PM)
Hello,

A good magician friend of mine and I are planning to do a double stage manipulation act, but are stuck... what effects or illusions can we do together? We are thinking small scale stgae manipulation, etc.

Thank you for your help!

Michael Kras
Michael, a good question that I've not seen. There's dumpsters full of stuff to sift through on youtube, and I'm sure you can find a boatload for your act that you can use or improvise on. The following isn't small scale, and you've really gotta think outside the box for something like this, but.... here's something to get you started: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Yw7oX5CXhk

Good luck,

Jim
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Jan 25, 2008 12:12PM)
Thank you very much for your help!
Didn't Greg Frewin and Jason Byrne do a Double Dove act years ago? Anyways, its a neat idea Michael.
I am still looking for Greg Frewin and Jason Byrne's double dove act. Is there any video I can get?
The act you are referring to was when Jason and Greg performed as "Double Vision". I had the chance to see them perform this many years ago up at Cape Cod Conclave. Unfortunately, the act did not last that long and they only performed it a few times over a course of a year or so. I do not recall seeing any footage of it that exists. They both decided to go seprate ways as they both wanted to explore new avenues for their magic. The Double Vision act was outstanding though and very creative.

Kyle
[quote]
On 2008-01-24 19:29, Skypoint wrote:
There's dumpsters full of stuff to sift through on youtube,
[/quote]

Boy, ain't that the truth.
Thank you Kyle:)
DoveLover