(Close Window)
Topic: Mac King the best comedy magician
The best comedy magician in the USA: Mr. Mac King. A very funny guy.
I second that. I just picked up two of Mac's products from Barnes & Noble, Big ol' Book of Magic and the Magic Suitcase. My son and I are having a blast punching out all the perforated props in the book. If you get a chance, at least check it out at the book store. Each product was only $15, and each was 20% off. We've had hours of fun with them...

Ken
If you're in Vegas and you've never seen his show- do go. It's the best daytime show in vegas. I've seen him live over 10 times. His stuff still makes me laugh.

Robert Haas
Very true indeed. I can watch hisshow over and over and never get bored with it. You just can not help but like the guy.

Kyle
Mac King is very funny I agree but he's not the ones
Perhaps you don't know
Jeff Hobson
David wiliamson
Amazing Johnathan
There are incredible funny !
If you can't make it to Vegas to see The Amazing Jonathan, his two Comedy Central specials are available for download over at iTunes, one is a free download the other will cost you a $1.99. Funny stuff!
Mac is one of the best, seen his show at Harrah's more than a dozen times, never gets old. Jonathan also has a hilarious show, just a different kind of humor. Both well worth seeing if you go to Las Vegas.
I just got back from Vegas and saw Mac King's show twice. I got to talk to him briefly, nice guy. He comes out to greet people and sign autographs after each show. I also saw Lance Burton's show twice (EXCELLENT) a must see!! Also saw Nathan Burton. The Amazing Jonathan was not performing, but would have liked to see him too. Steve Wyrick has a theatre there but was not performing.

Anyway I agree, Mac King's show was very entertaining. This was my first trip to Vegas and if you get the opportunity, it is something to see and experience.
For me the best is still Harry Anderson !
Incredible !
I look forward to seeing Mac (for the 12th time) in Louisville this year!! Yayyyy!!!

Robert Haas
I've met Mac King in Louisville the last time he was in town to help out the Louisville Magic Club(Which he and several fameous other magicians that are too numerous in number to list are former members.)with their fundraiser show called Mac King & Friends in Magic Under the Stars. Let me say, he is one funny guy and one of the nicest and most approachable people that I've ever met. Hopefully, I'll get to meet him again, even though I won't be able to afford to go to the combined convention despite that I live in Louisville. But from what I heard, he'll be helping out with the club's show again this year and maybe even make it an annual thing to be in the club's show.
Great act!! Hes the best!!
I think David Merry is the funniest magician there is. He is from Canada, and works often at the Comedy and Magic Club in Hermosa Beach, California.
Another vote for Mac. I saw him . . . what, almost four years ago now? And I can still remember most of it. "That would be cool, though!"
Mac King - Harry Anderson for families!

I love watching both of them!!
Well Mac is one of the best but there are so many more. I will also say yes to the to david and Johnathan but what about Michael Finney and Fielding west. Do not forget about them.
I don't think Michael Finney is that funny. I think he is entertaining, but does not really make me laugh. I can't think of one actual joke he does that would crack me up. In fact, I think the "card on the forehead" bit, where he makes fun of the volunteer, is actually kind of demeaning. Makes the volunteer look like a fool because he can't find the card, and everyone is laughing at him, not with him. The Card on the Forehead is an old gag anyway, nothing new. Just my opinion anyway.
I like Mac King too but I would add these as well...

Bob Sheets
Rich Marotta
Thom Peterson

Charlie
Mac King is fantastic. $13 for a show in Vegas that comes with a free drink, you can't beat that deal.
[quote]
On 2008-02-22 00:04, Rory Diamond wrote:
I don't think Michael Finney is that funny. I think he is entertaining, but does not really make me laugh. I can't think of one actual joke he does that would crack me up. In fact, I think the "card on the forehead" bit, where he makes fun of the volunteer, is actually kind of demeaning. Makes the volunteer look like a fool because he can't find the card, and everyone is laughing at him, not with him. The Card on the Forehead is an old gag anyway, nothing new. Just my opinion anyway.
[/quote]

I agree :)
Magic makes laugh, it doesn't means you're funny
While it is true there are many good comedy magicians, I think a few things set Mac King apart. First, he has one of the longest-running shows of any kind (and in the same venue) in Las Vegas. Second, his show is a rarity in that it is both suitable for everyone and entertaining for everyone. Third, his talent is recognized not only by other magicians, but by the entertainment industry at large. His act has been voted "Best in Las Vegas," in a number of different categories. Finally, he is consistent as a performer and consistent as a nice guy. I've read hundreds of comments about his show and have yet to hear a tale of how he had a bad day or an instance in which he mistreated someone.
There just aren't a lot of people that can match all that.
I was surprised that Bill Malone wasn't in the list that was just recently released by Magic Magazine. I haven't read the article yet, so maybe there was some criteria he didn't meet. I love his self-deprecating sense of humor.

Edit: I just read that he was nominated, just didn't make it in the top ten.