(Close Window)
Topic: Karrell Fox's Red Table
Hi, recently I see a performer doing this Jumbo Card Trick, the effect is: you tell to a spectator that you have an imaginary red table, and here you have two decks touch one, you said he touch the red, you open the "Invisible" box and said to the person think any card he thinks the card, you remove one Only ONE Jumbo card from your pocket and matches with the imaginary card of the spectator...someone here knows where I find the explanation for this effect...? In a book, magazine or dvd? IM VERY INTERESTED BECAUSE MATCH PERFECT WITH MY MENTALISM ROUTINE...Maybe the use of a stooge??
Thanks for the Help...
Hansel!!
I think it's in "Another Book" by Karrell Fox, though don't have my copy to confirm.

Another, earlier version of the same type of thing, would be 'Lustig's Spectre Card' detailed in the book "Dunninger's Brain Busters' by Joe Atmore.

Paul.
And it plays Very Well!
It's a staple in George Schindler's act! Kills everytime I see it.
Message: Posted by: James Kellogg III (Apr 10, 2013 07:51PM)
Wow I just saw what you were talking about looks great I'll see if I can find anything but I think the others had some good sources
Hi Everyone,

Can I recommend, wholeheartedly, Peter Scarlett's Little Red Table effect, which is, I think precisely what you are looking for. I can recommend anything that you purchase from Peter. The effect that you are enquiring about was, indeed, a Karrell Fox effect. Peter sells Little Red Table in various sizes suitable for every performing situation. Just go to his website at http://www.peterscarlettmagic.com where you will see the effect listed.

Best magical wishes,
Lester
Sorry, incorrect email address!

Mea culpa! The correct email address for Peter Scarlett is http://www.peterscarlett.com. Awfully sorry!

Best wishes,
Lester
[quote]
On 2008-01-25 13:58, Paul wrote:
I think it's in "Another Book" by Karrell Fox, though don't have my copy to confirm.

Another, earlier version of the same type of thing, would be 'Lustig's Spectre Card' detailed in the book "Dunninger's Brain Busters' by Joe Atmore.

Paul.
[/quote]Karrell's version is indeed in "Another Book" and is very clever. You can find it on page 279 of this fantastic book, under the title The Gift of the Magi.

Here's a link to Peter's version:

http://www.peterscarlett.com./Magic_Supplies/Catalogue/catalogue.html
Got that book somewhere, just got to find it now.
I would be interested to know more about Peter Scarlett's version.
Sorry but the effects its the classic 1/52 or when the spectator name the think card , you show the back of the
gag card show the jumbo size think card????