(Close Window)
Topic: Richard Sanders Fiber Optics Extended DVD
It's here. What rope enthusiasts around the world have been waiting for.
[quote]
Fiber Optics EXTENDED will be shipping at the end of January.
Pre-order yours before
Jan. 29, 2008, and you will receive Fiber Optics EXTENDED for only:
$34.95 with FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE
[/quote]
We can order direct from Rich and support his creative genius:

http://www.sandersfx.com/
I will definitely jump right on this one!

-Jeff
Already jumped on first reading of Christopher's post. Am looking forward to February when it arrives.

Bill
Yes.
Seems like somewhere on the Café I read richard is either going to, or will be providing high quality rope that will last for this. is this true or did I mis-read somthing
Actually the rope that Richard Sanders recommends for his routine comes from the Camirand Academy of Magic. It's called Elite rope and really is ecellent, soft rope!
I order to Richard! since 2 weeks! no received yes!!

anyone?

Simon
Belgium

Richard never give a answer to my e mail!!!!
[quote]
On 2008-02-06 12:04, learachel wrote:
I order to Richard! since 2 weeks! no received yes!!

anyone?

Simon
Belgium

Richard never give a answer to my e mail!!!!
[/quote]

Simon, after I ordered and payed for the DVD last week, I immediately received a Thank-You e-mail from Richard (I'm assuming it was automatically generated, though).

If you haven't, check the status of your payment.
I check the payment! all is ok! but why richard never give a answer!!??
Maybe he is busy?
I had some questions about Interlace and shipping and he emailed me back on the same day,so I cant complain about his service.
Richard travels and is VERY busy peerforming. Yet, he still takes care of everyone quickly.
Maybe it just take a little longer to reach germany.....
For the record, I haven't my copy yet either. Then again, I also live in Europe, so I expected that. ;-)
I would go so far as to guarantee everyone will get their DVD (myself included, of course) poste haste.

A few days ago I received an email showing a paypal refund of 5 dollars due to his lowering of the original price. The refund reflects his promise of my pre-order discount.

I'm stepping up with this "guarantee" Richard (lol). I'm positive I have nothing to worry about.

peace, charlie
Made my order today. Will probably take a while to recive it as I live where I live ;)
My copy is on the way as of today Richard Sanders is a great teacher.
When are these slated to ship? I pre-ordered mine, and got confirmation from Richard, but don't remember seeing a ship date.

John
The DVD's would ship "at the end of January", so everyone should probably receive them soon.

I'm not worried either, most deliveries from the US have taken between 10 days and two weeks. I'm assuming it's not much different when shipping from Canada. ;-)
Any comment on "Fiber Optics" vs. "Fiber Optics Extended"? Is it all new material, mostly new, etc.? Knowing Richard, I have no doubt that "Extended" is worth $35, but is it worth $70 to have both?
[quote]
On 2008-02-11 17:21, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Any comment on "Fiber Optics" vs. "Fiber Optics Extended"? Is it all new material, mostly new, etc.? Knowing Richard, I have no doubt that "Extended" is worth $35, but is it worth $70 to have both?
[/quote]
May I suggest a brief visit to his website. There you will find:

..."Fiber Optics EXTENDED (THE DVD)

All the original eye-popping material from Fiber Optics
PLUS 10 brand new phases, 5 brand new routines
AND Hyper Ring: The visually astounding ring and rope routine!..."

peace, charlie
So the question then becomes, for those of us who already have "All the original eye-popping material from Fiber Optics," whether the new stuff alone is worth the purchase.
[quote]
On 2008-02-12 16:40, LobowolfXXX wrote:
So the question then becomes, for those of us who already have "All the original eye-popping material from Fiber Optics," whether the new stuff alone is worth the purchase.
[/quote]
Agreed.

I think it is & took the plunge...but still waiting for it.

peace, charlie
I bet this new stuff will be gold. Richard does not rush stuff out to the market. He takes his time and the quality shows.
I've never bought anything from Richard that I wasn't 110% thrilled with. IMO, he's released the best card DVD (Super Cards) and the best non-card DVD (Fiber Optics) in recent memory. To say nothing of the Sanders Show, the Sankey/Sanders Sessions, Interlaced, etc.

Having said that, I'd still like to hear from someone with regard to the value of the new DVD for someone who already owns Fiber Optics. To some extent, it's like buying an annual pass to Disneyland after you've already bought a summer pass.
Richard told me today that he soon will have the rope used in FOE in stock.
I was never into rope magic, but after watching the vid, I'm converted. What skill level would you rate this dvd, for someone who has never done rope magic before.
Anyone get this yet.
I 'preordered' and it was supposed to have gone out around the 30th and I haven't got it yet.
I just go it today from preorder, haven't at a good chance to look through it
How about we all keep our shirts on and give Richard some breathing room in getting these delivered. Every other post doesn't have to be "it's not here yet".
Have had a better look. Already own Fiber Optics. I am not disapponted in the new DVD. As for value, well I do not think it doubles the material offered on the first DVD so for some this would immediatly imply a poor value. However the disc is so modestly priced, especially compared to single trick offerings (and already discounted at on-line vendors)that I was more than happy to pay for what was perhaps 30 to 40% of new material.
[quote]
On 2008-02-12 19:57, Peo Olsson wrote:
Richard told me today that he soon will have the rope used in FOE in stock.
[/quote]

Is the rope he uses the Elite Rope or is it another type?

John
Quick question for anyone with Fiber Optics or the new Extended DVD. Would a new beginner in rope magic with previous sleight of hand experience be able to pick this up and with sufficient practice become proficient at the material?
To swtrocks, YES.
Definitely yes.
I love the Elite rope. I think it's the best but it's too expensive for scissor routines. I found some that I love for scissor routines but it's also great for strolling because it's not overly bulky but it does look nice and thick. Not too heavy either. All the FOE I've sold get a length of this rope in their package added for free. I love the stuff.
[quote]
On 2008-02-12 22:17, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
How about we all keep our shirts on and give Richard some breathing room in getting these delivered. Every other post doesn't have to be "it's not here yet".
[/quote]

Seeing as I was the ONLY "its not here yet" post....im not sure what you're talking about.

Now that said I have never had anything take that long to get to me so that is why I was just checking the general consensus. I believe I am allowed to do so...especially on here...how else would I be able to otherwise.

I got it today and watched the performance parts. The routine is nice...but I don't understand the need to say there are five or however many presentations when the variations are so small....almost to the point of insignificance due to the "effect" being exactly the same.
Is the Elite rope included in the DVD purchase price, or, is it an added item that can be puchased in conjunction with the FOE DVD purchase?

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Ok... hoping to get mine in the mail soon. Should be here any day now. And I don't think it is Richard's side at all. My mail man I think is learning magic too!
[quote]
On 2008-02-15 18:14, Turk wrote:
Is the Elite rope included in the DVD purchase price, or, is it an added item that can be purchased in conjunction with the FOE DVD purchase?

Thanks for the info.

Mike
[/quote]

I ordered my copy from MJM magic and no, There was no rope included. I had heard talk at one point of rope being included from some dealers but so far I have not seen anyone doing this.

MJM sells elite white rope also.

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/elite-parlor-rope-from-camirand-academy-of-magic-inc-p-796.html

Unfortunately I forgot to get rope when I ordered the DVD. Since I'm new to rope magic I didn't have any rope laying around so Now I have to wait to start to explore everything. So let this serve as a reminder to order some rope with your DVD if you don't have any.

As far as the DVD goes it looks fantastic. Richard has always been great at teaching and seems to really go the extra mile to make sure that you understand everything. I'll put up some more info when I've really had a chance to play with it.

Tim
Received my copy yesterday, and LOVING it!

I had already seen the original, but didn't own it yet, and there is some schweeeeeeet stuff among the new moves. I liked the multiple performances, as it shows how well some moves complement eachother in routining.

Hyper Ring, I am a little less excited about; Richard basically only uses one technique, but showing the link differently. They all look nice, but I believe that using the same methodology three times in a row can be a give-away. What I did like was how the ring enhances the illusion of the 'endless loop'.

Teaching is, as usual, clear, concise and well filmed. The inclusion of an easter egg was a nice touch. ;-)
From someone who didn't have the original, this is fantastic. Like others, I had not done much with rope magic, but I started working on a version of FO and it's fantastic. The sleights are actually pretty easy. Within a few days of working on it, I was able to do all of the sleights reliably and convincingly. The timing, working out a dialog and remembering all of the steps is probably the toughest part.

What a fantastic release!
I hate to admit that I have no patience to find easter eggs, but I don't. Can someone explain how to access the easter egg on this DVDE (which I just received and love)?
Thanks.
Hi jonnyboy,

On the main screen you will see "Fiber Optics - Extended" in the lower right corner. Click on it and it will take you to another screen with the "Extras" title; click on that and you'll see the "Easter Egg" link (sorry, but you'll be disappointed).

As far as the Fiber Optics Extended DVD, I believe the new moves are excellent! Richard's instruction is clear and complete, just as in his original Fiber Optics.

For those who do not own the original Fiber Optics, you've got a great deal... all the original Fiber Optics moves PLUS the additional moves on Extended. As an owner of the original Fiber Optics, a price break would have been nice with FOE, but I don't regret paying full price for the additional moves. My rope routine using the Fiber Optics moves receives the best reactions. It will now be even better.

Regards, Steve
Hello all

just a quick question I'm not sure can be answered but was wondering if these routines use ordinary rope or are they gimmicked in some way???

I enjoy performing a rope routine I learnt on a david stone dvd which just uses normal rope however just saw the demo for foe and was completely blown away. I may have to buy it regardless of my previous question however it would be nice if the 25feet of a bargain (elite) white magicians rope I found online would suit this dvd

thanks in anticipation
luke

p.s. although I realise elite rope has been mentioned in this thread is there several types and I have got the wrong one?
Hi Daviaac,

No gimmicked ropes are used in FOE. Have a blast with your 25 feet of elite rope :)

Regards, Steve
The 10mm rope can be seen better on stage but I find the 7mm rope from Camirand is better for walk aroound and is not as bulky when depressed into the fist. I think you have to be careful about performing too many of these rope moves for spectators....more is not always entertaining....Tabary is superb but a trifle long and the Sanders extended version may go that way as well.I find Loose Ends is just a perfect length, so to speak.
What is the best rope sizes to use. Richards mentions 9/26/47 inch in his first FiberOptics DVD... What do other people use??
A belated thank, Steve, for the Easter Egg location.

John
I recived my copy of FEO this monday but havent had a chance to view it yet.
Love the DVD, hate the annoying forced laughs that Richard keeps doing during the performance.
Richard is is one of the most talented, funniest, clever inventors in magic today and his thinking of Fiber Optics shows that. I'm looking forward to this new offering.
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Mar 8, 2008 06:45PM)
Tempting . . .
[quote]
On 2008-03-08 15:55, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Richard is is one of the most talented, funniest, clever inventors in magic today and his thinking of Fiber Optics shows that. I'm looking forward to this new offering.
[/quote]

Even though I said that I was annoyed by his laughs, I agree with what you said. I have yet to be disappointed with any of his releases.
Received mine last week. Definitely worth the wait.
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Mar 10, 2008 08:26PM)
Okay, I am sold in
This does look good. Before I order it, what in everyones opinion is the best size diameter of the rope I should get for walk-around? 7mm? And what length should I get?

Thanks

Vic
Just finished watching this. The only problem I have is deciding which phases NOT to do!

Really, really good. I'll be using this for sure.

Andy.
Can this be done with a shoe lace?
It's intended to do with thick magician's rope, but not every move relies on the properties of rope. I haven't seen my copy in a while, but if I remember correctly, there are some moves taught on the DVD that can be done with long shoelaces. Just don't expect all the moves to work using shoelaces.

Bill
Hi, I ve been performing the good old routine from Jeff Sheridan (but without the part showing the short piece), and this with shoelaces and other impromptu threads such as banana fibers straight from the tree in the jungle !

-> can these routine be operated as smoothly with a THIN rope or laces ?

-> what is your opinion on showing the small pieces ( I feel it s somehow a giveaway) ?

thanks
I prefer the Tabary routine. More elegant. Sanders trying to be very visual, sometimes exposing more things in my opinion..