(Close Window)
Topic: Jacket organizer idea...
I went to Walmart & bought 2 car visor CD holders($1.97each).They have 12 sleeves & a mesh one at the end. I safety pinned them to the inside of my jacket.

I Took all the magic stuff that I had in my pants pocket, shirt pocket & jacket pockets(except my CSB in my right pants pocket & my Outlaw wallet & a sharpie in my shirt pocket).

I put it all in the holder on the right side

Deck of cards
Wallet with twisted sisters & assorted gaffs
Sharpie
Dry erase marker
a mirror
Haunted key
Color changing knives
6 half dollars & a sh**l
3 English pennies
A piece of rope
T.T.
Sa*d* gimmick
Sponge ball
Free will
Cards for Gypsy monte
3 pentagram tokens in a small pouch
A small hypno disc

I don't always carry this much on a regular basis, it's been slow at work & I have time to practice :)

In the one on the left I put-

An insurance policy
2 gaffed decks
T.T. with a streamer
a small rubber chicken
A flashing color changing ball

Everything is nice & snug, I would imagine the material will relax a bit after a while.

My idea wasn't to work out of it , but to use it to free up space in your pockets & be able to switch out effects without carrying a case. Also, I carry too much regular stuff- keys, (card to)wallet,Carmex,lighter, change,bandana,cigarettes(I know I need to quit!) & a cel phone.

26 extra pockets for less than $5.00, not too shabby!

Mike
Nope...not bad. Now get back to practicing with all that stuff you're lugging around! :bg:

Mark.
I can't practice right now, I'm trying to get my straightjacket in there ;)

Mike
:fear:

Mark.
I think it's a fantastic idea.
Good job!
Thank you!!!!!!!!

Mike
Mike, you are tall enough... Maybe a few of those shoe organizers may work out nicely - one on either side of the inside of your coat... You could get your flower botanias, millenium silks, and sponge bunnies to fit in there comfortably!

I like the idea you posted though! Great thinking man!

Your buddy,
Bryan
Cool idea Bryan, call me!

Mike
Wow - this is a great usage of a common object. I have been in and out of camera stores a lot looking for good items - never thought of this.

Way to go

Don
Thank you!

Mike
Curse you Ichazod!!!

Now I need to go back to Wal-Mart, AGAIN!!!

Good idea though. :)
I went to Wal-mart and got 2 of the organizers. . .

DUDE! This is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!

The elastic on the back will hold any promo papers you might have, allowing for easy one-by-one distribution. The one on my left side will also serve to hold my artificial roses for my Rosebud production (materials also purchased at Wal-mart).

Brilliant find man.
I'm glad you like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hadn't thought of using the elastic on the back, good idea.

Mike
This really is a great idea! You rock Ichazod! Thanks!
Thanks Jay!

Mike
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/bags/918a/
That's cool, but a little pricey.

Mike
Not to bad.... as a magician you should be used to everything costing a load lol!
[quote]
On 2008-02-20 17:32, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Not to bad.... as a magician you should be used to everything costing a load lol!
[/quote]

:) quite true Josh :)
[quote]
On 2008-02-19 10:41, Joshua Barrett wrote:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/bags/918a/
[/quote]

Not to get off subject, but I bought one of these some time ago.
Terrible!
The entire thing is made of something like spandex, making it impossible to get your items in and out. The pockets have overlapping flaps, making it even more impossible to access your stuff. On top of that, it's very uncomfortable and much bulkier than it looks.

Thank goodness they took it back.
Maybe scottevest is the way to go then =D
Well the "Hidden Cargo Pants" look kinda' cool. But not for $60 - hence, I'm off to Wal-mart for a $10 pair of pants and a $5 slab of fabric.

By the way, if you want a suit jacket with a lot of pockets, try Travel Smith. If you want a vest, try qmuniforms.com.
Thanks for the suggestions Dustin, Travel smith has some pretty cool jackets.

Mike
The really cool thing about their jackets is the ventalation. They're designed to be work in the tropics, so they made them very light, and they also have a very well designed ventalation pattern to keep you cool. It would be nice in the California summers where it pops over 100 regularly.
Well, I just had an idea.

Stick the CD visor into your jacket's side pocket. Cut it off 1 inch from the top, glue the end shut and glue some butterfly pins on the back - you've got a side pocket index.
Keep thinkin' guys... these are some great ideas!
To a different Wal-mart isle. . .
Get a visor organizer built to hold glasses, keys and the alike. They have one by "Bell" for $2.43.
Put it on the right side of your jacket and you have another great organizer.
Dustin
Those are all great ideas :) I'm gonna try it with what I use with is not much,but I believe it's a great idea for management issues.
Dose anyone have any ideas how I can hide a champaine ( Sorry for the mispelling) bottle in my jacket?
You know what I recently discovered - Boarding pass wallets. Target sells a pretty good one. I think it's $10.

Anyway, a champaign bottle is pretty bulky - under your arm is pretty much the only place I can think of. What kind of angles are you looking at here?
Message: Posted by: themagiciansapprentice (May 31, 2008 02:30PM)
Here the visor cd-pouches are only 100 fils (40 cents).

for the champagne bottle check out David Ginn's coke bottle in jacket on youTube or http://www.ginnmagic.com
Not quite a jacket organizer, but I like the idea of a high-quality over the shoulder (cross body) messenger bag, or even small camera bag. Good quality looks classy and stylish, and you can fit way more in there. Of course this is for transportation and storage and not for secret production items, but for multiple decks, coins, ropes, TTs, rubber bands and anything else you might want for close up or strolling work, these are great...
I have a small shoulder bag from Lewis n Clark I like very much...

http://www.lewisnclark.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=373&zenid=6e14aabdc59f1acb09517fb8706b54e3
Wow awesome idea man! I seen 6 CD visors too
(Double)

But also my briefcase and pouches still work great. I like to just set them down under the table ala Mark Leveridge. Or sometimes I will just store the items in my briefcase and leave it in the back if I don't need to carry it. I have several different camera cases too for various sized effects, but this is great for those not wanting to carry a case. But I find it easier to see the stuff in my bag and just pick it out and use it with no fumbling. No one cares that I have a briefcase or "bag of magical goodies" either like some overthinking magicians think. In fact they can't wait to see what is inside always.
Runnin' through old posts looking for some good information. I read this post and went to find my old cd visors and dusted them off, some where bent outta shape from being stuffed in a drawer in the garage. I've loaded it up with jumbo coins, cds for productions and misc card stuff.
I'm going to use them for practicing and cycling other material and props through them to keep them handy.
Great application.