(Close Window)
Topic: Pop Card
So, I finally went out and got Pop Card. Let me preface this by saying that this will NOT work for everyone. In the demo, the magician brings the pop tarts into the coffee shop. At first I was slighted by this, and kept asking why? How is that organic to the environment?

However if you do table hopping, or work at a coffee shop in the morning this could work. Bringing a pop tart is not any more out of context than bringing sponge balls etc. It is magic afterall...

The DVD begins with the demo, and then proceeds with the explanation. It is obvious a lot of thought went into every step of this effect. None of the necessary items needed to prepare, are anything you wouldn't already have.

My only suggestion is that you be somewhat familiar with card magic, as the control taught leaves something to be desired. If you can do a pass, or basic card control, this would be a great effect to practice it on.

Overall this dvd is well produced, and the novelty of the effect works!
What's the effect?
A card is found in a pop tart, that simple. Here is the problem. The DVD was put together by two stage guys who had good intentions but lacked close up skills, which they admit. This is a case of 'just because you can conceivably get a card into something it doesn't mean you should' because the loading is ackward and the performing circumstances are hard to come across. How often do you find yourself in a situation where you have vanished a card while at the same time you are going to eat a pop tart? It is simply a routine that was marketed for the sake of putting something on the market.

That being said the guys behind this dropped the ball because they tried to present this straight. I wrote a routine for it as a kids show piece because kids relate to pop tarts, it is messy, and crumbling pop tarts is funny if you act like you don't want it to fall apart. This really makes a good kids show effect and due to the lack of real magical experience of the twins (stage performing can be done by non magicians since it mostly consist of what I call The Three Pees, those being Prancing, Posing, and Pointing) they failed to notice this. Had they brought it out as a kids show routine I think they'd have a winner, since they didn't, it is useless....except to you kids show types.
Thanks for the background Santa! I hadn't realized it was already Christmas....
GREAT idea about doing it for a kids show. I believe both Brian from Creative Magic and Jason Palter have cards that look like kids Flash Cards. It may be worth consider using those (or at least a deck with bunnies or puppies on them).

Someone asked me when discussing this effect "why a pop tart". to which I replied "why a bill in lemon". But the bill in lemon really kills and although I have not tried this I'd imagine it plays strong as well. It's very funny by the nature of the props.

Tim Trono
The bill in lemon is a keeper cuz that durn lemon is more common than a pop tart.

The bill in pop tart is extremely funny if you play it right because it is unusual more than anything else. For those wanting to do this the DVD does tip the right type of pop tart (flavor) and it can be a great piece. Just because the DVD doesn't present its potential, unfortunately, I came away with a killer routine using it.
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Feb 20, 2008 02:35PM)
We thank everyone for there comments about our product. We are very excited to bring this effect to the magic community. We choose the street approach because it was a different approach and felt it would be more acceptable to the magic biz(current trend). We use "Pop Card" in our stage show and kids show. This is our first product and comments are welcome, so we can bring the best out of what we deliver as a product. The only thing we did not explore was routines for the effect cause there is SOOO many ways you can do this effect and our concept was not to provide a cookie cutter routine yet to provide you with the tools and expertise on how to execute. In our future product we will supply you with more detailed routines to accommodate those that need routines to follow.

Lemon's are just as common as a Pop Tart. More then 2 billion pop tarts are sold each year. So everyone is familiar with the pop tart.

Magic Santa. I like the exploring of a signed bill to pop tart. Very awesome idea.

Again thank you all for your support and for those that are interested and would like to learn more about what we are talking about please visit: http://store.themirrorimages.com

Have a wonderful day.

Cheers,
If anyone would like an observation with a broader base, you might read the comment I posted in a previous Pop Card thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=231583&forum=218&start=30

Thanks,
Sean
I have not purchased this effect but after reading the comments I am intrigued. I don't do kid shows but I perform for college age kids and believe me..poptarts are a way of life..just like the salad bar. HHHHMMMMMMMMMM...something for me to think about.

Charlie
There, in one post I commented that if you had a cafateria or setting where a pop tart is part of the environment it would work...those are limited to schools and small airport waiting areas. I'd play it like a failed trick. A card is picked and you don't locate it and then get your pop tart and few minutes later while eating it the card is found.

Where you going to school? USF? My nephew was just tossed out of San Francisco State for being a dimwitted momma's boy.
Actually, for three years I performed at college campuses all over the country, and I am working on a new show to return to that market. My thought would be to have a card selected and signed and lost. During the show, a snack is in order and well, you can see where this is going. This sounds interesting....
Yes, for you it is stage then. It can work with stage but of course no one will bite that you really wanted a snack during the show but that is cool, people don't buy into a lot of what we do! Good luck with the new show.
Well Santa, it's probably reasonable to assume you are not a "street assassin" or "stage guy", or “blank faced Blaine disciple” or “Hallway Hitman”. It may also be fair to say you may not be giving a fair opinion. The obvious observation is that you may have some prejudice regarding street/stage magicians, or anyone who does not pick up and lay down the same act table to table. You are referring to a group of performers in a derogatory way, at least that is how it sounds to me. Kinda dangerous territory, and a bit small minded. Don't take my word for it, does anyone else get this impression from your posts?

Also, you tend to make a lot of presumptions about this effect. One funny thing is the crumbs. There is a great utility item readily available for this dilemma, like a napkin! You could try placing it flat on the table before the effect begins, keeping the pop tart held over it when it’s extraction time! One more thing, tell me what self-respecting restaurant finds the mere presence of mere crumbs to be intolerable? Santa, do you have a tattoo? Because I swear you’re living on Fantasy Island.

Did you even purchase this effect? How much have you actually worked with it? If you did purchase this effect, where a signed card is withdrawn from a real Pop Tart, why do you make posts complaining about “messy”, “crumbs” and “not immediately repeatable”? Which one of these did you imagine not being a part of the effect? How long have you been in the business? BTW, for “messy” there’s this great utility item……..

You basically just repeated the same post twice I responded to the first time, but then again I forgot you check your list twice.

Thanks,
Easter bunny
Well young Sean you are full of bs. If you can't see why this type of thing isn't suitable for table work then you are either blind or just don't want to come to terms with it. The performing styles that I said it wouldn't be, in my opinion, good for can come and explain why they think it would work for them. There are plenty of items that I've reviewed that I've said would be perfect for the 'street assassins' and 'hallway hitmen' and whatever it is you are perhaps.

Now you ask questions and I'll respond to them.

Q:Did you even purchase this effect?
Answer: Well, I certainly didn't shop lift it, I have it sitting right here under my clip board. I don't comment on items based on promo videos or anything like that, if I have it I comment, if I don't I don't.

Q: How much have you actually worked with it?
Answer: Quite a bit, gave me an excuse to buy a bunch of the poptarts because I love the recommended flavor (which I won't tip). They are fragile, difficult to load smoothly, and hard to transport. If you watch the video, assuming you have, you'll note the young man performing didn't load it very smoothly at all and he then excused it by stating he isn't a card guy or close up guy. I then pondered the item, which I do before putting together a review because there may be a perspective I'm not seeing. It then hit me that it may work great for kids show and I had one set up, scripted it out, and it worked great because of the same reasons it isn't great in other performing situations. It could work on stage if presented well.

Q: If you did purchase this effect, where a signed card is withdrawn from a real Pop Tart, why do you make posts complaining about “messy”, “crumbs” and “not immediately repeatable”?
Answer: Huh? As for the immediately repeatable part, which I did understand, once again that was for specific performing situations and the two I gave, I believe, were strolling and tableside. They are fragile, what are you going to do? Run back and reload after each performance? I don't care what the effect is, if you have to run back to the kitchen during the night you shouldn't be doing it. Same with strolling. As for the Blainiacs no self respectful follower of the black deck would every lower him/herself to performing with at pop tart. Since the fragility isn't as major a problem for stage and kids show that is why I said it works in those cases.

Q. Which one of these did you imagine not being a part of the effect?
Answer: To be honest I was lead to believe the DVD was on something else rather than finding a card in a pop tart, it isn't called Card To Pop Tart now is it?

Q: How long have you been in the business?
Answer: Oh I'm just a newbie, only been doing it for about 37 years.

Being the kind soul I am I have no challenges or question for you because it is pretty clear to me a few things and I don't care about the other stuff. I will tell you that I did more than many would have done, I found a good use for the idea. I think my opinions are pretty dead on. If you want to carry around a pocket full of pop tarts and think it is an effective routine when working tables or strolling then more power to you. I just don't happen to believe you do it nor that anyone does it and I don't think the creators do it other than on stage and the entire packaging of this DVD was to sell it to the 'street magicians', even on their site it is listed as being street magic. Just to let you know there are lots of great effects that are not suitable for table work or strolling and excluding something from that catagory isn't derogitory by any streatch, not everything created works in every circumstance, you just need the wisdom and honesty to seperate out what will work in what arena.

Any other questions or clearification needed?
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Feb 21, 2008 09:41PM)
Thanks Santa for the honest and open reply. As usual, I enjoyed your views . . .

On this note - I am sure there are more than a handful of Café members who will agree with me that the reviews that Santa writes are objective, with a slight balance towards the positive side.

Personally, I did benefit a lot from his views and recommendations.
Thank you. I tend toward the positive because just because I don't have a use for something doesn't mean in anothers hands it would not be brilliant.
I'll throw my two cents in as well, thanks Santa. I appreciate the review and the candor, makes it easier for me since I am going through a lot of material currently preparing for a new show. Thanks again.

Charlie
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Feb 22, 2008 06:57AM)
[quote]
On 2008-02-21 23:49, MagicSanta wrote:
Thank you. I tend toward the positive because just because I don't have a use for something doesn't mean in anothers hands it would not be brilliant.
[/quote]

You know my opinion about that my friend . . . .
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Feb 22, 2008 12:04PM)
Hey gang. Wow.... Lets all step back and just breath here. Both Sean and Magic Santa hold very valid points. We thank you for all the input you guys have on the product we sell. Please remember we are not card magician as we state in the DVD. Thus why we created something simple slights to work for this effect. Why should I lye? But I feel we created an effect that works and has a WOW factor that we hear about all the time. Everyone wants to know how the pop tart effect works. The load is quiet easy and it takes practice. Just like every effect you do. I think I practiced more on the raven then any other effect I have done for restaurant work. But it will take time and practice.

I hear great stories from other performers that perform the effect today. So yes you guys are right it really depends who it will work for. Not every trick out there is made for everyone.

About being messy. Well lets just say it is a great visual. Something that really sells the effect. Just an extra element to the effect. And you have a napkin you can clean up with. A great addition with the napkin is Michael Modes Napkins. ( http://www.napkinrose.com/ ) You can clean the table and then make a rose and give it to them. Just have to think outside the box. We have many routines that we do with the effect and have been considering coming out with a second version for routines. Have not made a final decision about that yet.

Magic Santa we perform this for our restaurant gigs, stage shows, fair shows, and close up shows. They work great at each event. Just want to clear that up. For restaurant we don't do it for every table. What we do is have several made up in the kitchen and we just go reload. That or you have a box full of them and inside a box is 6 total pop tarts you can use.

Also Magic Santa we totally forgot about the kid shows. Glad this worked out great for one of your shows. Something that we never thought off adding to the marketing aspect of the product. Some things are over looked.

Well guys please play nice. Thank you again. Talk to you all soon.

Cheers,
Ok, I'm going to approach this from another angle for you. First, you really need to acknowledge the way you slammed street/stage magicians. The other fellows speaking of objectivity might want to do that as well. Otherwise, your opinions come off more like bullets. Your "reviews" may be more validated that way.

Q1. You still did not answer the question? If you are going to review it, I'm sure you supported the Magic Community by purchasing it. So where did you purchase it?
Q2. The load was fine, close up guy or not. Could be mistaken, but I think it was Daryl who talked about how you handle cards at a table. You make it a lot harder for yourself by finger flinging sometimes, because now they will you burn you and turn up the skepticism dial. However, if you can get over not doing the acrobatics you will not excite their suspicion. BTW, the guy that made the most tips at Illusions Restaurant in Carmel, IN (where I worked for a few years) did sponge bunnies. It is all personality when it comes to restaurant, that's the final word. Michael & Steven definately have that.
Q. Too Fragile? Tell me, what's more fragile than invisible thread??? Maybe, just maybe keeping them in the original box while in the bag would work. That's not a difficult obstacle to navigate. Reloading, as I said before & before; you may not want to do the effect at every table, hold it back to do when it will do the most good. You may could go back and read the original post on the old thread where I said this. If you want to do it repeatedly, fine. You could prep a few Pop Tarts for the night before you go to work! Also, I know lots of guys that will go reload and hit the next table. Most guys need a breath between tables.
Q. Anyone else think they weren't working with a Pop-Tart?, HUH?
Q. If you are a kind soul, then maybe try going a little easier on these guys because of how they do something. If you're going to review street/stage effects when it doesn't sound like you do them, then maybe it's fair not to review them. I think that's being objective.

Sean
Also, I guess if 34 posts make me young I can have a new lower back at the age of 33.

Sean
I don't know where you get the idea I was capping on street or stage magicians, that is a figment of your imagination.

Q: Q1. You still did not answer the question? If you are going to review it, I'm sure you supported the Magic Community by purchasing it. So where did you purchase it?

Answer: You want to know the name of the places I purchase magic? Very odd. I buy from elmagicshop.com , The Magic Warehouse, Hank Lee's, Denny and Lee, and every so often from Penguin Magic. I believe this one was a company called pro magic. This is beyond odd, are you implying I have never seen the DVD? I don't want to tip anything from the DVD but do you want me to announce the flavor they recommend? I doubt they would like that very much. So where did you get yours? We can share like little girls!

Q2. The load was fine, close up guy or not. Could be mistaken, but I think it was Daryl who talked about how you handle cards at a table. You make it a lot harder for yourself by finger flinging sometimes, because now they will you burn you and turn up the skepticism dial. However, if you can get over not doing the acrobatics you will not excite their suspicion. BTW, the guy that made the most tips at Illusions Restaurant in Carmel, IN (where I worked for a few years) did sponge bunnies. It is all personality when it comes to restaurant, that's the final word. Michael & Steven definately have that.

Answer: That isn't a question that would be what we call a 'statement'. You seem to think I am attacking Michael and Steven, I am not, if they think I am maybe they can be big boys and defend themselves w/out your unneeded help. Dang, is there anyone who HASN'T worked in Carmel, Indiana?

Q. Too Fragile? Tell me, what's more fragile than invisible thread??? Maybe, just maybe keeping them in the original box while in the bag would work. That's not a difficult obstacle to navigate. Reloading, as I said before & before; you may not want to do the effect at every table, hold it back to do when it will do the most good. You may could go back and read the original post on the old thread where I said this. If you want to do it repeatedly, fine. You could prep a few Pop Tarts for the night before you go to work! Also, I know lots of guys that will go reload and hit the next table. Most guys need a breath between tables.

Answer: In MY opinion they are too fragile and too messy and I don't like wandering off to reload. You think it is fine and wonderful and since I don't care what you do as a performer go ahead and do what you want. I also don't use IT because it is a pain and breaks too easily. How does that grab you? Most guys don't need a breath between tables and to wander off to reload, you maybe, most I don't think so.

Q. Anyone else think they weren't working with a Pop-Tart?, HUH?

Answer: Couldn't tell you, use your imagination like you did about stage magicians to find the answer.

Q. If you are a kind soul, then maybe try going a little easier on these guys because of how they do something. If you're going to review street/stage effects when it doesn't sound like you do them, then maybe it's fair not to review them. I think that's being objective.

Answer: I don't think I was hard on them at all. You, again, are building a castle in your mind. The problem is they are likely your pals or you perceive them to be, so you feel the need to defend them when defense isn't needed. I give honest answers regardless of who the creator is. I've given bad reviews to people who are friends of mine and good ones to people I thought were punks. I have never heard of these two young men before so I do not like or dislike them, they seem like nice fellows. My review isn't bad either but I give a suggestion on what I thing gives value to the DVD but I am not going to lie and say that putting a card into a pop tart is the universal great effect you seem to think it is. Read some of my reviews, there are some DVDs that were panned by others because they were 'street' effect that I gave good reviews too from the perspective of that performing arena. I have done stage before but I am not an illusionist, I don't do them, don't buy them, don't review them. I suggest you quit being their momma and give up on your attempt to back me down. Also if you like I can send a photo of the DVD since you don't believe I own the dang thing.
OK SANTA- YOU WIN.
WHEN YOU OVERREACT AND THREATEN TO EXPOSE THE MATERIAL IN THE DVD, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. YOU ARE RIGHT. YOU'RE THE EXPERT. NO ONE CAN TELL YOU ANYTHING. MY APOLOGIES TO STEVEN & Michael.
SEAN SCOTT
I'm not threatening anything. I'm beginning to wonder about your stability. You don't believe I have the DVD, I do, but I said I wasn't going to expose the right flavor to you to prove it. Nice way to hit the backdoor though...scurry lil' fella, scurry.
I like this DVD and figured that it simply being unique was reason enough for me to get it.

Not sure what the fuss over everything is on this thread but I do have to say Sean that your Margarita glass production is neat but you gotta be careful as a certain something flashes during a couple of the productions. I think I saw that glass production in Tarbell somewhere.
Tell me where I implied you havne't seen the DVD? The reason I asked about your purchase is to help me decide whether or not to listen to your comments about the product. If you didn't buy it legit, then I'd be quiet. Remember me mentioning supporting the Magic Community? Why do you think I would ask that? Think, answer your own question first. If you did tell me that info, how would that tell me even if or where you purchased it? The fact you won't answer a simple question and feel you have to get hot about it is definately instability.

Sean Scott
Majestic

Glad you like MXL, but this thread is about Pop Card. My production is not in Tarbell, or in anything else I'm aware of. I know the origins and footnote them in the DVD. Not sure about what flashes you're talking about. Please IM me if you want to talk about it. I'd be happy to.
Thanks,
Sean
Good Lord Sean Scott, you do ramble on don't you? I have the g'dang DVD! I don't comment on an item I don't have. I've answered you a couple of times and even told you where it came from! Listen, I'm writing you off as a crank and nothing more.
You are running scared. You said you believe it was pro magic? I found a few of them, not necessarily retail. Come on. Admit you didn't buy the effect but feel you're enough of an ass to wax expert. What a wierdo. Scurry, Scurry.
Sean
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Feb 22, 2008 08:14PM)
I do not get it - why can't we have a fact based discussion without getting personal?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion and judgement. What works for one gut does not necessary work for another one. Shall we start a war over that?
WOW!!!! All this reading has made me hungry for a snack, what will I have, I know a Pop Tart. LOL

Let me start by saying I have seen this effect first hand, actually it was at one of Steven and Michaels shows. I remember thinking wow that’s unique, what an interesting idea. After the show Michael and I started brain storming and I had the idea to use the premises of a commercial break to set up the effect.
We all know how annoying TV commercials are and how creative sponsors are getting with product placement. So why not have a sponsor for your show, a sponsors like Kellogg’s Pop Tarts. I can see after your volunteer selects, signs and try’s to find the card the previously lost in the deck you stop for a commercial break.
Using a voice over guy to deliver the commercial lines would really make it good but you could do it your self using a cheesy VOICE OVER GUYS voice. During the break you open a box of Pop Tarts and offer one to your volunteer. As you both bite into the pop tarts you discover something strange, there signed card.

A few other things:

1. You talk about the creative ways of product placement just before you do the commercial break.
2. Have the voice over guy walk you through the action of opening the box and biting into the pop tarts much like the Vanishing Bandanna routine.
3. Use funny commercial music to play you out of the routine.
4. Wrap the pop tart up in a zip lock bag for the volunteer to take home, use this action to make a joke about the long walk to your seat sponsored by Zip Lock bags.

This is just an idea, some may like it some may hate it so take it for what its worth. FREE

Lance Richardson
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Feb 22, 2008 08:27PM)
I need to get me a pop tart . . . hungry now
DVD cover description:
General: background blue with white swirls to lack a better term.
Front: From top:Peter Loughran Presents: then "Steven & Michael Pignataro's" then Pop Card with a spade where the A should be and it shows a left hand holding a pop tart with a bite out of it and a card extended that is the king od diamonds with the name Michael on it but you only see the Mich and part of the 'a'.
Back: Pop.Card again with the spad. The idea is to duplication the nutritional information on food products, in this case it says Illusion Facts. I won't list everything but the art was by Design Innovations and the video edit by Greg Krajewski, Michael directed while Peter was behind the marketing (street man!). You get the normal speel and mentions that Pop.Tarts is a registered trademark of Kelloggs Company, the very bottom of the lable says "2007 Mirror Images All Rights Reserved and the print is in white.
The Disk: Ha the same thing as the cover front and if you look at it with the pop tart at the bottom the copywrite information, again in white, is on the left hand side of the disk. The style of box is one where you push in the center to release the disk, instructions pressed into the holder under the disk in a smother rectangle
Spine: Says Pop.Card again with the spade on the left if held horizontal with the DVD logo to the right.

I defy anyone who has this to tell me that any aspect of my description is incorrect.

In fact I'll one more step. Andy, if you PM me your address I will mail you this DVD as a gift and you can verify it exist.

Lance, it is an interesting idea.
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Feb 22, 2008 10:53PM)
OK OK OK. STOPPPPP. Enough is enough. Please shake hands and get along. I read so much that my eyes are blurred LOL. Ok let me jump in a chim in here. I really thank you guys for being so passionate about your stance. That is awesome. But lets step back here for a second. An opinion is opinion. We are all entitled to one. The one person that taught me a lot about creating magic is Peter. He said there will be magicians that will not like and will like the effect. It is the nature of the business and we accept this. Please I see both sides. This went from a Pop Card thread to a bashing each other in the head thread with pop tarts.

I will tell you I have heard personally from magicians that this works for them and this doesn't. Most of the owners of Pop Card say they LOVE it. but there are those that are skeptical. Not many but still you will always have someone that is not happy.

Magic Santa you stated it works great for your kids show. That is awesome. I am happy it works great in this style of a show for you. Sean you said it works great in your restruant work and that is perfect. There are many other ways the effect can be used and don't let those creative cells go to waste.

Well I hope this clears some things up with you two. I am sure we can all get along now. I see this where we just get personal some times. Remember these are words and we are putting mix emotions in the words. If that all makes sense.

Lance again that idea rocked and we use this concept in our show today. Gets a great reaction all the time. Lots of different routines can be done depending on the style/type of magic you are doing.

Best,

PS. please play nice you two. You both are very impressive thinkers. Don't let that go to waste.
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Feb 22, 2008 10:56PM)
Santa,
wow . . . very generous offer. Are you sure?
Will PM you my adress, but feel free to reconsider making such an investment for arguments sake.

For me, despite the fact that I do not even know who is behind the funny alias, your integrity is unquestionable.

A general comment on this -
I have been around the Café some time, read most of the posts - including MagicSanta's. And by that, I was able to form my own opinion about the frequent posters.

Andy

Andy
Thank you Steven & Michael for the kinds words, I am glad you took this old guys advice and implemented the idea into your performance of the Pop Card. The idea was giving to you and all here on the Café under the umbrella of MAGICIANS HEPING MAGICIANS. Now my idea is only one way to perform Pop Card I know there will be many others.
I look forward to the day when I see a video on YouTube of some guy using this effect in a way that makes us ALL crazy, crazy enough we would pay anything to have it. So the question is who will be the first to take the effect and make it GOLD?

Magicsanta, I feel honored that you see a little something in my idea.

Lance
[quote]
On 2008-02-22 15:06, SeanScottMagic wrote:
Ok, I'm going to approach this from another angle for you. First, you really need to acknowledge the way you slammed street/stage magicians.
[/quote]
Sean,

You're alone on this one, man. I'm not seeing it. After reading your accusations toward magic santa, I reread his posts looking for evidence to back up your claims toward him, and I found nothing. I thought he was very complimentary. In fact, the producers of the DVD even chimed in and thanked him for his review and his kid's show idea.

I'm not sure why you're so upset. He was offering an opinion, and pretty much got flamed out of the blue by you for no reason that I could see.

I've read many of his reviews, and he is very fair and objective with his reviews.
OK I am going to an odd duck, I will comment on the DVD and the effect, instead of commenting on the above posts. I own it, I bought it from the Twins when it first came out. When I first watched it I HATED it, I felt is was an unworkable idea and the DVD a tad sloppy. Then I tried it and it kills, I use it in my birthday show and am writing it into a new Mind Reading Toaster routine(thenks Paul R) for my Family shows. I like the fact it is different, and the fact of the pop tart, in my opinion takes the heat off the load. Almost every time the helper who gets the poptart in the bag ends up eating it so all we have is a sloppy card with him name on it going home. I am getting more comments from Adults regarding this effect than any other in my current show. I am not a card guy at all, but with a little study and practice I was able to manage the slights involved. That and some well placed misdirection covers the load well. My only issue with the effect is, it uses a different playing card than the usual. Not a huge problem but I had to search a bit more for the required cards. Sorry for being vaugem but get the DVD and you will understand. Just my 2cents Phil
You use it in a stand up situation then for formal shows?
Magic Santa, I assume your asking me, So far I use it at birthday parties. I am writing it in to my version of a Paul Romhaneny effect the mind reading toaster. Lets me use the silly toaster more and is a great tie in with it. I think anyway as it is only on paper so far. I liked the idea of the product placement aspect Hmmmmmm But in my Bday shows it is working well. All the best Phil
So you use the it the same way I do. I'm telling ya guys, if you do magic shows for kids this can kill, not sure why it was marketed the way it was.
Message: Posted by: The Mirror Images (Mar 18, 2008 05:29PM)
If you need the special cards we do sell them. Just drop us an e-mail. We are going to get them on the site here shortly. We can always add to the marketing the kids part. Doesn't mean we cant do that. Thank you for the insight Magic Santa.

Michael
[quote]
On 2008-03-17 21:58, MagicSanta wrote:
So you use the it the same way I do. I'm telling ya guys, if you do magic shows for kids this can kill, not sure why it was marketed the way it was.
[/quote]

MagicSanta, The Café is a better place with you here. Your reviews are always on the mark. It's quite obvious that you are a performer for many years.

Thanks for your valuable advice!!
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Mar 18, 2008 06:38PM)
[quote]
On 2008-03-18 18:29, The Mirror Images wrote:
If you need the special cards we do sell them. Just drop us an e-mail. We are going to get them on the site here shortly. We can always add to the marketing the kids part. Doesn't mean we cant do that. Thank you for the insight Magic Santa.

Michael
[/quote]

How about rewarding the guys that helped you to shape the product target audience? This kind of insight is worth heavy bucks - if you pay a consultant . . . .
God I'm old! And fat! And bald! But some how I'm still sexy....
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Mar 18, 2008 11:34PM)
[quote]
On 2008-03-18 21:52, MagicSanta wrote:
God I'm old! And fat! And bald! But some how I'm still sexy....
[/quote]

Guess there are elements of facts and fiction here . . .