(Close Window)
Topic: Coming soon - Extreme Burn by Richard Sanders
I am a huge fan of the Pat Page/Fred Kaps Easy Money plot. I was a big proponent in Greg Wilson releasing his Hundy 500 and helped Greg with that project. I was a big proponent when I saw Richard Sanders' Slow Burn. I thought the bar had been reached and then I saw Karl Hein do his Heiny 500 and strongly encouraged Karl to release this as it once again raised the bar on this great plot. I thought nothing could come along that would touch Hundy, Slow Burn, and Heiny until I saw Richard Sanders new "Extreme Burn". "Extreme Burn" will be previewed in a very limited run of 100 units at Blackpool. Don't walk but RUN to buy this. You just won't believe how visual the changes are and it is LOADED with different ideas, handlings, etc. on Richard's improvement (consider working in Karl's count and some of his shows as well as Greg Wilson's thoughts from Hundy). Murphy's will have it a week or so after Blackpool so it will be available through your favorite dealer but if I were at Blackpool (I can't go due to my leg injuries) I'd buy one in a heart beat. This is SO good. It looks like trick photography. Wait until you see the clips. I am getting a copy of the finished DVD soon so will post more detailed information. This may well be one of the BIG releases of 2008.

Tim Trono
Jeez, so many variations of this one effect. I can't say I mind though since it's my closer.
I LOVE Richard's Slow Burn. I think it was the best version of Kapps/Page plot. As with all of Richard's magic. it LOOKS like real magic, not just a "trick".

Richard is one of the most brilliant Magicians in the world today and this is exciting news that he has taken the effect to another level!
I just recently got Slow Burn and love it. Maybe I should have waited for this version.... Story of my life.
How many versions do we need?
Just the Fred Kaps version of the Pat Page idea is enough for me!
Well, if it's from Richard Sanders, then I say anything is worthwhile and worth getting excited. I'm looking forward for the releasing of this effect! Cheers!!!
Certainly if you use the Pat Page/Fred Kaps version (it should be noted that the originator is Patrick Page, Fred Kaps changed it and popularized it) then more power to you. It is a great handling and has stood the test of time. Definitely use what works for YOU. It's not so much that we need a new version but it's amazing to see the improvements. As I said in my initial post, I didn't think it could go beyond Hundy 500 as I personally felt that was a big improvement over the Pat Page routine. Then I saw Karl Hein's Heiny 500 and was amazed at the count, shows, etc. - it just made it look that much more like real magic. I actually recommended considering combining ideas from Heiny with Hundy. Then I saw several full clips of Richard Sanders' "Extreme Burn"... it looks like magic... no folding... just the change right with no cover. What until you see the clips! As in any routine I always recommend one learn ALL they can about it... look up and study Pat Page, Bob King, Fred Kaps, Mark Allen, Jim Pace, Greg Wilson, Karl Hein, Richard Sanders, etc. and pull what YOU like from all of them... what works for you, what feels right for you. Personally I don't look it as just another version... I look at it as raising the bar.

Tim Trono
[quote]
On 2008-02-16 13:07, Tim Trono wrote:
Certainly if you use the Pat Page/Fred Kaps version (it should be noted that the originator is Patrick Page, Fred Kaps changed it and popularized it) then more power to you. It is a great handling and has stood the test of time. Definitely use what works for YOU. It's not so much that we need a new version but it's amazing to see the improvements. As I said in my initial post, I didn't think it could go beyond Hundy 500 as I personally felt that was a big improvement over the Pat Page routine. Then I saw Karl Hein's Heiny 500 and was amazed at the count, shows, etc. - it just made it look that much more like real magic. I actually recommended considering combining ideas from Heiny with Hundy. Then I saw several full clips of Richard Sanders' "Extreme Burn"... it looks like magic... no folding... just the change right with no cover. What until you see the clips! As in any routine I always recommend one learn ALL they can about it... look up and study Pat Page, Bob King, Fred Kaps, Mark Allen, Jim Pace, Greg Wilson, Karl Hein, Richard Sanders, etc. and pull what YOU like from all of them... what works for you, what feels right for you. Personally I don't look it as just another version... I look at it as raising the bar.

Tim Trono
[/quote]

Well said. I'm still open for new ideas. Let's keep trying to improve this wonderful trick.

Robert
I heard that T11 is about to put out a new one. It's supposed to look like trick photography.
Extreme Burn trailer is up on Richiards site: it looks like trick photography! I gasped when the change was made.

http://www.sandersfx.com
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Feb 19, 2008 04:33PM)
That's amazing! 9 changes?
[quote]
On 2008-02-16 20:55, Sir Pharaul wrote:
I heard that T11 is about to put out a new one. It's supposed to look like trick photography.
[/quote]Yeah called "Prophet". Nobody is sure if it it -just- a bill change. We will just have to wait and see.
Looks hot! Richard you got me. I'll definitely be forking over the real dough for the magic dough.

No monkey business, no fartin' around. They just change. Love it!
Does this use the same gimmick as Hundy 500. It says it comes with a specially manufactured gimmick.

Jeff
No, the move is totally different in Extreme Burn!
Without tipping anything it does use a gimmick but you can do ANYTHING you want to from Hundy 500, Heiny 500, etc. with this. It's not what I originally thought it was - it's better.

I have seen all of the various changes and they are just incredible.

Tim
Yeah, that demo blew my mind. I am officially, and happily, fooled!
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Very nice. I thought Hundy and Heiny 500 were great. This one just fried my brains.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Feb 19, 2008 08:08PM)
Wow! Stumped! Am I right in thinking I saw bills of different sizes used? In which case meaning the UK finally get a chance to perform this....
Dam, just when I thouight I had the best bill switch out there, along comes this...

Just GOT to have it!!!
I hope he sells this in a limited edition...IMHO 25 bucks is waaaay too cheap. I would buy this for $99.95 and I'd probably buy all of them!!! Same with his Interlace.

Richard are you insane!!!?? Raise the price immedialtely you crazy genious!
I too am befuddled and thoroughly amazed. Pre-ordered it immediately and can't wait for it to be released!
[quote]
On 2008-02-20 00:03, Silvio Solaris wrote:
I hope he sells this in a limited edition...IMHO 25 bucks is waaaay too cheap. I would buy this for $99.95 and I'd probably buy all of them!!! Same with his Interlace.

Richard are you insane!!!?? Raise the price immedialtely you crazy genious!
[/quote]

I agree 100%. These creative genius's release their creations for much less than they should. It shows they care more about the craft than the money!
WOW WOW WOW this is going to be the last multiple bill change I will ever purchase. The demo is magically delicious!!
"It shows they care more about the craft than the money!"

On the contrary, they are priced so that they sell more product, and thus make more money. All items are released to make money. Just my opinion.
After watching the demo, I feel as if I have been punched right in the face. Need I say I will be getting this. On a side note, I always chuckle when I see Canadian money in demos.
The basic trick is so good, I think its well worth learning new ideas with this. Can not wait to see the dvd
Down here we have bills of different sizes ..will this work with bills of different size? TELL ME NOW! (pant. pant) the change I like the best is at 1:10 of the video.
Just may turn out to be THE runaway hot effect of '08!
Beautiful. as soon as I saw the demo I pre-ordered it.
Listen, Richard did this to me live and I started to laugh! Honestly I was laughing so hard. This will really fry people's brain Now, imagine yourself inviting one of your future clients to a restaurant, at the end, you go take out money to pay but you only have 1$ bills, BAND they transform to whatever 20$ or 100$ Imagine your clients reaction. Will they talk about you when they get back at the office? Of course they will!
Hard to figure a money effect more magical looking then Heiny 500 but this looks VERY magical
Don
[quote]
On 2008-02-22 09:30, Michel Huot wrote:
Listen, Richard did this to me live and I started to laugh! Honestly I was laughing so hard. This will really fry people's brain Now, imagine yourself inviting one of your future clients to a restaurant, at the end, you go take out money to pay but you only have 1$ bills, BAND they transform to whatever 20$ or 100$ Imagine your clients reaction. Will they talk about you when they get back at the office? Of course they will!
[/quote]

Your thinking along the same lines I am. The PROMOTIONAL possibilities, or the reputation making potential of this. Just tremendous.

Shoot, go to the store to buy whatever, and you "didn't bring as much money as you thought." No problem. Watch the cashiers eyes pop out like a cartoon rabbit as you INSTANTLY transform the ones into twenties, or hundreds. PERFECT "impromptu" magic! Perfect reputation maker.
Perhaps I'm seeing things but... during the first change, it looks like he starts with 4 bills (as stated) but counts 5 after the change.

Hope I'm wrong.
[quote]
On 2008-02-23 11:35, marco1 wrote:
Perhaps I'm seeing things but... during the first change, it looks like he starts with 4 bills (as stated) but counts 5 after the change.

Hope I'm wrong.
[/quote]

I watched the video again, and had to replay a few times, but I did see five $20s at the end...
[quote]
On 2008-02-23 11:35, marco1 wrote:

Hope I'm wrong.
[/quote]
Your right he changed $1x4 into 5x$20. Now you know there is a gimmick with the extra bill.
The write-up on the site says it's an effect with "4-5 bills."

Logically, I'd think this means that you can use either number of bills in any given effect -- not that you'd show four bills at the start but mysteriously have five bills at the end. That would be a whole other effect...

I guess we'll soon find out.

Cheers,
Jerry
I only saw 4 twenties. He counted them so fast, but I am sure there were only 4.
I saw richard do this live at blackpool and man is this good.It lookes even better in real life than on the demo for it A************

Dan
You do not have to go from 4 bills to 5. I have not watched the clip that close but if that is correct it is not necessary.

Tim
Just ordered.
Aussie uses plastic money. Can extreme burn be performed with plastic money??
(I have slow burn and it is difficult if not impossible to do with plastic money).
It should probably be the same difficulty as it utilizes the same gimmick I believe.
I do not think this has the same gimmick as Slow Burn I could be wrong. The demo just blew me away and I have slow burn, and it is simply devastating. This looks to be a real "money maker" in more way's then one =) I will make the $30 with shipping I paid for this back the first time I use this killer effect. I hope he ships soon :)

-Altrez
I headed for Richard's stand at Blackpool, thanks to Tim's tip off.

The effect is amazing and Richard sold out.

And yes, I bought one. :)
Hi Quentin

Would you be so kind as to confirm thatthis effect can be used with british currency? For example, could one change 5 notes into 10 notes?

Thanks Quentin
For those of you who got it already or had a chance to see it-- do you think there's anything to be gained by also buying Heiny 500?

- Frank
Hi Frank. Yes, Heiny 500 has some wonderful counts and shows that can be used with Extreme Burn, Hundy 500, etc. Don't pass it by.

Tim
Please don't buy this!

I don't want EVERYONE doing it! To put it simply if you buy it, you WILL use it. That Richard is a sick man!

Ben
For the people that already have this, how does it compare to heiny 500 or is it a totally different change altogether.

I like what I see, I just don't know if it is that much different then heiny 500
Thanks
Don
Hi Marcus,

It will change pieces of paper the same size to papers the same size. Richard changed pieces of paper cut from magic magazines into currency notes when he demmed it on his stand.

The effect (as with Heiny 500) is Pat Page's EASY MONEY from 1960 and the principle of both is the same as Pat's. Karl and Richard have each added a little something which makes the effect more visual.

Often those little somethings take years to figure out.
Quentin,

Thank you for your reply.

Marcus
I have Heiny 500 and Slow burn and use them both a lot. WHen I saw the demo of Extreme Burn I ordered it immediately! All I can say is WOW!!!
The demo looks VERY good! I immediately purchased it. I have been doing Hundy 500 for years now -- purchased Heiny 500 but didn't see that much of difference .. but this .. wow !! people's brains will fry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got one too at Blackpool and they went pretty quickly. He kept showing the effect to people . What a nice chap too. He's welcome in London anytime...
Dear fellows, before I buy this beautiful effect, can someone tell me if it makes use fo the exact same gimmick as Heiny 500? If so, then I'll think I stick to Heiny 500 until I see more reviews.

Thanks for your info.
The gimmick is the same as Slow Burn and Hundy 500, BUT it has a little something extra, so yes is the answer, no, no is the answer, or is it yes? I don't know make of it what you will!

Ben
I have this and I'll share a little tip ..if you have a decent photo copier and don't want to use real money especially if it's large currency ,then copy your orginal notes(money) so they are identical on both sides as your originals then you have your currency with you all the time and won't have to break in to your original cash. I did this as I have a decent all in one printer ,now I have this and don't need to spend my money as the notes look real enough ,tried this out and blew a few friends away with it..Also another useful tip if you want to impress at your local shop just take away one of your photo copied notes and add a real note so you can give it to the shop assistant to purchase your goods..

Man I can't tell you how good this is ..Richard performed this at blackpool and he fried everyone..Best effect to come out this year ,truly awesome.My notes look so real I'm over the moon :rotf: If you have not got this then get it trust me you will not be disappointed can be used with any currency and you can use your real currency if you want.
Hello
I got it yesterday from Canada.
Super fast delivery.

But first:
Hundy 500 with Gregory Wilson:
The operation may not be so happy.
It is too fast and indistinct.
The DVD, however, is great.
And yet, I recommend this DVD.
And everything by Gregory Wilson!

Slow burn:
Did I prefer something better.

Until now!

Extreme Burn:

Is an improvement.
A gimmick - Gimmick! lol
The DVD is just great!
Everything is explained and demonstrated exactly.
The moves are incredible.
And yet the handling is really simple.

I am not disappointed.
Richard has a good work done.
I forgive, therefore 9 / 10!

Buy it!

(Sorry for my english!)
So it can not be done with bills that has different sizes?
[quote]
On 2008-03-07 05:42, fridoliina89 wrote:
So it can not be done with bills that has different sizes?
[/quote]

Not with regular ones, no. If the size difference is only slight, you may opt to cut down the larger bill.
But forget about increasing the denomination: paper to bills, magazine or newspaper scraps to bills, photocopies to bills, monopoly money to genuine money, cheques to bills.... the options are limitless!
Got this in the mail today directly from Richard. Sat down and watched it almost immediately.

Very very happy with the effect! As you've seen from the video, it's incredibly visual. As far as I'm concerned, the handlings on Extreme Burn are the best I've seen for the Easy Money-style effects.

If you have Slow Burn, Hundy or Heiny, you'll have no trouble making up the Extreme Burn gimmick. Richard's teaching is clear and thorough, and he takes you step-by-step through the construction of the gimmick.

You can use this as a 4-bill change or a 5-bill change, whichever you prefer.

He covers several different handlings for all types of situations, allowing you to adapt to your surroundings (yes, you can do this fully surrounded) or just change up the handling as you see fit.

Gonna make this up soon and start working with it!

Not only do I beleive that this is more visual than other versions out there, there's pretty much no skill required! Yup, I think this will also be easier than the other stuff out there.

Recommended!

Kevin
Making the gimmick?? I thought its included with the DVD?
There is a gimmick included with the DVD.

That said, you will still need to built a gimmick depending on whether you want to changes 1's to 20's, 1's to 100's, canadian money, magazine clippings to money, etc.

Richard can't predict what country everyone is in, or how they'll want to perform the effect.

So, you get a gimmick that you use to build your gimmick, if that makes sense. ;)
If this is not clear, the basic gimmick is common to all multibill money changes and is assembled from said money (Richard provides excellent instrucitons in how to construct this). In addition to technique, Richard has provided a tiny, simple "thing" that allows you to modify any of the money change gimmicks and perform a set of novel appearing changes, still based on the old work
This is REALLY superb. I watched the DVD last night and every little detail is included. The instructions are top notch and the handlings look like magic.

Tim Trono
I have already made a second gimmick so I have one in 20's and one in 10's, I CANNOT get enough of this, peoples eyes literally pop out of their heads!

Cheers Richard,

Ben
Should have mine by Friday, can't wait!!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Mar 12, 2008 03:38PM)
So...can someone just confirm whether both the starting currency, and ending currency MUST be the same size?

Thanks
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Mar 12, 2008 03:39PM)
Yes, they have to be exactly the same size.
[quote]
On 2008-03-12 16:15, Nechto wrote:
I have already made a second gimmick so I have one in 20's and one in 10's, I CANNOT get enough of this, peoples eyes literally pop out of their heads!

Cheers Richard,

Ben
[/quote]

hi ben
is that UK notes you are using?
if so, I guess its from paper to notes, not notes to different value notes?
cheers mate
matt wainwright
ps. love the 2 !
No, they don't have to be EXACTLY the same size. Bills a little bit shorter will work. Richard said that on the DVD.
Just got the DVD and Gimmick (BIG SMILE) today. This is really well thought out and genious, killer material.

Great job Richard!

:band: :applause:
[quote]
On 2008-03-12 19:01, magicman4646 wrote:
No, they don't have to be EXACTLY the same size. Bills a little bit shorter will work. Richard said that on the DVD.
[/quote]
but I'm guessing that different uk note won't work?
Nope.Same applies to euro bills.The size is too different to work with the method of Extreme Burn.
But you could do some black/white photo copies and change those into some other bills.
I got mine today and all I can say is WOW! I fool myself with this one even though I know the "secret". I'll be using this method a LOT!
Also received mine today, I have heiny 500 and didn't think this was going to be THAT much better but Holy mackeral..This is AWESUME!!
Don
I'm still waiting! 15 days so far.
Yeah - this is utterly insane. One night with the DVD and I can nail all of his handlings. Wow - this definitely blows away all previous incarnations of this, as previously mentioned. Easy and incredible.

*** - I only wish this wasn't going to be as big as it is.
Where did you order from Jeff?
I got mine in 4 days fron Magicwarehouse..
Don
I PRE-ordered on the 27th, if it's not here by tuesday I will ask Richardwhat's wrong and maybe ask for a refund.

Magicwarehouse is my favorite dealer, along with Hocus Pocus.
I pre-ordered mine from MJM. They notified me this past Monday that they would be shipping them out first thing on Tuesday. On Thursday I got my package. Talk about fast service! WOW!
Tops Magic has it for a great price with free shipping in the US and Canada. They shipped mine on the same day. Here's a link: http://www.topsmagic.com/topshop/product_info.php?products_id=6493
This is just so soooo cool. Got it on friday, made it yesterday, performed it today! Extreme Burn is the best version of this effect I have ever seen. The changes look like real magic. Well done Richard a job very well done.

Peter
Hi peter
just out of interest, as you are another UK user
do / will you perform this in bills, or uk notes?
ie: magazine, blank paper to UK money ?
cheers mate
matt wainwright
Matt, may I answer as well? I don't know the sizes of your banknotes but here in Holland they are all different. That's why it seems a good choice for me to use copied banknotes to real ones.
Mine will be here soon. Richard Sanders doesn't release allot and when he does, it's been audience tested by him.
As great as Hundy 500 and Heiny 500 were, this is even better. So many visual changes to choose from.
I've never owned a previous bill switch, but I can't get enough of this one. I find myself practicing it every spare minute. I'm still astonished every time I see it happen in my hand.

signed,
A Proud Owner.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Mar 18, 2008 06:46PM)
The new $5 works perfect for this!

By the way, if anyone wants to know an good alternate gimmick for this effect if you want to make more sets, send a PM saying what the original gimmick is.