(Close Window)
Topic: Colour burn by David Forest
O.K. It looks like Mr Forest has come up with another gem here, going by the demo video at http://www.full52.com

However,im looking to puchase, but the link doesn't work? Is it just me?

Anyhow, looks superb - well done dave - looking forward to getting this little beauty!

Paul Knight
This is the effect I alluded to in another post. Dave has said that he would be setting this up soon, so it may not be available for purchase yet.

I have seen the finished project and I can guarantee that this will FRY anyone you show it to.

Well worth the wait.

Donny
Looks great, I could not get the link to work also.
It reminds me of a card change that Zack Allen created. Looks great.
I expect Dave is working on this as we speak!

Anyhow, looking forward to it. Hope I have it before Blackpool.

P.K.
I expect Dave is working on this as we speak!

Anyhow, looking forward to it. Hope I have it before Blackpool.

P.K.
I really wish this had been shown as a real world demo without all the slick editing so we could better judge the effect.
Trust me, its very clean.

A deck is removed from the box and any card is named. The named card changes its back color. Then another card changes its color, but this time, it only changes half way. VISUALLY. Then the entire deck.

It is the best color changing deck effect I have ever seen.

Donny
Yep, it looks great and I like the fact that it's also available as a pdf. David Forrest always put forth excellent and creative materials/effects!
Wow, I'm very excited about this. Looks great, can't wait.
Rory
I got an advanced copy of this and my thoughts are...

Out of all the good stuff Dave has put out, this is one of my favorites.

The visual change looks impossible and it fooled me bad.

This is very clever!

Steve
[quote]
On 2008-02-17 14:30, Donny Orbit wrote:
Trust me, its very clean.[/quote]

If its very clean, is there a video demo of the effect anywhere? The heavy editing of the clip makes it look very hyped.

Genghis
Looks kinda neat...lots of wrist killing and flustration counting. Is the gaff easy to make? $25 for one trick....I remember the day when a good book costs $35 to $40 and was filled with good card tricks.
Dave Forrest has been one of my favourite magicians for quite sometime and I always look forward to his releases. I think this time he has actually excelled himself!

Colourburn features quite possibly the most devastating colour change you will see - in SLOW MOTION. Dave has come up with something really special here. It looks like real magic and to top it all off, it's pretty easy to do. I had this up and running within an hour.

Dave teaches two routines and gives ideas for several others. After watching this I'm sure you'll come up with many other ideas yourself.

Highly recommended.

[quote]
On 2008-02-17 21:34, Harv wrote:
Looks kinda neat...lots of wrist killing and flustration counting. Is the gaff easy to make? $25 for one trick....I remember the day when a good book costs $35 to $40 and was filled with good card tricks.
[/quote]

Harv, the gaff is VERY easy to make. It will take you just a couple of minutes. I honestly think this would be worth it at twice the price!

Iain.
I have this now!!!
I LOVE it!!!!
10/10!!!

Gimmick is very very easy to make.

Highly recommended.
[quote]
On 2008-02-17 18:16, Genghis wrote:

If its very clean, is there a video demo of the effect anywhere? The heavy editing of the clip makes it look very hyped.
[/quote]

That's what I'm saying!
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Feb 18, 2008 10:08AM)
The link finally works and the effect is available.
How clean are you at the end of the effect? Is a deck switch needed to continue performing?
[quote]
On 2008-02-18 12:40, Newb2 wrote:
How clean are you at the end of the effect? Is a deck switch needed to continue performing?
[/quote]

Dave has included an easy clean-up so you don't have to do a deck switch.

Iain.
My only problem with this download is that it only viewable on a computer. from the screen shots on the website the navigation looks to be very good but I don't like to be limited to only play this on my computer. I normally take the downloads I purchase and burn them to dvd format so I can watch them on my home dvd player. this cannot be done with this download. I did email mr forrest asking about this and for anyone interested there will be a dvd version coming out in the very near future.
This effect is ridiculously magical.

For those of you who are on the fence because of the demo, the most important part of the effect, the slow motion change, is not chopped up with editing. The only parts which have cuts are the lead ins to the main effect. The slow motion change is what you are really buying here and you see that very clearly in the demo.

This is an excellent effect.

Harv, I understand what you are saying about books. But individual effects have been and are sold at all sorts of price ranges. $25 for a single effect is not a huge asking price. Especially for an effect this good.
This has got to be one of the MOST VISUAL color changes I have EVER seen. I am having a lot of playing around with this! GREAT work Dave...

Cody S. Fisher
I have dreamed of a colour change that looked like that where a card melts from one colour into another. The applications for this gaff are mindbloggling.

one thing I thought of: a card is torn into pieces and burnt. A blank card is then magically printed so that the deck still remains complete. Patter? the reason bicycle supply that one blank card with every deck. oh and when they turn the pieces of the torn card over -its blank.
Do they still do that? I have never received a blank card in a normal deck of Bikes.
Cameron,

I think Mac may have been talking about presentationally. I don't think laymen would question whether or not a deck came with a blank card.

Donny
Actually down here in south africa we get 1 blank card with every deck. I have yet to find a rider back in a shop, all I ever get is league backs.

Another Idea I had was talking about marking cards. You have a spectator pick a card and then you say that you're gonna let her in on the trick. You tell her that magicians put a secret mark on the card.."just a tiny red mark that you can bearly see" that's when you colour change the card.
I stand corrected.
I wish we would get a blank card with every deck here in the U.S.
Instead of the Texas Hold'em Rules cards..
I wish rider backs where more common place as there are so many gaffs and gmmicks I cant use.
[quote]
On 2008-02-19 13:07, evolve629 wrote:
I wish we would get a blank card with every deck here in the U.S.
Instead of the Texas Hold'em Rules cards..
[/quote]

Gotta go with what the marketing department says :)
Beautiful, clever, practical and highly magical in appearance. Probably the first "instant download" that's actually exceeded (never mind met) my expectations. This WILL go into my repertoire.

Gaff takes moments to construct and will last pretty much forever.
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Feb 21, 2008 07:52PM)
Sounds great
Another *Great* effect by David Forrest! I really like the way this guy thinks!

Enjoy!

** Bill **
[quote]
On 2008-02-18 06:48, Marc Frese wrote:
I have this now!!!
I LOVE it!!!!
10/10!!!

Gimmick is very very easy to make.

Highly recommended.
[/quote]

Shhhhhhh..... Not much to look at here people, move along... go download some other effect by that genius David Forest... leave this one to us.

In the meantime, I'm having a little trouble when I'm doing the color change. With my grip the card is coming off a bit 'crooked.' Hopefully, that makes sense without giving anything away.

I'd appreciate a pm from anyone else who has had and resolved this problem... maybe I just have a "death grip" on the pack! :)
This is really cool. Just downloaded, made the special something, and getting ready to practice.

Sweet stuff.

John
Let us know how you like it John

Don
For anyone who has this, does the download come with written instructions as well?

Craig
[quote]
On 2008-02-26 09:04, motown wrote:
For anyone who has this, does the download come with written instructions as well?

Craig
[/quote]

Hi
Craig

No, there are no written instructions!
Everything is explained in the video.

I already had a lot of fun with CB!

The idea is soooo easy ! But GOOD!
And, nevertheless, the trick looks great!

Angle are OK!
And a little bit practice Is assumed.
I like CB!
And I am glad that I have CB!
Thanks Marc!
Ill Put my hand up here. This one fooled the hell out of me. Fantastic work as always dave
Using the colour burn gimmick you can add that extra wow for the last ace of an ace assembly, or reset.
[quote]
On 2008-02-25 08:20, NYCJoePitt wrote:

Shhhhhhh..... Not much to look at here people, move along... go download some other effect by that genius David Forest... leave this one to us.
[/quote]

hrhr...nonono NOT moving along...just downloading... :)
I got this last night, must say...David has done it again! Wonderful thinking here, cannot wait to play around with it.

Adam
I think this would be a great addition to an already great effect, Flicker by Michael Paul...just my 2 cents. I definiely must get this soon!

David
Excellent Download! The gimmick creates an amazing illusion of a real color change! Looks like real magic, and best of all its super easy to do!

Thanks David!

P.
Well I made the gimmick up yesterday and took me all about 5 minutes. I reversed mine though to change a red deck to a blue one. This made watching the instructions a little more confusing since everything was backwards for me, but still easy enough to follow backwards. Most of my card magic is done with blue decks. So this will be my new opening. I expliain how Im going to do a trick with a red deck and then proceed to tell them that I don't like to use red decks, I much prefer to use blue decks, and then slowly start to change cards, do the burn and then the whole deck changes to blue. Then Im set to go into my other usual card routines with a blue deck.

I practiced for about 4 hours yesterday, and got it down pat in no time at all. I showed Lyndsy this morning and her mouth dropped open as I was doing the burn and then when the bottom half changed, I saw her eyes change to a bugged out state. It slayed her. She loved it. It needs just a bit of tweeking on my part in a couple of small areas, not that a laymen would notice anything different its just for me. So with that in mind I'll have this up and running in no time as a pet trick. I love it!

Again this looks like real magic!

Thanks David!

Peter.
This is the best download I've ever bought!

Thanks for releasing it Dave.

Andy.
Absolutely fantastic. I had my doubts - how could such a visual colour change exist?! I got it though, was absolutely floored, and what can you say if your most hardened critics are floored as well!

Two thumbs up! Thanks Dave!

ChrisK.
This is an awesome and dumbfounding. how something that is so visual would be so simple to perform. a great buy. buy it now before the currency rates change. :P
Saw David do Color Burn this weekend at the Daytona Magic Festival and it killed! He was fryin’ magicians with it…blew me away!
I have enjoyed performing effect s from David and Full 52 in the past (Use Fresh Mint all the time) so it was really nice to meet him in person…a terrific guy.

TC

By the way, pop over to http://www.full52.com/snapped.html very entertaining routine…it will be going in to my walk around.